Quantcast

» «
Photo

Niko Bellic or The big 3?

84 replies to this topic
KyleAElliott
  • KyleAElliott

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:50 AM

Niko B had such an awesome story behind him. His life in Europe, him being a war vetean.. The REASON why he left to go to Liberty City.. I thought he was such a badass.

I like Franklin, Michael, and T... but there isnt a back story to them. I dont know that much about them. Except how M and T used to be real close and go on scores together?

I like Franklin because he reminds me of CJ (Not only because he's black lol)

Who do you like best out of the 4? I take Niko.

Flyby29
  • Flyby29

"Settle Down Captain Happy"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:52 AM

Be honest it's because franklin is black

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:53 AM

Niko, he's still my favorite.
  • Target13 and jeanrjm like this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:57 AM

Niko is not my favorite GTA protagonist. But he is better than all 3 GTA V protagonists, that I will say. 

• sqre, AtomicPunk, Target13 and 1 other like this

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Change my stupid name.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:57 AM

Niko, his story really makes you connect with his character. Besides, Michael, Franklin, and Trevor don't have a cousin like Roman.

• Target13 likes this

67f100
  • 67f100

That Ford Guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:07 AM

Roman: Hi cousin want to go bowling?

Me: F*ck you Roman I am TRYING to do this mission.

lol trevor is my favorite though

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:11 AM

keiz.jpg[

• Target13, Distrom and jeanrjm like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:11 AM

Niko, his story really makes you connect with his character. Besides, Michael, Franklin, and Trevor don't have a cousin like Roman.

Trevor probably came across Roman at least once in his life. Why do you think he is so crazy? Roman tends to have that effect on people.

• DeafMetal likes this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:12 AM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 02 December 2013 - 03:16 AM.

This is a really tough question.

Niko was my favourite GTA protag of all time before V released, but Michael has a really interesting story too, and he don't f*ck around. And then there's Trevor - the most hilarious and entertaining thing to happen to GTA imho. Franklins pretty chill too. I honestly can't answer this.

But Max Payne wipes the floor with all of them anyway, so...

MaxPayne3-2012-11-23-20-46-20-797.jpg

• The Odyssey, Trinette, hooma and 1 other like this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:39 AM

There IS a backstory to them, especially for Mike. Franklin eh, not so much, I think the only bad story was that he moved in with his auntie and his long time girlfriend left him for some doctor or something because she didn't like his gangbanging.

And, Any one of the big 3 > Bellic. He was so f*cking whinny. It was like:

Ped1: "Good evening sir, and welcome to Burger S--"

Niko: "I KILLED PEOPLE AND I REGRET IT\n"

Ped1: "...shot? Um, what would you have tonight, sir?"

Niko: "I WILL HAVE SATAN BECAUSE I AM A HORRIBLE HUMAN BE-- hold on, let me kill everyone in the restaurant real quick with my grenade -- ING!"

He never got off his soapbox and the free roam killed the consistency of his personality.

• ten-a-penny, JustOneMonth and nobum62 like this

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:10 AM

Niko owns all.

• aln456, hooma, KyleAElliott and 1 other like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:18 AM

Niko was my favourite GTA protag of all time before V released, but Michael has a really interesting story too, and he don't f*ck around. And then there's Trevor - the most hilarious and entertaining thing to happen to GTA imho. Franklins pretty chill too. I honestly can't answer this.

Let's be honest, we need a Max Payne + GTA crossover. 

It would be amazing.

nobum62
  • nobum62

Douchebag who owns a chromed Furore GT

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:35 AM Edited by nobum62, 02 December 2013 - 04:36 AM.

i dunno why OP doesn't include luis and johnny in this since they and niko are technically the big 3 of gta 4, but:

jiih.jpg

even niko alone beats the 3 gta 5 protags

• Miamivicecity, aln456, RyanBurnsRed and 1 other like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:06 AM

There IS a backstory to them, especially for Mike. Franklin eh, not so much, I think the only bad story was that he moved in with his auntie and his long time girlfriend left him for some doctor or something because she didn't like his gangbanging.

Niko: "I WILL HAVE SATAN BECAUSE I AM A HORRIBLE HUMAN BE-- hold on, let me kill everyone in the restaurant real quick with my grenade -- ING!"

He never got off his soapbox and the free roam killed the consistency of his personality.

Michael- "I only know one way to make some money"

Franklin- "Count me in"

Trevor-" Count me in too"

Random woman screaming- "Help someone stole my purse"

*Trevor chases after guy and gets money back*

*Gives money back to woman*

Trevor- "Here you go madam"

e12x.png

• Deadly Target, aln456, DeafMetal and 5 others like this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:14 AM

Franklin- "Count me in"

e12x.png

When I first played GTA V on my cousin's Xbox, I switched from Franklin to Trevor. He was pointing a gun at someone on a dock telling him he wants to see some tricks (or something like that).

The guy was absolutely terrified. It was hilarious.

Then I switched Micheal and he just walked out of a bar out in the country piss poor drunk. 

Good stuff.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:06 AM Edited by G_Masta_Phunk, 02 December 2013 - 06:07 AM.

None of them beat Vercetti... best GTA protag of all time. 

tommy_vercetti_by_patrickbrown-d4vyku3.j

And for over all R* characters? Ya... Max Payne is a dope... but Marston has him beat

Marston is the best... like the voice actor, the story, the setting, he just... was the sh*t. 

Rdr_john_marston.jpg

Now sir... for your question... I do not know much of Nikko so I cant really answer -.- I wish I beat GTA IV.... knowing what I know... he has a more in depth and complex life and story. The Russian aspect really drew me to him....But for some reason I really like Micheal. He reminds me of Mr. Blonde from Rezzy dogs... or moreso that actor 

Mr_Blonde.jpg

For some reason I couldnt think of any other actor but Madison when watching the Micheal scenes... Always sloshed on hard liquor, wearing a suit but also looks like he doesnt give a f*ck... that sort of ever lasting 5 oclock beard with the greesy slicked hair. Michael Madison even has the same damn name.... anyways.. I sort of vibed with Michael's character... an old heist expert trying to get out of the game for good and focus on his family... 

Its funny... his story is paralleled with John Marstons too.... not so much the FIB has his family... but if he doesnt cooperate with the feds hes f*cked. 

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

jiih.jpg

bensons
  • bensons

Homie

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:59 AM

my online toon I created is my fave

TheStranger_NL
  • TheStranger_NL

Ronins MC

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:03 AM

Exactly this.
  • Lucchese likes this

/Tuomaz
  • /Tuomaz

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:06 AM

Johnny Klebitz, Niko and as someone said above, Marston is good (except he's apparently not even a GTA character). 

V surely does lack some storytelling, I think we don't know enough about the past of our 3 protagonists. Go and see Niko Bellic's GTA Wiki site, you'll see a long writing about what he has done in his lifetime before he went to Liberty City. I've been thinking that maybe some ''flashback DLC'' in North Yankton would be great, I guess I'm one of the only ones to think so, though.

Memphys
  • Memphys

Did I ever tell you about Trevor?

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:30 AM

Tommy Vercetti, Niko and Trevor are the best protags of GTA series.

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

Fait ce que Voudras

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:05 AM

Niko

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

Thing is... Nikko I felt had nothing to lose... he is like Trever, perhaps why I never got into IV.... or III for that matter.... both Micheal and Tommy had a lot to lose... Tommy's empire, Micheal's family... Like wtf is trever philips ind. compared to Tommy Vercetti's empire? He ran the city. Then having a family, brings some pull to the character, a bit of meaning... Trever seems meaningless.. chaotic... why lots of people like him while others hate him... understandable... 

• aln456 likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:22 AM

Franklin- "Count me in"

e12x.png

It actually makes sense. Why concern themselves with petty stuff like that when they make money doing heists plus they have their faces covered when robbing banks and jewelry stores. If they return a woman's purse somebody might film it these days and people think they are a good guy while in reality they are doing major heists. That is thinking like a smart criminal. Many criminals do good things for the community on the surface in order to hide the real dirt.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

Thing is... Nikko I felt had nothing to lose... he is like Trever, perhaps why I never got into IV.... or III for that matter.... both Micheal and Tommy had a lot to lose... Tommy's empire, Micheal's family... Like wtf is trever philips ind. compared to Tommy Vercetti's empire? He ran the city. Then having a family, brings some pull to the character, a bit of meaning... Trever seems meaningless.. chaotic... why lots of people like him while others hate him... understandable... 

Unlike Niko Trevor wants the life he is living. He can't fit with normal society so he embraces a life of crime.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

I'm not going to be narrow minded like everybody else and reference characters from completely different series when the topic clearly suggests the preferal between the GTA IV and V protagonists.

I prefer Niko, for storytelling. There was one of him, there was more story and more effort more background and therefore more desire in his eyes to make something of himself. With V, the characters either have everything, don't care about anything or are generally just not as realised character wise as Niko is. I didn't really care for the V protagonists as I didn't spend each time with them individually. The three works as a gameplay mechanic, but not as a narrative mechanic.

So I'm kind of scared. I want them to go back to one character with the next game. I want to get to the top like we always have. But i'm scared all the young players won't care about it as much because they are used to this new bold direction Rockstar have presented us.

• hooma and jeanrjm like this

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Homie

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

Trevor then Tommy then maybe Niko   

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

Niko was the worst protagonist IMO.

• Tashan likes this

Blazevski12
  • Blazevski12

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:46 AM

Niko  was\is the best gta protagonist. The scene where he find Darko finaly ( at the final missions) is the best scene in the GTA series.

GTA_Girl84
  • GTA_Girl84

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:29 PM Edited by GTA_Girl84, 02 December 2013 - 12:32 PM.

None of them beat Vercetti... best GTA protag of all time. 
tommy_vercetti_by_patrickbrown-d4vyku3.j

And for over all R* characters? Ya... Max Payne is a dope... but Marston has him beat

Marston is the best... like the voice act the story, the setting, he just... was the sh*t. 
Rdr_john_marston.jpg
Now sir... for your question... I do not know much of Nikko so I cant really answer -.- I wish I beat GTA IV.... knowing what I know... he has a more in depth and complex life and story. The Russian aspect really drew me to him....But for some reason I really like Micheal. He reminds me of Mr. Blonde from Rezzy dogs... or moreso that actor 
Mr_Blonde.jpg

For some reason I couldnt think of any other actor but Madison when watching the Micheal scenes... Always sloshed on hard liquor, wearing a suit but also looks like he doesnt give a f*ck... that sort of ever lasting 5 oclock beard with the greesy slicked hair. Michael Madison even has the same damn name.... anyways.. I sort of vibed with Michael's character... an old heist expert trying to get out of the game for good and focus on his family... 

Its funny... his story is paralleled with John Marstons too.... not so much the FIB has his family... but if he doesnt cooperate with the feds hes f*cked. 

Agree with you. ( had issues with net )
  • G_Masta_Phunk likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users