Photo

HD Universe: Successful CJ Theory

60 replies to this topic
Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

Just stop it already. It was Rockstars choice to reboot the franchise, and it was a good choice, accept it and move on.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

Am I the only one who enjoyed reading the op?
  • Sasqui likes this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

Please people, just give the CJ thing a rest. He was nothing special from the 3D era, so I don't understand why people care and want him to exist in the HD any more than the rest of the 3D era protagonists.

Says someone using a III era protag's surname in his username... and a IV protag's first name...

Let it go man.
Are you a f*cking retard? Did you even understand what I said? All I said was that CJ is no more unique or special than any of the other 3D era protagonists. I never said that they are bad, I just never see any topics about, say... Toni Cipriani existing in the HD universe, so why all the focus on CJ?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

Please people, just give the CJ thing a rest. He was nothing special from the 3D era, so I don't understand why people care and want him to exist in the HD any more than the rest of the 3D era protagonists.

Says someone using a III era protag's surname in his username... and a IV protag's first name...

Let it go man.
Are you a f*cking retard? Did you even understand what I said? All I said was that CJ is no more unique or special than any of the other 3D era protagonists. I never said that they are bad, I just never see any topics about, say... Toni Cipriani existing in the HD universe, so why all the focus on CJ?

Yes, I totally understood what you said. No need to piss your knickers. 

But your username is a combination of two other protag's names. You need to let go. Find your own identity. Be someone. Be someone special. 

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

Let it go man.

Yes, I totally understood what you said. No need to piss your knickers. 

But your username is a combination of two other protag's names. You need to let go. Find your own identity. Be someone. Be someone special. 
Ok my bad, just very drunk and angry right now. Been trying to think of a better username since they gave us the ability to change it anyway.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

Ok my bad, just very drunk and angry right now. Been trying to think of a better username since they gave us the ability to change it anyway.

How about 'drunk&angry'?

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

I thought it was well known that Franklin is CJ in disguise?

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

Wait, Successful HD CJ?

Impossible, CJ doesn't exist in HD.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

Stop with the f*cking Fruntalot ad thingy, he looks like CJ but he's not CJ god damnit.

I am cringing so hard at you idolatrizing a fake clothing brand only because someone that looks like your icon is on the ad.

It's just a theory. I never said I liked CJ, much less "idolatrized" he and Fruntalot. I never even said anything other than it's possible that he exists, plus I mentioned that I'm plausibly looking too far into an Easter egg.

Sorry for acting rude and all. Atleast you changed it in the end, it's nothing more than a coincidence or an easter egg.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:18 PM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 02 December 2013 - 03:19 PM.

You guys are taking to heart that 3D/HD parallel alternate universe theory far too much. You do realize a fat, nerdy twat probably asked Dan Houser if ''CJ was going to be back in IV ?'' at a conference and to which he replied easily with this theory (to which he came up with on the go, for sure). I don't give a f*ck for Claude, Tommy, CJ, all of them, I have no desire to see them in a game ever again, but that's a sh*tty, lazy, cheap way to say they won't be back. Both eras share companies, cities and even acknowledge some accomplishements from past games. Just say it Rockstar, have balls and say: ''No, give up fags, we made a game for these characters, wanna see them ? Play those games, Simple, now let me work!''.

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

Video with CJ visible.

http://youtu.be/GC8B_EnWKMM?t=47s

It's very bad quality, but if you want a better view, go watch TV in IV.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

I think the whole "3D guys cant come back in HD." is bullsh*t. Because there's a sh*t ton of 3D stuff in the HD games.

I just think them saying 3D can't exist anymore, is the sympathetic way of saying "Sorry, those guys stories are done, move on.". 

Oh really? So who from the 3D era, who made an actual physical appearance, makes a physical appears in the HD era game? I can't think of any.

Cris Formage and Lazlow.

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Willy from Love fist is in V. He has had physical appearances in Vice city and V.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

Willy from Love fist is in V. He has had physical appearances in Vice city and V.

I remember him in V, damn, I can't believe he is also in V too! I can't wait for him to appear in the upcoming V though.

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Rockstar has confirmed that the 2D, 3D, and HD universes are separate. That means that the Los Santos in GTA San Andreas isn't the same as the Los Santos in GTA V.
However, they are clearly parallel lands. In both universes, Mt. Chilliad exists, Los Santos contains Grove Street (which is populated by gang members), there are many gangs, companies, radio stations & personalities, locations, and even Rockstar created characters that exist in SA's state of San Andreas and V's state of San Andreas.
Love Fist, for example, prominently exists in both universes, and one of the twins from Vice City appears on a sign in GTA V.

Now here comes the theory....

Disclaimer: I am not a CJ or GTA San Andreas fanboy. I'm just bored, possibly a little drunk, I can't sleep, and I'm sick of playing GTA V after so many hours.

It is implied that the HD universe really began to branch from the 3D universe when the wars between the Ballas and Families occurred in the 1990s. Instead of the Ballas losing like in GTA San Andreas, they won because CJ stayed in Liberty City.
Yes, CJ may exist in the HD universe. Just because they're separate doesn't mean parallel characters can't exist.
There is quite substantial proof that CJ exists in the HD universe, since there is photographic evidence. CJ appears in GTA IV on a billboard in Algonquin, Liberty City, advertising Fruntalot clothing. It reads "for the Concrete Jungle".
The last two words add some further proof to his existence (as if the clearly identical face wasn't enough).
Concrete Jungle.
CJ.
My theory is that, instead of returning to San Andreas in 1992, after leaving for Liberty in 1987, Carl decided to stick around in the concrete jungle. Feeling he could be successful here, CJ decided to make something of himself.
Filling in the blanks, we can assume they CJ became a successful owner of a high end clothing line known as Fruntalot and, at age 40 in 2008, put a billboard in Algonquin showing the would-be savior of Grove Street sitting on a chair in a pinstripe suit, sunglasses, a fedora and an expensive looking pinkie-ring, holding a glass of wine and almost smirking at the camera while a hot chick stands in front of him. The stylized font reading "fruntalot" sits just at his feet.

TL; DR: CJ exists in the HD universe but instead of saving Grove street, he stayed in LC and started a clothing line. Google "fruntalot" and look at the first image.

So, what do you think of my theory? Am I just looking too far into an Easter egg, or is this the reason why HD San Andreas and 3D San Andreas have different gang presences in the south?

What a load of ** just because R* was done with the old characters -.-

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

Totally wrong. Willy was the only guy from Love Fist that doesn't appear physically in the game (there were three of them in the studio, limo and the concert). His only appearance was the artwork in the Vice City booklet. End of story.

• Bonnano likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

Oh wow another Universe theory thread. For those that don't believe it, go to Twitch, go to Rockstar games channel, play the last stream of the event where Lazlow is giving a commentary, skip to around 30 or 40 minutes in, Lazlow actually gives an explanation on the universes directly to the viewers and how the events of the old era didn't happen here, etc. That is the most recent one we have, direct from Lazlow, just last month.

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

Sortve have a life outside of video games, go easy

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:06 PM

Honestly regardless of what they say, I feel like many others, that R* saying they're all in different universes because they don't want the headaches of trying to explain why they didn't connect the games in some way.

That being said, I'll have to check out Lazlows explanation.

TheTruthOnly
  • TheTruthOnly

Street Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

Honestly regardless of what they say, I feel like many others, that R* saying they're all in different universes because they don't want the headaches of trying to explain why they didn't connect the games in some way.

Rockstar just couldn't connect HD era with 3D, that wouldn't make any logical sense. Totally alternative worlds. That "universe thing" would be much easier to understand for everyone, if GTA SA was 2D

Every inch of map is very different; only names stayed the same - How R* would explain that somehow Los Santos grow up, buildings got taller, mountains came out from nowhere, big lake appear just outside of LS with town etc. and in that new redesigned world, a new high poly version of old CJ or any other 3d character lives like nothing happen?

R* could continue old SA story, if everything in LS stayed the same, with every story related place ofc with few slight differences, since 20 years have passed, but with SLIGHT, NATURAL DIFFERENCES, not a total remake. I laugh so hard when people says that 20 years difference is the reason, why there's no CJ house in GTA V. They noticed that there's no house, but didn't notice that the whole city barely look like the old one.

Why is it that hard to understand that simple thing? It was obvious from the very beginning that there will be no 3d characters in V, just like in IV.

If someone still don't get it, check that Lazlow explanation.

• Apex Predator likes this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:22 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 03 December 2013 - 06:25 PM.

CJ is the most overrated protagonist ever...

It's been said before. The only things that cross over universes are placenames (Liberty City, San Andreas), celebrities (Jack Howitzer, Lazlow, Love Fist e.g) and in-game brands (Sprunk, Cluckin Bell).

• SonOfLiberty, Wolfhuman and Bonnano like this

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

CJ is the most overrated protagonist ever...

It's been said before. The only things that cross over universes are placenames (Liberty City, San Andreas), celebrities (Jack Howitzer, Lazlow, Love Fist e.g) and in-game brands (Sprunk, Cluckin Bell).

Could care less about CJ coming back into the series from the 3D world into HD. But I think it'd be pretty cool to atleast acknowledge the events of a previous 3D installment. Like if they went back to Vice City an said somthing about an old mafia guy Tommy Vercetti. He wouldn't even have to be in the game, just a reference to him i think we be enough for most people. At least in that instance.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

I think you guys are missing the point. This is not another CJ dick riding thread, nor another theory of "omgee CJ iz back". He just thought something interesting about CJ and made an interesting theory so you could read it, not believe in it. He even says that it's not likely true.

Goddamnit.

• Sasqui likes this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

Rockstar just couldn't connect HD era with 3D, that wouldn't make any logical sense. Totally alternative worlds. That "universe thing" would be much easier to understand for everyone, if GTA SA was 2D

Every inch of map is very different; only names stayed the same - How R* would explain that somehow Los Santos grow up, buildings got taller, mountains came out from nowhere, big lake appear just outside of LS with town etc. and in that new redesigned world, a new high poly version of old CJ or any other 3d character lives like nothing happen?

R* could continue old SA story, if everything in LS stayed the same, with every story related place ofc with few slight differences, since 20 years have passed, but with SLIGHT, NATURAL DIFFERENCES, not a total remake. I laugh so hard when people says that 20 years difference is the reason, why there's no CJ house in GTA V. They noticed that there's no house, but didn't notice that the whole city barely look like the old one.

Why is it that hard to understand that simple thing? It was obvious from the very beginning that there will be no 3d characters in V, just like in IV.

Because people are dumb a f*ck, that's why.

You summed it up great, but many people can't seem to realize that Rockstar had to evolve, that they had to re-create the cities and that keeping old stories in those cities made no sense.

Ask those people what's the difference between SA map and V's map and they'll tell you ''There is no CJ's house, and there is no SF and LV, so SA was bigger'' and that's the kid of intelligence we're dealing with here.

jackinnes
  • jackinnes

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

You do realize a fat, nerdy twat probably asked Dan Houser if ''CJ was going to be back in IV ?'' at a conference and to which he replied easily with this theory (to which he came up with on the go, for sure).

This x1000

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

What if Dan Houser is Dan Houser. I mean look at them they look identical  :sui:

Dan_Houser.jpg  Dan_Houser.jpg

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

You do realize a fat, nerdy twat probably asked Dan Houser if ''CJ was going to be back in IV ?'' at a conference and to which he replied easily with this theory (to which he came up with on the go, for sure).

This x1000

:cookie:

Tomy1986
  • Tomy1986

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:47 AM

This is the story of a gangbanger who wanted to leave all that crap behind, but got constantly sucked back against his will in gang affairs and criminal acts because of others. Eventually, he moves on and gets a big house in the hills. He neglects his homies and is considered a disloyal mofo, but in the end comes back to the rescue and shows that despite his recent decisions in life, he's still true to his people and his origins.

This, bit more, bit less, is the story behind both Franklin and CJ. So basically, Franklin is CJ's rendition in V :p

The same goes for Michael and Trevor. For me, Michael is a retired Tommy Vercetti unhappy with his happily ever after life bullsh*t and on the verge of mental breakdown, and Trevor is an older and deranged Claude who ripped off someone's tongue and stuck it in his mouth to regain speech. And boy, he had a lot of things to spew.

• KingPancakes likes this

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

The whole rebooting eras thing is just cheesey.

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:26 AM

Well atleast they sortve referenced Niko in V and Packie was an option for heists after finding him. It's not the same as rebooting or bringing from 3D to HD, but it was enough for me :)

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:31 AM

Because people are dumb a f*ck, that's why.

You summed it up great, but many people can't seem to realize that Rockstar had to evolve, that they had to re-create the cities and that keeping old stories in those cities made no sense.

Ask those people what's the difference between SA map and V's map and they'll tell you ''There is no CJ's house, and there is no SF and LV, so SA was bigger'' and that's the kind of intelligence we're dealing with here.

Oh and I could do without SF but LV would be an awesome DLC or even the next location for a full game. The amount of ideas for storylines and missions is mind boggling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users