• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic
sukmieazz
  • sukmieazz

Put out to pasture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

Rockstar has confirmed that the 2D, 3D, and HD universes are separate. That means that the Los Santos in GTA San Andreas isn't the same as the Los Santos in GTA V.
However, they are clearly parallel lands. In both universes, Mt. Chilliad exists, Los Santos contains Grove Street (which is populated by gang members), there are many gangs, companies, radio stations & personalities, locations, and even Rockstar created characters that exist in SA's state of San Andreas and V's state of San Andreas.
Love Fist, for example, prominently exists in both universes, and one of the twins from Vice City appears on a sign in GTA V.

Now here comes the theory....

Disclaimer: I am not a CJ or GTA San Andreas fanboy. I'm just bored, possibly a little drunk, I can't sleep, and I'm sick of playing GTA V after so many hours.

It is implied that the HD universe really began to branch from the 3D universe when the wars between the Ballas and Families occurred in the 1990s. Instead of the Ballas losing like in GTA San Andreas, they won because CJ stayed in Liberty City.
Yes, CJ may exist in the HD universe. Just because they're separate doesn't mean parallel characters can't exist.
There is quite substantial proof that CJ exists in the HD universe, since there is photographic evidence. CJ appears in GTA IV on a billboard in Algonquin, Liberty City, advertising Fruntalot clothing. It reads "for the Concrete Jungle".
The last two words add some further proof to his existence (as if the clearly identical face wasn't enough).
Concrete Jungle.
CJ.
My theory is that, instead of returning to San Andreas in 1992, after leaving for Liberty in 1987, Carl decided to stick around in the concrete jungle. Feeling he could be successful here, CJ decided to make something of himself.
Filling in the blanks, we can assume they CJ became a successful owner of a high end clothing line known as Fruntalot and, at age 40 in 2008, put a billboard in Algonquin showing the would-be savior of Grove Street sitting on a chair in a pinstripe suit, sunglasses, a fedora and an expensive looking pinkie-ring, holding a glass of wine and almost smirking at the camera while a hot chick stands in front of him. The stylized font reading "fruntalot" sits just at his feet.

TL; DR: CJ exists in the HD universe but instead of saving Grove street, he stayed in LC and started a clothing line. Google "fruntalot" and look at the first image.

So, what do you think of my theory? Am I just looking too far into an Easter egg, or is this the reason why HD San Andreas and 3D San Andreas have different gang presences in the south?
  • wetter42, Lazor Guns and Alchemist like this

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:08 AM

"Succesful"? Modest much?

Go to bed. 

• Sazez likes this

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:09 AM

Autism intensifies...

• Rerxelend, RoadRunner71, ActionBronson and 1 other like this

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:18 AM

yo, this is a dope ass theory

• wetter42 and sukmieazz like this

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:22 AM

yeah this is true he's got a good point

also i've got another theory

what if trevor philips is jack nicholson

nicholson-trevor-620x400.png

:O

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:26 AM

I don't even need to read the first post.  All I need to say is that Rockstar even said that CJ, Tommy, ect are all mythical creatures, according to the HD universe.

• TheDonutGuyFromBlackOps 1 likes this

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:34 AM Edited by Bonnano, 02 December 2013 - 02:35 AM.

Stop with the f*cking Fruntalot ad thingy, he looks like CJ but he's not CJ god damnit.

I am cringing so hard at you idolatrizing a fake clothing brand only because someone that looks like your icon is on the ad.

sukmieazz
  • sukmieazz

Put out to pasture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:16 AM

"Succesful"? Modest much?

Go to bed. 

I used it for alliteration. I should have said Super Successful CJ.

sukmieazz
  • sukmieazz

Put out to pasture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:21 AM

Stop with the f*cking Fruntalot ad thingy, he looks like CJ but he's not CJ god damnit.

I am cringing so hard at you idolatrizing a fake clothing brand only because someone that looks like your icon is on the ad.

It's just a theory. I never said I liked CJ, much less "idolatrized" he and Fruntalot. I never even said anything other than it's possible that he exists, plus I mentioned that I'm plausibly looking too far into an Easter egg.

Teo265
  • Teo265

Perfectionist

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:14 AM

I think they only used CJ as a cover boy, there are more advertisements of Fruntalot.

Possibly CJ: http://static4.wikia...50700592970.jpg

Some random dude: http://img15.imagesh...50716312903.jpg

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:16 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 02 December 2013 - 05:18 AM.

Rockstar has confirmed that the 2D, 3D, and HD universes are separate. That means that the Los Santos in GTA San Andreas isn't the same as the Los Santos in GTA V.
However, they are clearly parallel lands. In both universes, Mt. Chilliad exists, Los Santos contains Grove Street (which is populated by gang members), there are many gangs, companies, radio stations & personalities, locations, and even Rockstar created characters that exist in SA's state of San Andreas and V's state of San Andreas.
Love Fist, for example, prominently exists in both universes, and one of the twins from Vice City appears on a sign in GTA V.

Now here comes the theory....

Disclaimer: I am not a CJ or GTA San Andreas fanboy. I'm just bored, possibly a little drunk, I can't sleep, and I'm sick of playing GTA V after so many hours.

It is implied that the HD universe really began to branch from the 3D universe when the wars between the Ballas and Families occurred in the 1990s. Instead of the Ballas losing like in GTA San Andreas, they won because CJ stayed in Liberty City.
Yes, CJ may exist in the HD universe. Just because they're separate doesn't mean parallel characters can't exist.
There is quite substantial proof that CJ exists in the HD universe, since there is photographic evidence. CJ appears in GTA IV on a billboard in Algonquin, Liberty City, advertising Fruntalot clothing. It reads "for the Concrete Jungle".
The last two words add some further proof to his existence (as if the clearly identical face wasn't enough).
Concrete Jungle.
CJ.
My theory is that, instead of returning to San Andreas in 1992, after leaving for Liberty in 1987, Carl decided to stick around in the concrete jungle. Feeling he could be successful here, CJ decided to make something of himself.
Filling in the blanks, we can assume they CJ became a successful owner of a high end clothing line known as Fruntalot and, at age 40 in 2008, put a billboard in Algonquin showing the would-be savior of Grove Street sitting on a chair in a pinstripe suit, sunglasses, a fedora and an expensive looking pinkie-ring, holding a glass of wine and almost smirking at the camera while a hot chick stands in front of him. The stylized font reading "fruntalot" sits just at his feet.

TL; DR: CJ exists in the HD universe but instead of saving Grove street, he stayed in LC and started a clothing line. Google "fruntalot" and look at the first image.

So, what do you think of my theory? Am I just looking too far into an Easter egg, or is this the reason why HD San Andreas and 3D San Andreas have different gang presences in the south?

Except for the fact that Dan Houser has said that major characters cannot exist between Eras, only background characters can.

So your whole theory is shot.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:20 AM

Jeez, it's just a game. 

Theories, theories in every aspect of it makes no sense to me unless your aim was to bring some quality post out of the boredom then it's okay.

But frankly, man just play the game and forget about it. 

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

One shot, one kill.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:38 AM

This theory does explain why Grove Street is now run by The Ballas. Seeing as how there is no explanation given in-game, it does make sense.

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:49 AM

Please people, just give the CJ thing a rest. He was nothing special from the 3D era, so I don't understand why people care and want him to exist in the HD any more than the rest of the 3D era protagonists.
  • wetter42 likes this

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

One shot, one kill.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:51 AM

Please people, just give the CJ thing a rest. He was nothing special from the 3D era, so I don't understand why people care and want him to exist in the HD any more than the rest of the 3D era protagonists.

I didn't really care for CJ in San Andreas, but I just find this theory to be very interesting.

• wetter42 likes this

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

Hotboxing in my Lazer

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:55 AM

I think the whole "3D guys cant come back in HD." is bullsh*t. Because there's a sh*t ton of 3D stuff in the HD games.

I just think them saying 3D can't exist anymore, is the sympathetic way of saying "Sorry, those guys stories are done, move on.". 

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:58 AM

I think the whole "3D guys cant come back in HD." is bullsh*t. Because there's a sh*t ton of 3D stuff in the HD games.

I just think them saying 3D can't exist anymore, is the sympathetic way of saying "Sorry, those guys stories are done, move on.". 

Oh really? So who from the 3D era, who made an actual physical appearance, makes a physical appears in the HD era game? I can't think of any.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:00 AM

Agreed. CJ sucks. Tommy was and always will be the best protagonist from the GTA III era IMO.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:04 AM

Please, whats wrong with him? CJ doesn't suck :D 

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:08 AM

1) He's a pussy.

2) He's a pussy.

3) He's a pussy.

Did I mention he's a pussy? I couldn't stand the way he let everyone walk over him. I'd legitimately throw up if R* brought him back in any fashion.

• wetter42 likes this

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

Hotboxing in my Lazer

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:08 AM

Oh really? So who from the 3D era, who made an actual physical appearance, makes a physical appears in the HD era game? I can't think of any.

I don't mean actual characters. 

I mean there's a Liberty City and San Andreas in HD, the most obvious two. Then after that there are endless references to the 3D games. 

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:23 AM

He was an idiot. Best example: He worked bitch for a government agent, taking on ridiculous tasks like stealing fighter jets and blowing up planes full of reptilian men, to get his brother out of jail. Yet, it would have been a hell of a lot easier and quicker for him to bust Sweet out of jail himself.
  • wetter42 and Zodape like this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:39 AM

Whoa! If CJ didn't come back to LS then who the hell had to follow THE DAMN TRAIN??? Impossible! You sir are drunk! Go home!

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:46 AM

LazlowV.pngLazlow: 'I did'

Niko Vercetti 112: 'I JUST GOT OWNED'

He was an idiot. Best example: He worked bitch for a government agent, taking on ridiculous tasks like stealing fighter jets and blowing up planes full of reptilian men, to get his brother out of jail. Yet, it would have been a hell of a lot easier and quicker for him to bust Sweet out of jail himself.

Yeah, becuase Niko 'Bowling' Belic never worked for anyone did he? It wasn't like he was everyone in Liberty City's bitch at some point including the goverment? Niko worked for himself, no one told Niko to do anything, Niko and Niko alone decides when he wants to go bowling.

This was sarcasm just incase English isn't your first language.

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:51 AM

Rockstar Games: 3D characters dont exist in HD universe.

GTA IV: CJ can be seen in TV.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:40 AM

http://thegamershub.net/2012/01/39187/

http://www.nowgamer....s_rockstar.html

Stop being retards.

And to the guy above me, unless you post a video or screenshot or a statement or actual hard proof from game files or something that it is CJ, then you're full of sh*t.

Brands, and background characters can be between eras, full 3D characters cannot.

Lazlow is never seen until GTA V (which more than likely means that Rockstar intends to either put him to rest in the series, or keep using him for future use if the GTA era for the next GTA will be the same).

It's not rocket science. It's not quantum physics. It's basic common sense. Also to Coldhearted, Lazlow never had a physical appearance in any other GTA game. I don't know what you're trying to prove, because you completely misunderstood  Niko Vercetti 112's question.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

1) He's a pussy.

2) He's a pussy.

3) He's a pussy.

Did I mention he's a pussy? I couldn't stand the way he let everyone walk over him. I'd legitimately throw up if R* brought him back in any fashion.

Guys, the mod said that CJ sucks so he sucks, period. GTFO now.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

1) He's a pussy.
2) He's a pussy.
3) He's a pussy.

But, that's rude :D 

Opinions differ, but as a community we and many others like me have the right to pick his/her favorite

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:38 PM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 02 December 2013 - 12:39 PM.

Says someone using a III era protag's surname in his username... and a IV protag's first name...

Let it go man.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

1) He's a pussy.
2) He's a pussy.
3) He's a pussy.

But, that's rude :D 

Opinions differ, but as a community we and many others like me have the right to pick his/her favorite

lol

But IMO, its true that if you shove nostalgia out of the way and strictly look at the protagonist only. Then CJ is IMO, a not so good protagonist.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users