Photo

Ruiner vs Pheonix

40 replies to this topic
EnclaveSGT
  • EnclaveSGT

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

Performance only. Keep cosmetics out, andddddddd go.

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

performance. Ruiner hands down.

This Guy Is Here
  • This Guy Is Here

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

Never had much experience driving the Ruiner but the Phoenix is one of the hardest cars in the game to control so I'll say Ruiner by default lol

jackinnes
  • jackinnes

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

for straight line speed and looks the Phoenix, for everything else the ruiner

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:48 AM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 02 December 2013 - 12:35 PM.

Ruiner all the way.

Looks, Phoenix. I love the Ruiner's look to. Its just that the Phoenix is closer to a Pontiac Firebird.

Both are mixes between Firebirds and Camaro's which IRL where also mixups.. however not many ppl know that.

I'm still pissed they made the Ruiner look like the cheap small block versions of the car it should resamble, and a 2 seater instead of a 4 seater.

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:51 AM Edited by DMC14, 02 December 2013 - 12:51 AM.

Ruiner all the way.

Looks, Phoenix.

Both are mixes between Firebirds and Camaro's which IRL where also mixups.. however not many ppl know that.

I'm still pissed they made the Ruiner look like the cheap small block versions of the car it should resamble, and a 2 seater instead of a 4 seater.

i put the cannon exhaust, duck tail wing and oil cooler and pretend its a sr5 RX7.

just need a brap brap sound effect. im talking about the ruiner.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:59 AM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 02 December 2013 - 01:02 AM.

Ruiner all the way.

Looks, Phoenix.

i put the cannon exhaust, duck tail wing and oil cooler and pretend its a sr5 RX7.

Cool, however if you google you'll see the car is like 95% a 1982-1992 Chevy camaro the more targa looking roof/decal placement of a Pontiac. and the name 'Imponte Ruiner' instead of the Pontiac Firebird.

Same front end, same tune up options like the spoiler/hood/roof ect. Same tail lights.

I would even dare to say, its the car thats the most close to resembling its real life counterpart of GTA V.

These cars, IRL where also about 80% or more the same cars, just diffent bodywork and optional body parts/engines.

PowYTCO.jpg1986-chevrolet-camaro-1.jpg1986Camaro-4.JPG
p_00841.jpg
  • Barry Spock likes this

Craigson
  • Craigson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:12 AM Edited by Craigson, 02 December 2013 - 01:14 AM.

I personally have snd like both.

Cpl pics

0_0.jpg

http://www.redbubble...amed-80s-camaro

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

Ruiner all the way.

Looks, Phoenix.

Cool, however if you google you'll see the car is like 95% a 1982-1992 Chevy camaro the more targa looking roof/decal placement of a Pontiac. and the name 'Imponte Ruiner' instead of the Pontiac Firebird.

Same front end, same tune up options like the spoiler/hood/roof ect. Same tail lights.

I would even dare to say, its the car thats the most close to resembling its real life counterpart of GTA V.

These cars, IRL where also about 80% or more the same cars, just diffent bodywork and optional body parts/engines.

p_00841.jpg

i completely agree and was not disputing that fact (i-roc z?) was just saying thats what i pretend i'm doing. 

dedlee
  • dedlee

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

I have both. ruiner drives better. Phoenix is great but I agree, it's one of the hardest cars to drive in the game.

heybud
  • heybud

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

I traded my Phoenix for a ruiner... much more fun to drive and better looking too :)

Drummin
  • Drummin

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:37 AM

Yaaah, you like to spin tires? Go Phoenix. That things tires need super glue or something.

anakinroy
  • anakinroy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:00 AM

ruiner handles better than phoenix or any other muscle cars

and the ease of driving it even when u turbo it

i cant say the same for other turbo muscles

though in the end, i chose phoenix

its an challenge for me to master driving it

and always a pleasure to bring it out after getting bored with my other 9 vehicles

ReJeX
  • ReJeX

Embrace Darkness

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:13 AM

I love my Phoenix and the driving isn't that bad. But don't get me wrong, it is a challenge. I just think the Ruiner in police chases was a let down for me, so Phoenix in my book.

dedlee
  • dedlee

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:18 AM

and always a pleasure to bring it out after getting bored with my other 9 vehicles

I think the newer models of muscle cars (dominator/gauntlet) perform better in all aspects than the ruiner but I'll always sacrifice some performance for looks (see: coquette)

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:26 AM Edited by GTALegion, 02 December 2013 - 04:33 AM.

I was just racing my Ruiner against a Phoenix today and I blew its doors off.

0_0.jpg

• Ninja_Gear likes this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

free booze on my profile

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:28 AM

the only bad thing about the ruiner are its roof panels

• DMC14 likes this

anakinroy
  • anakinroy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:38 AM

I think the newer models of muscle cars (dominator/gauntlet) perform better in all aspects than the ruiner but I'll always sacrifice some performance for looks (see: coquette)

me too

thats why i never had a car thats without visual mods lol

nvr used gaunlet and dom b4 in sp and now mp

anyway

ruiner is not much of a muscle car to me

the way the car handles a turbo is much more smoother

smack a turbo on sabre, phoenix or bucaneer

they wheel spin like crazy

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:57 AM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 02 December 2013 - 10:20 AM.

the only bad thing about the ruiner are its roof panels

Thats a good thing if you ask me. I love them on my IRL Pontiac firebird.

Ruiner all the way.

Looks, Phoenix.

p_00841.jpg

i completely agree and was not disputing that fact (i-roc z?) was just saying thats what i pretend i'm doing. 

Yeah i know, GTA SA did have a car that was very close to the sr5 RX7 i believe. Sweet looking car IRL to.

Another fun fact, I've driven both 2th and 3th gen pontiac tran am Firebirds, and the differance in handling is very noticeable.

The 3th gen really handles a lot better. IRL right now i have a 3th gen with the 5.7 V8.

This is mine:

34ipe2w.jpg

Gonna respray her next summer. Its almost like new, however the because its red and has been standing in the sun for a lot, the collor is pretty much ruined.

PS mine is with the soft wing instead of the most that have a hard one.

The rear side/tail lights of the Pontiac car IMO looks a hell of a lot better then that of its Camaro counterpart:

pontiac-00027-3.jpg

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:10 AM

Pheonix handles almost as bad as the Hotknife, but it looks beyond cool.

• JerridPrime likes this

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

stats wise, phoenix is better. Period.

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:17 PM Edited by AscendantWyvern, 02 December 2013 - 12:18 PM.

In stats, they are identical. In terms of Performance, the Ruiner dominates. In terms of appearance, the Phoenix edges out (At least to most. Personally, I love my 3rd Gen Firebird :D)

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

In stats, they are identical. In terms of Performance, the Ruiner dominates. In terms of appearance, the Phoenix edges out (At least to most. Personally, I love my 3rd Gen Firebird :D)

Got or had one IRL to? I honestly never gonna sell mine. Its my 2th car.. only use it in the summers, only has like 60K Kilometers on it:P Damn rare in the Netherlands.

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

Got or had one IRL to? I honestly never gonna sell mine. Its my 2th car.. only use it in the summers, only has like 60K Kilometers on it:P Damn rare in the Netherlands.

Nah, my dad's friend owned an '89 Firebird and I grew up with it before I moved out. I won't have much luck finding my own in Finland I'll tell you that :p

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:42 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 02 December 2013 - 01:43 PM.

Nah, my dad's friend owned an '89 Firebird and I grew up with it before I moved out. I won't have much luck finding my own in Finland I'll tell you that :p

I was lucky, you see my older brother couldn't pay the gas prices for that 5.7 V8 anymore, had it put in a dry garage for 12 years+ when i bought it. 

Had to replace all rubbers/drag link tie rod sleeve ball joint idler arm because of all those years of just sitting there. And the basic engine changes/oil/gas.sparkplugs/distributor cap/rotor and ignition cables and some other rubes.And the tires.

All the others i can see have the narrow body 'not the wide kit' and a smaller block most of the time. Your dad's friend prolly had the injection engine and a hard top right?

Your best choice IF you ever want one, is to import one from the US yourself, from a part of the US where its dry most of the time. The last thing you want is a Muscle car with a load of rust. Parts are still easy to come by, as pretty much all parts from 82-92 firebirds/camaro's are the same. 

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

The Phoenix takes some getting used to, you can't always just gun the throttle. I think I've mastered it, I don't have issues with handling. The ruined is just ugly. Also that massive back window makes it easy to get killed by autoaimer noobs

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:35 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 02 December 2013 - 02:36 PM.

The Phoenix takes some getting used to, you can't always just gun the throttle. I think I've mastered it, I don't have issues with handling. The ruined is just ugly. Also that massive back window makes it easy to get killed by autoaimer noobs

Look its internet badass, 'The ruined is ugly' Its called a Ruiner, not 'The ruined' and you can't say its ugly, you may think its ugly, however thats not a fact. And auto-aim users are not noobs, they just use what R* gave them as an option. Not using it would be handicaping yourself.

Its guys like you who would shoot themselfs in the foot before a marathon, just for the sake of trying to make yourself feel good, then cry after it when you don't finish or finish last.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

I wish they'd bring back the hood from GTA 4 that the ruiner had which was like the turbo buldge hood from the 1982 to 1984 Trans Am like Knight Rider. The tail lights are definitely based on a Camaro but the front and reminds me of a Firebird because it has the flip up lights

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:55 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 02 December 2013 - 03:07 PM.

I wish they'd bring back the hood from GTA 4 that the ruiner had which was like the turbo buldge hood from the 1982 to 1984 Trans Am like Knight Rider. The tail lights are definitely based on a Camaro but the front and reminds me of a Firebird because it has the flip up lights

I think its funny how it has flip up lights and also open lights like the Camaro lol.

I was just racing my Ruiner against a Phoenix today and I blew its doors off.

0_0.jpg

I kinda hope you are an old Destruction Derby 2 player/fan or whatever. Your car looks exactly like one on the cover of that good old PSX game.

Here seen on some artwork 'the one crashing/flying in the air' i cleaned up/scaled up ect.

21cc849.jpg

PS the cars seen here on that DD2 cover art are Pontiac grand prix stockcars from the late 80's to early 90's.

In fact the in game cars even had the same wheels/rims you are using:

2eg5fma.jpg

So, or you took that car as an example or its just a major coincidence.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:58 PM Edited by blk95ta, 02 December 2013 - 05:02 PM.

btw this is the hood i was referring to from GTA IV. it's clearly the knight rider turbo bulge  hood I almost think there is some dodge daytona thrown in there too if you look at how much higher the back window is on the side than the door windows. that was a trait of the daytona but not the firebird/camaro

ruiner.jpg

Ruiner-GTA4-golden-front.jpg

Knight-Rider-KITT-01.jpg

Personally i'd like to see a car come out based on the 4th gen trans am. Here's my 95 Trans Am.

5867_4359952175426_415642033_n.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users