Quantcast

» «
Photo

VGX Gaming Award Show - new games being revealed!

193 replies to this topic

Poll: What game will win the VGX Game of The Year? (82 member(s) have cast votes)

What game will win the VGX Game of The Year?

1. Bioshock: Infinite (5 votes [6.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.10%

2. Grand Theft Auto V (62 votes [75.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.61%

3. The Last of Us (15 votes [18.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.29%

4. Tomb Raider (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Super Mario 3d World (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

How is studio of the year different from Game of the Year? Shouldn't it just be one award?

I don't get it either, if GTA V won GOTY should the SOTY go to the studio that designed the GOTY?

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Boss

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

One of the worst things I've ever watched, simply awful. It literally gave me a headache. Keighley looked like he wanted to kill Hale.

And to nobody's surprise:

39313.png

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:04 AM

Worst award show ever.

Please don't ever bring that host back again.

No man's sky and TitanFall were the only interesting things.

I bet spike did that whole Fallout 4 hoax just to get people to watch this clusterf*ck.

• Doland J. Trump likes this

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:05 AM

Wow no one can please you people.. Remember when it was all about bullsh*t celebrities coming onto the show, Well now they took it away and you complain 

Hardcore Savage
  • Hardcore Savage

Realest nigga on the forum tho

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:07 AM Edited by Hardcore Savage, 08 December 2013 - 02:08 AM.

Terrible. That sh*t was stupid and the performance was weak (lame ass crowd). Then again I didn't watch most of it (listened to it) so...

Wasted time. I could be high as sh*t right now...

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:10 AM

That was f*cking garbage! what happen to the award show format they did last year and the year before and so on.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

If GTA wins GOTY, the meltdown from the TLOU fanboys is going to be glorious! :lol:

GTA FTW

Same could be said if TLOU wins GOTY the GTA fanboys will go into a meltdown. 

Anyway, could someone tell me how long VGX is on for? Is it for a few hours or does it cover a couple of days? Thanks. 

I hate to say this considering the forums are full of jackoffs, but the GTA fanbase is more mature. It's more mature because it's more general and expansive than TLoU's based on the fact that it's a franchise that is well-established among several different generations, from old to young to poor to rich to hardcore to casual, and everything in between. My brother-in-law, who literally plays games like an hour a month for his kids only likes to play GTA games.

Most of the people who bitch and moan are the same people who hate whatever's popular, which at the moment is GTA, and these people will go with lesser-known "scholarly" (because they want to look smart) contenders such as Bioshock Infinite or TLoU. That's not to say that TLoU/BI fans are idiots, I'm just saying that most idiots will probably support either of those two because of how popular V is. So, in short, the bitchfest from GTA V winning would be much greater than the bitchfest from either of those two winning.

• Lil ski and TaviColen123 like this

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:26 AM Edited by badboy_zay, 08 December 2013 - 06:37 AM.

I RETURNED!#@#!@#

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:57 AM

I went to sleep after I saw the Best Action-Adventure Game and Game of the Year awards...

Quick look at Wikipedia shows that my favorite game (The Last of Us) won 4 awards...

Although I am a bit sad it didn't win GOTY, but such is life.

It deserved the awards (Best Voice Actor (Troy Baker as Joel), Best Voice Actress (Ashley Johnson as Ellie), Studio of the Year (Naughty Dog) and Best PlayStation Game) it won, anyway. Should have deserved more, in my opinion.

And before all the hardcore GTA-fans arise:

I don't mind that GTA V won the GOTY either. I preferred The Last of Us before GTA because of it's story. GTA is awesome for it's open-world feeling and such, though.

In other news: Trevor didn't win Character of the Year? :/

• DeafMetal likes this

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

What's with the fact that Trevor didn't win Character of the Year? I voted for him. He is absolutely great and hilarious!

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:27 AM

Telltale doing Borderlands?

It's a shooter, would be difficult to get it into a proper story (Borderland storylines f*cking sucks).

Atleast the art-style is kind of the same, which could also work against them.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

Holy sh*t, No Man's Sky looks great, plus it looks amazing, indie as well.  :^:

Looks greamazing!

AC IV won best action adventure game? What the f*ck.

IKR... I didn't even look at the screen because I thought GTA would win right off the bat. I heard them say Assassin's Creed and I nearly sh*tted.

Nah, let GTA 5 get the better award

How is studio of the year different from Game of the Year? Shouldn't it just be one award?

I don't get it either, if GTA V won GOTY should the SOTY go to the studio that designed the GOTY?

Nah, its like the NFL for the coach of the year, don't need to win the Super Bowl but what you did for the team counts.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

The fact that Trevor did not win character of the year is a travesty, i liked the Lutece twins no doubt about it but i dont feel like they were given enough time and background to care that much about them, anyway what i want to ask is why the hell did Ellie or Elizabeth were not nominated when they both are better characters than the Lutece, i found that kinda fishy to be honest not to mention that this award was shoed in at the last moment so there was not enough time to vote in the category and the fact that they made the Luteces seem better with that whole video thing seemed like bias to me i dont know why .

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

The fact that Trevor did not win character of the year is a travesty, i liked the Lutece twins no doubt about it but i dont feel like they were given enough time and background to care that much about them, anyway what i want to ask is why the hell did Ellie or Elizabeth were not nominated when they both are better characters than the Lutece, i found that kinda fishy to be honest not to mention that this award was shoed in at the last moment so there was not enough time to vote in the category and the fact that they made the Luteces seem better with that whole video thing seemed like bias to me i dont know why .

Who gives a sh*t? People watch these shows for game reveals not for the awards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users