Quantcast

» «
Photo

VGX Gaming Award Show - new games being revealed!

193 replies to this topic

Poll: What game will win the VGX Game of The Year? (82 member(s) have cast votes)

What game will win the VGX Game of The Year?

1. Bioshock: Infinite (5 votes [6.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.10%

2. Grand Theft Auto V (62 votes [75.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.61%

3. The Last of Us (15 votes [18.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.29%

4. Tomb Raider (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Super Mario 3d World (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:41 PM Edited by TaviColen123, 02 December 2013 - 11:42 PM.

Linc., on 03 Dec 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:Linc., on 03 Dec 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

TaviColen123, on 02 Dec 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:TaviColen123, on 02 Dec 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

I know thats probably not going to happen but Rockstar finally anouncing Agent or hell the second Bully game .

They have announced Agent, that's how we know that Rockstar are making a game called Agent. 

I mean announce when is coming out .

FranklinDeRoosevelt I would not even bother responding to you anymore since you clearly either have mental disabilities or just like to troll, i already told you that i was not a fan of those franchises and i have both a PS3 and Xbox 360 and i am going to buy both next gen consoles when they get cheaper, of course you chose to ignore that since i humiliated your ass so bad i bet its going to sting for a long time .

• trip likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:51 PM

@FDR - I'm almost sorry that I won't be around when you grow up. In the mean time I'm going to save all of your posts in a time sensitive capsule that will open when you mature. You must read all of your posts and look back in retrospect.

Anyway. I thought these spike vga awards or whatever they are called these days were pretty much pointless and the whole production is just a game trailer fest...with cleavage.

I voted Bioshock in the poll here. Sure, it wasn't the best game but people seemed to eat up the art direction and so forth.

Even if the awards don't mean sh*t...I'll take an unveil or two.
  • Remix and TaviColen123 like this

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:53 PM Edited by Erebos, 03 December 2013 - 02:10 AM.

As for goty , well The Last of Us already has a disadvantage since its only on one platform and even though its an acclaimed title its not as popular as GTA .
Look, a mad Xbox fanboy. HAHAHA. Are you jealous that TLOU is a true excellent exclusive rather than those sh*tty Gears of War and Halo? No wonder they haven't been getting GOTY titles. It has nothing to do with platforms.
He's a fanboy because he said GTA is more popular? PS Fanboys are true scholars.
He said that one of the disadvantage is "Platform" which is bullsh*t.
Because of voting you dumbass, considering its only on one platform there's a big chance that more people have played GTA V than TLoU
  • trip and TaviColen123 like this

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:52 AM

rockstar is not going to attend to this. because they are rockstars. #getonmylevel

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:09 AM

Can't there ever be a topic in Gaming chat without kiddie fanboys?

I'll hope to see more of:

Star Wars Battlefront
Fallout 4
Halo 5

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:12 AM

As for goty , well The Last of Us already has a disadvantage since its only on one platform and even though its an acclaimed title its not as popular as GTA .

Look, a mad Xbox fanboy. HAHAHA. Are you jealous that TLOU is a true excellent exclusive rather than those sh*tty Gears of War and Halo? No wonder they haven't been getting GOTY titles. It has nothing to do with platforms.

Uncharted 2 nuff said.

If GTA V gets GOTY year over other games it just shows you that games don't matter for quality rather then popularity. 

Fortunately  GTAV is quality AND popular , lol 

LOL popular yes just like Call of Duty but when it comes to gameplay its bad. Very bad controls, poorly done story, online which doesn't work. Rockstar North is one of the Call of Duty developers in disguise. Now they also cut content and sell them later as DLC. 

@Frank I mention UC2 to prove that you don't need to be on both consoles to win GOTY. 

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:23 AM

You got to be sh*tting me, i havent felt so much ripped off than when that piece of sh*t Kane and Lynch 2 Dog Turds came out and it was nothing but a boring repetitive third person shooter with a four hour campaign and mediocre story. Only the graphics were good .

Oh no, I have an opinion that differs from you on something completely innocuous that effects no-one, let's have a temper-tantrum over the internet.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

One shot, one kill.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:36 AM

My predictions:

GOTY: GTA V

Studio of the Year: Rockstar North

Best Shooter: Bioshock infinite

Best Action-Adventure game: GTA V

Best Sports Game: FIFA 14

Best Independent Game: The Stanley Parable

Best RPG: Pokemon X/Y

Best Fighting Game: Injustice: Gods Among Us

Best Driving Game: Grid 2

Best DLC: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Best Xbox Game: GTA V

Best Playstation Game: The Last of Us

Best Nintendo Game: Super Mario 3D World

Best PC Game: The Stanley Parable 

Best Handheld game: Pokemon X/Y

Best Casual Game: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Best Voice Actor: Steven Ogg - Trevor - GTA V

Best Voice Actress: Ellen Page - Jodie Holmes - Beyond: Two Souls

Best Soundtrack: The Last of Us

Best Song in a Game: Survival - Eminem - GTA V

Most Anticipated Game: Watch Dogs.

I didn't know Eminem was in GTA V.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:42 AM

Uncharted 2 nuff said.

If GTA V gets GOTY year over other games it just shows you that games don't matter for quality rather then popularity. 

LOL popular yes just like Call of Duty but when it comes to gameplay its bad. Very bad controls, poorly done story, online which doesn't work. Rockstar North is one of the Call of Duty developers in disguise. Now they also cut content and sell them later as DLC. 

@Frank I mention UC2 to prove that you don't need to be on both consoles to win GOTY. 

Controls are fine, story is subjective and the Online is a lot better off than what it started as. And cut content? You do realize that the game pushed the current gen consoles to their absolute limit and when that happens content has to be cut, right?

You really never cease to entertain with me your ridiculous posts. You're a blatant Sony fanboy and every time you get called out on it you turn around and call that person an Xbox fanboy. Oh and your green text is an eyesore.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:24 AM

Uncharted 2 nuff said.

Controls are fine, story is subjective and the Online is a lot better off than what it started as. And cut content? You do realize that the game pushed the current gen consoles to their absolute limit and when that happens content has to be cut, right?

You really never cease to entertain with me your ridiculous posts. You're a blatant Sony fanboy and every time you get called out on it you turn around and call that person an Xbox fanboy. Oh and your green text is an eyesore.

Controls are a bit better then older GTA games but still sh*t. 

Story is sh*t

Online got worst. They lowered the amount of money for both missions and races for GTA Cash cards. What it really did was bring more glitchers into the game. 

If that's what you want to believe in. All they did was make the game look better and didn't even try to make a all in one GTA game like they said. So guns have to be cut cause of limitation? You really do crack me up you Rockstar fanboy.  

Did I call someone a Xbox Fanboy in this post? No I didn't now please try again Rockstar fanboy. Their's a easy way to read my sh*t. Select it and change the color. 

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:37 AM

redx165, on 03 Dec 2013 - 05:24 AM, said:

whatsstrength, on 03 Dec 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:

redx165, on 03 Dec 2013 - 04:12 AM, said:

Ibrahimhassounah, on 02 Dec 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

redx165, on 02 Dec 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

FranklinDeRoosevelt, on 02 Dec 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

TaviColen123, on 02 Dec 2013 - 7:50 PM, said:

TaviColen123, on 02 Dec 2013 - 7:46 PM, said:
The-King, on 02 Dec 2013 - 5:41 PM, said:
TaviColen123, on 02 Dec 2013 - 4:25 PM, said:

Uncharted 2 nuff said.

Story is sh*t

Online got worst. They lowered the amount of money for both missions and races for GTA Cash cards. What it really did was bring more glitchers into the game. 

If that's what you want to believe in. All they did was make the game look better and didn't even try to make a all in one GTA game like they said. So guns have to be cut cause of limitation? You really do crack me up you Rockstar fanboy.  

Did I call someone a Xbox Fanboy in this post? No I didn't now please try again Rockstar fanboy. Their's a easy way to read my sh*t. Select it and change the color. 

What are you even doing here on a GTA forum if you dont like the series, i dont like Call of Duty for example , but i dont go on their message boards or forums bashing them all the time like i have no life but thats what you seem to do, every post you make is a negative one which makes you seem like you are doing it for attention otherwise it doesnt make any sense .

• TheFoxRiverFugitive and I<3GTAV like this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:41 AM

Are you seriously comparing R* to Infinty Ward?

Yeah, they may be pushing for the micro bullsh*t. But to compare them to Infinty Ward over trivial sh*t is pathetic. Gta isn't the same sh*t each year, doesn't recycle old content, and certainly isn't released annually.

You seriously need to re-read what you write sometimes. Your sh*t is getting very, very old.

• TheFoxRiverFugitive, I<3GTAV, TaviColen123 and 1 other like this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:13 AM

Uncharted 2 nuff said.

Story is sh*t

Is it possible for you to make a post where you don't call someone a fanboy?

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:55 AM Edited by redx165, 03 December 2013 - 04:59 AM.

Uncharted 2 nuff said.

UC2 is like 3-4 years old? And the TLOU is better than all of the UC series. Why would they want to give it the title now? Oh and that's your opinion about V. I think that game is the best game right now, it is quality and popular.

I guess you didn't get what I said. They WON GOTY titles from many sites. Which is why I said Uncharted 2 nuff said. Not my opinion as the whole internet. Go on GOTY videos and see lots of people talking down GTA. 

@ iiConTr0v3rSYx You see my post as negative cause you don't want to accept them. Just cause I don't suck Rockstar's dick doesn't mean I don't like their games. I just point out what others simple ignore. Just cause I stat what I feel about GTA doesn't mean you have to cry. Same with the Xbox One. If you honestly can't accept what I write then there is a ignore option. 

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:49 AM Edited by WinterEdit, 03 December 2013 - 05:50 AM.

Well, I have to admit I've voted The Last of Us for the Game of the Year winner in VGX and Machinima Inside Gaming Awards. It's because it's a completely new IP, meaning Naughty Dog had no previous experience in doing such an "Adult" game and they basically made it perfect anyway. If it didn't exist, however, I would probably vote for GTA V. I have not played BioShock: Infinite, even though I should.

About games I'd like to see:

• The Last of Us: Left Behind. Even though not a "game" but a DLC, it still sounds great.
  • Another Uncharted trailer. Will Nolan North be in it? Will it be about sir Francis Drake? Gah the questions.
  • Something about Watch Dogs. Since they delayed it, I'd want to know what they are doing exactly.
  • GTA V DLC?

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:25 AM

I hope they show some more stuff from The Amazing spider-man 2 game

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

Uncharted (ps4) and fallout 4 to be expanded upon would be a fantastic thing.

GTA V will win the GOTY award, easy. For me and many others it is the best game of the year but the competition all have distinct disadvantages:

2 are on one platform which will hinder voting

other 2 were early year releases so they will be less fresh in the memory. Actually seeing tomb raider on this list makes me think "was that 2013?"

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

I believe The Last Of Us will win even tho I haven't finished it myself, got around halfway trough the game, somehow I just stopped playing it, but it's really a great game, I think for me it felt like you were doing the same thing all the time, idk, will give it another go sooner or later. 

The reason I think it will be the last of us is because it seems that everyone loves it and everyone praises it. 

I hope it wins or GTA V, they both deserve it. 

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

Praying for them to announce Demon's Souls 2 for PS4 that has been rumored for quite a while now, they are definitely working on it, would also be nice to know when destiny get's out or when the beta starts. 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

Like I said, platform doesn't matter. Only stupid f*cks would retaliate otherwise.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:23 PM

FranklinDeRoosevelt, on 03 Dec 2013 - 4:00 PM, said:

Like I said, platform doesn't matter. Only stupid f*cks would retaliate otherwise.

Yes platform does not matter, even though the xbox market makes up half of the console gaming community . :facedesk:

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:25 PM

You're not very smart, huh?

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:56 PM Edited by Emmi, 03 December 2013 - 05:56 PM.

I believe The Last Of Us will win even tho I haven't finished it myself, got around halfway trough the game, somehow I just stopped playing it, but it's really a great game, I think for me it felt like you were doing the same thing all the time, idk, will give it another go sooner or later. 

The reason I think it will be the last of us is because it seems that everyone loves it and everyone praises it. 

Exactly the same happened to me - picked the game up - played it for a few hours and for some reason I just never played it again since. It also felt very repetitive to me, the gameplay and all that stuff.

I hope that GTAV wins GOTY and that Rockstar North wins Studio of the Year - everything else would just not be right - considering how much time and effort went into developing GTAV. It's the best game of the year without any doubt. It has to win GOTY.

I'm looking forward to an Uncharted PS4 trailer (maybe), Little Big Planet 3 announcement (maybe) and a first glimpse at The Walking Dead Season Two "All That Remains" episode which is due this month. Yeah and that's about it.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

Exactly the same happened to me - picked the game up - played it for a few hours and for some reason I just never played it again since. It also felt very repetitive to me, the gameplay and all that stuff.

I beat the game but I just stopped enjoying it around the part where they crashed into the store window while being chased by the bandits. It was too repetitive and it really is just Uncharted with crafting and stealth elements. The story is decent but underwhelmed me, probably because I've read novels that have done this storytelling format much better. I recommend reading On The Beach.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:55 PM

I'm forever alone with my opinion that The Last of Us should win GotY and Naughty Dog should be the studio of the year. :/

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

I beat the game but I just stopped enjoying it around the part where they crashed into the store window while being chased by the bandits. It was too repetitive and it really is just Uncharted with crafting and stealth elements. The story is decent but underwhelmed me, probably because I've read novels that have done this storytelling format much better. I recommend reading On The Beach.

Well in fact it really isn't like Uncharted. I played all 3 Uncharted games and I thought they were a blast - though I want less shooting sections in the next Uncharted!

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

What are you even doing here on a GTA forum if you dont like the series, i dont like Call of Duty for example , but i dont go on their message boards or forums bashing them all the time like i have no life but thats what you seem to do, every post you make is a negative one which makes you seem like you are doing it for attention otherwise it doesnt make any sense .

Its just RedX being RedX, you'll learn to love him eventually.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:47 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 03 December 2013 - 08:48 PM.

Yes platform does not matter, even though the xbox market makes up half of the console gaming community . :facedesk:

Really? Do you even know what Europe is? Xbox isn't even known there. So no, you are just talking sh*t. Sony makes up 65% of the gaming community while Xbox is 35% and most of them are in America. What has this got to do with games deserving GOTY? Look at Alan Wake, it's the ONLY good exclusive on Xbox and there has been a few nominations at the time.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

That's an opinion, not a fact.

I'm really about to start abusing the report button. Sick of this, V, V Online and Gen chat being filled with BS.

It's time some of you grow the hell up and leave this fanboy sh*t behind.

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

Really? Do you even know what Europe is? Xbox isn't even known there. So no, you are just talking sh*t. Sony makes up 65% of the gaming community while Xbox is 35% and most of them are in America. What has this got to do with games deserving GOTY? Look at Alan Wake, it's the ONLY good exclusive on Xbox and there has been a few nominations at the time.

Alan Wake being the only good exclusive? I've not been here for long, but this post is the most full of sh*t I've read.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users