146 replies to this topic
MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

So I figured out a "course" that I follow and take everytime I use my Police Riot and been studying the NOOSE/Cops habits and where they spawn.  I managed to get 2 hours and 7 minutes inside the Riot today.  The Riot actually exploded on me after 2 hours and 7 minutes, but I found it incredible that I still had FULL health and about 15-25% of my armor left.

I mainly use the Riot at the Airport and I own the Riot as Franklin (whereas in the past I owned it as Trevor behind the Strip Club) and it sits on his helipad (save editor).  I like Franklin the most due to the special ability he has.  If there is "too many" Noose and Cops on me or getting in my way, I can use the Special to quickly turn so I don't run into any cops/NOOSE.  The NOOSE is a real pain in the ass.  The Cop Cruisers have nothing on me, nor does ANY helicopters.  The reason I die is mainly due to the FIB SUV carrying NOOSE on the side and their pathetic 100% accuracy.  The rate of fire is a lot more persistent than the helicopters carrying NOOSE.  All in all, the Riot still owns for police chases and I much rather use this than a sh*tty Transporter.  The Transporter just can't stand a chance.  It blows up WAY too quickly...

I know, that 100% accuracy they have from the sides of those Grangers if horsesh*t. I'll make a low pass in the Lazer and anytime one of those bastard SUV's is under me or near my target I get pelted with 2 or 3 shots of small arms fire. Not a big deal in itself, but it adds up and the Lazer can't really take all that much damage.

This exactly.  You're abolsutely right.  I modded my Lazer (save editor) giving it 100% armor upgrade.  Seems to help a lot.  But I agree.  You gotta find the threshold of sky/land.  There is a perfect height you must be flying for those f*ckheads on the road to NOT hit you, but also low enough to keep the 5 star wanted level and to see vehicles and not JUST Police Mavericks.

I've managed to get 1 hour, 49 minutes inside the Lazer which is incredible because back in October and November I was only getting 30 minutes max, due to flying too low and those f*ckheads on the street always shoot the tail end of the Lazer and it start to smoke and you go down quickly.  What I do now is fly low until I hear the beeping sound that locks onto your target, I fire a rocket and then quickly pull up, which will make me "too high" for those idiots to shoot me.  It STILL happens time to time, but not as much as it used to happen.  The Police Mavericks ALSO try and shoot the tail end of the Lazer.  I usually try and blow them up OR swirve out of the way and go completely opposite of where they are.  You gotta watch the map for the red dots (police and helicopters) while watching where you are flying so you don't run into anything.  At night, sometimes I accidently run into things that are sticking up high in the sky because it's so dark and I literally couldn't see the beam.  But in the day, it's very clear and can see perfectly.

So yeah, when it comes to the Lazer, you must find that perfect balance of being low enough to get police cars to spawn, but high enough so those NOOSE douche bags from the FIB/Sheriff Granger on the street won't hit you, even if you do a 90 degree turn and barrel roll, they still manage to hit you, f*cking cheating assholes!  Lol

Hobs
  • Hobs

"Jolly Old Boy"

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

Still to this day i can't "steal" this van, maybe i'm getting to old for this? let alone getting a fighter jet!

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

Stealing a Police Riot is pretty difficult.  At least the way I stole it. Check back on Page 1 for how I did it, it was pretty crazy.  Only took a couple tries though, lol

Lazer...Well, that is simple.  You just gotta find a Youtube video tutorial on which hanger/place to get the Lazer from.  There is multiple Lazers in the base, but not all of them are safe to get, there is one that I usually always stole for all three characters, kept doing the same thing, and it worked everytime...

TaikaJamppa
  • TaikaJamppa

The Boss

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:42 AM Edited by TaikaJamppa, 16 June 2014 - 07:45 AM.

One kind of off-topic question: WHY CANNOT POLICE VEHICLES HAVE RADIO IN SINGLE PLAYER LIKE THEY DO IN MULTIPLAYER!?

I have no good reason for this... They REALLY should include radios to police vehicles in SP for the every single GTA game... Hopefully there is one coming with this feature, who knows. If and when this comes true, I will NEVER AGAIN drive a civilian car... Just and only the police cars... Just make this happen, R*, and you have made my life worth buying your games... 4 good.

Also, if they ever do anything like L.A Noire, hopefully it would be in present or even in future? Like... Year 2200? Hopefully NOT flying cars, though! And OF COURSE, more of arresting and less killing, more chases as the shooter and this kind of sh*t.

TaikaJamppa
  • TaikaJamppa

The Boss

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:49 AM Edited by TaikaJamppa, 16 June 2014 - 07:52 AM.

One kind of off-topic question: WHY CANNOT POLICE VEHICLES HAVE RADIO IN SINGLE PLAYER LIKE THEY DO IN MULTIPLAYER!?

I have no good reason for this... They REALLY should include radios to police vehicles in SP for the every single GTA game... Hopefully there is one coming with this feature, who knows. If and when this comes true, I will NEVER AGAIN drive a civilian car... Just and only the police cars... Just make this happen, R*, and you have made my life worth buying your games... 4 good.

Also, if they ever do anything like L.A Noire, hopefully it would be in present or even in future? Like... Year 2200? Hopefully NOT flying cars, though! And OF COURSE, more of arresting and less killing, more chases as the shooter and this kind of sh*t.

And for the next generation L.A Noire, I'd say the best would be something that includes a character like corrupted cop, for example the GTA San Andreas villain Frank Tenpenny, just as playable a character... Although, it would be quite interesting finding out what he was doing between the time CJ didn't see him and Pulaski... Was he on duty? Taking drugs? Killing gang bangers? Who knows...

piko
  • piko

Prankster

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:42 AM

Well it shouldnt be that hard if you're Trevor and near his 4-car garage, unless I'm mistaken and you can't store this

MikeyDLuffy
  • MikeyDLuffy

Cucamonga Cracker Killaz

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

I got mine after some trial and error. Took my tank out on the highway and just blasted anything in sight until 4 stars. I sent a few more police vehicles to hell and riot vans began to appear. My strategy was to rapidly blast everything (especially the po po) to kingdom come, riot vans were spawning within two minutes. I found that heading off to the nearest subway tunnel was the quickest and easiest way to lose heat. I have mine sitting outside VU alongside a newly comandeered Police Buffalo which I found randomly outside Mission Row Police station.

InnocentA
  • InnocentA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

I dont think ive ever even seen a riot van, i went on a little rampage with a tank, got a 5 star wanted level but then my tank was blown up by GUNFIRE WTF?

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:57 PM

I dont think ive ever even seen a riot van, i went on a little rampage with a tank, got a 5 star wanted level but then my tank was blown up by GUNFIRE WTF?

I think the back of the tank is its weak point. Yeah it was pretty disappointing when I got blown up in a tank the first time. I was like "really?"

voyager
  • voyager

5 Bonus Goblins!

• Members

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:52 AM Edited by voyager, 17 June 2014 - 12:53 AM.

a long time ago i got one of these with 4 stars, near the dam on that cliffside road. 

a lot of police were flying off into the ravine, and the cliff gives you protection from helicopters on one side, so i guess i was lucky to not have too much pressure. 

my own car was damaged real bad so i got out and shot my way into taking one. 

i ended up driving it into the reservoir and evaded the wanted level by hiding underwater. 

i had no idea back then it was relatively rare, or that it was bulletproof - i'm going to have to try and get one! 

InnocentA
  • InnocentA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:27 AM

Still to this day i can't "steal" this van, maybe i'm getting to old for this? let alone getting a fighter jet!

the jet is easy, just do the no police glitches, trevors hunting one or the construction assasination one. They are no good for the riot van as you need the police for that

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:44 PM Edited by fnxrak, 17 June 2014 - 12:45 PM.

The hardest part of getting the van is actually getting in one as soon you are in it is quite easy as the van itself gives you a new body armor and it can take a lot of damage, I think even more than the tank for some reason, here I made this video with a strategy that works good for me it's at least the third time I got like this, but to get it has to show near Fort Zancudo but if you save and reload the game it will eventually show there.

• MetalMilitia89 and Twilight Sky like this

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

Wow that cop car got f*cked up when it rammed into the back of the van.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

@fnxrak, I never stole a Tank from FZ.  Never tried, but I did the Riot a couple times.  Wasn't too bad.

It's really slow, though and driving it a long distance to escape is hard.  The problem I had is I would get into the Riot, but Trevor the dumb f*ck takes so long to make the vehicle start up.  Meanwhile I am getting gunned down.  He sometimes leaves the door open too, it's so annoying.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

I'm not sure but I think the vehicle start problem can be fixed by a higher driving stats level, the door opened problem I never had, but I only tried once with Trevor so I don't know.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:54 PM

I have full stats for all three characters (not gonna lie, did it on the save editor) and the time to get the engine going for TREVOR ONLY takes SO long.  At least 3-5 seconds which I don't have.  Meanwhile I am getting shot to death.  Half the time he keeps the door open, too.  It's soo annoying.  F and M never have this problem.

patrickm28
  • patrickm28

_

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:22 PM

It has always annoyed me how rare these vehicles are. If they appear in the game, then they have to be stored somewhere, and it is unrealistic that you cannot find some vehicles anywhere on the map.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:24 PM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 13 July 2014 - 09:28 PM.

1. Get stars up so Riots show up

2. Find a roadblock with only one Riot

3. Kill officer friendly standing in front of said Riot

4. Postion car defensively 

5. Kill only the ground officers that persued you to the roadblock

6. Hop in Riot

7. ??????????

8. PROFIT! 

Works about 90% of the time. I traded my Riot for a Glendale.  :orly:

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:55 PM

And why would you trade a BP Riot for a Glendale that is always in the 4 car garage special vehicle list?  LOL  :blink:

ShogunTBone
  • ShogunTBone

Hit the Lights

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

The only gripe I have about the Riot is that you can't store it in the SP garage. I worked damn hard to get one to spawn, much less obtain, and when I finally did, the "this vehicle cannot be stored here" message popped up, completely invalidating everything I had done to get the thing in the first place. 

I will agree on the durability. I drove around for probably have an hour with the barrage of constant gunfire, and it didn't even so much as stutter.  :cool:

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

Well, that is why you obtain it as Trevor and store this behind his Strip Club parking spots.  Or you CAN glitch the Riot into the Garage.  Watch fnxrak's video above.  It shows at the end how he stored it in Franklin's 4 car garage...

• ShogunTBone likes this

Tconzz22
  • Tconzz22

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:22 PM

No one will believe me, but I obtained a police riot van (unscratched) just but lucky timing and a little skill I guess. Just get 4 stars and they'll be out there on roadblocks on highways and such. Get a good lead on the police chasing you, come up on a roadblock, get out and kill the four officers there and take a van. Getting it undamaged is the hard part because Lsc won't touch it

Shade91
  • Shade91

Shadow Operative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:17 AM

Police station

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:56 PM

GTAO ^^^^

This is for Single Player.................  :blink:

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

lost in Los Santos

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:23 AM

anyone tried this? looks simple enough

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:16 PM

Are you guys....dense?

Do you NOT see that this is a SINGLE PLAYER method of obtaining this vehicle?

Do you NOT see the video title with ONLINE plastered all over it?

Do you NOT know that in GTAO, it ALWAYS spawns there, sitting there, waiting to be taken?

Do you NOT know that in SP, the only way to get one is on a 4 star wanted level?

Shade91
  • Shade91

Shadow Operative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

^ thank you lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users