146 replies to this topic
MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

Lol, this morning at the airport again, I lasted an hour and 17 minutes before I dropped one too many grenades out to blow myself up.

Can I make two hours with 5 stars attached to me?  Riot Van for the win...

It's funny how the tank dosen't last as long, you got the engine in the back and they always shoot at it.

That is why I wanted the Riot Van for this exact reason.  It's easily better to cause chaos over the tank and the lazer.

From best to worst:

1. Riot Truck

2. Lazer

3. Rhino Tank

I don't get how my tank always blows up in literally 15-20 minutes, somtimes FIVE minutes!!!  Using the Rhino Tank was a favorite past time for me in past GTA games, dude.  I used to love it, in GTA V I don't even bother with it, I just want to have it just because I can afford it and just because it's a tank!  It is fun, but way less fun than past GTA games.  I used to love turning the tank barrel around for the extra speed boost in GTA III and Vice City and destroy everything that was behind me, in past GTA games using the Rhino I was able to get six stars on me and continue this for over an hour easily...

I also miss how when a car rammed into you, the car would blow up.  I also miss in GTA III how the tank was basically indestructible, same as Vice City basically.  San Andreas is the start of GTA games when they degraded the tank and V is the worst to date dealing with the tank.

• AlexL likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

Lol, 2 hours, 3 minutes.  Got so bored, just turned it off.  Could have kept going longer.

One thing I must add, due to police helicopter accuracy and FIB Granger SUV accuracy, you can in fact get shot here and there, but it's not even really worth mentioning.  I mean, if you have full armor and full health and go at this, you'll lose your armor "possibily" after 2 hours, if not longer.  Because yesterday's killing spree lasted an hour and I had maybe 1/4 of the armor down and still full health.  It all depends really how close you get to the FIB SUV's because the guys hanging off the side of the vehicle shoot the sh*t out of the tiny tiny tiny tiny slits in the window where you can get shot, again it's Rockstar's fake 100% perfect bullsh*t accuracy dealing with the police gun fire at you.  The helicopters can do the same, but it takes literally hours for yourself to die, also, if you in fact do get to all your armor gone and just health is left, your health regenerates half way if it ever gets "too" low. So essentially you'll never die.  I probably won't bother going beyond the 2 hour mark as I did tonight in the future, it just gets too boring, lol, I am sure you can imagine, it's too easy to kill everyone and remain basically invincible the whole time doing it, better than the silly 5 minute invincibility cheat code, at least I don't need a code and can last hours with 5 star wanted level lol

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

Lol, 2 hours, 3 minutes.  Got so bored, just turned it off.  Could have kept going longer.

One thing I must add, due to police helicopter accuracy and FIB Granger SUV accuracy, you can in fact get shot here and there, but it's not even really worth mentioning.  I mean, if you have full armor and full health and go at this, you'll lose your armor "possibily" after 2 hours, if not longer.  Because yesterday's killing spree lasted an hour and I had maybe 1/4 of the armor down and still full health.  It all depends really how close you get to the FIB SUV's because the guys hanging off the side of the vehicle shoot the sh*t out of the tiny tiny tiny tiny slits in the window where you can get shot, again it's Rockstar's fake 100% perfect bullsh*t accuracy dealing with the police gun fire at you.  The helicopters can do the same, but it takes literally hours for yourself to die, also, if you in fact do get to all your armor gone and just health is left, your health regenerates half way if it ever gets "too" low. So essentially you'll never die.  I probably won't bother going beyond the 2 hour mark as I did tonight in the future, it just gets too boring, lol, I am sure you can imagine, it's too easy to kill everyone and remain basically invincible the whole time doing it, better than the silly 5 minute invincibility cheat code, at least I don't need a code and can last hours with 5 star wanted level lol

The police is utterly annoying, specially those helicopters and swat guys. I thought they were gonna be realistic before I got the game, but now I see them as a bunch of infinitely spawning, teleporting, psychic robocops.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:17 AM

The police is utterly annoying, specially those helicopters and swat guys. I thought they were gonna be realistic before I got the game, but now I see them as a bunch of infinitely spawning, teleporting, psychic robocops.

LOL, yeah, it is pretty rediculous, I can see why people get annoyed.  It doesn't really bother me in this situation, but yeah...Just yeah lol

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:48 PM Edited by Militia, 05 December 2013 - 07:49 PM.

Damn does the tank suck so bad...I took it out with Trevor to play around with, died in 4 minutes.  Only had 4 stars on me at this time, as well.

Ran over two cars and they exploded, took a few bullets from helicopters and boom, down I go.  What a crock of sh*t, I absolutely hate the tank in this game.

With Franklin I seem to last much longer, and when I used the tank to get the Riot Truck as Trevor, surprisingly I went for a good 15-20 minutes and I got out of the tank to steal the Riot before my tank even had damage to it.

Isn't the tank supposed to be armored?  Like holy f*ck is it bad, almost as bad as a regular unmodded car from the roads of Los Santos, absolutely one of the worst vehicles in the game, lol

• AlexL likes this

staticguy
  • staticguy

★ Watch out for ur stop!We go deep into the ghetto!

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

Lol, this morning at the airport again, I lasted an hour and 17 minutes before I dropped one too many grenades out to blow myself up.

Same here! :lol: it's incredible how yesterday i cought 2/3 bounties with 5 stars on me! This is actually the best road vehicle in the game, right after the tank :santa:  The secret is....... never stop! :rol:
and it's sweet to kill other players without take any single shot :orly:

PineboxFiller
  • PineboxFiller

Liar

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:23 PM

They're like Agent Smith from the Matrix. I swear I've seen civilians turn into cops before in police chases.

• AlexL and MetalMilitia89 like this

PineboxFiller
  • PineboxFiller

Liar

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

Damn does the tank suck so bad...I took it out with Trevor to play around with, died in 4 minutes.  Only had 4 stars on me at this time, as well.

Ran over two cars and they exploded, took a few bullets from helicopters and boom, down I go.  What a crock of sh*t, I absolutely hate the tank in this game.

With Franklin I seem to last much longer, and when I used the tank to get the Riot Truck as Trevor, surprisingly I went for a good 15-20 minutes and I got out of the tank to steal the Riot before my tank even had damage to it.

Isn't the tank supposed to be armored?  Like holy f*ck is it bad, almost as bad as a regular unmodded car from the roads of Los Santos, absolutely one of the worst vehicles in the game, lol

I know what you mean and it's a bit ridiculous. One thing that helps though is not running over cars and letting them blow up underneath you as it seems to be the biggest cause of damage to the tank. Kinda defeats the purpose I know, but it does make it last longer.

I guess I need to get me a Police Riot. Any idea if it will fit in Michael's garage? Probably not huh? Strip club is the only place I bet.

• voyager likes this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:33 PM Edited by AlexL, 07 December 2013 - 12:36 PM.

They're like Agent Smith from the Matrix. I swear I've seen civilians turn into cops before in police chases.

True! I've JUST seen a car in traffic transform into a police car right in front of me.... You didn't see that in previous GTA's and it's ridiculous.

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

Same here! :lol: it's incredible how yesterday i cought 2/3 bounties with 5 stars on me! This is actually the best road vehicle in the game, right after the tank :santa:  The secret is....... never stop! :rol:
and it's sweet to kill other players without take any single shot :orly:

I'd say the Riot is best, second is LAZER, not tank.  Tank is honestly the worse destruction vehicle in this game blows up anywhere from 4 minutes to 20 minutes, really short time period.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:51 PM Edited by Militia, 07 December 2013 - 12:52 PM.

I know what you mean and it's a bit ridiculous. One thing that helps though is not running over cars and letting them blow up underneath you as it seems to be the biggest cause of damage to the tank. Kinda defeats the purpose I know, but it does make it last longer.

I guess I need to get me a Police Riot. Any idea if it will fit in Michael's garage? Probably not huh? Strip club is the only place I bet.

Yeah, you're right.  Prob if I didn't hit 3-5 cars exploding underneath me, it'd last a lot longer.  I'll try that method out a bit later.  Last night, I got 20 minutes with the tank at the airport.  A BIG issue on lasting long besides barreling over vehicles and getting them to explode is the helicopters constantly firing at the tank.  Once you hear, or see the helicopter, I advise to take them all down right away before even worrying about the vehicles on the ground.  Problem I seem to have with this, though, is when I do blow a helicopter up, another spawns in seconds out of nowhere (we all know this already, Rockstar is lame when creating the spawning of police - simply annoying) also not to mention while you're aiming and looking into the sky, a car will spawn in front of you and you will ACCIDENTLY run it over, there goes your tank.  God do I hate this vehicle.  It bothers me a lot, as I used to love using the tank in the past games, minus GTA IV.

I think it WILL fit in Michael's garage, if you're talking the GARAGE and not the SAFEHOUSE garage.  Also, if it doesn't fit, give it to Trevor and park it there at his strip club, I know it saves there and it looks so funny parked next to my Ocelot F620 lol

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

True! I've JUST seen a car in traffic transform into a police car right in front of me.... You didn't see that in previous GTA's and it's ridiculous.

I agree, this DOES happen time to time, this game gets funnier and funnier as I read comments about the police.  They surely are a plague and very annoying, imo.

• AlexL likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

I learned a way to make the Lazer last LONG, if I wanted to, as long as the Riot Van....

If you get up to five stars, continue it until you get bored and BEFORE the plane has any black smoke coming from the back of it.  Escape the 5 star wanted level and land it back down at the airport in your hanger, walk away for a few moments and it will be back to perfect health and can get inside it again and repeat the process as many times as you want.  I know...It sucks you can't stay in the air forever with the 5 star wanted level, but it's still better doing this than crashing it, dying, losing 5000 dollars, and have to drive all the way back to the airport to get into the Lazer.  It saves time.  And is just as fun imo as staying airborn until the plane craps out and you die.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:36 PM Edited by AlexL, 07 December 2013 - 04:17 PM.

Yeah, you're right.  Prob if I didn't hit 3-5 cars exploding underneath me, it'd last a lot longer.  I'll try that method out a bit later.  Last night, I got 20 minutes with the tank at the airport.  A BIG issue on lasting long besides barreling over vehicles and getting them to explode is the helicopters constantly firing at the tank.  Once you hear, or see the helicopter, I advise to take them all down right away before even worrying about the vehicles on the ground.  Problem I seem to have with this, though, is when I do blow a helicopter up, another spawns in seconds out of nowhere (we all know this already, Rockstar is lame when creating the spawning of police - simply annoying) also not to mention while you're aiming and looking into the sky, a car will spawn in front of you and you will ACCIDENTLY run it over, there goes your tank.  God do I hate this vehicle.  It bothers me a lot, as I used to love using the tank in the past games, minus GTA IV.

I think it WILL fit in Michael's garage, if you're talking the GARAGE and not the SAFEHOUSE garage.  Also, if it doesn't fit, give it to Trevor and park it there at his strip club, I know it saves there and it looks so funny parked next to my Ocelot F620 lol

Here's mine:

0_0.jpg

Btw, have you tried to compare it with the money truck?

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:20 PM Edited by Militia, 07 December 2013 - 04:21 PM.

Here's mine:

0_0.jpg

Btw, have you tried to compare it to the money truck?

You know what?  I was gonna steal a money truck two days ago when I saw one, but for some reason I died in the process, blew myself up with a sticky bomb, along with the money truck.

So no, I have not compared it to this yet.  I did compare it to the Police Transporter van that comes out at 3 stars or at night under the overpass in the little loop where the Unmarked Cruiser and Police Bike spawn, but it SUCKS compared to the Police Riot.

Assuming you used that game save editor to make the truck black and with bullet proof tires and 100% armor, right?  Even without doing this as mine is "stock" I still last hours.  The day I got over 2 hours, I even just turned the game off, I simply got bored, wasn't even close to dying lol.

In that picture of the truck, I see two other cars....Are those SAVED in those spaces?  Or did you simply drive a car to the strip club and took a picture and just so happens it was also in the photo?  My game only allows 2 vehicles to save there, and two in his Sandy Shores garage at his trailer park safehouse.

Btw, lol, my Riot is parked in that exact same location you have yours, haha

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

You know what?  I was gonna steal a money truck two days ago when I saw one, but for some reason I died in the process, blew myself up with a sticky bomb, along with the money truck.

So no, I have not compared it to this yet.  I did compare it to the Police Transporter van that comes out at 3 stars or at night under the overpass in the little loop where the Unmarked Cruiser and Police Bike spawn, but it SUCKS compared to the Police Riot.

Assuming you used that game save editor to make the truck black and with bullet proof tires and 100% armor, right?  Even without doing this as mine is "stock" I still last hours.  The day I got over 2 hours, I even just turned the game off, I simply got bored, wasn't even close to dying lol.

In that picture of the truck, I see two other cars....Are those SAVED in those spaces?  Or did you simply drive a car to the strip club and took a picture and just so happens it was also in the photo?  My game only allows 2 vehicles to save there, and two in his Sandy Shores garage at his trailer park safehouse.

Btw, lol, my Riot is parked in that exact same location you have yours, haha

Well I consider it fair to hack some bullet proof tires & armor on the truck since we can't bring it to LS Customs, although it is possible to mod it. Also the 3rd car you see in the parking space is the one that I drove to the strip club with, so it ain't really saved.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:40 PM Edited by Militia, 07 December 2013 - 06:43 PM.

Ok, was just gonna say!  Wtf, mine won't save three!  Lol

What do you mean "although it is possible to mod it."

I thought only with a game save editor you can?

Maybe one day Rockstar won't be lame and we can take the emergency/police vehicles to LSC like any other car in the game.  Also modding the tank would be awesome, maybe not "all mods" like cars have, but at least bullet proof tires, 100% armor upgrade, and color black, LSPD tint, like the guns in Ammunation, or Army tint.  I'd only want my police vehicles and/or military vehicles military colors, or black, or police blue.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

I mean.... It can be modded but the game just dosen't let you bring it to LS Customs, it has the basic options available like paint, armor, engine upgrates, brakes, wheels, window tint and suspension.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

I mean.... It can be modded but the game just dosen't let you bring it to LS Customs, it has the basic options available like paint, armor, engine upgrates, brakes, wheels, window tint and suspension.

I can do this AT LSC?  Or ONLY through a save editor?

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

Only with a save editor, because it dosen't let you bring the truck inside LSC.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:15 PM

Only with a save editor, because it dosen't let you bring the truck inside LSC.

Oh, ok, that is what I thought.  I misunderstood the above comment, my bad.

If I did use the save editor I wouldn't want anything besides changing the color, armor 100%, and making bullet proof tires.  If you say you can change brakes and suspension, I guess I would do that too, but that is all I would want for this vehicle.  Eh, I am happy though the way it is.  I like how the tires get shot out and makes me slide all over.  I usually only take this vehicle in the airport, so I have a wide range to make turns.  I know, I know, with the tires shot out it takes a lot longer to turn, but it just makes it more fun for me!  Man, I love the Riot Van hahah

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

If I did use the save editor I wouldn't want anything besides changing the color, armor 100%, and making bullet proof tires.  If you say you can change brakes and suspension, I guess I would do that too, but that is all I would want for this vehicle.  Eh, I am happy though the way it is.  I like how the tires get shot out and makes me slide all over.  I usually only take this vehicle in the airport, so I have a wide range to make turns.  I know, I know, with the tires shot out it takes a lot longer to turn, but it just makes it more fun for me!  Man, I love the Riot Van hahah

Here's the link for when you decide: http://www.mediafire...save editor.zip

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

Here's the link for when you decide: http://www.mediafire...save editor.zip

MediaFire, eh?  Thanks man!  I'll check it out when I get bored of the "stock" Riot Van.  I post to a Metal Music Blog and we use ZippyShare.  MediaFire is good, though.  It is so old, one of the best around.  I have been big into uploading full albums to blogs since 2009 and see though, that MediaFire deletes whole accounts and bans users from it if they get too many take down notifications.  Although when it comes to things such as what you provided, it usually never will expire or be taken down.  Thanks again.

• AlexL likes this

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

I thought you guys were talking about this the whole time

0_0.jpg

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

also double post but I will try this vs the money truck tonight

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:33 PM

Cool, I wonder which one lasts longer.

Vulgar_Monkey
  • Vulgar_Monkey

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:07 PM Edited by Vulgar_Monkey, 07 December 2013 - 11:16 PM.

0_0.jpg

...the heck is that?

edit:

nm, it's the van that deploys stinger traps. Didnt recognise it repainted, although I'm not sure they're that common, so that's my other excuse. :p

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:33 AM

0_0.jpg

This is the bullet proof Police Transporter.  Very awful compared to the Police Riot Van.  Again, this looks like a vehicle from a save editor, though.  Not the original Police Transporter Van that comes out on roads as roadblocks when you hit three wanted stars.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:35 AM

Transporter VS Gruppe Money Truck?

I still feel the Police Riot owns all.  I last over two hours with Police Riot, only 28-35 minutes with the Police Transporter.  Never tried the Gruppe, but I reckon it's similar to the Police Transporter.  I can't imagine it being as good as the Police Riot that comes out randomly at 4 and 5 star wanted level.  Getting the Police Riot online is easy, though, it's parked in a specific location in the city, so easy to get this unlike in Single Player where I obtained mine, and I use no cheats, big pet peve for me, f*ck that lol

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:37 AM Edited by Militia, 08 December 2013 - 01:38 AM.

0_0.jpg

...the heck is that?

edit:

nm, it's the van that deploys stinger traps. Didnt recognise it repainted, although I'm not sure they're that common, so that's my other excuse. :p

Yeah, this is just the Police Transporter Van.  It's usually white colored and comes after you when you reach 3 stars in single player.  It also spawns at a specific location during the night, along with the Unmarked Police Cruiser, Police Bike, and LSPD Buffalo.

Police Transporter is VERY common, but only when you hit 3+ stars.  And the reason his is black is cuz he used a save editor to make it like this, it doesn't come like this normally.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users