Obtaining a Police Riot Van?

146 replies to this topic
Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

Please, if anyone has obtained this can you tell me how you did it?  I saw a Youtube video and the guy in the Youtube video said it only spawned for him with a 4 star wanted level and when he was using the Rhino Tank.

Tonight, after several attempts trying to find this and dying at least 3-4 times, I got into my tank to continue my search in peace, well kinda.  I ran into the Riot Truck, in fact, three or four of them.  I even managed to get into ONE of them and drive it for a minute or two.  Honestly, getting this Van and storing it is probably harder than anything else I did in the entire game and I 100% completed it.  That is cake compared to this, imo.

Anyone out there on this forum who managed to get this and how did they do it?!  This is pissing me off, I will get rid of my unmarked cruiser and replace it with the Riot Van, it may take weeks though.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:25 PM

Oh, good luck, I've seen it once or twice in a roadblock, but I got gunned down before I could get out of my truck to steal it. 

• Militia likes this

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:28 PM

Use cheats.

• K20 likes this

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

It just goes to show how much of a nightmare the wanted system is. I have obtained the Enforcer various times. Once you get one, just drive it off road and find the nearest railway to drive on until you can go through a tunnel and lose heat.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

Use cheats.

No.

Do you guys know where the little loop is near the impound where the unmarked police cruiser, police bike, police transporter van, LSPD Buffalo, etc is?  Well I know what you're talking about.  If you in fact go into the subway tunnel the cops will NEVER follow you in there and you can escape 1 through 5 stars without any problems what so ever.  I know this trick.  It's just finding the damn van on the road in a road block is the hard part.  When I did manage to get this, I blew up every cop car in sight with my Rhino Tank and quickly hopped in the Riot Van.  Another issue here is Trevor absolutely sucks at hot wiring cars, is that what you call it?  While my health is going down down down down down, Trevor is sitting there trying to turn on the damn van, meanwhile I am being shot full of holes.  I swear this game is annoying when it comes to Trevor getting into cars and taking 10 seconds to start them up, when Michael and Franklin take all of 2-3 seconds MAX.

Why am I using Trevor?  Because he's the only guy I am willing to get rid of a vehicle for, in place getting the Riot Van.  This is doable, I know it is, it's just super tedious and mad annoying.  It's easy to evade the cops like I said, it's just hard to get into the Riot Van and drive away.  I just yet again turned on my game, and got into my tank immediately, and even then, NO f*ckING RIOT VAN!!!!!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?

What do I need to do?  Die 7 times before one spawns?  Certain day?  Certain time?  Certain vehicle?  Idk but it's pissing me off.

So nobody has obtained this?  Damn, I thought the unmarked police cruiser and police transporter van were hard enough to obtain, this is a monster!

• voyager likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:43 PM Edited by Militia, 01 December 2013 - 10:47 PM.

It just goes to show how much of a nightmare the wanted system is. I have obtained the Enforcer various times. Once you get one, just drive it off road and find the nearest railway to drive on until you can go through a tunnel and lose heat.

Enforcer?

And what also pisses me off, I go to Youtube and see Online, Online, Online, Online, well, I don't give a rat's ass about Online and how to find it and get it, I want it in single player, damnit!  And Online can't store these vehicles anyways after Patch 1.06.  Single Player CAN store these, it's just hard as f*ck to obtain a lot of them.

Online there is a fixed spawn location, how easy is that.  It's like obtaining the FIB Granger and FIB Buffalo, it's so easy and no challenge to it whatsoever.  Try getting 4-5 stars, stealing a Riot Truck, and evading the cops and living all through it with no cheats, now that is an actual challenge.  I am sick of hearing about Online and how it's so easy to find, buy anything you want, there is nothing easy about Single Player imo when it comes to these vehicles.

• Cutter De Blanc and Cake* Games like this

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

Enforcer?

And what also pisses me off, I go to Youtube and see Online, Online, Online, Online, well, I don't give a rat's ass about Online and how to find it and get it, I want it in single player, damnit!  And Online can't store these vehicles anyways after Patch 1.06.  Single Player CAN store these, it's just hard as f*ck to obtain a lot of them.

Online there is a fixed spawn location, how easy is that.  It's like obtaining the FIB Granger and FIB Buffalo, it's so easy and no challenge to it whatsoever.  Try getting 4-5 stars, stealing a Riot Truck, and evading the cops and living all through it with no cheats, now that is an actual challenge.  I am sick of hearing about Online and how it's so easy to find, buy anything you want, there is nothing easy about Single Player imo when it comes to these vehicles.

The Enforcer is what the Riot Van was called in earlier games. I agree with you though. I'm going to try it myself to be honest.

• Militia likes this

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:00 PM

Sorry to double post, but one hint is to save the game via your phone once the Riot Van is smoking. Load your game again and all the van should be in an undamaged state.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

Enforcer?

The Enforcer is what the Riot Van was called in earlier games. I agree with you though. I'm going to try it myself to be honest.

Yeah, man, my mistake.  I figured out what the Enforcer was after saying "Enforcer?" lol

Please report back your finding and "how to" if you got one.  Honestly this may be the hardest thing in GTA V to date, imo.  I never ran into this many road blocks, literally.  All the road blocks are normal police cars or police transporter vans, super super super rare for my game to spawn the police riot.  Btw, it's kinda "easy" to get inside the van and drive off IF YOU drive right into the guy standing in front of the truck to kill him.  You do NOT want to get out of your vehicle with one or two choppers overhead, you do NOT want to get out of your vehicle when FIB Granger and Sheriff SUV's are around, you do NOT want to get out if there is cops with high powered weapons standing around shooting.  You'll die in seconds and want to snap your GTA V disc in many many pieces.  This is the most trouble I had ever in this game!

I know the Riot Van and Police Transporter are essentially the same, both are bullet proof, BOTH get their tires shot out, they are NOT bullet proof.  It's just the Riot Van is more rare, it comes after you with 4-5 stars, so it's much harder to obtain.  When it comes to rare and/or hard to obtain vehicles, I am all in!  When I got my unmarked police cruiser I was proud, I'll have a party if I obtain the Riot Van, it looks so sick and it drives over cars like the tank does and explodes them!  The Riot Van is basically a tank without rockets.  Once I obtain this vehicle and save it, I'll go on cop killing sprees not in my Lazer, not in my tank, but in the Riot Van, it's so fun.  I've done this with the Police Transporter Van, and lasted longer than I do in the tank!  Lol

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

Sorry to double post, but one hint is to save the game via your phone once the Riot Van is smoking. Load your game again and all the van should be in an undamaged state.

Hahaha, I was just gonna say here in the topic "f*ck!  I should have quick saved it and reloaded it to have the Riot Van 100% in tact", f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck!!!!

Also what sucks is that if I actually need the tank to spawn the riot van, it's gonna be a pain in the ass getting the Lazer yet again, or I could try the trick with getting into the lazer, pulling out a bit, keep camera on Lazer so it doesnt disappear, get into tank, put Lazer back in hanger, and then take the tank to see if I can find this!  If I need to steal another Lazer, no biggie.  That is kinda easy, just annoying at times cuz of tanks inside Zancudo.  I just want the f*cking Riot Van, f*ck!

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:19 PM

I managed to find a roadblock with a riot van with Franklin just before. Don't know what's up, I guess you'll have to keep looking.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:10 AM Edited by Militia, 02 December 2013 - 01:12 AM.

GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DID have to use my tank using Trevor.  Resulting in P-996 Lazer disappearing!  I got into a Riot Van, with FIVE stars and lost the stars in the subway tunnel.  I did use quick save so thanks so much for reminding me to do that!  I saved it just in case the thing decided to go to sh*t and stop working on me.  I only died one time, so only 5000 dollars lost.  I didn't fire any bullets, only tank rockets which are unlimited, and after all is said and done, I now have the Police Riot Van parked next to my Ocelot F620 at Trevor's strip club parking spaces, which I also managed to get this morning on the road, not from the Epsilon missions, and I also re-stole the Lazer for Trevor's hanger, so now all is back to normal.  ALSO I made 28,600 dollars from owned properties, got the text message after I did all this, so the 5000 dollars lost from dying was replaced with 28,600 dollars gained.

What a great day, got my Ocelot F620 and got my Police Riot Van which I didn't think even existed in single player until I learned about it earlier today!

So happy right now, haha!

• voyager and G.S.T like this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:36 AM Edited by Militia, 03 December 2013 - 12:38 AM.

Best vehicle in the game - Police Riot Van.

I lasted with Trevor in the airport, immediately obtaining three stars and getting it to 5, 58 minutes!  I timed this killing spree.  The only reason I died was because the police shot three of four of my tires out and I was spinning in circles releasing grenades and blew myself up basically.  I would of kept going, there was not even a dent on my vehicle lol...58 minutes...

The tank best time for me is like 16-17 minutes

The lazer best time for me is like 25-30 minutes.

Easily the Police Riot is the best destruction vehicle in the game by far...

I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone who likes "military type hardy vehicles" and or rare/special police vehicles that are hard to obtain.  Also if you like to take your frustation out on the cops, it's very fun to use!

ExitiumMachina
  • ExitiumMachina

What?

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:48 AM

Huh, the impound lot had one next door at the PD lot...I just jumped onto a car and over the wall, got in, and drove off with no hassle as Trevor.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:07 AM Edited by Militia, 03 December 2013 - 01:10 AM.

Huh, the impound lot had one next door at the PD lot...I just jumped onto a car and over the wall, got in, and drove off with no hassle as Trevor.

?  I seen this on a Youtube video one time, too.  It was just parked there at the Impound Lot by the rest of the police vehicles, and you could just hop in and take it.  That's probably super rare, though.  I never saw that yet.  The comments on the Youtube video all said the same thing, as well.  Nobody has seen that, only very few times.  It mostly only spawns during a 4 and 5 star police chase.

Still, it's the best destruction vehicle in the game, by far...

EDIT: Wait a second, are you talking about GTAO?  I am talking single player, buddy.  There is none that are "parked" in single player, that is only Online - THE EASY WAY.

Also GTAO after Patch 1.06 doesn't allow the emergency vehicles for saving, I thought.  I have mine saved at Trev's strip club - All single player.

ExitiumMachina
  • ExitiumMachina

What?

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:11 AM

?  I seen this on a Youtube video one time, too.  It was just parked there at the Impound Lot by the rest of the police vehicles, and you could just hop in and take it.  That's probably super rare, though.  I never saw that yet.  The comments on the Youtube video all said the same thing, as well.  Nobody has seen that, only very few times.  It mostly only spawns during a 4 and 5 star police chase.

EDIT: Wait a second, are you talking about GTAO?  I am talking single player, buddy.  There is none that are "parked" in single player, that is only Online - THE EASY WAY.

Also GTAO after Patch 1.06 doesn't allow the emergency vehicles for saving, I thought.  I have mine saved at Trev's strip club - All single player.

Single player, just finished the game last night...I don't bother with online.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:22 AM

Single player, just finished the game last night...I don't bother with online.

Same here, I am 100% as well.  I hate Online, too.  I go to the Impound Lot daily when I turn on my game to take a car for a spin, I check even with all three characters, to make sure nothing is disappearing, etc.  I do this a lot now that it's 100%, out of all this time doing this daily, I never seen the Police Riot just parked there.  That's probably one of the rarest instances inside this game, only a handful of people have seen this happen.  It's even hard to see them when you have 4-5 stars.  I finally got my hands on one, though, so I am happy.  Much better than my unmarked police car that I got rid of.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:25 AM

Wait, you're not talking about the impound lot parking spaces with cop cars all lined up there?  Right against the side of a bridge?

ExitiumMachina
  • ExitiumMachina

What?

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

Wait, you're not talking about the impound lot parking spaces with cop cars all lined up there?  Right against the side of a bridge?

It is probably within context of the mission, easier to find when you have to or along those lines.  The impound lot, right over the wall, there was one cop standing off and the van was parked near the dip into the garage...Went there to check for the mission, and sure enough there it was, snuck in while the cop's back was turned and jumped in, drove off, absolutely no hassle.

ExitiumMachina
  • ExitiumMachina

What?

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:44 AM

It is the lockup near Franklin's house, the one he does the towing missions for that one crackhead for...Right over that wall into the secure part of the lot was where I found it.

However, I have never seen it before and haven't seen it since so it might just be a mission specific spawn.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:52 AM

It is probably within context of the mission, easier to find when you have to or along those lines.  The impound lot, right over the wall, there was one cop standing off and the van was parked near the dip into the garage...Went there to check for the mission, and sure enough there it was, snuck in while the cop's back was turned and jumped in, drove off, absolutely no hassle.

Ok, well, when you go there now, is one there?  If it's not there often, it's no use.  It WILL be out on roadblocks after 4 and 5 stars, though and definitely if you're inside a tank.  Youtube videos all say this too, for single player Riot Van obtaining.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:54 AM Edited by Militia, 03 December 2013 - 02:01 AM.

It is the lockup near Franklin's house, the one he does the towing missions for that one crackhead for...Right over that wall into the secure part of the lot was where I found it.

However, I have never seen it before and haven't seen it since so it might just be a mission specific spawn.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.  I thought you meant you were just roaming the city and discovered the Riot Van sitting at the Impound Lot.  That MAY happen, but like I said it's very rare, and like you said, probably mission-specific.  The only way to obtain this the "normal way" is getting 4-5 stars, finding one, getting into it, evading 4-5 stars, and saving it at the strip club as Trevor.  Some say also, that you NEED to be in a tank.  I was in a tank when I saw the one I stole.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

Ok, thanks for clarifying.  I thought you meant you were just roaming the city and discovered the Riot Van sitting at the Impound Lot.  That MAY happen, but like I said it's very rare, and like you said, probably mission-specific.  The only way to obtain this the "normal way" is getting 4-5 stars, finding one, getting into it, evading 4-5 stars, and saving it at the strip club as Trevor.  Some say also, that you NEED to be in a tank.  I was in a tank when I saw the one I stole.

You don't really need a tank for it to spawn, just 5 stars and make sure you don't get killed.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

You don't really need a tank for it to spawn, just 5 stars and make sure you don't get killed.

I am not 100% sure about being in a tank or not helps the spawn, but it did for my game.  I tried a total of 7 times in total for this Riot Truck, 5 out of 7 times I was just in a car, one of those times the unmarked police cruiser, too.  Never saw the Riot Truck, only saw Police Transporter Vans as road blocks.  One time I was in the tank, and also did not see it spawn, but the other two times in my tank, I DID see them.

I've seen the Riot Trucks also at FOUR stars, that is when it spawns, 5 they continue to spawn, but 4 is when it triggers the spawning of the Riot Truck.  If you're in your tank, it's a LOT easier to do this, imo.  I already obtained it though, so I am happy, glad it's over haha

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

I am not 100% sure about being in a tank or not helps the spawn, but it did for my game.  I tried a total of 7 times in total for this Riot Truck, 5 out of 7 times I was just in a car, one of those times the unmarked police cruiser, too.  Never saw the Riot Truck, only saw Police Transporter Vans as road blocks.  One time I was in the tank, and also did not see it spawn, but the other two times in my tank, I DID see them.

I've seen the Riot Trucks also at FOUR stars, that is when it spawns, 5 they continue to spawn, but 4 is when it triggers the spawning of the Riot Truck.  If you're in your tank, it's a LOT easier to do this, imo.  I already obtained it though, so I am happy, glad it's over haha

Maybe they spawn those riot trucks when you drive heavier vehicles, I haven't tested it much tho.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:14 PM Edited by Militia, 03 December 2013 - 08:26 PM.

Maybe they spawn those riot trucks when you drive heavier vehicles, I haven't tested it much tho.

Could be possible, I am not sure!  All I know is this vehicle is the best in the game, hands down.  If you want to cause chaos, say f*ck off to the tank and the lazer, just use the riot truck.  My longest 5 star killing spree in the tank is only about 15-20 minutes.  My longest in the lazer is only about 25-30 minutes, and the riot truck my first time and killing MYSELF, lasted 60 minutes...If I didn't drop out a grenade by accident and blow myself up, I could have kept going.  There wasn't even a scratch or a dent on the riot truck after an hour, it's literally bullet proof.  I've used the Police Transporter Van which is also supposedly "bullet proof" and I can easily say it sucks badly compared to the riot truck.  I actually was shot at a lot in the Transporter and it blew up on me, whereas the riot truck was not smoking, no dents or scratches on it, only thing is the tires did get shot out.  3 of the 4 tires were gone, but that even makes it more fun imo, especially at the airport, I was drifting so nice and destroying all the cops behind me trying to ram me.  Not to mention the Riot Truck can drive over top police cars and blow them up like the tank does.  Easily the best vehicle for destruction in the game, no doubt.

• AlexL likes this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

Could be possible, I am not sure!  All I know is this vehicle is the best in the game, hands down.  If you want to cause chaos, say f*ck off to the tank and the lazer, just use the riot truck.  My longest 5 star killing spree in the tank is only about 15-20 minutes.  My longest in the lazer is only about 25-30 minutes, and the riot truck my first time and killing MYSELF, lasted 60 minutes...If I didn't drop out a grenade by accident and blow myself up, I could have kept going.  There wasn't even a scratch or a dent on the riot truck after an hour, it's literally bullet proof.  I've used the Police Transporter Van which is also supposedly "bullet proof" and I can easily say it sucks badly compared to the riot truck.  I actually was shot at a lot in the Transporter and it blew up on me, whereas the riot truck was no smoking, no dents or scratches on it, only this is the tires did get shot out.  3 of the 4 tires were gone, but that even makes it more fun imo, especially at the airport, I was drifting so nice and destroying all the cops behind me trying to ram me.  Not to mention the Riot Truck can drive over top police cars and blow them up like the tank does.  Easily the best vehicle for destruction in the game, no doubt.

You can make the truck's tires bulletproof and add some extra 100% armor with a save game editor. PM me if you want the link.

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:34 PM

Could be possible, I am not sure!  All I know is this vehicle is the best in the game, hands down.  If you want to cause chaos, say f*ck off to the tank and the lazer, just use the riot truck.  My longest 5 star killing spree in the tank is only about 15-20 minutes.  My longest in the lazer is only about 25-30 minutes, and the riot truck my first time and killing MYSELF, lasted 60 minutes...If I didn't drop out a grenade by accident and blow myself up, I could have kept going.  There wasn't even a scratch or a dent on the riot truck after an hour, it's literally bullet proof.  I've used the Police Transporter Van which is also supposedly "bullet proof" and I can easily say it sucks badly compared to the riot truck.  I actually was shot at a lot in the Transporter and it blew up on me, whereas the riot truck was no smoking, no dents or scratches on it, only this is the tires did get shot out.  3 of the 4 tires were gone, but that even makes it more fun imo, especially at the airport, I was drifting so nice and destroying all the cops behind me trying to ram me.  Not to mention the Riot Truck can drive over top police cars and blow them up like the tank does.  Easily the best vehicle for destruction in the game, no doubt.

You can make the truck's tires bulletproof and add some extra 100% armor with a save game editor. PM me if you want the link.

Whhhatttt?!?!?!?  Wow, I could prob drive around with 5 stars for hours if I did that, haha.  I'll PM you if it interests me in the future, for now I am happy with what I got.  I usually am not into glitching, modding, or cheating.  I've seen those editors in GTA IV and people making it so that there is all Lambo's and Ferrari's and sh*t on the road.  Idk, that just takes the fun out of it imo, though.  I like having "rare" and "hard to obtain" vehicles - If they were everywhere, it'd bore me haha

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

Lol, this morning at the airport again, I lasted an hour and 17 minutes before I dropped one too many grenades out to blow myself up.

Can I make two hours with 5 stars attached to me?  Riot Van for the win...

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

Lol, this morning at the airport again, I lasted an hour and 17 minutes before I dropped one too many grenades out to blow myself up.

Can I make two hours with 5 stars attached to me?  Riot Van for the win...

It's funny how the tank dosen't last as long, you got the engine in the back and they always shoot at it.

• Militia likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users