• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

Think I'll stick with my PS2 version.

The4orTy67
  • The4orTy67

Spieler Hasser

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

Can't wait for the usual "does it work on my *insertfragmentedandroidhandsethere*?" And of course the "where do i download sd files?" line.

Wug
  • Wug

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:53 PM Edited by Wesinator, 01 December 2013 - 10:53 PM.

''I appreciate your input, but please, FOCK OFF!'' - Carl ''CJ'' Johnson

Look in the San Andreas thread.

The4orTy67
  • The4orTy67

Spieler Hasser

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

And I really hope this game looks better than VC did on my S3. That blocky textures bug.

yonatan755
  • yonatan755

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

And I really hope this game looks better than VC did on my S3. That blocky textures bug.

Really?
I think it looked pretty nice.
Did you changed the graphic settings to the maximum?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

Will the SA fanboys shut up after this?

Nah, people will probably complain about San Andreas being small after they see it with increased draw distance.

Doubt it

Yeah. Play the IV:SA mod. It has the increased draw distance. Seeing Mt. Chiliad and SF from Verona Beach gives me more a sense of distance.

I feel the same way playing Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

It's like saying Earth is small because we can see multiple cities from one point.

Exactly. I like seeing things from afar like on the PC version (with mods), rather than it being clouded and foggy like the PS2 version.

It makes the map feel bigger seeing the other cities in the distance. 

The4orTy67
  • The4orTy67

Spieler Hasser

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

Really?
I think it looked pretty nice.
Did you changed the graphic settings to the maximum?
It was only a problem on the S3's with the Samsung Exynos chip. Setting were maxed out.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:35 PM

People will port the models to PC in no time.

I just hope they don't end up looking weird, like the Xbox version of Claude in GTA III.

Did anyone port the changes of the iOS versions of III and Vice City to PC?

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:45 PM

It was only a problem on the S3's with the Samsung Exynos chip. Setting were maxed out.

S3 have problems with mobile GTA's? I will have bad time tryin to install San Andreas on my S3 mini :( rockstar need to fix it :panic:

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:38 AM

Wouldn't an increased draw distance result in more pop-in? 

It doesn't matter. Any version of SA deserves to played. 

And while we're on the topic, does anyone own the "AO" version of GTA: SA? I do, and apparently it's worth a little bit of money...

Njale
  • Njale

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:48 AM

People need to understand that it's just going to be a port of the GTA SA PC version which was enhanced compared to the PS2 version. Can't wait for all the comments "This sh*t looks the same!".

"Newly remastered graphics including dynamic and detailed shadows, greater draw distance, an enriched color palette, plus enhanced character and car models make this the best-looking version of San Andreas yet"

Lawyered

That's exactly what the PC version has over the PS2 version, i'm willing to place a bet it's only going to be a PC port.

hammertime99
  • hammertime99

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:55 AM

lol you guys have problems, havent you?

I still wait for the GTA 5 full version. Tired of playing the beta .

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:58 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 02 December 2013 - 01:33 AM.

lol you guys have problems, havent you?

I still wait for the GTA 5 full version. Tired of playing the beta .

I'm sure the beta version of GTA V had a lot more content than the released version.

Here for your viewing pleasure: http://gta.wikia.com/Beta_Releases look at how much stuff was cut from San Andreas. Some of it because of the PS2's sh*tty hardware, others to make the game fit on 1 DVD. They were originally going to put the game on 2 DVDs but cut a lot of content to make it fit on one disk. 

It's funny how a lot of people in other threads said that the removal of a lot of vegetation and trees seen in the beta of GTA V (trailers 1 & 2) were done for "artistic" purposes. They get angry at people saying it was because of the console's limitations. GTA V is already on 2 disks on the 360. It also lags like hell on both systems with practically no anti-aliasing and at 720p. 

Imagine how great the GTA games since III could have been if it weren't for console limitations. Hell, imagine how all multiplatform games could look like if they weren't developed for outdated pieces of scrap first.

Rant aside, the V section on the site I linked hasn't been added yet, but as time goes on, and we get a PC version, we will see a lot of left over stuff from development that didn't make into the final release.

I remember about 2 years ago there was a GTA III mod to turn it into the beta version. 

Edit: I ranted a little bit for no particular reason. But that's life. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users