» «
Photo

Rank the GTAs from best story to worst.

32 replies to this topic
RMolloy24
  • RMolloy24

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:55 PM Edited by RMolloy24, 01 December 2013 - 05:59 PM.

I've only finished V, and TBOGT. Got to the last few missions in TLAD but for some reason didn't bother finishing it :/ Also have IV but didn't play the story, regret it now.

1. V
2. TBOGT

:p

Sadly, I saw the videos where Roman and Niko's girlfriend dies in IV, and Dimitri turns on Niko, but would the story still be good or is it all already spoiled? Should I bother play it?

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

From what I've played.

1. The Lost and Damned

2. GTA III

3. Vice City

4. GTA IV

5. Chinatown Wars

6. San Andreas

7. GTA V

8. The Ballad of Gay Tony

Sadly, I saw the videos where Roman and Niko's girlfriend dies in IV, and Dimitri turns on Niko, but would the story still be good or is it all already spoiled? Should I bother play it?

I never got that "I know the ending now it's spoiled!" attitude. A game, book, movie, or any piece of media should be about the journey, and not the destination, and usually most are. Knowing the ending won't make the game any less fun to play.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

ExitiumMachina
  • ExitiumMachina

What?

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

1. GTA III

2. San Andreas

3. Vice City

4. V

5. IV

6. TLAD

7. TBOGT

8. Grand Theft Auto

9. GTA London 1969

10. Grand Theft Auto 2

Haven't played any of the portable games.

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

you will never be one of us

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:42 PM Edited by Linc., 02 January 2014 - 01:04 AM.

1. GTA Vice City
2. The Lost and Damned
3. GTA IV
4. GTA V
5. GTA III
6. GTA Chinatown Wars
7. GTA San Andreas
8. GTA Vice City Stories
9. GTA Liberty City Stories
10. GTA 2
11. GTA
12. The Ballad of Gay Tony

Note that GTA 3 is my favourite GTA.
  • _StackS_ likes this

//XP//
  • //XP//

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:10 PM Edited by HazzardX, 01 December 2013 - 11:28 PM.

1.GTA III (best story,the only bad thing was he removal of darkel and curtly)
2.GTA LCS (i really like the mafia themed story from this game)
3.GTA SA ( The early 90s gangsta themed story made me fall in love of this game)
4.GTA VC (80s,scarface and miami vice...what not to love about the story?)
5.GTA 5 (Very interesting story about a gangster,a mobster and a crazy guy)
6.GTA TLAD (Very epic story,the darkness of this game made me get in love with the story)
7.GTA IV (Pretty sad story...except that,its an interesting story)
8.GTA VCS (early 80s,not as good as GTA VC story but its decent)
9.GTA Advance (The gameplay was mediocre but the missions made me stay)
10.GTA TBOGT (The story was pretty lame compared to the other IV titles)
11.GTA L69/61 (reminds me of the james bond, the worst part is that the missions are annoying and,like GTA1,if you fail one of them for once,you cant complete 100% of the game or continue to the next city)
12.GTA 1 (had interesting missions but ,if you fail one of them for once,you cant complete 100% of the game or continue to the next city)
13. GTA2 ( This game has an awesome gameplay but it also has a lame story,the only good thing they made was to solvs the GTA1/GTAL mission fail problem)

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Champion Guinea Pig [GTAFMC]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]
    Biggest Asskisser 2014
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]
    Biggest Asskisser 2013

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:31 PM Edited by ManDog, 01 December 2013 - 11:31 PM.

From what I've played.

1. The Lost and Damned

2. GTA III

3. Vice City

4. GTA IV

5. Chinatown Wars

6. San Andreas

7. GTA V

8. The Ballad of Gay Tony

I never got that "I know the ending now it's spoiled!" attitude. A game, book, movie, or any piece of media should be about the journey, and not the destination, and usually most are. Knowing the ending won't make the game any less fun to play.

You just said how I am, what I say is "I don't care if I know the ending, I just want to see how it leads up to that moment"

Anyways, I'm going to rank the ones I've played:
1. GTA: Vice City
2. GTA: V
3. GTA: The Ballad of Gay Tony
4. GTA: IV
5. GTA: Vice City Stories
6. GTA: Liberty City Stories
7. GTA: The Lost and Damned
8. GTA: 3
9. GTA: San Andreas
10. GTA: Chinatown Wars
11. GTA: 1
12. GTA: 2

• _StackS_ likes this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:03 AM

1. IV
2. The Lost and Damned
3. Vice City
4. III
5. Liberty City Stories
6. Vice City Stories
7. V
8. Chinatown Wars
9. Ballad of Gay Tony
10. San Andreas

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:14 AM Edited by I<3GTAV, 02 December 2013 - 02:15 AM.

1. IV

2. V

3. San Andreas

4. Vice City

5. TBoGT

6. III

Mike Haddrick
  • Mike Haddrick

Not your favorite poster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:18 AM

1. V

2 and the rest: everything else

last: Vice City. Wasn't digging the story much.

L0st-D4md
  • L0st-D4md

Lost, Damned, Insane

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:10 AM

My order from best to worst in terms of story and its depth

1. IV
  2. The Lost And Damned
  3. Vice City
  4. San Andreas
  5. V
  6. The Ballad Of Gay Tony
  7. III

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:29 AM

1. GTA IV + EFLC - Story really dragged me in, and I include EFLC because it all adds into the arch. It all seems to centralize around the diamonds at some point, so I count it as one.

2. GTA San Andreas - I was only 12 when I first played this game so obviously I couldn't focus on story, but it's the first game that made me realise games can have proper stories. A lot of people seem to be affected that the story revolves around black people and ghetto culture, but it spreads from that and I thought the story of betrayal, revenge and greed really was good for the time. 2nd place for being my first real story.

3. GTA V - Good story and first to include 3 protagonists interlinking so extensively. Played off quite well, but could have been done better to steal a #2 spot.

4. GTA Vice City. Would be a lot higher but this was at the point were protagonists didn't have too much of a personality and just followed their story. Still enjoyed it profusely.

5. GTA III - Hardly much story, really. Get betrayed, do a load of missions that don't really aid your quest for revenge, then get revenge. Game is still very fun, of course.

I haven't played GTA 1, 2, London or Chinatown Wars. I've played VCS and LCS but not in a long time and I don't feel like I could make a safe recount to add them into the list.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:57 AM

I'll try...

1. GTA IV
2. TLAD
3. San Andreas
4. Vice City
5. VCS
6. LCS
7. TBOGT
8. GTA III
9. Chinatown Wars
10. GTA1, 2 and London (mainly because I can't remember their stories haha)

Waiting for GTA V........................

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

Best: GTA IV.
Worst: SA.
  • lol232 likes this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:49 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 08 December 2013 - 03:33 PM.

1. V

2 and the rest: everything else

last: Vice City. Wasn't digging the story much.

Are you the only one person that puts V's story above VC's? At least, it's just an opinion.

1. IV

2. VC

3. TLAD

4. SA

5. III

6. VCS

7. V

8. LCS

9. CTW

10. TBOGT

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:53 PM Edited by Andreas., 08 December 2013 - 03:00 PM.

From all GTA games I've played thus far...

1) GTA IV
2) GTA The Lost and Damned
3) GTA Vice City
4) GTA III
5) GTA San Andreas
6) GTA The Ballad of Gay Tony

GTA IV wins without a doubt; its story has a great depth and it did make things better than all previous games of the series, in my opinion. I'm not completely certain about number 3 and 4 though, because it is kind of hard for me to decide which game the better story has. I just finished III once again recently, and I still love the story even after all these years. I'll replay Vice City soon though, so maybe it will be easier to make the decision then. I still have not played GTAV, which will hopefully change in the next few months.

XandStorm
  • XandStorm

Carcer City's very own

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:49 AM

From the ones i've played,
1. IV
- undoubtedly the best in every manner
2. Vice City
- with a very, very close second
3. San Andreas
- awesome in Los Santos, but 'okay' in other areas. However, LS was enough for me
4. TLAD
- the mere concept of the story made it great
5. V
- good enough, but way mixed up
6. III
- didn't make much sense

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

Drake stole my notebook :(

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

1. VC: It was better for Tommy to be kidding, but he wasn't a kiddie!

2. SA: Something like 170 or more missions, and some of them are done for mom's killers. It makes the ending really enjoyable.

3. V: Seeing a city from 3 aspects, and having 3 opinions while you (player) are only ONE person! Kinda confusing, but awesome.

4. IV: I hated Niko, that's why I putted this in fourth place. Otherwise it had a good story.

5. Advance: Being fouled in worst way, and gettin revenge in best way!

6. III: You had to do 71 missions, while it only needed the start and ending. Claude COULD kill Catalina in second mission.

7. 1 and London and 2: No story at all!

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:15 AM Edited by Drunken Cowboy, 17 December 2013 - 04:09 AM.

1) The Lost and Damned (Gritty, well-worked into IV, fantastic characters and voice acting, terrific plot, realistic, and it all ended with a semi-believable and not-so-happy ending.)

2) GTA IV (Also emphasis on realism. Every psychopath Niko met was a brilliant stand-alone character. Pacing was pretty good, despite much criticism on that.)

3) Vice City (Beautiful atmosphere and a well-paced tour through Vice City with all the campy 80's television action you could ever want.)

4) GTA III (I suppose it gets its rank by seniority. Getting that first taste of what the GTA franchise was and it parodied a lot of great gangster movies.)

5) The Ballad of Gay Tony (Not very fleshed out and some annoying characters, including Luis. However, seeing the missions weave into IV and TLaD was quite impressive.)

6) Vice City Stories (Great way to give what was originally a stagnant backround character life after death. There was not much identifiable rising and falling action, and the gang wars and property were fun, but threw the story all out of pace.)

7) Liberty City Stories (Again, I'm a sucker for the mafia vibe. However, none of the missions were really believable to that "mafia made-man" setting. A lot seemed a little too campy...)

8) San Andreas (It wasn't a story-driven game in the slightest; but unlike V, it didn't present itself as such. Hardly any motives were explained and laws of physics and realism were defied time and time again just for some cheesy action sequence. CJ is a weak character with little background or depth. I had a lot of fun with San Andreas, but since we're only talking story...)

9) GTA V (Such potential and such hype. It ended up being the ballad of Trevor's butthurt, Michael's self-loathing, and Franklin's "we need a black guy CJ homage or we're not gonna make any f*cking money"-ness.)

• ObsydianRaven likes this

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:49 AM

My list...

(1) VC.
(2) SA.
(3) VCS.
(4) V(5).
(5) IV(4).
(6) Advance.
(7) London 69.
(8) LCS.
(9) III(3).
  • _StackS_ likes this

_StackS_
  • _StackS_

Mr.CountItUp

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

Here's a top ten

1 vice city: loved the rise of Tommy vercetti from known hitman of forrelli family in liberty city to boss of his own criminal empire and syndicate

2 V: I liked the feeling of me being only 1 player but controlling 3 characters at the same time. It was nice to kind of choose who your favorite was instead being forced into one and liked the whole heist theme of the story

3 The lost and damned: felt gritty and biker life with his crackhead girl made you care for it

4. Vice city stories : people can say what they want but loved the whole empire story again and having Vic fight his own morla to help his family and getting lost into who he was

5. San Andreas: the adventure while all l over the place felt great it will be a journey that I don't think some will ever forget.

6 liberty city stories: that mob vibe felt great being a made.man but could of been a lot better. Still good

IV : to dddme the story wasn't get interesting. Niko just whined too much. The story was all about getting this revenge but when you do kill Darko they try to make you feel like that's the wrong choice like wtf? Amd Dimitri was somebody's bitch and all the sudden now he's an unstoppable criminal of an empire... It was ok but wasn't my thing. Could get into and played all the wayn through

8. III: again simple revenge that took way too long but liked the ending when he kills the chick for talking too much

9. Ballad of gay tony:.story was just bad flat out. No real feeling or anything tied to the story just Louis bitching

10 Chinatown wars. I loved free roaming and selling drugs but was never interested in the story

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:14 PM Edited by BabeRuth, 17 December 2013 - 11:15 PM.

IV : to dddme the story wasn't get interesting. Niko just whined too much. The story was all about getting this revenge but when you do kill Darko they try to make you feel like that's the wrong choice like wtf? Amd Dimitri was somebody's bitch and all the sudden now he's an unstoppable criminal of an empire... It was ok but wasn't my thing. Could get into and played all the wayn through

8. III: again simple revenge that took way too long but liked the ending when he kills the chick for talking too much.

(1) I agree with you 100%. Revenge doesn't really solve anything, it just creates more problems. That's why I always choose "DEAL".

(2) It was never confirmed by RStar if the mute killed Maria or not. But I totally agree with you.

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

From best to worst...

#1 - IV

#2 - Vice City

#3 - V

#4 - The Ballad Of Gay Tony

#5 - The Lost And Damned

#6 - San Andreas

#7 - III

#8 - Liberty City Stories

#9 - Vice City Stories

Don't know the story/never played...

- Original

- London 61 & 69

- Advance

- China Town Wars

declan4567
  • declan4567

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

All getting old, probably gta sa for gameplay but vice city for music

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

Did you not read the title?

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:18 PM

1) Vice City
  • _StackS_ likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

I am Really new to the series,started with the HD Era Games(GTA 4,TLAD,TBOGT and GTA 5)they are all great and intense.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:15 PM

So my best are:
1.GTA 5
2.GTA 4
3.The Lost and Damned
4.The Ballad of Gay Tony

i havent played
GTA 1
GTA London 1969 and 1961
GTA 2
GTA 3(got the mobile edition but my tablet wasnt able to handle it)
GTA Vice City
GTA Advance
GTA San Andreas(got it from xblm and played it abit,was too addictive for a while)
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Vice City Stories
GTA Chinatown Wars(didnt play it but i hope there is a sequel to it because of the Asian Vibe it brough to the series)

huevos_benedicto_180
  • huevos_benedicto_180

Spring 2013

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

1 - GTA IV (including DLC) - 

2 - San Andreas

3 - V 

4 - Liberty City Stories

5 - Vice City

6 - GTA III

I have not played 1, 2, VCS or the portable games

Casey_Cadaver
  • Casey_Cadaver

HHMC VP

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:17 PM Edited by Casey_Cadaver, 28 December 2013 - 12:21 PM.

VC - Loved the betrayal at the end... I played this from start to finish over the span of two days. 

IV - When this dropped I sh*t. Great story. Very dark. I expected V to be this dark. I was a little let down.

V -  This was hard to place so high... but it was well written. At times I hated every character. But then I also thought they were great.

III - I was in 8th grade... I barely remember most of it. I was so let down the Italians didn't want me in their crew. I remember that much. Italians always hate the Irish blood haha.

TLATD - I'm going to have to buy this again. I never finished it. Loved what I played.

LCS - Took me back to 8th grade.

VCS - Took me back to 10th.

San Andreas - Couldn't get into this one...

Not even going to bother with the stories from I and II... They were terrible. But 6th wouldn't have been the same without them.

I didn't play the rest.

Edit because I forgot V haha... stuck in nostalgia.

EminemGirl69
  • EminemGirl69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:48 AM

Gta v beats every game!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users