Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

lol

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

Personal abuse and now the repeating game. Well done you. If you want to have a discussion about a valid point, let's do so, if not, why are you wasting your time on here? Genuine question.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

Falsely accusing me of personal abuse and the repeating game. Well done you. If you want to have a discussion about a valid point, let's do so. If you want to just keep trying to censor me for sounding like you, why are you wasting your time on here? Genuine question.

If you can't give a single reason why the pistol should not be removed from the game, then I think you just admitted to losing the argument ;)

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:23 PM

Seriously, go and look up the word 'censorship'. 

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:30 PM Edited by AzraelX, 02 December 2013 - 12:31 PM.

Yes, please do, and then maybe we can have a discussion about a valid point without you trying to censor me in the process. Otherwise, why are you wasting your time on here? Genuine question.

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

Touché

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

Well done you. I think you just admitted to losing the argument ;)

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

Touché

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:42 PM

case closed somebody lock this thread and move it along

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:36 PM Edited by GraniteDevil, 02 December 2013 - 01:37 PM.

Don't worry about tank fags.  They're doing it because they are compensating for a severe weakness (or small penis) in real life.  Being indestructible (so they think) is the only control they have over their pathetic lives.

Let them have their fun for a while.

Then send a mugger after them and snipe them while they're down to reinforce the fact that they are feckless.

• Milesinho likes this

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

Cheater Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

Me and my friends usually go near peoples with tanks and honk at them so they freak out and flee pretty much for no reasons since we are not hostile...well usually.

When I stay up too late I become immature so I might maybe had annihilated a guy just because he kept clown honking near me with his chrome adder and it was kinda completely annoying me so I might just had put a bounty on him and rolled over him...but just maybe.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

Mugger only works against tank users that you could probably destroy with a pistol.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Virgo

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

It goes both ways. You can't go on a tank peacefully with out some asshole going after you.
  • NukedPratorian likes this

TickleBot
  • TickleBot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

I have recently been successful in sniping people out of tanks. There is a post on this forum which explains it. I usually climb a tower or get on a tall building.

Practice it in a closed session with friends.
Stationary, moving, different distances etc.

My friend is level 30 & sniped me out with the regular sniper rifle.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:44 PM Edited by iFight, 02 December 2013 - 05:45 PM.

Today I encountered 2 tanks in 1 session. He was close killing me, I run away with full speed lol. I tried sniper method and to be honest it works but slowly i got killed 1 time but then i re tried and he was smart, he reverse his tank but I gave up and left.

You need a very good place, rarely you can find it in los santos.

I starting to like a little, I actually never said remove tanks forever in free-roam. It's just annoying when you get spawn killed and you're defenseless.

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:06 PM Edited by NukedPratorian, 02 December 2013 - 06:08 PM.

Tanks fit this game perfectly since its designed to bring out the inner asshole in everyone.  In races everyone rams you and cheats in free roam they incented players to be douches and hide in cars killing players and making those who destroy the car bad sport.  Free roam is nothing but a big playground full of ways for people to be complete douchebags.  Tanks aren't the issue.  The way the game was made is and well it sounds like some of you should move on as you aren't enjoying it anymore.  They allow you to play alone or with friends don't like the chaos of freemode then that's where you should play.   Telling others how to play or wanting to take away tanks which they bought is not exactly free mode now is it.       

hugh750
  • hugh750

JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

they ruined the game.. Don't tell me about heavy sniper it won't help. One person today killed about 50 times in a session with 14 players, everyone tried to kill him. I didn't intentionally go to him because i didn't actually know that he had a tank. Once he exploded my vehicle he started to spawn kill me and whoever comes near to him gets killed. It's like hackers using god mode.

I actually can afford one but i don't want it.

This gta online supposed to be a realistic game but no, it's like call of duty.

if you think that was bad last night i got into a session that had a player going through los santos in a land mover running over cars (mine included, it was no accident he went out of his way to run it over).

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

The ones using tanks are doing it because they get their ass handed to them otherwise. Compensation and all

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

thread tl:dr....but I have a sh*t ton of fun in free roam with a tank....:D

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

Tanks are definitely an integral feature of GTA games, but having this be a Multiplayer game makes it much more problematic to implement in a balanced way. I think they've done a terrible job making tanks balanced, they should cost much more to replace than they do and they're also in desparate need of a nerf (25-50% reduction in both driving speed and fire rate, not to mention that the cannon shouldn't instantly hit it's target in defiance of physics, force people to lead their targets).

Honestly I do think this game would be better without Tanks at all, which is a shame because tanks were a big reason why I loved GTA II as much as I did. Single player is fine as is, I'm just talking about the Multiplayer here, tanks are doing more harm than good right now.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

Mugger only works against tank users that you could probably destroy with a pistol.

I've started sending them blank PSN messages straight after calling a mugger on them. Curiousity gets the best of them most of the time and while they open the message a mugger jacks their tank.

It has worked for me on many occasions.

• Milesinho and LeSuede like this

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

I've started sending them blank PSN messages straight after calling a mugger on them. Curiousity gets the best of them most of the time and while they open the message a mugger jacks their tank.

lol nice trick. Dirty, but efficient. Will remember that.

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

It would be one thing if all levels had the ability to take out a tank. Still think anyone who uises a tank in free roam is at a loss for skill. 

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

lol nice trick. Dirty, but efficient. Will remember that.

haha, no rules in GTAO

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

Well, ask AzraelX. He claims pedestrians have the upper hand on tanks with his secret method. So you´ll destroy a tank without getting killed multiple times before. If he reveals it, he will free the game from tanks apparently.

So let´s just hope he wasn´t just talking rubbish.

Now, on a more serious note, it´s a shame the reduction of bad sport punishment for blowing PVs. I was blowing cars when a player had deserved it before the update and still NEVER had problems or ended in bad sport at all.

So this nerf of the penalty just allowed tanks into good sport lobbies. I think it was a mistake. Sure, some innocents might have been punished unfairly before, but generally before patch you still had plenty of room to destroy PVs unless you were a total douche on it 24/7. 

Ghoffman9
  • Ghoffman9

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

The problem with the tank is that its basically invincible.

Only high ranking players who have access to Grenade Launchers, RPGs, and miniguns even have a remote chance of killing a tank.

Lower ranking players get pushed around and there is nothing they can do, it can be pretty frustrating. They don't have the hardware that is capable of doing serious damage to an enemy tank.

Additionally good cover does not matter if the tank driver just bum rushes your position and drives around it, and helicopters are obviously not gonna always be available to you.

Nothing is more frustrating then when you cannot defeat an opponent, not because you're not skilled enough but because you lack the hardware needed in order to do so.

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

Well, ask AzraelX. He claims pedestrians have the upper hand on tanks with his secret method. So you´ll destroy a tank without getting killed multiple times before. If he reveals it, he will free the game from tanks apparently.

So let´s just hope he wasn´t just talking rubbish.

Now, on a more serious note, it´s a shame the reduction of bad sport punishment for blowing PVs. I was blowing cars when a player had deserved it before the update and still NEVER had problems or ended in bad sport at all.

So this nerf of the penalty just allowed tanks into good sport lobbies. I think it was a mistake. Sure, some innocents might have been punished unfairly before, but generally before patch you still had plenty of room to destroy PVs unless you were a total douche on it 24/7. 

If you check AzraelX's responses earlier in this thread, you'll find he talks an awful lot of rubbish so I wouldn't get your hopes up lolz

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:25 PM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 04 December 2013 - 03:25 PM.

New solution..get a Jet from the Fort and get good at shooting other players with the cannon, if you hit in 5-15 seconds the Tank'll explode. 

Cuz dem explosive rounds.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

I love to kill people on tanks with the Heavy Sniper...it´s funny when a lot of guys are trying to get in and i snipe all of them...

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:37 PM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 04 December 2013 - 03:37 PM.

First tank I saw I blew it up and was charged 5K to pay for it.....I was like wtf you can insure those?

This was ages ago and since then I haven't had to pay a dime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users