Photo

Free-roam sucks with tanks

119 replies to this topic
iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

they ruined the game.. Don't tell me about heavy sniper it won't help. One person today killed about 50 times in a session with 14 players, everyone tried to kill him. I didn't intentionally go to him because i didn't actually know that he had a tank. Once he exploded my vehicle he started to spawn kill me and whoever comes near to him gets killed. It's like hackers using god mode.

I actually can afford one but i don't want it.

This gta online supposed to be a realistic game but no, it's like call of duty.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:00 PM

give a bitch power and the world goes boom

Shaenno
  • Shaenno

Lady Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

Pause > Online > Find New Session

Problem solved.

• iFight, NDE108, Zevares and 2 others like this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

Problem solved.

every second session will have a tank in it, not like switching will help

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

Was the kill count exactly 48 and was it out near sandy shores airfield and is your name florentine2648 or something?

• GRINCH ASS BITCH and Growlmon like this

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:10 PM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 01 December 2013 - 03:12 PM.

Easy way to fix it, have Rockstar make it so that each time you wanna take a tank out you have to pay 1mil.

Main reason people spam use them now is because A. It makes people mad. B. After dishing out the money for the very first time..its WAAAAAY too cheap to get a replacement for a million dollar vehicle.

Or have Rockstar make it so you can only take tanks out for missions and they despawn when you go to free roam.

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:12 PM

Was the kill count exactly 48 and was it out near sandy shores airfield and is your name florentine2648 or something?

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE

• EyeMacHunt and Growlmon like this

zakace
  • zakace

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

I hardly ever see tanks in free roam...plus they're easy to destroy anyway and no they shouldn't cost $1 million each time you want one!

Shaenno
  • Shaenno

Lady Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

Problem solved.

You're unlucky then, I'm pretty sure there are more sessions with no tank than with one. If your problem persist, just RPG or sticky bomb it lol. 

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:14 PM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 01 December 2013 - 03:14 PM.

I hardly ever see tanks in free roam...plus they're easy to destroy anyway and no they shouldn't cost $1 million each time you want one!

Think of just how idiotic that sounds though.. Oh yeah..I'm gonna call a replacement for a million dollar Tank...let me just give you a grand. =P

• Shaenno likes this

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

It can be fun depending on your mood...if it gets irritating just jump session. I just crashed and exploded my personal vehicle into some goon on a rampage in a tank so he would get a bad sport, after the third personal vehicle I was chasing him LOL

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

Tanks are annoying but easily avoided. 

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

Actually, if you know that someone is using a tank, heavy sniper helps.

Yesterday I went on a "sniper cleaning rampage" after noticing a strange amount of kills.
They were all around the cinema studios, a couple of tank there spawnkilling people, so I took a chopper and landed on Weazel Plaza tower.

You know the next part. I'm not a bad sniper, once I got a guy in a tank, no one else would get in, or they would and I would kill them too.

I didn't care on what side were people, no one get in a tank while I'm around watching ;)

I sniped them until the "victims" had the time to run away, and that everyone sprayed around.

Later on, in the same lobby, another guy was using a tank again, doing the same thing (spawnkill, because being original is overrated), one of the previous tank user that I killed multiple times even sent me a message requesting my help to kill the guy.

So yeah, heavy sniper helps, as long as you can get ready, and know where to aim.

Cyklisk
  • Cyklisk

Crew Leader of "Copenhagen".

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

Wow this game only seems to have two kinds of players - the crybaby and the badass.
  • AzraelX, Shaenno and NukedPratorian like this

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

Think how bad it's going to get in about 4-6 months time when more than half the lobbies will be roaming around in tank.

Most people by then will be a high enough level for the tank and will certainly have enough money for it. Just the other day I was in one where 5 people had tanks all spread across the city.

Also, I love how R* made everything like ammo and car mods 3x expensive in online yet the tank is half the price. I don't really mind 1 or 2 but it will get to the point of free roam being unplayable from time to time unless you like to hang out in the mountains or right at the top of the map.

YoungMivy
  • YoungMivy

Secret Stripper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

Let the bitching commence ;)
  • Shaenno likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:03 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 01 December 2013 - 04:03 PM.

I don't really like tanks either

they're cheap and lame

but they're here to stay so you'd better get used to it

I usually just avoid them which isn't that hard to do

do think they should nerf some of the health on the tank because that's just ridiculous

I wouldn't mind them half as much if it was actually possible to destroy them without having to buy a tank

ow and the tank unlocking at lvl 70 and the rpg unlocking at lvl 100 is another big mistake

makes no sense, other way around would have been way better

Mart1001
  • Mart1001

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

Problem solved.

...far from it.

Synophrys
  • Synophrys

Hothead

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

If you see a tank, either go get a buzzard, or sticky bombs, if they are occupied they are so easy to take out...

zakace
  • zakace

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

Think of just how idiotic that sounds though.. Oh yeah..I'm gonna call a replacement for a million dollar Tank...let me just give you a grand. =P

Only costs $200 actually lol 

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

Only costs $200 actually lol 

Even worse. Oh God

YoungMivy
  • YoungMivy

Secret Stripper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

Try having a tank sitting where other tank spawn and another one killing people that's annoying :)

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

ITT :

s6RSEK7.png

• iFight, Zevares and I.haigh like this

YoungMivy
  • YoungMivy

Secret Stripper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

ITT :

s6RSEK7.png

Pretty funny haha.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

Guys, again this isn't a drama thread, I'm not crying. It's just my opinion that i hate tanks in free-roam. Trust me i can afford 5 tanks, I just don't like it in free roam, especially in los santos.
It's ok to use it maybe in sandy shore for example, in desert or whatever.

Problem solved.

You're unlucky then, I'm pretty sure there are more sessions with no tank than with one. If your problem persist, just RPG or sticky bomb it lol. 

Some players don't have rpg, you need level 100 and i have level 95. Sticky bomb yes but you need to be fast and make a good trap otherwise you're death.

No in Los Santos, somewhere in the middle of the map and no, not florentine2648.

I remember who was the person with the tank if you want to know,

Wow this game only seems to have two kinds of players - the crybaby and the badass.

Na man I'm not really crying, it just sucks. I can even afford 5 tanks if i want. I find it stupid using tanks in free roam.

Buzzards and maybe jets are ok because they aren't that easy to control without auto-aim

ITT :

s6RSEK7.png

Pretty funny haha.

lol, that was really funny. Good pic.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

I used to think of this as one sided.. Until I got one for myself. One day I'm going to be a final boss to someone, get a mugger on them. Send mercs after them, then a bounty and when they reach me I'll be in a tank, then try and find a way to get out of it right as its about to get destroyed call an airstrike on his/her position, if they get through that then I'm going to run and cower like a little girl and then beg for my life.

This Guy Is Here
  • This Guy Is Here

Happy Holidays !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

Anyone that chooses to go up against a tank should already know the consequences.  If not I find another session to play in. When I fight a tank I go in knowing I'm going to die a lot, unless I have my own tank.  I go in with the RPG full of ammo and lots of stickies and chose different vantage points to attack from.  I die a few times ( sometimes a lot) and when I do eventually destroy the tank I usually spawn kill the driver to try even out the ratios.  I tend to find a lot of tank griefers that are not good on foot.

• Shaenno and Zevares like this

Cali_Legeend
  • Cali_Legeend

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

Yeah, tanks need to be nerfed for sure. I actually own one but only use it when there is a douche whose spawn killing and usually spawn kill them. Nothing pleases me then "OMGOD TANK fa**ot.... AGGGGGHHH" thats what they deserve, my whole crew has tanks so its usually like 6 tanks of us vs 1 of them. When im feeling like a douche I usually kill innoncent people lol. Oh yeah if anybody wants to join the crew youre welcome, not a big crew only composed of close friends so 9 including me.

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

If you see a tank, either go get a buzzard, or sticky bombs, if they are occupied they are so easy to take out...

or start a mission and or find new lobby if everyone leaves the tank driver has nothing to do but kill cops.  Everyone sticks around running cars into tanks or trying to kill it then complains on forum.   

• Zevares and Synophrys like this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

get a car, plant five stickies on it, ram it into the tank and blow it up, or with luck he'll blow you up when you're next to him, also causing damage to himself, do it again and tank is gone. 

• iFight, SOHC_VTEC and SFBryan18 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users