• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

title says all

Mathew4296
  • Mathew4296

Road Warrior

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:42 PM Edited by Mathew4296, 01 December 2013 - 02:43 PM.

I dunno what all the fuss was about on the internet. All these news websites and GTA haters were saying how bad and sadistic the torture scene was but it really wasn't that bad. I wasn't fazed or disgusted at all. It actually sat pretty well with me. It was pretty cool, I really enjoyed it.

At the end of the day, it's only a video game anyway.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

Title is cut, so it's hard to answer your question. 

Mathew4296
  • Mathew4296

Road Warrior

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

In the address bar, the complete title reads as: Am I the only one who played the torture scene over and over to get to gold without Mr K having "heart constapation". Lol that can't be right... Constipation?

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

Seeing Dae-Su Oh prying someone's teeth out with a claw hammer or Ichi The Killer drive pins through his own ear drums or that nurse in "Infection" repeatedly stab her own arm with a syringe kinda made this scene seem tame. You want to see brutal, watch the last fight scene in "Fireball", then replay this mission. Your opinion WILL change.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

Seeing Dae-Su Oh prying someone's teeth out with a claw hammer or Ichi The Killer drive pins through his own ear drums or that nurse in "Infection" repeatedly stab her own arm with a syringe kinda made this scene seem tame. You want to see brutal, watch the last fight scene in "Fireball", then replay this mission. Your opinion WILL change.

Oh yeah?  Will it?

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

The title actually doesn't say it all because all of the title is not there...

Anyway, I have yet to replay any of the missions due to f*cking around, but I actually like "By The Book". People are far too sensitive.

ChineseCosmo
  • ChineseCosmo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

Look just cuz you saw Oldboy don't make you some hot-sh*t gore cowboy.  

The difference, the entire f*cking argument (which you happened to conveniently overlook) is the fact that in GTA V you're is an active participant in torture whereas in movies (movies other than over-the-top Asian blood-ballets as well), you're just a viewer.

Anyway the examples you gave are tame as f*ck anyway, if you want some life-ruining scenes of violence in film, I got you covered dog.

L0st-D4md
  • L0st-D4md

Lost, Damned, Insane

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:43 AM

So many people got butthurt about the torture scene. It wasn't really that bad. In fact, I even enjoyed watching it!

Its like anything less than sunshine, lollipops, rainbows, cookies and overall perfection is going to be lobbied against by k*ntformists.

pyrhhus5
  • pyrhhus5

Lone wolf

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:27 AM

i have to say it was a rather disturbing part of the game that i could have done without.  however, that being said, it is a part of the game and i completed it.  just didn't find it fun. 

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:53 PM

Look just cuz you saw Oldboy don't make you some hot-sh*t gore cowboy.  

The difference, the entire f*cking argument (which you happened to conveniently overlook) is the fact that in GTA V you're is an active participant in torture whereas in movies (movies other than over-the-top Asian blood-ballets as well), you're just a viewer.

Anyway the examples you gave are tame as f*ck anyway, if you want some life-ruining scenes of violence in film, I got you covered dog.

What the f*ck? I brought up Oldboy because in the scene Trevor rips out ONE of the guys teeth, whereas in Oldboy its much more. Are you so dumb you couldn't make that connection? And because you knew I was talking about Oldboy without me mentioning it by name doesnt make YOU some "hotsh*t gore cowboy".

And in GTA5, you're STILL just a viewer. You're not a participant unless you put the jumper cables to the guy yourself, in real life.

And the term isn't "blood ballet", you're thinking of "Hong Kong blood opera", and those aren't even the same type of movies. A Hong Kong blood opera is something like "Hardboiled" or "A Better Tomorrow", not "Audition" or "Infection". You don't know sh*t about movies.

gukklleb_911nn
  • gukklleb_911nn

I didn't like Snakes on a Plane

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

Title is cut, so it's hard to answer your question. 

last word is gold

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:22 AM

I hated that part of the game, mainly because I was forced to do something I didn't want to do. It was also handled terribly, because the type of injuries I gave that guy made me want to kill him just to put him out of his misery. Instead R* then forced me to let him go. 

It also makes absolutely no sense to develop a switch mechanic and not allow players to use it in a mission like that. It would've been the perfect time to just play a Michael if you didn't want to do what Trevor was doing. 

I just don't understand R*'s thinking. I would love to torture actual bad guys like that, but I get to go complete psycho on some innocent foreign guy. Why him? 

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:29 AM

C'mon, its a game based on heist movies. Its gotta be a reference to "Resevoir Dogs". That you have to play through it may not have been the best design decision, but I don't think its a big deal. I mean, its ok for Trevor to kill dozens of rednecks for one of them (vaguely) bad mouthing his mother, but pulling teeth or waterboarding someone only to eventually let them go is beyond the pale?

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:09 PM Edited by lol232, 06 December 2013 - 08:10 PM.

Use every torture thing and save waterboarding to be the last.
His hear won't stop of you waterboard him for 3 seconds and stop, you need to do that 3 times.

I hated that part of the game, mainly because I was forced to do something I didn't want to do. It was also handled terribly, because the type of injuries I gave that guy made me want to kill him just to put him out of his misery. Instead R* then forced me to let him go. 

It also makes absolutely no sense to develop a switch mechanic and not allow players to use it in a mission like that. It would've been the perfect time to just play a Michael if you didn't want to do what Trevor was doing. 

I just don't understand R*'s thinking. I would love to torture actual bad guys like that, but I get to go complete psycho on some innocent foreign guy. Why him?

Actually... That guy wasn't innocent at all, far from it.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

the whole gameplay in this mission is fun.. people are bitching to torture someone, but after the mission kill dozens of innocents civilians, overrun cops and wild animals, shoot down planes mid flight, blow up and put fire into corpses and living npcs... just give me a f reason to this particular scene to be considered BRUTAL.. the whole game is brutal.. come on, its grand theft auto.. why doesnt feel the same thing when cutting someone to death with a katana or chainsaw in gta sa, or burning them up.. hipocrisy my friends, thats what disgusts me the most, much more than a simple torture scene we could all watch into some movie.. stop your bitching. 

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:38 AM

This is a violent series.  Of course adding an element of torture is disturbing.  It's supposed to be.  Was it necessary to include it?  No.  Was it dark satire?  Yes.  Suspected purpose:  To make you think.  To voice political views.  To see what you decide.  Do you participate or not, choose lesser of evils etc.?  Any therapeutic value?  Any educational value?

That said, it was a different scene in this game which I thought was worse.  I'm surprised no one has discussed it on these forums.

• daliakiller likes this

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

This is a violent series.  Of course adding an element of torture is disturbing.  It's supposed to be.  Was it necessary to include it?  No.  Was it dark satire?  Yes.  Suspected purpose:  To make you think.  To voice political views.  To see what you decide.  Do you participate or not, choose lesser of evils etc.?  Any therapeutic value?  Any educational value?

That said, it was a different scene in this game which I thought was worse.  I'm surprised no one has discussed it on these forums.

ofc, no therapeutic or educational value, and nothing to add in my life. like you just said, it is a violent series. it is just a game that since its roots has been criticised for being controversial.. it was way violent, that i agree with you. but ain't the whole game violent as well? if we choose to play a violent game, we should be expecting violence. i think that this scene is just as violent as any other scene would be.. i expected that, i was already sure that i would be exposed to brutality and extreme violence the moment i put this game into my console.. in my point of view, every one should be aware that they are playing a violent game. expect violence and brutality. people should just dont really bitch about VIOLENCE if you are playing gta.. go play mario instead.

which scene you consider worse?

i think that murdering Jhonny was far more disturbing than the torture scene..

StarSteewlolf
  • StarSteewlolf

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

The fact that it was a torture scene in a game where you got to interact and choose your tool to do the torture was what made it unique to me. I enjoyed it. I've scene worse but for a video game it was good.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:40 PM Edited by Midnightz, 08 December 2013 - 08:48 PM.

No, the implied rape was the worst violence in this game.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:16 PM Edited by daliakiller, 09 December 2013 - 10:18 PM.

cant remember seeing no raping in this game, long time since i finished the story..

but thats my point. there is lots of scenes worse than the torture. there is absolutely no reason to be shocked about this particular mission.

EDIT: Just saw this sh*t.. it was cannibalism from my point of view.. but it could be worse, i saved her. (if you are talking about the random event)

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:08 AM

I was talking about Trevor in bed with Lloyd(?).  It IMPLIED either a forced cuddling/role-playing session or more likely, rape.  Trevor, in terms of his actual person, is not the type to do that.  It struck me as poor writing.

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:38 AM

I was talking about Trevor in bed with Lloyd(?).  It IMPLIED either a forced cuddling/role-playing session or more likely, rape.  Trevor, in terms of his actual person, is not the type to do that.  It struck me as poor writing.

How is Trevor not the type?

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:21 AM

If he were, he would have done that to Patricia, Mary Ann, Maude, or any of the other women in the game but he didn't.  He would only bang someone who was willing.  So, if all he did was humiliate Lloyd by making him wear women's pajammas and cuddle, I'd agree that immasculating action would fit his character.  He did repeatedly mock Lloyd's relationship with his g/f.  But it seems like it was more than that.  It seemed to me like he actually raped the poor guy.  That doesn't jive with the rest of his actions at all.  Trevor is nuts, no doubt, but a rapist?  No.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:48 PM

if you pay attention in the whole gameplay with him, you can clearly see that Trevor RESPECTS women. he repreends when Wade call the girl he's f in the beggining a bitch, and many other demonstrations. yes, he is an asshole and crazy mofo, but he has some manners with woman. i dont remember if he punches a woman when stealing a car, but he surely respects. for me, he seems the all-goes kind of guy.. he doesnt care about anything.. maybe it does implies rape, but i only think he just need someone.. one of his weak points is that he cant stand being alone in any way. at the ending he and michael talks (SPOILERS) Mike: We do this and go separate ways.. He yells NO. we still friends. He aind loved by noone, just like michael and franklin.. michael is an all alone man even having his family. franklin doesnt have family or friends, and when he smokes we can clearly hear him saying it..

it is my point of view, they are all lonely man, and T needs someone, as he can stand feeling alone, he forces Lloyd sleep with him.. he just needs someone after all guys..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users