• This topic is locked This topic is locked
142 replies to this topic
DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

Mean Girls and The Parent Trap actress Lindsay Lohan is planning to sue Rockstar Games, claiming the developer used her image without permission for Grand Theft Auto V.

That's according to a TMZ report, which claims Lohan's lawyers are in the process of drafting a lawsuit against Rockstar Games that demands "serious money."

No official lawsuit has been filed yet, so it is unclear which part or component of GTAV featured a likeness that Lohan claims is similar to her's.

TMZ points out that GTAV's box art features a woman holding a cellphone who somewhat resembles Lohan. The game also features a mission that has players taking home a Lohan-esque character to escape the paparazzi.

GTAV also features a mission at a hotel resembling Chateau Marmont in West Hollywood--a place where Lohan visits often and lived for a period of time.

We've reached out to Rockstar Games and parent company Take-Two Interactive for comment.

If Lohan does indeed sue Rockstar over GTAV, her lawsuit would not be the first the game has faced legal action since its record-setting launch in September. Rapper Daz Dillinger accused Rockstar in October of using two of his songs in the game without permission, demanding that Rockstar give him more money for the songs or destroy all remaining unsold copies of GTAV.

Original article here:

http://www.gamespot....5/1100-6416493/

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

I Run This Town

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

This is hilarious.

• nobum62 likes this

RonaGui
  • RonaGui

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:07 PM

She just wants money for more crack

• lol232, Barry Spock, Grand Cannon and 12 others like this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

Spoiled self-entitled brat.

• lizardman563, Empty World, PaletoChickenCapo and 4 others like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:08 PM Edited by saintsrow, 01 December 2013 - 02:13 PM.

I saw a pug-ugly, dumpy-ass NPC pedestrian walking around downtown Los Santos, and clearly Rockstar used my likeness, fashion interests, my daily route to Burger Shot, and my general bearing, as a model for this character.  I will be filing a mother-huge lawsuit on Monday, to get my share of the deep pockets $1B GTAV windfall.  :colgate:

EDIT:  And furthermore, my pet Rottweiler looks just like Chop, and I am sure that Rockstar also used him as a model without obtaining his permission or signing a model release and movie deal for him, so my dog will be filing a similar lawsuit as well. 

• Hodgey., B Dawg, sqre and 21 others like this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

Wow, I wonder what if she wins? :D
  • messy9867 likes this

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

She just wants to be relevant again...

I wait to see what Court will actually take this case.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

Who honestly cares about this trampy smackhead? She's probably just greedy for more money or attention.

• lizardman563, No-scope=NO_HOPE!! and KyleAElliott like this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:19 PM

Everybody is if given the opportunity

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

Lol this is pathetic. The blonde with the phone looks so much more like Kate Upton than Lohan, and if she thinks Poppy Mitchell is a copy of her, she's calling herself a trashy psychotic skank (which she is, but I don't think she knows).
  • Polish_Trucker and No-scope=NO_HOPE!! like this

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

and if she thinks Poppy Mitchell is a copy of her, she's calling herself a trashy psychotic skank (which she is, but I don't think she knows).

:lol: 

But anyway, if she thinks Poppy Mitchell is a copy of her, why didn't she sue R* when The Ballad of Gay Tony came out?  :blink:

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:45 PM

What? She is crazy.

BarelyLegal
  • BarelyLegal

You're a cünt.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

I saw a pug-ugly, dumpy-ass NPC pedestrian walking around downtown Los Santos, and clearly Rockstar used my likeness, fashion interests, my daily route to Burger Shot, and my general bearing, as a model for this character.  I will be filing a mother-huge lawsuit on Monday, to get my share of the deep pockets $1B GTAV windfall.  :colgate:

EDIT:  And furthermore, my pet Rottweiler looks just like Chop, and I am sure that Rockstar also used him as a model without obtaining his permission or signing a model release and movie deal for him, so my dog will be filing a similar lawsuit as well. 

liar there r no interors noob

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:52 PM Edited by boxmonster, 01 December 2013 - 02:58 PM.

Did she sue for the rap in GTA IV that rhymed Bohan with Lohan? If not, she probably should because this is even more pointless.

• itsdajmann08 and DaRkL3AD3R like this

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

As Fabien would say: the ASShoele.....

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:37 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 01 December 2013 - 03:37 PM.

She's definitely overdosed on crack. What was the point in going rehab if you aren't going to change you ugly, spoilt, flop actress?

Teo265
  • Teo265

Perfectionist

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

So... Lindsay really thinks it's her? After googling few seconds I ended up finding out it's actually Kate Upton more likely.

Source: http://cdn0.dailydot...a_v_upton_2.png

• Malibu454 likes this

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

Attention seeking brats everywhere. First Ellen Page with The Last of Us and now Lindsay Lohan with GTA V. Celebrities should just stay away from video games.

Teo265
  • Teo265

Perfectionist

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:47 PM Edited by Teo265, 01 December 2013 - 03:50 PM.

Attention seeking brats everywhere. First Ellen Page with The Last of Us and now Lindsay Lohan with GTA V. Celebrities should just stay away from video games.

I disagree, it would be awesome to see Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone and Steven Seagal as GTA protagonists! :)

Oh the trio of bad acting skills and faces... Too hilarious... :D

Oh oh and the perfect idea for bank robbery planner: Morgan Freeman! Morgan over Lester any time!

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Change my stupid name.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

This shows a perfect example of what society is like nowadays, so obsessed with money that they will do anything just to get it. There's a hardware store in GTA V that uses my name, I'm going to sue them over that, characters wear clothing, and so do I, so I'm going to sue them for "using my image without permission". Why must they all be so obsessed with money? Does having attention make them feel good about themselves? What is so special about getting attention? I bet she just made that up to either get attention, money, or both, there's no way she can be serious, did she trademark that specific pose? I don't think so. And the other part about suing over a building? Wow, you can't sue a company because a building where you used to live is in a game...

You don't see the inventor of the wheel suing Rockstar for using round objects. I hope the only thing Rockstar & Take-Two do at the court (if it gets to there) is laugh, nothing but laugh at how much of a joke this is. Most of society has turned into money-obsessed phone addicts who get attention by constantly posting things on pointless social networking sites.

• yonatan755 likes this

Teo265
  • Teo265

Perfectionist

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

I hope the only thing Rockstar & Take-Two do at the court (if it gets to there) is laugh, nothing but laugh at how much of a joke this is. Most of society has turned into money-obsessed phone addicts who get attention by constantly posting things on pointless social networking sites.

I would like to see that aswell. Rockstar's lawyers laughing to Lohan in court, making her feel humiliated after making a scene of her imaginary looks :D

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

The girl in the bikini doesn't look like a crack whore.

• TakinThyBacon, bensons, PoeticWhisper and 2 others like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

The girl in the artwork looks nothing like her.

Go home, Lohan, you are drunk.
  • TaviColen123 likes this

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:06 PM

Bitch wants more money

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

So... Lindsay really thinks it's her? After googling few seconds I ended up finding out it's actually Kate Upton more likely.

Source: http://cdn0.dailydot...a_v_upton_2.png

Holy sh*t..
Dead Ringer!

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

Why couldn't she die instead of Paul Walker? :( :(

She is a waste of space.

• xxRichter, Empty World and yonatan755 like this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

Oh they made someone in the game look similar to me, let's sue them for millions of f*cking dollars!

• zzmorg82 likes this

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:26 PM

Oh they made someone in the game look similar to me, let's sue them for millions of f*cking dollars!

Soon they'll get sued by Steven Ogg aswell.
  • Niko Vercetti 112 and yonatan755 like this

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

Soon they'll get sued by Steven Ogg aswell.

Lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users