Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you find the flashlight useful or not?

26 replies to this topic
Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

?

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

Its just there because Battlefield has the tactical sun. 

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

Im removing mine, im finding stealth works well in DM, and I mean general stealth. Since I aim around corners a lot I can see it giving me away.

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ˇˇooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

You can turn it off by hitting D-Pad Right

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

It is annoying because everytime you aim the flashlight is on, it should be vice versa and when you want it on you can press right d-pad.

agudmund
  • agudmund

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

It is annoying because every time you aim the flashlight is on, it should be vice versa and when you want it on you can press right d-pad.

True that, it's useful to have in case I ever stumble on a missions within a darkened inside corridor or down in the sewer during a city blackout, but the rest of the time I'm drawing the weapon either in broad daylight or at night where I don't want the other person or NPC to notice so clicking the pad to turn off the light, rather than have the option to turn it on, is a bit backwards. 

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

Useless.

obsidian_eclipse
  • obsidian_eclipse

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

does the beam actually render on other peoples consoles? I've never seen it myself.

WISD0MTREE
  • WISD0MTREE

4th Amendment

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

I see it all the time. 

Helps 1% of the time. Don't notice 90%

agudmund
  • agudmund

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

Useless.

I actually agree, since none of the scenarios where I'd see use for it ( in dark narrow missions, ones I have not come across ) are actually there I asked the person sitting next to me holding the controller robbing a convenience store with a Shotgun; "Is the flashlight completely useless?"

The reply I got was "No, I like it, anything which upsets the clerk as I'm robbing him is good"

I guess it's not fully useless then, annoying to always have to turn it off though.

Spyrothedragon9972
  • Spyrothedragon9972

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

^ Made me laugh

jerrodh7244
  • jerrodh7244

The Big Boss

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

I see it all the time. 

What happens the other 9% of the time?

• Anti Warhol and Franceska like this

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

I see it all the time. 

What happens the other 9% of the time?

Then Wisdom is trying to figure out if it's helpful or not in the current situation. 

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

I hate the flashlight. It was useful in THE LAST OF US. Not the same effect in GTA5 unless they create a map in darkness.
Then it might be exciting and thrilling like it was used in TLOUS.

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:34 PM

Useless

s1ckmad3
  • s1ckmad3

Head Don Of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

it sucks completely works against you when you want to be all stealth etc yeah you can turn it off but by default it stays on

JudgeMyInsanity
  • JudgeMyInsanity

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:23 AM

What about night vision goggles? That would be cool, or at least NV sniper scope

Chao§pawN
  • Chao§pawN

Professional Lunatic

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:51 AM

Completely useless. Because:

1/ It's set to "on" by default, should be the other way around as others have already mentioned
2/ It gives you away in deathmatches if you forget to turn it off (yes, others can see the beam)

3/ It doesn't actually help you see anything better in darkness at all. On the contrary, I feel I see better in the dark when I have it turned off, having it turned on actually makes me see things less clearly. This might of course differ depending on what tv or monitor you're using, but on my Samsung LED-tv I ironically turn it off as soon as it's growing darker. So basically it's useless during daytime hours, and it impairs vision rather than improves it during nighttime hours.

agudmund
  • agudmund

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

So, what would be a useful flashlight then?  As in where do the people in this thread see potential practicality for a flashlight in the game.  Personally I'd think these 3 would be interesting:

--[ A startle event trigger, when aiming at NPC characters during nighttime game hours with flashlight on, the response initial time of the NPC actually goes down a little as the light caused the character to get startled a little.

--[ Have it off by default naturally, in a fictional real life scenario where I'd be hiding, awaiting the right moment to jump from cover and blasts away a couple of folks, I'd definately want the direction the shots are coming from to be as elusive as can be, projecting a beam of light when combating within an urban environment, showing the attacker source location, is a guaranteed sniper shot in my head.

--[ Additional Gobos, overlays on top of the flashlight that show a figure ( Batman beam is a gobo for example if anyone doesn't know the term ) .  By having the ability to have crew gobos and additional novelty ones purchase-able from Ammunation one could potentially use them for extended communication. Again here, having the flashlight always on would mean that everyone would project a gobo all over all the time and it just becomes a jumble.

Currently it's quite useless though, serves as a "hey we know how to attack a light cone to a game object, that defintately looks like there is more dynamic lighting in the game than there really is."  But it just gets in the way of the gameplay,hopefully one day the developers will integrate this center point on the screen space into a playable aspect.

Volvo12345
  • Volvo12345

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

ITS JUST A NICE FEATURE THEY PUT IN.. if it not was there, you guys have complained about there is not enough smal features in the game..   why mod cars with xenon light? ITS A COOL FEATURE..  

CenMan
  • CenMan

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

At least that served a function. The flashlight in GTA has zero positive effects and some negative ones. It should be an upgrade to your gun, not a downgrade.

agudmund
  • agudmund

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

It should be an upgrade to your gun, not a downgrade.

hehe, true that

Zanje
  • Zanje

Stand up guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

Actually played a mission where it came in REAL useful. I only have a flashlight on my pump action shotgun, due to them being a common accesory for them in the real world, get this mission called "Clearing the cat house" from martin. Have to save some chick from the lost brotherhood in this dark ass abandoned motel, and the mission seems to always take place at dusk so it was always dark inside.

Light helped immensely there.

agudmund
  • agudmund

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:20 PM

Actually played a mission where it came in REAL useful.

Cool!  will watch my iFruit phone for more of those.  In case it explains my interest in this, that´s one more score now for the person sitting next to me trying to shut me up by claiming it´s super nice, saying; "Wouldn´t rob a convenience store without it and it looks great."

I'm just saying I find it terribly annoying to have it on by default, feeling bored not having the controller in my hands I started counting the occurrences where it turned out to be cool/useful Vs. just gets in the way and add one more click to drawing the gun.

Has anyone else come across interior or underground passage missions?

s1ckmad3
  • s1ckmad3

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:42 AM Edited by s1ckmad3, 08 December 2013 - 06:43 AM.

ITS JUST A NICE FEATURE THEY PUT IN.. if it not was there, you guys have complained about there is not enough smal features in the game..   why mod cars with xenon light? ITS A COOL FEATURE..  

ok mr im on the rag obviously realism was on R* goal hence 5 stars the tanks wont come out at any area but zancudo let me grab my flashlight in real life and see if by default it comes on .............. nope

s1ckmad3
  • s1ckmad3

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:44 AM

Actually played a mission where it came in REAL useful. I only have a flashlight on my pump action shotgun, due to them being a common accesory for them in the real world, get this mission called "Clearing the cat house" from martin. Have to save some chick from the lost brotherhood in this dark ass abandoned motel, and the mission seems to always take place at dusk so it was always dark inside.

i played in the day and the flash was useless

CenMan
  • CenMan

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

i played in the day and the flash was useless

I did this one at night too and it was pretty useful. Could have done without it though, because of auto aim.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users