Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you want people to watch your missions?

15 replies to this topic
Scumbag_Dave
  • Scumbag_Dave

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

Sometimes when you're in a mission with others, the others will invariably die quite early on. If there are no team lives left, would you prefer they stay and watch to completion, or have them leave the session? Or don't care either way.

Maybe it's just me, but I think people should stay and spectate just out of respect.

dedlee
  • dedlee

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

well they're not part of the mission anymore, why would I care what they do? nothing they do affects how the mission plays out at that point

rlr149
  • rlr149

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

don't mind either way, they leave and i finish they just lose/waste money for no reason. doesn't effect me in that way.

did the cargobob mission last week with 2 randoms, managed to get in zancudo on my own, steal chopper, pick them up outside zancudo, flew around for ages with these guys not shooting down the police choppers so i could get out of view, finally had to put down in the spillway up near the dam.

i get out and run in tunnel to lose cops, other guys take off in the heavily damaged cargobob, get it destroyed and them both killed, then they left game.

i went back to zancudo, got another bob, lost the cops doing the tunnel thing again, finished the mission and got paid.

tbh they should have watched just to learn something.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

well they're not part of the mission anymore, why would I care what they do? nothing they do affects how the mission plays out at that point

Sometimes dead spectators help with telling you where hidden enemies are, especially in survival. Although in that case they aren't perminantly dead.
  • Scumbag_Dave likes this

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

I always stick around on missions if you change the camera view you can often spot things that the remaining players can't see. Calling out enemy positions and offering advice gets the job done so much easier.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:05 PM

I love having an audience when I'm on some Mission Impossible sh*t.

Shaenno
  • Shaenno

Lady Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:08 PM

I find it awkward when I'm the only one left carrying the mission because the other 3 players are dead. And knowing that they are spectating is a bit awk, but I don't really mind if they stay or not. When spectating, I usually stay if they are my friends (out of respect) and if the mission is not that long. I leave once it gets too boring and usually if on a mission full of strangers. 

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

I don't mind at all. I absolutely stay if I die and we are out of lives, especially if I put a lot of time into the mission. Anyone else ever have a problem with A-holes purposefully dying so the rest of the team can't respawn?

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

I don't mind them watching but it is kind of strange how they share in the rewards (well not share exactly but they get paid)

than again I've been on the watching end plenty of times and would hate to not get paid myself

elguiri77
  • elguiri77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

Sometimes dead spectators help with telling you where hidden enemies are, especially in survival. Although in that case they aren't perminantly dead.

unless your in party chat you are unable to hear "dead" spectating companions so they are usually not useful in that respect. 

• lilpokerface likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

Depends if i'm pissed off at them or not.

I done a survival just before with three guys under lvl 20 and they'd be killed within the first 5 targets, which left me 25-30 kills each time. Didn't last many rounds, if i had the time to kick them all and not get points i would've :p

If they tried, no big deal.

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

Since i can generally solo any of the missions i dont usually care if i am the last one standing. will still usually get it to completion.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

Couldn't care less if people stay spectacting or quit out if they died during a mission. They are no longer making any meaningful contribution to the mission so I do not care about what they choose to do.

Quitting out if you died in a survival is kinda dick move though. Well I'm not entirely sure if the game tones down the enemy waves midway through if somebody quits... but even if it properly rebalances it for the new player total then immediately abandoning the game still seems impatient and selfish. If you're spectating a mission we might be talking up to 30 minutes before it ends (and you'll get almost nothing if your teammates fail), if you're spectating a survival wave it'll probably only be 2 mins before you respawn and you'll get rewarded for partial completion anyway.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

I'd like them to stay in the mission and leave after it. It's kind of disrespectful in my opinion if you just die for some reason and then quit the game. It's like not trusting to the people that are alive.

Though I don't know what I'm expecting, this is GTA after all.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

I'd like them to stay in the mission and leave after it. It's kind of disrespectful in my opinion if you just die for some reason and then quit the game. It's like not trusting to the people that are alive.

The spectator quits and you complete the mission -> They miss out on free money. Their loss.

The spectator quits and you fail the mission -> Evidently their lack of faith was pretty justified.

And IMO not wanting to spectate for 20 minutes is pretty understandable even if they had absolute faith in the remaining players. Doesn't really apply for the 4 minute long missions though.

Scumbag_Dave
  • Scumbag_Dave

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

The spectator quits and you complete the mission -> They miss out on free money. Their loss.

The spectator quits and you fail the mission -> Evidently their lack of faith was pretty justified.

And IMO not wanting to spectate for 20 minutes is pretty understandable even if they had absolute faith in the remaining players. Doesn't really apply for the 4 minute long missions though.

But also, I think sometimes people could watch and learn from others. If they did then maybe they wouldn't die before the others.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users