Photo

These children that play GTA...

53 replies to this topic
OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

Unacceptable. I can't stand the kids that play online. The f*ckin squeakers. Whiners. The sh*t talkers who don't know how to talk sh*t so they only know how to say gay, or mom jokes. The bad drivers. The dumb players with no concept of combat tactics. The ones who run straight into a firefight without using cover. The ones who think having a chrome adder and gold machine gun make them good players. The ones who start sh*t with people for no reason, and then quit the lobby if they get their asses handed to them. The ones who you can hear arguing with their parents over the mic.... should I go on? You all know what I mean. GTA 5 should be AT THE VERY LEAST 18 and up. If you aren't at least 18 then you can't play. Implement some sort of scanner in the Xbox where you must swipe your ID or drivers license lol
  • Wolfhuman, Empty World, xXGst0395Xx and 4 others like this

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

BAS3D

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

Welcome to Xbox Live/Playstation Network, we do hope you enjoy your stay.

Snarky comments aside, it's nowhere near as bad as COD. I don't run into squeakers in GTA: O often whereas every other lobby in COD houses at least one prepubescent kiddie who's mother and father aren't home. If it really is that bad for you, turn chat to no one in the select menu settings, that way the only time you'll hear others (for the most part) is when you kill them. Works for me.

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

This is what console gaming is all about. And why I tried online and really don't care for it,maybe if there were a way of weeding them out things would be different.

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:32 AM Edited by MinnieMan121249, 01 December 2013 - 10:32 AM.

Unacceptable. I can't stand the kids that play online. The f*ckin squeakers. Whiners. The sh*t talkers who don't know how to talk sh*t so they only know how to say gay, or mom jokes. The bad drivers. The dumb players with no concept of combat tactics. The ones who run straight into a firefight without using cover. The ones who think having a chrome adder and gold machine gun make them good players. The ones who start sh*t with people for no reason, and then quit the lobby if they get their asses handed to them. The ones who you can hear arguing with their parents over the mic.... should I go on? You all know what I mean. GTA 5 should be AT THE VERY LEAST 18 and up. If you aren't at least 18 then you can't play. Implement some sort of scanner in the Xbox where you must swipe your ID or drivers license lol

Im pretty sure if you whine like that about little kids, you're most likely not old enough to play the game, yourself. It's not only xbox live/PS network. Every online game is full of whiny little brats.

• dreaded_verse likes this

L0st-D4md
  • L0st-D4md

Lost, Damned, Insane

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

I play on PS3 and I know the Twelvie influx there isn't as bad as the dreaded XBL. All the same, I have heard whining children in the lobbies I happened to stop by in. One time, I eavesdropped on a conversation. I didn't know the full story but what I heard was an older guy with a deeper voice (18-23) antagonizing a twelvie for something he did. I heard the word tank in there so I suppose you can figure out the rest.

I'm going out on a wild guess, but that kid may have mental problems such as Autism. Then again, Autistics and Aspies can be easily mistaken and vice versa.

I heard what I heard, and I did not know whether to laugh or cry.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:15 PM

Getting bored of saying this over and over again...

I blame the parents. The parents that pay no attention to what their fat-fingered child stuffs in to their hands in the game store and just buy whatever it takes to make little Johnny shut his fat f*cking face and stop giving them grief.

The parents that voluntarily buy their kid an inappropriate game that is not intended for their child's age range, just because their kid is being an irritating, self-entitled little sh*t who never stops complaining or begging for stuff that they don't deserve, as a way of emotionally bribing their kid that has never been properly, effectively disciplined and shown that it needs to respect people and understand the value of the money that is being spent on them to stop them being a spoiled little c*nt. 

So, it's the parents that are to blame - they don't do enough to give their kids the vital lessons at an early age that would set them up to be a rational, patient, respectful person. Those kids get what they want, they scream and shout and whine and bitch and go online and prove that the internet was one of the worst inventions of modern times - a Pandora's Box of unworthy little sh*t bags that will never go back in the box. 

I hate you all. 

• LubeMan likes this

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Yay.

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

I'm glad I'm a single player only gamer, I never will go on multiplayer in any game whatsoever. I guess what they say about multiplayer is true, it's full of those who act like they're the boss of the server. Do they tell you what to do? Do they blame everything on others? Do they always think they're right? That's pretty much what it all is, you can't do anything without being pushed around.

I understand that games are going multiplayer-only nowadays because it makes more money, but that defeats the purpose of a video game, you're supposed to be immersed in a different world, but they're brining back reality with screaming and ordering. How can online gaming be fun when you get non-stop complaints? "I failed because you didn't help me", and then "Oh, you failed because you're terrible at this game, go away", that's what I assume it would be like.

Oh yeah, I'm hearing a lot about 'Chrome Adders', just who started that whole trend? What is so special about a Chrome Adder?

I will continue to play single player in GTA V, even if we got pushed aside, are forgotten about, and didn't get as much content as multiplayer. When the PC version comes out, all I will need is mods, then it's hundreds, or even thousands more hours of gameplay.

• L0st-D4md and GTAboob like this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

You can always mute people.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

Wait, so you must be 18 to play GTA V even though the mature rating is 17?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

Wait, so you must be 18 to play GTA V even though the mature rating is 17?

Depends which country you're in. Another inherent flaw in game ratings.

YanUK
  • YanUK

Retired VC Contest Leader

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

Now sir I hear your frustration. There are definitely younger players who do play the "right way" but in my experience there is some truth in your stereotypical analysis. The main point though is exactly what you say and that is the age restriction. It clearly says 18 on the box. Like other age restricted things in life, there is massive merit in your id proposal. Not too sure about how a scanner would work in practice but there is def more that should be done to protect minors from the media and us (gamers with the right approach to online gaming) from the minors. Win win situation!

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:31 PM Edited by darkdayz, 01 December 2013 - 12:35 PM.

I think most of the people here were a kid, or at least not of age at some point in the GTA life cycle. I'm happy kids are continually exited by new GTA games not having played the older ones the now adults have played in the early 00's. As long as it brings in new fans, and continues to top itself as a game every release, I'm all for it. Yes kids shouldn't be playing it because of the satire it brings, but the hunger too play it when you're not old enough is bigger than any other game. I remember thinking of ways to get it when I wasn't quite old enough back when III and VC were coming out, I wanted it more than anything.

To me anyway, as a teenager around the time of 3d era games, the exitement of the series and hype was the limitless possibility it have once you got hold of it, it didn't feel as big a deal when IV came out because I could just go and buy it, it didn't feel wrong to be playing it.

We've all been there, I think it's wrong to judge the kids of today who are new to the series. Welcome to the club is all I can say.

When in the queue for GTA V, I saw many kids lining up with their parents or older grandparents to get the game, its astonishing, only this game provides that crazyness. As long as the hunger for something they shouldn't have lies with GTA and not drugs and alchohol, I say let it be.

You can find anything GTA provides in the real world with a search of google, kids are smart enough for that these days. GTA doesn't open their eyes to anything adult that they can't otherwise see with the internet.

Carmain2K
  • Carmain2K

But first, let me take a selfie!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

Remember, not all of 12-13 year olds go around pissing everyone off. Despite being 13, I do find myself getting annoyed at these people. It is all a matter of how mature you are, and most of these kids are not very mature at all.

• GTAboob and CanOdope like this

Sleepy187.
  • Sleepy187.

Infamous

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

I'm pretty sure all of you played your first GTA game at the legal age.

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

Shut up, not all kids are doing that kind of stuff and let people do whatever they want. You don't want to hear them? Mute them. As far as I know, this game has a mute fonction.

Who are you to judge anyway?

Ellie Hunt
  • Ellie Hunt

Sonofa Gun

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:46 PM

It's doesn't really matter about the age group who play this, it's the maturity of the people who play it, I'm not 18 but I agree with the point partially because 18 is supposed to be the mature age. I can point out however, that some 18 year old's are not mature and act like the common 12 year old's. But even some who are 12 are actually more mature than the older age group. But yes, those 'kids' who whine are annoying, but you just have to ignore them or mute them, and if you're lucky to be on opposite teams, you'll kick their ass anyway. Happy gaming!

• 67f100 likes this

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:47 PM

I'm 16 and I hardly use cover in a gun fight :D I'm like "f*ck cover just kill them!"

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran Previously KingBulleT 8747

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:47 PM

I have no problems with kids - they should just not use a mic.

I would allow my kids to play any game, but i would never, never ever give them a mic before their voice crack.

TehTacoGuy
  • TehTacoGuy

Half taco, half human.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

I will admit, i'm only 16, but i'm often mistaken for being in my mid-late 20's. Tbh, i find more 30-40 years olds whining and being exactly what you said in the OP, and it is really annoying. But yeah, i mean, 18+ is supposed to be mature, but seriously, i find that hard to believe with the people i find online. It depends more on the specific person more than anything. I find a lot of 12-16 year olds (myself included) that tend to be more mature and play the game properly.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

OP, lmao the ID thing is a great way to get them out off online.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:00 PM

Best Solution: Don't play online and u'll never face such a situation.

Alternatively just ignore them and don't reply them

Lastly, Harassment always works if you can work out tricks to abuse them or scare the sh*t out by annoying them online. I used to do this and it always works except you should have friends or group to pounce upon these kids and kick their ass for permanent effects :D

If you are playing online you should learn these tricks to send tough message otherwise they won't stop.

67f100
  • 67f100

That Ford Guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

I have to say that the immature little kids piss me off but if they are mature for thier age then I think they should be alowed to play a M rated game. But most of the time I just turn chat to (crew and friends) so I dont here them.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

Been playing GTA III since I was 8. I am a beautiful human being who turned out just fine.

Thanks, mom.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:29 PM

Been playing GTA III since I was 8. I am a beautiful human being who turned out just fine.

Thanks, mom.

I don't believe you.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

Thanks, mom.

I don't believe you.

Okay.

I ran over some people, did some jobs for some italian mobster, shotgunned somme hookers here and there...

But I'm a sane person.

Brian359
  • Brian359

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

Must say I'm shocked how many under 18's actually play this game. The age rating seems pointless. The amount of content this game contains would say that the age rating should be adhered to.

Also any 18 year old who says they are mature enough is talking out his f*cking arse.

jdawglosurdo
  • jdawglosurdo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

The parents are to blame. There are ratings for a reason. Stop giving your children everything they wan't, you are not preparing them for the real world.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

It's a shame you guys never had an awesome childhood like I did.
  • PandaLambpaws likes this

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:14 PM Edited by StingrayX, 01 December 2013 - 04:16 PM.

What a stupid idea, in addition why don't you just mute every body who is talking. I never even bitched about this in IV because I muted everybody. And obviously age doesn't matter since I've been trolled by a bunch of adults and have heard some of them say the stupidest sh*t over the mic. Nobody needs to swipe their f*cking ID or driver's license, are you serious? Don't play until 18? You'll wipe half of the GTA fanbase out.

The parents are to blame. There are ratings for a reason. Stop giving your children everything they wan't, you are not preparing them for the real world.

So my parents buying me a game like V means I get everything I want, AND that I'm not prepared for the real world? Yeah, great logic. You guys are a mess, its no wonder why people bash this ridiculous section.

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:15 PM Edited by JustOneMonth, 01 December 2013 - 04:16 PM.

I'm glad I'm a single player only gamer, I never will go on multiplayer in any game whatsoever.

Cut the f*cking drama.

It's not going to kill you to try playing online, muting everyone and joining friends or a crew.

But by the way you love pink and ponys i don't think you have any.

Still, c'mon now. You just have to avoid the capslocky, ''KILLA13DARKZ666'' users and you will be just fine.

ITT: Same voiced opinion noticed ages ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users