42 replies to this topic
FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

He Dosent Fit As A Protagonist He Feels Out Pf Place

How could you say this...I love the Trev. :) Although I guess watching him walk around Los Santos is a bit strange.  He was the character I was most afraid of ( as in scared to play because of what he might get up to) but he turned out to be my favorite. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:54 PM

R said in the Game Informer preview in 2012 that Trevor was a different kind of criminal than they are used to having. They wanted to show a different kind of crime and there are many criminals out there like him. They want the freedom of that lifestyle instead of it being just material gain. I am glad they did something different instead of another gangbanger or mobster.

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:42 PM

TL;DR single player was rushed IN MY OPINION

Thank online for that. They should have contracted online to a separate department and focuses solely on single player.

They should have scrapped online almost all together. I was expecting to have at least like 10 gang banging missions as Franklin, lots more family missions with Michael, crazy biker wars with Trevor, etc...

• yonatan755 likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:50 PM

R said in the Game Informer preview in 2012 that Trevor was a different kind of criminal than they are used to having. They wanted to show a different kind of crime and there are many criminals out there like him. They want the freedom of that lifestyle instead of it being just material gain. I am glad they did something different instead of another gangbanger or mobster.

Well in my opinion, it did not work. Oooh wow, Trevor is such a badass, he's so crazy, wild, extremely violent and destructive. Ok great, what next ? Oh wait, and just for added fun, he dresses up in women's clothes and underwear when drunk, and he possibly likes to have sex or get intimate with other men too. Nah, not sold on any of it, and I'm nowhere near impressed. Trevor and his story was just a load of bullsh*t. Would have been the perfect antagonist or NPC.

Trevor was just a waste of protagonist space.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:36 PM Edited by spamtackey, 01 December 2013 - 06:37 PM.

Honestly, I'd say that Franklin is the one who should be a side character. He's pretty much the 'outsider' of the main plot until they shoehorn him into the ending. That could have worked if they gave him a story of his own, but they kinda just ended his story early and the only hints of it we get are there to establish the relationship with the other two protagonists. I can't even really give Franklin credit for pushing the main story forward as Michael was clearly losing it and it's not like Franklin told him to anger Madrazo, which is really where the whole big story starts to take off. It's not like they needed an extra protagonist to do it either. All they really did was make us sit through gang stuff that would not really pay off at all later down the line to delay the main story starting. I'd rather focus more on Trevor's war with the Lost and takeover of Sandy Shores than Franklin's gang war and I would pick that any day. 

Zamininc
  • Zamininc

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

Trevor and Michael were arguably the biggest protagonists. The entire story revolves around their conflict.

Franklin is just kind of there.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:01 PM

To me he shouldn't have even existed in my opinion. Would've been cool and more interesting to have a more subtle lunatic in his place. I cannot stand it when games try to put a heavy emphasis on how crazy a protag is.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:09 AM

Well in my opinion, it did not work. Oooh wow, Trevor is such a badass, he's so crazy, wild, extremely violent and destructive. Ok great, what next ? Oh wait, and just for added fun, he dresses up in women's clothes and underwear when drunk, and he possibly likes to have sex or get intimate with other men too. Nah, not sold on any of it, and I'm nowhere near impressed. Trevor and his story was just a load of bullsh*t. Would have been the perfect antagonist or NPC.

Trevor was just a waste of protagonist space.

I know people like him. Of course he is extreme because entertainment usually is but I know guys who sell drugs and do crimes simply because they have no desire to join the rat race and fit into normal society. They also have that don't give a f*ck kind of mentality.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:14 AM

@SonOfLiberty

So Luis Lopez wasn't enough hispanic for you?

Luis sucked. I was more talking about someone of a Mexican descent.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:16 AM

i disagree and i would not replace him Most of his Dialogue was pure Comedy Gold.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Fuuma Kanryo!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:43 AM

@SonOfLiberty

So Luis Lopez wasn't enough hispanic for you?

Luis sucked. I was more talking about someone of a Mexican descent.

Are you saying that hispanics only come from Mexico?

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:44 AM

Luis Lopez just had a horrible voice actor. I loved TBOGT but it seems like they just got some drunk off the street to do his part.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Fuuma Kanryo!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:46 AM

Luis Lopez just had a horrible voice actor. I loved TBOGT but it seems like they just got some drunk off the street to do his part.

I dare you to say that to his face.

MV5BMTk2OTIzMjAyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjY3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users