» «

How to be friendly with another player in free roam

44 replies to this topic
  • luisniko

PS+ : Pay More; Play Same

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:14 AM

You can just have some faith in them and sound the horn in front of them and don't appear with weapons.

The risk of getting killed is just unavoidable.

• WBaker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:16 AM

I generally just send them stock advice over PSN.

Buy low and sell high? Lester told me too.

• WBaker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:21 AM

It occurs to me this is a setting to show your character's attitude (normal, smug, injured, aiming, angry). If a friendly choice was added and perhaps the blip changed color to indicate this choice then mostly useless pre-existing mechanics could have a purpose.

If it made you fart rainbows too, that'd be a big plus.

• seVensantos

citizen of san andreas

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:33 AM Edited by seVensantos, 01 December 2013 - 06:56 AM.

honking, spinning, gesturing, etc. 2 much 4 an entire gta universe 2 remember. most ppl are going 2 shoot you before you can shoot them... & after theyve picked up your money & ran you still might become cool. or not. 

i suggest a blinking light. you could press a directional pad button 2 signify friendly or foe. your character either flashes or their radar blip flashes green or red. no flash. shoot! theyre gonna kill you anyway. if they dont, they were friendly & felt no need 2 signal since they werent going 2 bother you.

or the old fashioned way. say it into your mic. "hey dont kill me!"

• _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:38 AM Edited by _d3xt3r_, 01 December 2013 - 06:38 AM.

Had a blast last night with 2 crew members (KING - who I'd never met before) who were doing donuts on top of the car park in their comets - I rocked up and started taking photos

It all got messy as some loner then dumped his Cargobob on the roof top and then shot me - the dudes stepped in and then I glitched into one of their comets - we all ended up down LSC at La Mesa

It's not always about the killing and shooting, sometimes it's more fun just hooking up with other players and running riot through the city...

That said, it's an awesome feeling being protected by 2 crew members in their tanks :D

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:40 AM

I generally just send them stock advice over PSN.

Buy low and sell high? Lester told me too.

Buy when no one is talking about it, and sell when everyone is talking about it.

TWA B747
  • TWA B747

Captain Jake

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:43 AM Edited by TWA B747, 01 December 2013 - 06:44 AM.

Profit from what?

Its a reference to the Southpark episode with Tweaks underpants gnomes. In the episode they have a three stage business plan for success:

So now everyone who thinks they are clever on an internet forum uses this same tired joke. Good job OP.

• Shaenno

Lady Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:00 PM

It's rare to make friends in FM, I reckon FM is a big deathmatch to all the players lol.

I usually make friends during missions, since people actually can't shoot each other, and have to team up with them. Also, best feeling when you finish the mission with other 3-5 strangers is when they just drive and go on their business without putting a bullet in someone's head orrrrr honk their cars and just cruise around Los santos. But 80% chance that someone will shoot though, that's why it's better to get in your car and drive after the screen loads :sui:

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:12 PM

Not blowing them up works pretty well.

I never shoot until I'm shot at.

• Me!bourne

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

The people I don't shoot at do the following:
1. Don't shoot at me
2. Beep his/her horn when they drive past
3. Don't speed at or near me
I almost ran a guy over once, he ran out of nowhere and I jammed the brakes hard as I could but slid enough to bump and flip him a few times. I double honked and he saluted me and ran off on his way. Nice guy

appreciating the little things in GTA life!
  • Shaenno likes this

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:55 PM Edited by The Spook, 01 December 2013 - 04:01 PM.

My signature says everything.

I don't shoot first. If someone rides up blowing the horn, i'll get in. (try to, anyway) There's been several times I hopped in a car with someone and we just roll around doing things at random. There's been several times that I start following someone around, or someone follows me around, just joyriding.

But if I get killed, I don't get mad. I don't even have a mic to get on and start raging if I wanted to, so I don't listen to the chatter. If they get me, good game. I just respawn and either wait for them to come at me again, or hunt them down and have my revenge with my trusty Advanced Rifle, depending on my mood. Killing them 2 or 3 times and then vacating the scene is satisfying enough; I don't need tanks or helicopters or to spawn kill.

Hooking up with a bunch of other friendlies who aren't gun toting bad asses who's names are Arnold, Sylvester, Bruce or Steven would be cool, but i've accepted the fact that the chances of this are slim to none.

• OurJud

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

3. Press R1 so you can uncover

• Darkclox

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

3. Press R1 so you can uncover

When another player reaches to you, your instinct makes you to press R1 for cover

• rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

1.No guns
2. salute

• Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

Profit from what?

You just got another friendly player. 

1.  Don't be unfriendly.
2.  Don't post a "guide" on some forums that doesn't really make any sense.

I'm trying to change LS (lol), maybe the ''NO KILL'' msg gets trending. 

It won't until you #hashtag it.

In other news, be sure to kill OP anytime he is in your lobby.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users