Playboy X or Dwayne?

145 replies to this topic
SeBBy.
  • SeBBy.

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:22 AM

Super difficult decision ? Not really. Why would I kill Dwayne ? Here's some reasons why you should not kill him :

Moral reason : Dwayne has nothing left. He was betrayed by Playboy , his girlfriend abandoned him and he lost his business. He basically lost everything. Playboy tells Niko that Dwayne has been getting on his nerves , then Niko ironically asks Playboy '' So what you gonna do? Kill him? '' then Playboy says '' Hey I didn't say that. Man, you cold. '' And the next second he says that's the only thing left to do lol. Playboy was the one who started this, told Niko to kill Dwayne, he deserves to die.

Anyway , if you kill Playboy , you'll get his penthouse ( best safehouse in my opinion ) , can have Dwayne as one of your friends , and then can unlock his special ability which can be really useful.

Another reason is that Dubai is in Africa , and Jesus killed that John the Baptist cat.

• Tomasak and Jeansowaty like this

slipknot74892
  • slipknot74892

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:42 AM

okay... so it is indeed impossible to acquire the trophy "Liberty City (5)" after killing Dwayne.

No, you have Roman, Brucie, Little Jacob, Packie. You just need those four above 90%.
Once they are above the 90% the game counts it as done, so you could have Brucie at 90% and the others at 85%. Then if Brucie falls below 90% it's ok, because the game counts the 90% as 'completed' so then just focus on the others.
It's tedious to do the achievement but it's possible to take the friend out on every possible thing on their phone list in one go. So you could say, take Little Jacob out drinking, so do everything else first - darts, pool, strip club, eating then finally go drinking. This makes getting their % up faster.

the number 5 in the trophy title indicates that you must have 5 friends at the required level. i killed dwayne, and had 3 out 4 of the other friends at 100%. after getting packie to 94%, there was no sign of a trophy. (note that the trophies seem to take around 10seconds to actually be rewarded, they are awarded after the auto-save. but i waited for like a whole minute. also note that their level has to be, as stated in the trophy description, ABOVE 90%.) after going back before that point on a different save to kill playboy x, i was then able to achieve the trophy.

i also spent like 3 hours trying to obtain exactly 90% on one of them. in the end i was able to do this, and still didn't receive any trophy. it was possible to use this test with having at least 2 friends that didn't meet the requirements. after getting packie to exactly 90%, i raised dwayne above 90%. again, no trophy... all 5 friends were 90%, or higher. HOWEVER, after taking packie up to 96% with a game of darts i was able to obtain the trophy.

anyhow, since you can't obtain 5 friends without dwayne... killing him makes it impossible to obtain the trophy. but as for the thing you said about them only having to reach a certain level once, i don't know... never thought to test that.

TL:DR

killing Dwayne makes it impossible to obtain the "Liberty City (5)" trophy on the PS3. without Dwayne, you have only 4 friends left.

Dr.Playboy
  • Dr.Playboy

sh*tposter -->

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:26 PM

I killed Playboy because I knew Nico would relate more to Dwayne.

Also free crib  :lol:

ZDogN7
  • ZDogN7

I f*cking love steak

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:36 PM Edited by Thelema93, 20 June 2015 - 12:37 PM.

I killed Playboy because I knew Nico would relate more to Dwayne.

Also free crib  :lol:

the free crib, Claude's outfit and the ability to use Dwaynes goons as help is a much better reward than 20 thousand dollars with nothing to spend it on. Another reason why killing Dwayne is the better choice. 😃

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia
  • Worst Bellic [All Time]

Posted 21 June 2015 - 02:39 AM

If anyone here kills Dwayne, you need your head checked. ;)

• yeahmantiptap, AuSsIeThUnDeR36, Jeansowaty and 1 other like this

The Ghost 206
  • The Ghost 206

H.N.I.C.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:34 AM

Not even a question what's the benefit of killing Dwayne Besides the house? Dwayne looks like someone i can hang with in real life while playboy i would end up smacking him
  • Naroon likes this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:05 AM

Every time I kill Dwayne it feels hollow just how Niko would feel. Killing PBX is the no brainer considering all the benefits that come with it.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:06 AM

Every time I kill Dwayne it feels hollow just how Niko would feel. Killing PBX is the no brainer considering all the benefits that come with it.

How could you kill Niko's Kindred Spirit, you monster! :p

I like Dwayne too much for him to die. :)

• MiamiViceCity likes this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:08 AM

I like to spice things up, but I've definitely killed PBX more than Dwayne with each of my saves.:)

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:09 AM

I like to spice things up, but I've definitely killed PBX more than Dwayne with each of my saves. :)

What's the Ratio?

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:11 AM

I like to spice things up, but I've definitely killed PBX more than Dwayne with each of my saves. :)

What's the Ratio?

I think PBX about 5 times and Dwayne 2 times. 

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:13 AM

What's the Ratio?

I think PBX about 5 times and Dwayne 2 times. 

Cumulative Total, or just Recent Playthroughs?

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:16 AM

Cumulative total, but that's just a rough guess. I don't keep accurate tabs on these things.:p

All I know is I've killed PBX more since it's the right thing (moral wise) for Niko to do.:)

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

o(^▽^)o

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:27 AM Edited by LightningLord, 27 June 2015 - 11:28 AM.

Playbox X usually ends up getting killed during my playthroughs of GTA IV. I don't got much reason to kill Dwayne. It don't feel doing so. Felt like Playboy X had to go. (Or at least that's how I see it.) Plus you get some neat benefits such as bodyguards, a fancy safehouse, etc.
  • Payne likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:40 AM

Playbox X usually ends up getting killed during my playthroughs of GTA IV. I don't got much reason to kill Dwayne. It don't feel doing so. Felt like Playboy X had to go. (Or at least that's how I see it.) Plus you get some neat benefits such as bodyguards, a fancy safehouse, etc.

Claude's Outfit, less useless Money to be lumbered with, and most importantly another Friend to Hang Out with. :)

Y Λ N K X V
  • Y Λ N K X V

GANGSTA

• BUSTED!
  • Bulgaria

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:59 PM

Ofcourse PBX cuz' u get safehouse, the unique yellow Patriot, Dwayne as a friend and his goons. But when u kill Dwayne, the only thing u get is 25000$ nothin' else.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:05 AM

I have never killed Dwayne in any play through, although I don't like to kill Playboy X either. He's funny and I like how he talks. Examples -
"It's Christmas everyday when you rollin' with this motherf**ker."
"Hey whassup money."
"When he says jump, the cat say how high."
"This is my town. Look at all them tiny ants down there, man, sh*t is crazy."

Watain
  • Watain

GTA hellraiser and fanboy since 1998

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:54 PM

Playboy X is who I always pay a visit. C'mon, even his name makes the choice obvious! He's just an ungrateful, back-stabbing, power hungry, spoilt bitch who thinks he's some God-like dude and lets others do his dirty work for him. Basically the kinda douchebag that I hate the most. On top of it all, he's got the guts to call Niko "cold" when he tells Niko to kill his old friend and mentor, and then if you do, he blames it all on Niko for being "cold" again, completely treating you like sh*t. I mean, Playboy X is like the arch bully in school - a wuss who tries too hard and hides behind his surroundings' backs to get through to you.

"You think you can touch this?! [lets bodyguards try to take care of Niko while running away in fear]". He made up his own fate with all that disrespectful, power hungry, wanna-be sh*t. And well, his penthouse is the nicest safehouse in the whole game, so... Sure, Dwayne's miserable but he lost it all and was in prison for a long time, where Playboy should've been with him, if not instead of Dwayne. At least Dwayne's a real friend, and Niko puts his nag in place eventually when they hang out, addressing that everybody's got problems and that he should lighten up a bit.

• Jeansowaty and Naroon like this

CesarCorona
  • CesarCorona

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:49 PM

One subject that feels odd to me is living in that safe house after or if you put Playboy X down. Like what would that make Niko out to be? I ask this because he tells Dwayne ' Hey man, I see where you live. You should take the place.'

crobert0247
  • crobert0247

Rock*

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:16 AM

In my initial play through back in 08' I chose to keep Playboy X alive completely unaware the possibility of gaining that magnificent property in Northwood. I was a little mad when I later found this out. I was in it for the cash. In any further subsequent play through since, Playboy X essentially begged for a bullet. lol. Besides, he was becoming way too ambitious for his own good. It would have eventually led to destruction had I chosen to let him walk. He had to be taken out. Without question. Northwood is a much peaceful place with Bellic taking a bat to misbehaving citizens up there than it would be with PX and his heinous crew running the area into the ground.  :pp

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:40 AM

Killing Playboy X is a wise decision, you get his mansion with a nice big tv, internet, pool table, spa and Claude's outfit. Plus you get 2 guys to help as backup from Dwayne. It is a wise choice to kill Playboy X because if you kill Dwayne then call Roman, Niko will say to Roman he felt really bad about it.

Your are true
but how Playbox X Got Cluade's outfit killed claude?

Pbx had a rather seldom skin disease. Quite similar to Michael Jackson. Only Pbx turned from white to brown skinned.
In the convoluted universe and the time between 2001 - 2008 Pbx/Claude had been taught how to read and speak, ironically by illiterate Dwayne Forge.
To cut a long story short:
Despite different universe, Claude IS Playboy X.

Mr. Fartenhate
  • Mr. Fartenhate

finna kms tbh

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:53 AM

Killing Playboy X is a wise decision, you get his mansion with a nice big tv, internet, pool table, spa and Claude's outfit. Plus you get 2 guys to help as backup from Dwayne. It is a wise choice to kill Playboy X because if you kill Dwayne then call Roman, Niko will say to Roman he felt really bad about it.

Your are true
but how Playbox X Got Cluade's outfit killed claude?

Pbx had a rather seldom skin disease. Quite similar to Michael Jackson. Only Pbx turned from white to brown skinned.
In the convoluted universe and the time between 2001 - 2008 Pbx/Claude had been taught how to read and speak, ironically by illiterate Dwayne Forge.
To cut a long story short:
Despite different universe, Claude IS Playboy X.
HOLY SH*T
WEVE BEEN KILLING CLAUDE
OH MY GOD
  • Zello likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:49 AM Edited by Zello, 20 September 2015 - 04:51 AM.

I liked the whole Playboy X and Dwayne thing reminded me so much of The Wire. Gang leader gets released from prison while his second in command has been running it for him and is used to being in control doesn't want to give the reigns back.

Both Dwayne and Playboy X end up trying to take each other out

What I wanted to see in the Holland Play before Niko enters Playboy X's apartment we see Dwayne and Playboy talking about the old days and then Dwayne leaves and Playboy X talks to Niko about the plan

https://www.youtube....h?v=91CpbRq9Tiw

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:37 PM

Playboy X. I probably stated why before, so i will skip the explanation this time.

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

"Get out of my sight, or I'll kill you."

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:47 PM

I've always killed Playboy.

Niko Montana
  • Niko Montana

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:54 PM

I've always killed Playboy X. Better reward and it suits Niko's morals too.

• theGTAking101 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users