Playboy X or Dwayne?

112 replies to this topic
Lebron365
  • Lebron365

Player Hater

• Members
  • Georgia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

I think,that this choise isn't so hard,because Playboy betrayed Dwayne,his best friend,and Niko was betrayed by his fried too in war,,so in real Niko must to kill Playboy

• IDAS Leader and Revenge of the Donut like this

Inked 1994
  • Inked 1994

InKeD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:40 AM

I wanted to kill Playboy from the moment I met him. So when the time came to make a decision it was a no brainer for me. I never regretted a thing.
  • Revenge of the Donut and SmokesWithCigs like this

I xCallum I
  • I xCallum I

Playing GTA IV

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:42 AM

Kill Playboy. I haven't got that far yet, but it sounds a lot more beneficial for me and you.

X12-1992
  • X12-1992

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

I choose to kill X, because he was paranoid. Also Dwayne may be somewhat hopeless, but perhaps having a friend who's been/ is where he is would help him find hope. Maybe not in game, but in the timeline.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:57 AM

Playboy is a piece of sh*t. 

• Wolfhuman and SmokesWithCigs like this

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:15 PM Edited by Andreas, 29 June 2014 - 03:18 PM.

I killed PlayboyX due to the fact that he has a god awful personality, and I was glad when there finally was the option to get rid of him for good. Dwayne, on the other hand, was a cool guy. Maybe he didn't want to hang around with Niko so much, but he just was released from prison, at the time of GTA IV, after many years and his closest friend and his girlfriend turned their back on him. In this case, it is totally understandable that Forge acts the way he did. Thinking about all of this, it was an easy decision for me.
  • Niobium and Revenge of the Donut like this

Dr. Robotnik
  • Dr. Robotnik

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

The writers seemed to put more effort into the "Kill Playboy X" choice, but both options made sense to me in their own way. It depends on what kind of person you think Niko is, and whether you think he's driven by money and a desire to establish a new life and connections for himself, or loyalty to old friends. 

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

Proud Asshole

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:40 AM

Again, Playboy did what he had to do. Dwayne messed with a business venture that was owned by a powerful gang. Dwayne came out of jail expecting things to be the same. It reminds me of what Lester said after Michael asked if his reputation meant anything, in which Lester said, "You're a dead man Michael", which is not much different than jail. According to the database, Dwayne was on suicide watch during his prison tenure. The only moves he did in jail related to Cherise. He is described as a drug baron in the 90's, and X talks about how the narcotics business has evolved past crack. Playboy X cut ties with Niko because of what Dwayne forced him to do, because silencing Dwayne allows his business partners to continue operating, and not starting a full on gang war. X never sends anyone after Niko so the mutual respect is there.

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

Don't take life too seriously. You wont get out of it alive.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:07 PM Edited by browar25, 12 July 2014 - 09:07 PM.

I killed Playboy X with no remorse ;) It's all about benefits. If you kill Dwayne you'll get 25 000$ - peanuts that you can earn selling three Turismo to Bohan garage. If you kill Playboy you'll get his nice penthouse and his unique gold patriot. And then Dwayne's friendship which means you'll get the gang backup if you call Dwayne. It's good to have a drink with Dwayne after that if you want to see him fighting remorse.

It's a shame that you can't play pool in Playboy X's apartment though. That's a nice looking pool table and Niko doesn't have to destroy his lungs in that smoke-filled cafe. Pick Kiki up for a date, take her to Niko's apartment, play a little pool, have a few drinks and make her breakfast in bed the next morning :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Yes, you can play pool in X's apartment :) You can play with Kiki or other girls but they are always disappointed after the date even if they asked you to play pool.

• SmokesWithCigs likes this

Shay_ANARCHIST
  • Shay_ANARCHIST

Player Hater

• New Members
  • India

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

Killing Dwayne is a good Idea....That bald mUthaf*cka gives only three dumb ass bodyguards..(which yu can simply get by Using SNT) ...And playboyx gives 25000$ and A f*ckin house....its better to kill dwayne !!! mAN !!!

Revenge of the Donut
  • Revenge of the Donut

Meh

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:51 AM Edited by Revenge of the Donut, 27 July 2014 - 10:54 AM.

Got so sick of hearing Playboy x taking about himself and his superficial life that I wanted to shoot him in the mouth not long after Niko met him anyway, so I always kill playboy wholeheartedly.

Dwayne comes across as a genuine human being who would make a good friend so not killing him was a no-brainer for me, playboy was just another ego-junkie prick who needed to be reminded of his own mortality like Manny or Devin Weston...love taking people like that down a few notches.

• the ironic one and SmokesWithCigs like this

TheKillerDonuts
  • TheKillerDonuts

You guys wanna play baseball?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:57 AM

Killing Dwayne is a good Idea....That bald mUthaf*cka gives only three dumb ass bodyguards..(which yu can simply get by Using SNT) ...And playboyx gives 25000$ and A f*ckin house....its better to kill dwayne !!! mAN !!!

1. It's 2 bodyguards
  2. Not everyone has a PC
  3. Playboy X doesn't give you his house, Dwayne does. Where did you get that information anyway lol?
  • Jeansowaty, the ironic one, Niobium and 1 other like this

fefenc
  • fefenc

Blue Dante

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:09 AM

Playboy X must die

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Can't wait to play GTA V in 800x600 and in Minecraft setting

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:40 AM

Playboy seemed cool at first, but after a while he get's stupid and all

and A Penthouse + A new friend + 2 bodyguards > $25000

Hacker379
  • Hacker379

Anonymous

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

Killing Dwayne

-Will Gain You Nothing Killing A Poor Man

Killing Playboy X

-Dwayne Gang Backup

-Playboy Mansion

FoughtComic29
  • FoughtComic29

Player Hater

• New Members
  • India

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Dwayne hangs out with you and stuff..Anyway u can get lotta money with mods/cheats but u can't get that house.. Dwayne is a nice guy I guess.. And I did not even have to shoot playboy Cruz he fell when he was jumping from the stairs to the other building. I thought that was the way it ends.
But after seeing or post I think it was a glitch..thank u Rockstar for making me just stand and watch playboy die while others have to shoot him down. Anyway if the cops come I can tell them to their face that I did not kill him..

Shadowlarvitar
  • Shadowlarvitar

Proud Saints Row Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:06 AM

I always kill Playboy.

As Trevor once said "I wanted to ice him since I first met him".

Dwayne is cool. He gives you the penthouse and backup

IDAS Leader
  • IDAS Leader

We're not strong, We're injustice strong !!!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:38 PM

Playboy X. Here's why:

Playboy's nothing but a prick. Dwayne used to look after him before he went to jail and he was treating him like sh*t. Then he tries to get Dwayne killed, if you kill Dwayne, he gives $10,000 calls you cold, and stops talking to you. If you kill Playboy X, you get the house and become friends with Dwayne.

MitchMaljers
  • MitchMaljers

Eat a dick, clown!

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:14 PM

I capped Playboy X; why? Because he's fake, act's like he's the king of Northern Algonquin, and is one of the dumbest characters in GTA IV (Jesus "killed" John the Baptist.. really?)

Capping him gives you a sick-as-f*ck looking unique Yellow Patriot, his (or what turns out to be Dwayne's) penthouse and some new threads to wear which look awesome on Niko. (I really like the Sneakers which come with the outfit)

Capping Dwayne isn't worth it, he's a pretty interesting character and actually cheers up after you hang out with him long enough..

Always capped Gayboy X and I still do it every time I do a playthrough of GTA IV.

Niobium
  • Niobium

not banned Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:10 AM

playboy was an arrogant bastard, acting like he owned the city.

fefenc
  • fefenc

Blue Dante

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:59 AM Edited by fefenc, 07 October 2014 - 03:01 AM.

Playboy X is just a stupid MoFo. I can't believe someone can spare this guy, it's like R* has made everything to we kill him.

He's an arrogant person, a backstabber and greedy.

Dwayne, by the other hand, is a noice guy. He's just a bit down because he must have seen a lot of things when he was inside and he was out recently, so it's quite understandable his sadness vibe, but he's still annoying as fk.

When I first beaten GTA IV, I've disliked playboy a bit at start, but I was disliking him even more when he was acting like a prick to Niko and Dwayne, then when he called Niko to kill dwayne and there was a X on the radar, I went after him in a nobrainer and killed him. I never knew I would gain his penthouse if I choose to kill him, it was a moral choice to me, I've tried to think as Niko at my 1° playthrough.

American Alpha
  • American Alpha

The Man From Blackwater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:42 AM

They are both annoying. I usually kill Playboy X to get his penthouse which I think is more beneficial than 25k and a couple useless goons. Plus, Dwayne has some pretty good stories. 

Simply logic
  • Simply logic

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:52 PM

SPOILER ALERT!
 So everyone who has played GTA 4 knows that super difficult decision to make between killing Playboy X or Dwayne. I looked it up online before I chose who I was going to kill, and I found out that if I kill Playboy I get his house, but if I kill Dwayne I get 25,000$. 
        At first I was like, "Oh, that's a no-brainer. I don't need money anyway." I went to Playboy's crib and started chasing him around the block. He was putting up a fight, unlike Dwayne would (I found out). I needed one more shot to kill him and then I started having doubts. I thought he was so cool and he has so much more to live for than Dwayne, as if I were making a real life decision. But I took the shot.

I'm about 20 missions past that now, and I'm regretting my choice. Dwayne isn't that good or fun of a fun and he's so boring. He never tries to hang out with me or anything, and he expects me to call him. But honest to god he's more boring than watching paint dry. 
              I know I'm overreacting. I just really wish I killed Dwayne.... can anyone relate?

I saved the game before completing execution missions so i could reload if i wanted to try the other execution style, atleast that way you can have an old save to use if you needed to.

Webster.
  • Webster.

Thug

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:49 PM

Killing Dwayne

-Will Gain You Nothing Killing A Poor Man

Killing Playboy X

-Dwayne Gang Backup

-Playboy Mansion

:^:

Scrila888
  • Scrila888

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:47 AM

I picked Playboy X to die because he is not a nice person, he is arrogant. Always calls Niko "money" and tried to betray his mentor, Dwayne

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:06 AM

In all of my play throughs I never once killed Dwayne. I felt he was better kept alive as he and Niko were, and are kindred spirits in a way.

Cheers.

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:19 AM

Dwayne was the oldschool gangster, reminded me of San Andreas groove street thugs a bit. I really like him, good thing he calls you at a point of the game to hang out. I chose to kill Playboy, because Dwayne is sympathic and has principles, Niko was right about Playboy : "You didn't change the game, the game changed you".

r3h4n786
  • r3h4n786

M4dd Dogg

• Members

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:12 PM

Killed Playboy, free house and if Dwayne enough 2 free goons, win/win.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:33 AM

Killing Dwayne
- $25,000
- No gangster backup
- No Playboy X apartment
- No Claude clothing option
- No pool with friends

Killing Playboy X
- Playboy X apartment safehouse
- Gangster backup
- Claude clothing option
- Pool with friends

It's an easy choice, kill Playboy X

rakovsky
  • rakovsky

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Belarus

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:58 AM Edited by rakovsky, 25 December 2014 - 01:02 AM.

This is an interesting question. The game "wants" you to kill Playboy X, because it rewards you much more. But who is the most moral choice? The only decent justification would be self defense or if someone did something really really bad.

Neither one of them did something really bad to the other before the confrontation, although it's true that Playboy eventually stopped visiting Dwayne in prison.

Playboy is the first person to tell you to ice Dwayne, rather than the other way around, but Playboy gives a good reason - that Dwayne is trying to kill him first, because Dwayne is paranoid.

So the main question becomes how well do you believe Playboy that Dwayne was already trying to kill him?

There are reasons to think so. Niko tells Dwayne that Playboy has always been straight with him, so that suggests that Playboy was honest, but that is not necessarily so. Someone could tell you a lie, but say it in a straight way. Plus, Niko could be wrong that Playboy was truthful.

Also, it's true that Dwayne started getting paranoid. He was complaining alot about people after he left the slammer, so he could have realy been paranoid about Playboy too. Dwayne could have been acting on his paranoia and lashing out without reasoning things through, in a way not unlike Faustin attacking Petrovic's relative earlier in the game.

Plus, Dwayne already had gotten Niko to ice both Jayvon in order to settle an old account, the new managers at the strip club, and potentially also Cherise his old girlfriend, although it turned out he later said he didn't want her taken out. So there is a pattern of attacks that suggest Dwayne might have the mindset to take out Playboy.

Further, Playboy described his conversation with Dwayne. He said he tried to reason with Dwayne (offering him half his gang back out of Playboy's), but that Dwayne rejected it as not good enough. This suggests Dwayne would have been against Playboy in revenge.

There are also good reasons to doubt that Dwayne was already taking the initiative. Dwayne had very few friends after getting out of the slammer, but was close to Niko. So there would have been few people who Dwayne would have told to kill Playboy before he talked to Niko. To believe Playboy, you would have to believe that Dwayne went to at least 1 more person and asked them to take out Playboy, but that this person told Playboy about it instead. And there are not many people who Dwayne had to do that, and besides, Dwayne is portrayed as a careful distrusting person, so he would probably not say it to someone who would betray him like that.

Second of all, Playboy does not initially say directly that Dwayne was trying to kill him. Playboy rambles a bit in the conversation, and talks in an offhand, loose manner, and does not sound really trustworthy. Only later in the conversation does he pose as a hypothetical what to do to someone who is trying to kill you, and his manner of talking leaves the impression that he was making it up about Dwayne.

The most likely scenario therefore is that Playboy was just making up the claim that Dwayne was trying to kill him, but it would not be surprising if Dwayne really had been trying to.

What do you think?

• MitchMaljers likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users