Playboy X or Dwayne?

145 replies to this topic
BustingDoors
  • BustingDoors

Bach

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:37 AM

SPOILER ALERT!

So everyone who has played GTA 4 knows that super difficult decision to make between killing Playboy X or Dwayne. I looked it up online before I chose who I was going to kill, and I found out that if I kill Playboy I get his house, but if I kill Dwayne I get 25,000$. 

At first I was like, "Oh, that's a no-brainer. I don't need money anyway." I went to Playboy's crib and started chasing him around the block. He was putting up a fight, unlike Dwayne would (I found out). I needed one more shot to kill him and then I started having doubts. I thought he was so cool and he has so much more to live for than Dwayne, as if I were making a real life decision. But I took the shot.

I'm about 20 missions past that now, and I'm regretting my choice. Dwayne isn't that good or fun of a fun and he's so boring. He never tries to hang out with me or anything, and he expects me to call him. But honest to god he's more boring than watching paint dry. 

I know I'm overreacting. I just really wish I killed Dwayne.... can anyone relate?

SonofYankton
  • SonofYankton

Hugging Niko Belic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:59 AM

I f*cking hate Dwayne but The gangster backup is Good

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:08 AM

Playboy was a punk b*tch and deserved what came to him. And if you would've killed Dwayne, Playboy will tell you that you are a psycho and won't hang out with you.

So its a lose/lose when you kill Dwayne, and a loss/win by killing Playboy
  • r3h4n786, Tomasak, sqre and 5 others like this

Shoumaker
  • Shoumaker

y

• The Yardies
  • Cameroon
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:04 AM Edited by Shoumic, 01 December 2013 - 04:05 AM.

It is easy, Dwane may never try to hangout with you but Playboy will completely forget about you. So the decision wasn't hard for me at all. I killed PlayboyX and I got the gang backup and I got PlayboyX's property where in IV you'd do anything for property because there's so few of them. That is a lot more to me than 10K or 20K, I can't remember how much you got. 

• Hmmm nice bike, DeafMetal and StraightEdgeNexus like this

namor
  • namor

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

I hated Playboy from the moment Niko met him. All the "Yo yo money!" was really annoying, and I thought that the way he turned on Dwayne, who used to be his mentor and friend, because he was an embarrassment was cold and he'd be happy to stab anyone in the back (including Niko) if it benefited him. Playboy gets gunned down by Niko in every playthrough I do. I had a separate save for killing Dwayne, but only did it to see how the mission played out and never continued to the end of the game from that option.

• freedomworks96, Colognenigguh, Naroon and 1 other like this

QuietJosh
  • QuietJosh

Cynical and Grumpy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:58 PM Edited by QuietJosh, 12 December 2013 - 11:20 PM.

I have always chosen to off PlayboyX. I don't like moronic punk-ass bitches, and sooner or later, someone would take him down like he did to Dwayne. Might as well accelerate the process and remove an impediment to the human race, which leaves one less idiot on the street.

Dwayne's a lost cause, because he can't move past his betrayal and subsequent depression. If he doesn't have the guts to fix his own problems, or the balls to off himself, ain't my problem, lady.

Besides, Playboy's flat is nice, and the armed backup (even if their purpose is to be bullet sponges) is a bit of a help when things get hairy. Besides, what are you gonna spend the money on in this game? Cash is pretty useless in this version.

• _Klebitz_ and StraightEdgeNexus like this

Eks
  • Eks

Cousin, it is your Cousin!

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

I killed PlayBox X. Didn't like his character, I did like his house, though. :D

• r3h4n786, Tomasak, BlackScout and 1 other like this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:12 PM Edited by Nale Dixon, 12 December 2013 - 11:12 PM.

I barely remember this game, but judging by the comments I probably killed Playboy X.

Hghdra
  • Hghdra

Trees talk... But they ain't very interesting

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:53 PM Edited by Hghdra, 13 December 2013 - 12:54 PM.

Playboy X, he was annoying, and essentially used you

• Scotty420 likes this

namor
  • namor

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

It's a shame that you can't play pool in Playboy X's apartment though. That's a nice looking pool table and Niko doesn't have to destroy his lungs in that smoke-filled cafe. Pick Kiki up for a date, take her to Niko's apartment, play a little pool, have a few drinks and make her breakfast in bed the next morning :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

• Colognenigguh and Scotty420 like this

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

bizarro starter kit

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

I tried both, and discovered that killing Dwayne isn't worth it, because then that dumbass X will turn on you anyway and you get nothing out of it. And yeah, Dwayne is annoying, but once he likes you enough, you can call him and he'll send a couple goons to help you out when needed, so I always kill X.

• sqre and kulomet333 like this

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

I missed my own 1 year anniversary! ;_;

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

I took out Playboy. He was a snob douchebag who hated the poor. I like his apartment. (Seriously, I want one like his in GTA:O.)

• BlackScout, Colognenigguh and fefenc like this

ThePantsTent
  • ThePantsTent

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:58 AM

Playboy X was annoying. A fake and hypocritical 'gangster'. Killing him is worth getting the extra safehouse and the 'Claude' outfit.

• BlackScout and GrindingOnDatNRG like this

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:53 AM

I did like Playboy as a character, but I felt many a pity for Dwayne. And I got a free apartment. 

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:29 AM

I always kill Dwayne. After Dwayne and Niko hang out, you can tell Dwayne's living for nothing at all. Niko even begins to get irritated by his constant negativity and every time Dwayne complains, Niko counters that with an even worse situation from Niko's past. They just feed off each others misery. Killing Dwayne is an effective way of getting $20,000 and putting him down before he obliterates himself. Playbox X had ambition, but he had an ego. I felt like killing him would be a waste. I didn't need his apartment, nor am I a charity case for a sucidal ex-con.

• im_stoned and GrindingOnDatNRG like this

albanyave
  • albanyave

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

I can't relate.  Playboy X had a lot more exciting life than Dwayne but I liked Dwayne more.  When it came time to choose, I really didn't have a reason to kill Dwayne.  Playboy on the other hand was down right cold-hearted. 

I did kill Dwayne as a separate sve file just to see what would happen.  It's obvious that Dwayne trusted Niko and thought of him as a good friend since he seemed to be taken by surprise by Niko's actions.  I didn't play that save file after that point.  As a matter of fact, I save over it.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:38 PM Edited by Mr_Leone, 04 January 2014 - 08:38 PM.

Oh yeah, I see your point. You will learn after hanging out with Dwayne a few times his life is worthless. He has no intention to change and putting him down was the right course of action.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:47 AM

Killing Playboy X is a wise decision, you get his mansion with a nice big tv, internet, pool table, spa and Claude's outfit. Plus you get 2 guys to help as backup from Dwayne. It is a wise choice to kill Playboy X because if you kill Dwayne then call Roman, Niko will say to Roman he felt really bad about it.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:50 AM Edited by GtaIvFanboy, 07 January 2014 - 09:52 AM.

there are more Advantages to killing Playboy 

But As Far as the Characters go playboy was ok but an Arrogant Cocksure Prick at the same time and the phone call after you kill dwayne from him is just a slap in the face Dwayne is a good Dude  but i hate how he just  Drowned   in Nothing but Self Pity literally every bit Of Dialogue Was Depressing  so you could look at it as Putting him out of his Misery.

JohnDoe7125539271
  • JohnDoe7125539271

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

I killed Playboy-X because i didn't like him as much as Dwayne, AND you'll get his nice apartment so... it was the right choice i think!

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:21 PM Edited by lol232, 10 July 2014 - 04:06 PM.

Playboy wasn't so much of a person, at least Dwayne had personality,
That's why I popped Playboy, I mean, there aren't so much of properties in GTA IV, yet you actually have an opportunity to get one here, I mean, there's not too much use of money in GTA IV other than weapons, clothing and such.
An apartment, Claude's outfit, a friend that can provide you backup is far superior than 25k.
  • dognuts and Y Λ N K X V like this

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

bizarro starter kit

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

I can't believe I never pondered this before, but after killing X, is it possible to kill Dwayne anyway? Killing npc's isn't usually something I try to do, and many games won't let you anyway. I was just curious if that was the case here. I'd find out but must get ready for work. :-(

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

Best solution is = Kill Playboy X so u get the apartment, but don't hang out with Dwayne at all. He's an asshole and not needed for 100% completion.

• GrindingOnDatNRG likes this

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

Would rather have a sweet penthouse + backup rather than $25k which is pretty useless in this game

Just never hangout with Dwayne, problem solved

• GrindingOnDatNRG and Uncle Vlad like this

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:08 AM Edited by lol232, 23 January 2014 - 12:45 AM.

Would rather have a sweet penthouse + backup rather than $25k which is pretty useless in this game

Just never hangout with Dwayne, problem solved

You must hang out with Dwayne in order to have Backup.

IMO He's not annoying, he's pretty cool.

It's a shame that you can't play pool in Playboy X's apartment though. That's a nice looking pool table and Niko doesn't have to destroy his lungs in that smoke-filled cafe. Pick Kiki up for a date, take her to Niko's apartment, play a little pool, have a few drinks and make her breakfast in bed the next morning :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

You CAN play Pool on that table actually, even in TLaD and TBoGT.

Also; the way Playboy treated others, tried to "cut ties", basically, kill everyone who was good to him before. That would probably mark him as a target to someone else too.
Killing Playboy is an effective way of getting a property and popping a cap in someones ass before anyone else does.
The fact that Dwayne is so lonely, makes me pretty sure as friend Niko kinda makes him less depressed.
  • dognuts likes this

BSD
  • BSD

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

Killing playboy meant his special yellow patriot, his safehouse (which is not ideally placed but definitely the best looking in the game), the awesome claude outfit & ability to have gangster back up. All you get for killing Dwayne is money, which is pointless in IV since there's nothing to spend it on. No brainer for me.

Sure Dwayne is lame, but after I hang out with him to the point I can call his gangsters as back up, I just ignore him

PeriodZeroHero
  • PeriodZeroHero

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:36 AM

Dwayne is a homie bruh.

tumblr_m7ykx4zX241rxe2jbo1_500_zps03bdf0

• MitchMaljers, GrindingOnDatNRG and truxton like this

Nowdrivefaster
  • Nowdrivefaster

Obsessed with TBOGT

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:27 PM Edited by Nowdrivefaster, 07 February 2014 - 10:24 AM.

I ended up to kill Dwayne and my Brother didn't think that was a good decision: "You f***ing moron! What were you thinkin' when you killed Dwayne! That Playboy X is a complete motherf****r and you would have got his mansion!"

Next time I will kill Playboy X :evilgrin:

Edit: Yesterday I started to play IV from the beginning again. Playboy X, prepare for the death!!

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:15 AM

Dwayne.

He may be a miserable f*cker but I'd rather be friends with him than a big headed prick like Playboy :lol:

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

As sh*tty a friend Dwayne is, a permanent reward of a house and Claude's outfit will always trump a useless 20 grand in a game that gives you no use for your money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users