Photo

Online hold out

21 replies to this topic
beavis55
  • beavis55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:27 AM

I've yet to understand the hype and appeal of GTA:O. I grew up playing GTA solo and I intend to keep it that way. I want to play GTA without internet, i dont want to be a part of a social club, and i dont want a phone app to add more gameplay.

R* spent a lot of time in GTA5 making fun of COD and its online business practices but it seems like R* wants GTA to follow the same path. Giving us an incomplete game and completing it with lots of DLC and patches.

I really hope GTA:O burns in flames so SP will get the attention it deserves. 

• UltraGizmo64 and AlexL like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

Even if I agree that some features Online has could have easly been in SP, it's not incomplete at all.

All the random encounters, dialogues, different ways to do some missions, multiple endings, detailed world, activities, customization, I could go on.

It's far from incomplete.

• IveGotNoValues and CanOdope like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:56 AM

Game devs ignoring online is like artists and bands ignoring iTunes. They are just keeping up with the times.

• zzmorg82 and blakeney like this

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:56 AM

Unfortunately, it doesn't have everything he WANTED, so it MUST be broken/incomplete.

/sarcasm

Herbiehunter
  • Herbiehunter

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:59 AM

yeah why do I have to get an online pass to train Chop??

They could have installed it on the disk no?

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:49 AM Edited by CarimboHanky, 01 December 2013 - 03:53 AM.

yeah why do I have to get an online pass to train Chop??
They could have installed it on the disk no?

what benefits do we get by "training" chops?

i have the app since it when live on the appstore and training chop is no game changer.

to OP no one is forcing you to play GTAO or to download the companion app, i love gta sp, heck i have been playing gta since it inception but the future of gaming is online.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:12 AM

I've yet to understand the hype and appeal of GTA:O. I grew up playing GTA solo and I intend to keep it that way. I want to play GTA without internet, i dont want to be a part of a social club, and i dont want a phone app to add more gameplay.

:^: You have said it, brother.  I didn't ask for any of those things either. 

Not only is the GTA0 / Social Club trend not the same game as what GTA has been, it manages to combine the worst aspects of both into a vicious, pointless, online anarchy zone, without adding any actual useful social function except kids screaming racist insults at each other through the headset.  :bored:

If Rockstar had figured out how to structure either or both of these elements into a positive, coherent hugely-subscribed MMO crime game framework, they might have created a bold new direction.  But that would be a very, very big undertaking, which is much more complex and huge in scale, than Rockstar or almost any company is able to achieve. 

seVensantos
  • seVensantos

citizen of san andreas

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:04 AM

If Rockstar had figured out how to structure either or both of these elements into a positive, coherent hugely-subscribed MMO crime game framework, they might have created a bold new direction.

best discussion topic of the day. :cookie: 

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

If Rockstar had figured out how to structure either or both of these elements into a positive, coherent hugely-subscribed MMO crime game framework, they might have created a bold new direction.

best discussion topic of the day. :cookie: 

I can't help but wonder if that's going to be the aim of gta 6.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:03 AM

You can prevent that if you stop supporting Rockstar, they will see that they lose money with this online crap and *hopefully* drop it.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

You can prevent that if you stop supporting Rockstar, they will see that they lose money with this online crap and *hopefully* drop it.

I like GTA online though and would love to see a real mmo GTA.

It'd be the end of an era if single player gets dropped or continues to be watered down but maybe we can have the best of both worlds if R* has seperate divisions working on two projects: a game in the HD universe and a game in the Online universe.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

What exactly is the online missing that everyone wants? Yes more houses, yes heists, yes more missions, yes more this more that.... but is it lacking anything fundamentally that cannot be added in dlc? 

I only get a few nights a week to dedicate to GTA and I choose online most of the time... and when I am playing online I am overwhelmed.... its not like "Oh look another scripted mission to progress the story" like every other GTA in history.... 

No.. IF you f*ckEN WATCH YOUR sh*t AND PLAY SMART you wont die in free roam... just avoid the glitchers and griefers.. the majority of the people playing online are cool... trust me.. if you put it out there that everyone is a dick.. you will get that energy back... try going into online and put it out there that everyone is like you... on the defense... so if you could reach out and communicate.. you can boom get cooperation.... it requires having a mic or perhaps a simple text over the phone.... 

But really, I log in and boom a mission hits me, now I think... time to put together a crew.... I go around talking to people in free roam asking them if they are interested in this mission... After some driving around.. communication... and picking people up in my Felon I start the mission and boom everyone is on the same page... now we have time to smoke a fat dab and plan out the mission. We complete the mission and bam we see a bounty in free roam.... now we are in competition... going for that f*cken red dot... driving madly at it shooting at each other...  ect... goes on... always something to do... even sitting in my apartment getting high before the next mission.... 

So I ask again.. what is really lacking that cannot be added in with a simple dlc... free or $$... the world itself is crazy in every aspect... 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

Unfortunately, it doesn't have everything he WANTED, so it MUST be broken/incomplete.

/sarcasm

Sadly though, this is how most people around here's brains work. 

"I wanted [xxxxxxx] but [xxxxxxx] isn't in the game, so the game is broken. Despite the fact that literally millions of people aren't freaking out about this not being in the game. There is absolutely no chance in this world that I am the one that has a problem here. It HAS TO BE THE GAME"

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

I'm not giving up on R* completely yet, but I'm getting there. However, I refuse to buy any DLC that isn't actually an expansion pack like TBoGT...but hell, that's with any game.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

I'm not giving up on R* completely yet, but I'm getting there. However, I refuse to buy any DLC that isn't actually an expansion pack like TBoGT...but hell, that's with any game.

Yeah, TBOGT and TLAD were actual DLC's not Disk Locked Content like they do now...

• bish0p2004 likes this

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

Yeah, TBOGT and TLAD were actual DLC's not Disk Locked Content like they do now...

I'd like to see that stuff you're talking about, everyone in the forum will thank you very much if you do

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:43 PM

I'd like to see that stuff you're talking about, everyone in the forum will thank you very much if you do

See what?

beavis55
  • beavis55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:25 AM Edited by beavis55, 02 December 2013 - 12:26 AM.

/sarcasm

can you read? im simply upset that R* is favoring online this time around. yeah thats cool you want to bring GTA in a new direction but dont screw over the loyal singleplayers that made R* what it is today. some patches/tweaks and some free DLC for singleplayer would be nice. 

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:31 AM Edited by AtomicPunk, 02 December 2013 - 12:32 AM.

Game devs ignoring online is like artists and bands ignoring iTunes. They are just keeping up with the times.

While I think this is somewhat true, I think that R* should focus on Single Player first, and foremost. Then, focus on the online stuff. I think R* should start from the ground up with online. They need to listen to what MP people say about most MP games; Like what works and what doesn't. There is a way to make MP fun and addictive, not just the same ol' tired crap over and over. We're playing together, give us cool stuff to do together. Don't just make MP for the sake of making MP.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:40 AM Edited by Red XIII, 02 December 2013 - 01:42 AM.

Errgh why

R* spent a lot of time in GTA5 making fun of COD and its online business practices but it seems like R* wants GTA to follow the same path. Giving us an incomplete game and completing it with lots of DLC and patches.

How is Rockstar following COD? First off, DLC isn't a bad thing and would you rather rockstar didn't release any patches at all?

I fail to understand how GTAV was incomplete?

ScreenSavior
  • ScreenSavior

The opposite of swag.

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

For TL;DR people, here's what this thread is.

Another online-hating asshat yelling on the forums for attention.

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:31 AM

See what?
The locked stuff you're talking about, I'd appreciate it if you posted some proof about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users