GTA V Online: Ideas On An Apocalypse

50 replies to this topic
Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:08 AM

Seeing as how they have added some "Alien" easter eggs into the SP it would be cool if they could incorporate it as some sort of giant conspiracy apocalypse sort of thing.

SemperJ550
  • SemperJ550

"Coming for You"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:14 AM Edited by Semperfiman550, 28 January 2014 - 03:15 AM.

Not a zombie apocalypse, ALIENS! They seem to be a common theme in this game and there is already a model for them as well as for their ships and means of combat. It practically sets itself up! Zombies though... no.. please no! not again.

iheartlondon1969
  • iheartlondon1969

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:25 AM

zombies? no thats what the last of us is for.. ALIENS on the other hand would be fuking epic!! theres already ufo's in this game. plus if they can make it snow for a day or two im sure they can make aliens attack for a day or two just like the strangers and freaks missions.

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:27 AM

It wouldnt be too hard to add the aliens. There are already NPC's and to movie studios dressed as aliens. Just make them so they spawn everywhere and act like the sentinel driver.

Sangers
  • Sangers

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:46 AM

It's not going to happen so just let it go and spend your time thinking of idea that could possibily be in the same.

If you want Zombies then go play The Walking Dead or RDR but leave Zombies and all that crap out of GTA...

I think I speak for the majority when I say

WE DO NOT WANT IT HERE!!

Judging by the responses on this thread, you are not speaking for the majority.

This would be a good DLC. I would pay for it. It just has to be a game mode and you can play it if you want.

• Canibitch likes this

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:08 AM

I think

Well there's the problem.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:12 AM

Saint's Row is doing this, but whatever. I guess you don't want to buy Saint's Row. I mean, seriously, it has zombies AND aliens, and the point of the game is to do stupid stuff. It's mindless fun at your disposal. Nobody would be mad that you buy Saint's Row. Don't be elitist.

As for GTA? Zombies, no. Aliens, yes. The alien conspiracy has been around, so you might as well make something out of it.

• bootswitdafur likes this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:00 AM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 28 January 2014 - 05:00 AM.

Something based on the movie thing you see in the gun shop:

0_0.jpg

Also, zombies. But zombies as in Resident Evil 1/2 and very limited ammo. Talking about PSx games here, not those retarded Resident Evil movies.

Ros
  • Ros

Winterfell Royalty

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

This would be amazing.

Aliens have invaded Los Santos. You + all the other players spawn in a survivor camp out in the desert with limited weapons. City is destroyed. A self-proclaimed leader of the camp will go out into the city with volunteers to scavenge for supplies to bring back for everyone...

Lots of potential. All the other scenarios posted here sound great, as well.

Might also be more interesting if you had only one life so volunteering for the group would be more dangerous. If you die, perhaps you can spectate the rest of the session? Would probably be boring for dead players to just watch... then again, it's just a thought.

• Canibitch likes this

Oldman_Jenkins
  • Oldman_Jenkins

I'm glad I gave up farming

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

This would be amazing.

Aliens have invaded Los Santos. You + all the other players spawn in a survivor camp out in the desert with limited weapons. City is destroyed. A self-proclaimed leader of the camp will go out into the city with volunteers to scavenge for supplies to bring back for everyone...

Might also be more interesting if you had only one life so volunteering for the group would be more dangerous. If you die, perhaps you can spectate the rest of the session? Would probably be boring for dead players to just watch... then again, it's just a thought.

This is just a simplified version of what I said...

Ros
  • Ros

Winterfell Royalty

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

This would be amazing.

This is just a simplified version of what I said...

Apologies. I tend to quickly skim through thread posts...

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

It's a Massacromance

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

What about an Earthquake and Flood apocalypse? LS is based of Los Angeles After All 

• EmCakes likes this

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

Not read the thread but all your ideas are dumb

• Ylerion likes this

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

Red dead redemption: undead nightmare was fun.

What it the mask would had been stolen in the present time instead of 1911?

I seriously think it would be worse because of the unbelivable amount of peoples. That's why it would be awesome.

EmCakes
  • EmCakes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

Okay, so here's my idea.

Aliens start making more appearences in Blaine County (the country-side). These include UFO sightings, mysterious figures found in the forests and on Mt. Chiliad, etc. Now, basically, Fort Zancudo would be like Area 51 in this situation and try to keep this under wraps. Later on, there are UFO sightings in the sky viewable above Los Santos and Blaine County. Now this is where it gets interesting...

The aliens in the UFO's start shooting and attacking the city, damaging buildings and knocking them down. You then get one of the cars from your garage, or steal a car, and then be required to drive through the city dodging people and buildings falling down (Sort of like in "2012"). You can get out of the city either way (car, boat, plane, helicopter, etc). Then you can take refuge somewhere in the countryside where you meet with random players. This will be your 'crew' for now.

Now this is will be like a mixture of Battle: Los Angeles; The Walking Dead, and other post-apocolyptic movies. You will be aloud to steal from others 'crews' camps and take food, medicine and other supplies, or you can risk going into the city and going to stores and other places to get supplies. If you go into the city, you make get extra RP or cash or any other reward for rescuing any survivors. If you go into the city, there is also the risk of aliens (of-course) and maybe some other foreign life-forms that have taken over.

If you decide to take over other camps, there is the possibility that you will get killed by the people at those camps. If you are killed in this situation, you will be respawned in the city in a building and one of your members will have to come rescue you.

For this, I would recommend taking an offroad vehicle when escaping the city (mostly to give it that post-apocolyptic vibe) and just incase you have to go into the mountains for reasons.

Oh, I almost forgot. There could be secrets hidden in the forrest and mountains that lead to more knowledge of the aliens and how to "conquer" them. Finding these secrers could lead to an RP boost for the crew, an free crate of supplies, more weapons, and other goodies.

Well? What do you guys think?

I really like this. Thanks for the detail and enthusiasm. It's always great to read post like this.
I really love the respawn after death idea. Makes one more careful to survive. This could really work.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:00 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 31 January 2014 - 04:01 PM.

zombies are boring

and there aren't enough NPC's online to make it interesting

3 random zombies on every street is not enough to make it challenging or interesting

and aliens are possibly even more stupid

the alien scenes in SP were really out of place and obviously catering to the crazy saint's row crowd who cried about gta 4 being too serious

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tommy

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

Have you been on DayZ or watched someone play DayZ? It's boring as f*ck and something good only happens every blue moon.

Mr. BROver
  • Mr. BROver

An offer you can't refuse.

• Members
  • India

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

My idea:

The government should declare a lockdown and shut out Los Santos and Blaine County.No getting in, no getting out. This will put Mechanics like eating,drinking, basically surviving like in DayZ.
(The lockdown idea is thanks to the Simpson: The Movie.) The military will patrol the streets, etc blah blah.

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

I missed my own 1 year anniversary! ;_;

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

We need apes to take over the human race!

Just skip to 0:34.

SilentMase
  • SilentMase

Knights of Badassdom Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

Gotta be Romero zombies.  Slow, dumb, and plenty of them. 

captainhowdy22
  • captainhowdy22

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

Play fallout or something. They completely ruined one of their games already with a zombie DLC.

Took the words right out of my mouth... play fallout lol

Play fallout or something. They completely ruined one of their games already with a zombie DLC.

Took the words right out of my mouth... play fallout lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users