Photo

GTA V Online: Ideas On An Apocalypse

50 replies to this topic
EmCakes
  • EmCakes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:56 PM

First, I'd like to say: To those who think the idea of zombie apocalypse games has gotten "old," - shut up it's still awesome. Any post to the contrary will be delightfully ignored.

Now, I'm completely flexible to wether its zombies or something else, but what I'm really dying for is an apocalypse at all. The city in ruins, the need to scavenge for supplies, food and fuel, and a common enemy.

What do you guys think could be make an apocalypse themed dlc awesome? Let's discuss and exchange ideas.

: )
  • Ros likes this

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:27 PM

Pennywise.jpg

Clowns.

Murderous, horrifically violent, syphilitic Clowns.

• JoeMamma likes this

tomaukz
  • tomaukz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

Pennywise.jpg

Clowns.

no, please no, not a Pennywise Apocalypse

OpenWorld23
  • OpenWorld23

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

I'm thinking an alien invasion could work. they could make it like war of the worlds or something. It would also be a good excuse to use or see more tanks and fighter jets in action. Besides there's already evidence of aliens throughout the story and on the map.

a 3 legged pony
  • a 3 legged pony

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

Play fallout or something. They completely ruined one of their games already with a zombie DLC.

• Gantons Most Wanted likes this

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:53 PM

Pennywise.jpg

Clowns.

Awww, don't ya wannit Georgie boy? There's balloons, all colours, they float too :) 

Yeah, it would freak me out. Apparently Tim Curry spent nearly all the time in full makeup and in full character while they were filming.

Thats why Noooo one went anywhere the f*ck near him.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

I'm thinking an alien invasion could work. they could make it like war of the worlds or something. It would also be a good excuse to use or see more tanks and fighter jets in action. Besides there's already evidence of aliens throughout the story and on the map.

That would be way more awesome than zombies. The apocalypse thing is awesome, but I'm so sick of zombies

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

How many games provide an open-world zombie experience that GTA could provide?

RDR doesn't count, due to the two games being very different.

Dexter Rattlehead
  • Dexter Rattlehead

The Dark Passenger

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:28 AM Edited by Dexter Rattlehead, 22 January 2014 - 08:30 AM.

I love it. I've been wanting zombies in this game. I made a thread the other day about which two vehicles you'd use in a zombie apocalypse in gta v. For people who say that zombies is pointless in GTA because it would ruin the credibility of realism in the game needs to seriously play the games again. A zombie apocalypse is completely possible, even in real life. They don't necessarily have to be supernatural from-the-grave zombies. They can be flesh-eating humans due to a virus. In the game, there are many hints that tease us that may lead to a zombie apocalypse. 

-The nuclear warhead stolen by Trevor in the game from Merryweather.

-The "zombie outbreaks" files in Lester's house.

-The nerve toxin stolen by Michael and the FIB  from the Humane Research Lab.

-The Ammu-Nation radio commercial that says "The apocalypse is coming," "can almost guarantee a real apocalypse," "when a million zombies come running over the hills."

-A radio commercial in the game mentions a hand sanitizer with flesh eating bacteria.

-Vinewood Zombie

-The fact that Red Dead Redemption is in the same universe at GTAV may be a sign that the zombies from Undead Nightmare might have something to do with this zombie apocalypse (wild guess) (Inside Franklin's home in Vinewood there is a book on the shelf called "Red Dead" by J. Marston, John Marston's son Jack)

Zombies would definitely be a huge win. Ever heard of a game called Day Z? It's a huge open world game where players have to scavenge for supplies in a zombie apocalyptic world.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

I've always wondered what R* would make of a Fallout-like setting. I think it's fair to expect that it would be brilliant. 

Preferably without zombies, please. 

• Deathmaker158 likes this

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

The Motorcycle Mercenary

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

Play fallout or something. They completely ruined one of their games already with a zombie DLC.

Undead Nightmare was great, get better taste in entertainment media. It wouldn't work in GTA, though.

• Deathmaker158, Dementious, BurningChrome and 1 other like this

ZakeBudek
  • ZakeBudek

As elusive as Robert Denby.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

Why's it always gotta be zombies or clowns? Just have all hell break loose and the regular citizens are all more aggressive and unpredictable (constantly behaving like when they hear gun shots), or even have the military patrol through streets and you can attack or hide. Zombies and clowns don't make it more interesting.

• BurningChrome likes this

REXX93
  • REXX93

QUATREX Special Operations Unit

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

I think and Apocalypse mode for Single player and online is quite a good idea. Ok, so zombies are old fashioned, really I wouldn't mind having zombies or simillar "creatures" to survive against. Los Santos could be completely destroyed with very few "working" vehicles and a new safehouse maybe. There are loads of ways an apocalypse could happen, as mentioned above. In my opinion, an apocalypse mode simillar to the film "I am Legend" would be great!
  • medodido likes this

gagemb9918
  • gagemb9918

It's the Albanian rozzers!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:38 AM

Okay, so here's my idea.

Aliens start making more appearences in Blaine County (the country-side). These include UFO sightings, mysterious figures found in the forests and on Mt. Chiliad, etc. Now, basically, Fort Zancudo would be like Area 51 in this situation and try to keep this under wraps. Later on, there are UFO sightings in the sky viewable above Los Santos and Blaine County. Now this is where it gets interesting...

The aliens in the UFO's start shooting and attacking the city, damaging buildings and knocking them down. You then get one of the cars from your garage, or steal a car, and then be required to drive through the city dodging people and buildings falling down (Sort of like in "2012"). You can get out of the city either way (car, boat, plane, helicopter, etc). Then you can take refuge somewhere in the countryside where you meet with random players. This will be your 'crew' for now.

Now this is will be like a mixture of Battle: Los Angeles; The Walking Dead, and other post-apocolyptic movies. You will be aloud to steal from others 'crews' camps and take food, medicine and other supplies, or you can risk going into the city and going to stores and other places to get supplies. If you go into the city, you make get extra RP or cash or any other reward for rescuing any survivors. If you go into the city, there is also the risk of aliens (of-course) and maybe some other foreign life-forms that have taken over.

If you decide to take over other camps, there is the possibility that you will get killed by the people at those camps. If you are killed in this situation, you will be respawned in the city in a building and one of your members will have to come rescue you.

For this, I would recommend taking an offroad vehicle when escaping the city (mostly to give it that post-apocolyptic vibe) and just incase you have to go into the mountains for reasons.

Oh, I almost forgot. There could be secrets hidden in the forrest and mountains that lead to more knowledge of the aliens and how to "conquer" them. Finding these secrers could lead to an RP boost for the crew, an free crate of supplies, more weapons, and other goodies.

Well? What do you guys think?
  • Ros, medodido and Canibitch like this

R0guePlayer
  • R0guePlayer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:02 AM

I think an apocalypse setting with gta would be a great idea. Maybe have another country nuke Los Santos or something.  The Mike, Franklin, and Trevor have to make a contraption of some sort to get out. These ideas are genius btw.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

Forgive me for being confused, but I thought GTA0 free-roam is exactly the apocalypse DLC.  Mindless assholes running around killing everything that moves.  :p

I was glad this apocalypse DLC was free, and when I started getting billions of dollars, I liked it even better.  :^:

• Yogogamer likes this

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

Pedestrians riot, anyone?

• Headdogg81 and xNinjaStarfishx like this

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

^ This....

medodido
  • medodido

Want To Be Troll Champion

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

Okay, so here's my idea.

Aliens start making more appearences in Blaine County (the country-side). These include UFO sightings, mysterious figures found in the forests and on Mt. Chiliad, etc. Now, basically, Fort Zancudo would be like Area 51 in this situation and try to keep this under wraps. Later on, there are UFO sightings in the sky viewable above Los Santos and Blaine County. Now this is where it gets interesting...

The aliens in the UFO's start shooting and attacking the city, damaging buildings and knocking them down. You then get one of the cars from your garage, or steal a car, and then be required to drive through the city dodging people and buildings falling down (Sort of like in "2012"). You can get out of the city either way (car, boat, plane, helicopter, etc). Then you can take refuge somewhere in the countryside where you meet with random players. This will be your 'crew' for now.

Now this is will be like a mixture of Battle: Los Angeles; The Walking Dead, and other post-apocolyptic movies. You will be aloud to steal from others 'crews' camps and take food, medicine and other supplies, or you can risk going into the city and going to stores and other places to get supplies. If you go into the city, you make get extra RP or cash or any other reward for rescuing any survivors. If you go into the city, there is also the risk of aliens (of-course) and maybe some other foreign life-forms that have taken over.

If you decide to take over other camps, there is the possibility that you will get killed by the people at those camps. If you are killed in this situation, you will be respawned in the city in a building and one of your members will have to come rescue you.

For this, I would recommend taking an offroad vehicle when escaping the city (mostly to give it that post-apocolyptic vibe) and just incase you have to go into the mountains for reasons.

Oh, I almost forgot. There could be secrets hidden in the forrest and mountains that lead to more knowledge of the aliens and how to "conquer" them. Finding these secrers could lead to an RP boost for the crew, an free crate of supplies, more weapons, and other goodies.

This, this is golden. Too bad R* will never care about all of the great ideas, lying around these forums. Just waiting for someone to shed the light on them.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:17 AM

Pennywise.jpg

Clowns.

Yes! That'd be some freaky sh*t

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:19 AM

I can see something along the lines of rioting and civil war with npc's going ape-sh*t, but zombies or aliens, doubtful it would ever happen. Don't get me wrong, I prefer the zombie mode on CoD over the rest of the game, but I just don't see it working on GTA. Not only that, but they can barely keep it running as is, let alone configuring the map to be a war torn post-apocalyptic wasteland, tall order if you ask me.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:20 AM Edited by MantisFang, 28 January 2014 - 01:21 AM.

See Fallout 3..

apply multiplayer

fallout3_1_lg.jpg

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:20 AM

Why's it always gotta be zombies or clowns? Just have all hell break loose and the regular citizens are all more aggressive and unpredictable (constantly behaving like when they hear gun shots), or even have the military patrol through streets and you can attack or hide. Zombies and clowns don't make it more interesting.

Make it like The Crazies and have there be a crashed jumbo jet or something that released toxins into the water supply, making everyone psychotic killers.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:23 AM

Wait for the PC version. Then mod it and have zombies + Jumps Jumps Jumps + Prison Thugz Fight all day long.

I loved the Christmas bonus, wouldn't mind if they did that on a few more occasions, so zombies could be fun for a haloween or something. Not sure I'd want it to be all the time though.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:24 AM

Don't cha want it?

pennywise-pond.gif

Happy_Killstick
  • Happy_Killstick

Clumsy_Foxstick

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:17 AM

Okay, so here's my idea.

No offense but go play Saints Row IV if you want that, they destroyed the game with that shiet and i don't want it to happen to GTA  :/

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:32 AM

Meh, I'm not too hot under the collar for a zombie DLC. Not that I think it would suck, it's just that I don't really care for it.

But hey, if it's executed right then I might give it a go. It just seems a bit out of sync with the whole GTA thing, and I personally always found the RDR zombie DLC a bit weird to begin with. Don;t get me wrong, I love me some zombie games and films, but the mechanics of GTA + zombie always seems to me like a weird mix.

But like I said, if they make it work then why the hell not.

Wrath049
  • Wrath049

Player Lover

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:34 AM Edited by Wrath049, 28 January 2014 - 02:34 AM.

First, I'd like to say: To those who think the idea of zombie apocalypse games has gotten "old," - shut up it's still awesome. Any post to the contrary will be delightfully ignored.

Now, I'm completely flexible to wether its zombies or something else, but what I'm really dying for is an apocalypse at all. The city in ruins, the need to scavenge for supplies, food and fuel, and a common enemy.

What do you guys think could be make an apocalypse themed dlc awesome? Let's discuss and exchange ideas.

: )

Nothing says apocalypse more than a bunch of ruthless individuals shooting down everyone on sight.

Pretty sure we're already there.

• saintsrow likes this

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:44 AM

How many games provide an open-world zombie experience that GTA could provide?

RDR doesn't count, due to the two games being very different.

There are tons of settings that I think would be amazing to experience with a Rockstar game world.

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:52 AM

It's not going to happen so just let it go and spend your time thinking of idea that could possibily be in the same.

If you want Zombies then go play The Walking Dead or RDR but leave Zombies and all that crap out of GTA...

I think I speak for the majority when I say

WE DO NOT WANT IT HERE!!

• Guelah Papyrus likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users