RDR online vs GTA online

40 replies to this topic
tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

Which one entertains you more? I didn't really play RDR online but it definitely wasn't as organized as GTA. It was fun hunting legendary animals. No answer for me.

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:04 PM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 30 November 2013 - 04:09 PM.

For me it goes.. GTAV>RDR>GTAIV..

GTA IV was basically a griefer's paradise to me, ALL you could do for the most part was grief other players. (I played it but didn't really enjoy it nearly as much as RDR and GTAV)

RDR gave you more things to do.

GTA V added even more stuff to do.

Regardless you're always gonna have people with the GTA IV mentality no matter which game, I know.

• Metal Slime likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:09 PM Edited by Vooodu, 30 November 2013 - 04:10 PM.

Which one entertains you more? I didn't really play RDR online but it definitely wasn't as organized as GTA. It was fun hunting legendary animals. No answer for me.

I personally think GTA V is the worst organized game R* has put on out this gen.

-Free Aim is hidden and needs to be changed offline.

-All game play modes are split based off 3 different AIM modes..Even races?

-Co-op jobs are hidden under missions.  And missions are combined with Death Matches.  Making if very annoying when trying to find co-op games.

..Arhh, il just stop....lol

#CHROMESWAGGER
  • #CHROMESWAGGER

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

2055235-oh_look_its_this_thread_again.jp

• Relax_and_Get_High likes this

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

RDR online but it definitely wasn't as organized as GTA.

are you mentally challenged? Red dead had the best party system in a rockstar game ever! Being able to create crews with a click of a button! Spawning to leader location, and hoping free roam servers with the leader! Gta 5 us just a mess and its confusing why they didn't have this party system!
  • LancerG2 likes this

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

For me it goes.. GTAV>RDR>GTAIV..

GTA IV was basically a griefer's paradise to me, ALL you could do for the most part was grief other players. (I played it but didn't really enjoy it nearly as much as RDR and GTAV)

RDR gave you more things to do.

GTA V added even more stuff to do.

Regardless you're always gonna have people with the GTA IV mentality no matter which game, I know.

gta 4 at least had friendly fire servers, which discourages the trolls to an extent

Darkclox
  • Darkclox

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

GTA 4 online sucked dick

Mac4167
  • Mac4167

Carolina Born and Bread

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

I'll say it again. GTAO has only been online for 2 months. You cannot compare these games that have been out for years to one that has just released. You already can do more in this game than both GTA IV and RDR.

Be patient and you will see this game exceed all expectations if you guys just stop bitching and wait.

Damn, we got ONE FREE DLC!
  • codename_duchess likes this

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

RDR online but it definitely wasn't as organized as GTA.

are you mentally challenged? Red dead had the best party system in a rockstar game ever! Being able to create crews with a click of a button! Spawning to leader location, and hoping free roam servers with the leader! Gta 5 us just a mess and its confusing why they didn't have this party system!

This. I never was into online gaming until I played RDR. I loved how it was set out, it was perfect. You could do what you want when you want, I'm talking about the matches screen on the side. It was all listed so neatly. Hardcore free roam, gang matches, hardcore free for all, co-op ect you get the point
  • blackwolfred likes this

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

I still don't know why they had no friendly fire servers, maybe rockstar thought that the "bad sport" system would encourage people to play nice? LOL at rockstar if they did
  • Soulchild likes this

Governator
  • Governator

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

I'll say it again. GTAO has only been online for 2 months. You cannot compare these games that have been out for years to one that has just released. You already can do more in this game than both GTA IV and RDR.

Be patient and you will see this game exceed all expectations if you guys just stop bitching and wait.

Damn, we got ONE FREE DLC!

I think the 2 month year old RDR online was more fun. For one it wasn't plagued with glitchers and bugs. I think GTAO will become better than RDR online, but not for a long while. As for GTA IV online, modders actually made that fun.

• M210F likes this

crashhat69
  • crashhat69

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:38 PM Edited by crashhat69, 30 November 2013 - 05:40 PM.

tbh i never played rdr mp until i got gta v. im starting to regret not playing it when i had the chance. i went on one day and there was only one other person playing.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

Alright fine, RDR after 2 months vs GTA:O after 2 months. Debate.

• PlamenVT likes this

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

Gta IV was pretty fun online.

JLOCCThaGangsta
  • JLOCCThaGangsta

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

gta v online hands down

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:08 PM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 30 November 2013 - 07:10 PM.

To me its:

GTA V > GTA IV > Red Dead Redemption

GTA V: Although it has a lot of problems at the moment, I think this is the better of the two simply because (to me) there's a lot more to do. Survivals, Races, Street Races, Tennis, Golf, Movies, Tattoo's, Haircuts, Houses, Garages, Shops to rob, Arm wrestling, Darts, Missions. Then you have the roleplaying aspects. Tbh, I DO look at GTAOnline as a "GTA IV free roam with more stuff to do", and I'll admit right NOW it doesn't make that much of an improvement - but it still expands on the GTA IV multiplayer, so you still get more than before. But to me, does that necessarily have to be a bad thing? I loved IV, I love V just as much.

GTA IV: I found it to be the "base", or where GTA Multiplayer really started (I don't count SA Multi, or Vice City multi, as really where it started. I've played it. And it sucks to me lol. But that's personal preference). The free-roam was awesome.

Red Dead Redemption: I LOVED the Red Dead Redemption story line. One of my favorites in any Rockstar game. But when multiplayer came, it just felt dull. I think to me the story is what made RDR an amazing game. Running around on my horse all day killing people just wasn't fun, and not to mention the maps were HUGEEEE so if you wanted to kill someone all the way in the other side of the map it'd take literally forever. You can't really say that about GTA since....well...helicopters, lol. Nonetheless, they were all amazing and I'm looking forward to RDR2 if Rockstar is willing to make one.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

There is a little Rancho with some stables...

possible future HORSIE dlc?/????

please god i pray

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:13 PM Edited by Vooodu, 30 November 2013 - 07:14 PM.

GTA 4 had better racing..    The driving mechanics and weight of cars where better.  The ability to set traffic from parked, low, medium and high was great.    N GTA V traffic is either ON or OFF and it can spawn maybe a few cars OR traffic jam with tractors..lol

Also, when you raced you where not dealt 1 or NO races next race through some silly voting options part menu.

Red Dead had better death matches and shooting (Free aim).   GTA V feels so clunky and the kill streak/death streak screen flashes are lame.   Also, in GTA 4 the host could set what kind of death match it was as in pistols only.

Born_Homicidal
  • Born_Homicidal

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:47 AM Edited by Born_Homicidal, 16 January 2014 - 04:32 AM.

RDR hands down when it came to Hardcore free aim!!

you could actually roam the entire map without being chased by douche bags with adders, and sticky bombs, or let alone endless amounts of tanks.

Sure there were people who killed eachother all the time but that game was more of a shoot me first ill kill you kind of game, meaning that people would literally ride up to you and leave you alone if you didn't shoot at them.

the Dots/blips were the best, you could have your posse color and other people and posse's would have their color pop up on the screen, in GTA 5 (cant say anything about gta 4 since I didn't get that into it) literally sucks ass when it comes to player vs player interaction. everyones blip is white, everyone drives super cars (where you cant shoot from behind) as they throw nothing but sticky bombs all day.. oh you accidently killed your friends friend or crew member??!?! sh*t you better add him or let alone add everyone in that crew or join it even if you don't want to just so you guys don't accidently kill one another. ITS PATHETIC...

RDR wins hands down when it comes to the free roam life/aspect of the game. Also I was deep into the whole crew vs crew thing and RDR was great for it, could literally play for hours, GTA 5 makes me sleep everytime I hop into a game.

lol don't even get me started with the cops in gta 5 who will chase you for literally everything you do.

• M210F likes this

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:58 AM

Things I miss from RDR:

-Posse system (it could've probably been coupled with the crew and friends system already in place)

-Freeroam classifications (expert/casual/passive; if matchmaking worked in RDR, it could work in the much bigger GTAV)

-Matchmaking which actually worked

-screwing around (extends to GTAIV as well) without being punished

-Constantly gaining points (1 RP for killing a civilian, 5 for killing a law officer made freeroam 10x better because it encouraged standoffs; now all we're encouraged to do is piss off Ft. Zancudo then fly away ASAP to get our measly 400rp)

-Wanted system in general (Line of sight was similar, but didn't take 3 hours to lose, and you could shoot more than 1 person without getting a wanted level)

-The map (RDR's map would show you the names of individual POIs, whereas GTAV's map gives you virtually no information at all on landmarks)

-24/7 gang hideouts (gang attacks aren't bad by any means, but I miss being able to grind gang hideouts)

-Not smacking people in the head when trying to reload

-The big fort with the cannons that everyone held up against the Federales in or some kind of equivalent (Ft. Redneck, anyone?)

Things which I felt were notable improvements:

-Addition of the crew system (sadly at the cost of the posse system)

-More gang hideouts/attacks

-Shooting

-Character customization

• SecludedMemory and PlamenVT like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:03 AM

GTA IV > RDR > GTAV

This also applies to single player as well.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:04 AM Edited by SecludedMemory, 16 January 2014 - 04:27 AM.

-Posse system (it could've probably been coupled with the crew and friends system already in place)

-Freeroam classifications (expert/casual/passive; if matchmaking worked in RDR, it could work in the much bigger GTAV)

-Matchmaking which actually worked

-screwing around without being punished

These are all things that I think they'll figure out and add in by version 1.50. I ran out of space on my friends list a long time ago and a posse system would be nice. I think I'll check out RDR later tonight, maybe a lot of people will be on because of the maintenance. 

• M210F likes this

ryd3r007
  • ryd3r007

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:35 AM

For me:

Online: RDR=GTAV>GTA IV

Storyline: RDR>GTA IV>GTA V

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:49 AM

Never played RDR online. could barely make it half way through the story mode before I never played the game again.  RDR is the most overrated game..... right up there with GTA IV and Batman Arkham City

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

we r in daynga ov bing shwomped by muslims™

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:50 AM

GTA Online>Saints Row The Third Online.

Haven't experienced GTA 4 MP & RDR MP although I have both games.

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:49 AM

RDR online was fun, GTAIV was fun, but GTAV has Jets... 

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:50 AM

it was fun

horses run fast

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

big boss

• The Yakuza
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:51 AM

it was fun

horses run fast

zebras run faster

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:52 AM

Red Dead was fun. Undead Nightmare was the greatest DLC of all time.

Coop was unique and the Free Aim (Hardcore) PvP was amazing, right up to the point the servers took a massive sh*t and forgot to wipe.

Still say they erred in adding too many modes.

At least in GTA Online they seem to admit that too many modes is a bad concept by placing everything within the Free Mode lobby.

Still, can't wait till Red Dead 3!!!

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:08 AM

it was fun

horses run fast

zebras run faster

No they don't.