233 replies to this topic
Braindawg
  • Braindawg

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

6ENj6.png

Thank god non of this sh*t made it to the final game. They could have chosen WAY better trap music, but instead e got Ale Bomaye...

Anyone else disappointed with either the trap or hard rock in the game?

I guess the douchebags of LA like douchebag music...

JRC99
  • JRC99

Hello, Nurse!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:45 PM Edited by JRC99, 06 February 2014 - 10:48 PM.

Damn. I would've LOVED P.M.R., considering Grunge is my favorite type of music. LSRR plays Pop-rock, not classic rock, and VBR sucks. Of course, these are my opinions.

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:24 PM

6ENj6.png

Thank god non of this sh*t made it to the final game. They could have chosen WAY better trap music, but instead e got Ale Bomaye...
Anyone else disappointed with either the trap or hard rock in the game?

I guess the douchebags of LA like douchebag music...

you serious!? those songs would've been WAY better than the music they have now! its a shame they cut that stuff...

• Lil ski likes this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:00 AM

If they end up doing IV style DLC I would really love to see something along the lines of PMR be introduced, very much in the same manner that VCFM, Ram Jam FM and Self Actualisation replaced a number of stations in EFLC
  • Lock N' Stock and JRC99 like this

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:58 PM Edited by The Gardener, 07 February 2014 - 08:59 PM.

The best song on that list is Lee Perry - Jungle Lion. Would have suited Blue Ark so well.

UtterTehSEAL
  • UtterTehSEAL

This is the victory we longed for.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

This list hit me with the feels holy hell R* really needs to release these in updates and DLCs

• Peregrin Brandytook likes this

Keano
  • Keano

Follow The Train

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

Somehow I think these songs will end up in GTA V. 

Conwin
  • Conwin

...because all America loves a cowboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

I can imagine them showing up in DLC, but it depends why they were cut. If it was just to save space them it's pretty likely but if it was to do with licensing issues then its doubtful. 

Robert von Anzen
  • Robert von Anzen

Player Hater

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

There were other "cut" songs.  Here's one :

Rock* went to contract in early 2013 for "Bloodstains" by Agent Orange for Channel X.  No explanation for it being replaced by the previously obscure "Bored of You", also by Agent Orange.

With music licensing there are always issues, legal and otherwise.  The very first thing mentioned in the licensing process for  GTA V was the violence involved.  Secondly, the money offered was above average for a game but nothing life changing.  But this is most definitely one instance where the promotional value for any recording used in the game borders on priceless. 

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

I would like to think some songs, mainly Radar Love and Everybody Wants to Rule the World, come back in the form of DLC. But I highly doubt it.
  • Cutter De Blanc likes this

SonofLosSantos
  • SonofLosSantos

R.I.P Shawty Lo!

• Members
  • Olympics
  • Achievement unlocked: used the porkcharsui cheat

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:38 AM

since they are doing an update to the musical score, i dont think its too far fetched to think these songs may return in an update...

goblinthegnome
  • goblinthegnome

Morrissey Worshiper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

Rock* went to contract in early 2013 for "Bloodstains" by Agent Orange for Channel X.  No explanation for it being replaced by the previously obscure "Bored of You", also by Agent Orange.

With music licensing there are always issues, legal and otherwise.  The very first thing mentioned in the licensing process for  GTA V was the violence involved.  Secondly, the money offered was above average for a game but nothing life changing.  But this is most definitely one instance where the promotional value for any recording used in the game borders on priceless. 

Do you mind if you can post the list of the other "cut" songs that were being licensed by Rockstar (not the ones already found in the files), so that way I can update the deleted songs in the radio stations on GTA wikia

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

POV City Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

No doubt songs that didn't make the cut, will be available with the SP DLC (like GTA IV episodes)

Robert von Anzen
  • Robert von Anzen

Player Hater

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

Do you mind if you can post the list of the other "cut" songs that were being licensed by Rockstar (not the ones already found in the files), so that way I can update the deleted songs in the radio stations on GTA wikia

I only have personal knowledge of the one cited.  I am sure there were others, considering 240 cues used.  Remember there was a non disclosure agreement in place.  As I was not paid for that placement, the NDA no longer holds.  That in itself brings up the most salient point :  licensed music only gets paid for in video games if actually used in the game and then only actually paid for after release, sometimes months later.

It is therefore extremely wishful thinking to hope that "cut" material is re-instated.  Even if contracts were signed, it still has not been paid for.  And if contracts were not signed, I dare say most licensors would hold out for more money than initially discussed, given the huge numbers involved.

Such money comes directly from the company's bottom line.  It's not a sunk cost as with on staff programmers paid to continue to work on bug fixes, etc..

On the other hand, the company could decide to use "free" or "paid for by record company" music but it won't be on your favourites' list!

Testarossa
  • Testarossa

• The Connection
  • Mexico
  • Worst Ferrari
    Best Concept DLC 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:58 AM

"Meet Me Halfway" would actually be great in game.

• SkylineGTRFreak and TheticalFlyer97 like this

AGiganticLlama
  • AGiganticLlama

Huge Llama Destruction!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

The radio is pretty small as it is, and they decided to cut all that?

But knowing the modern day Rockstar, they most likely cut them just to scam consumers into buying them back through DLC. It's common for companies nowadays to give you 20% of a game, and make you buy back the rest...

Lol, Rockstar gave us 95% of a game and is planning to release another 100% of content

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

"Mommy's alright, Daddy's alright, they just seem a little weird! Surrender, surrender, but don't give yourself away..."

Augh! Too much good stuff they cut! :panic:   

• TheticalFlyer97 likes this

Gronut
  • Gronut

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

Guess we'll never get Kavinsky after all....

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

How could you want someone who outright lied to manipulate people into buying his (then) new album on the aspect that he's going to be in GTAV.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:35 PM Edited by Staten, 07 May 2014 - 10:36 PM.

How could you want someone who outright lied to manipulate people into buying his (then) new album on the aspect that he's going to be in GTAV.

I think he did the same thing a little while later with another game, but I'm having difficulty finding evidence because GTA V results are obviously more prominent in google.  Perhaps he's using it as a tactic to try to get hired for these things?

Gronut
  • Gronut

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

Don't get me wrong, it was a scumbag move. But my liking for his music outweighs it!

Tony.
  • Tony.

We need to build a Walmart. And it has to be built quickly!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:16 PM

I think he did the same thing a little while later with another game, but I'm having difficulty finding evidence because GTA V results are obviously more prominent in google.  Perhaps he's using it as a tactic to try to get hired for these things?

Wow, has he got nothing better to do? I think he's just trying to get more fans and listeners probably, even if he is prominent enough already, I guess it never hurts to have more publicity. How many people here only started listening to his music because he lied about being in GTA?

goblinthegnome
  • goblinthegnome

Morrissey Worshiper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:37 PM

I just noticed that on Vinewood Boulevard Radio, when Nate and Steve do the counter blessings, a song can be heard playing in the background that's not featured on the station. As with the other stations that have background music (Space 103.2, Radio Mirror Park, etc.), they're licenced songs and part of the soundtrack. If someone can play that audio file and figure out what the song is, then that would be great. Maybe it could be a song made for the game or some cut song from an early version of the station. Just curious to know what it is really.

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:42 AM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 11 July 2014 - 09:15 AM.

They left out Muse - Madness. Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World. Glasses Malone ft Jay Rock - No Sympathy. Neon Trees - Animal [but they put in a f*cking Brittney Spears song. It's not funny in 2014, R*.]  The Jackson 5 -  Dancing Machine.  Left out Marvin Gaye and Edwin Starr.  THEY LEFT OUT BAD RELIGION AND THE CLASH.

I guess what bugs me is, some of the artists they put in? Seems to be just for jokes or laughs. Maybe these aren't even true, someone can come in and enlighten me, and I can be happy again.

But if these are true, and R* really left out some of these gems? 

• universetwisters and A.O.D.88 like this

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:59 AM

If Love Sosa would have been in the game like it was supposed to be, everytime it came on motherf*ckers would be gettin shot.

• Mr Makaveli and Zello like this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:04 AM Edited by Zello, 11 July 2014 - 03:06 AM.

If Love Sosa would have been in the game like it was supposed to be, everytime it came on motherf*ckers would be gettin shot.

I know right I was so pissed I was all hyped up when he tweeted that

But I think that song would have been better suited to a game set in Carcer City

• AlmightySo likes this

Che Guevara_187
  • Che Guevara_187

Rebel

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:22 AM

They might include them in DLC ?

• Len Lfc likes this

Tony.
  • Tony.

We need to build a Walmart. And it has to be built quickly!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:27 AM

They might include them in DLC ?

I don't think so. GTA IV and EFLC had a lot of removed/unused songs that were never used.

With V's removed songs, here's a full list of the removed songs in an article written by Ash_735 (a member here). While I love "Everybody Wants to Rule the World," I feel that would be better suited for a game like VC or SA or VCS that's about business/gang takeovers, battling corporate/federal enemies, and running the city, which is why that song suited Saints Row 2 so well.

I feel that "Steal Away" by Robbie Dupree would suit a Vice City based game a little more, it just reminds me more of VC than anything.

The song from Caddyshack was a miss though.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:35 AM

I was a bit bummed out that they left this out of Channel X. I would've had a kick out of listening to it.

• THE DRAGOON likes this

A.O.D.88
  • A.O.D.88

Blue Eyes Matter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:43 AM

Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Come on Rockstar what were you guys thinking cutting that song? It fits so perfectly with the whole game theme of the pursuit of the almighty dollar!!

• stjimmy3 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users