Photo

Cut Songs From GTA V's Soundtrack

233 replies to this topic
Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Modding again

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:48 PM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 04 December 2013 - 10:51 PM.

Only see 3 good tracks I would have wanted...

187 Proof (A classic... Niggas gotta watch that video, it was on some clay mation sh*t)

Regulate (Another Classic... Damn... woula loved that track)

I got love (Dunno why they takin off hella Nate Dogg songs...)

OK, seriously, who did that list in the OP, like, who put those songs to the radio stations, because I've had a good look at them now and like half of them are completely wrong for the station, I've mentioned this before, but seriously, these tracks DO NOT go to a specific station, there were three cut stations and many station changes over the course of the four years since the initial build.

I'm mainly saying this because whoever did that list has put tracks like "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)" on f*cking REBEL RADIO??? That psychedelic Classic Rock track, and whoever did that list put it on a country station, come the f*ck on, listen to "Odgens Nut Gon Flake" and then that song back to back, they are a style match.

When I extracted this list of songs, I did it so people would know the truth and not the stupid rumours people passed around, so to see my work then badly chopped up and put into a bullsh*t order is just stupid as THERE IS NO EVIDENCE of what station these songs are suppose to be on, and thus the station order to track is COMPLETELY MADE UP.

There's enough bullsh*t going around, so yeah, at the moment I am a little pissed off to see my work which was complete fact from the in game files to then be messed up and passed around like this, most people here believe the cut tracks are now from these stations, which is bullsh*t. OP, at least just post the tracklist in it's entire order instead of this made up format which holds no ground.

What were the radio station names that were cut? I wouldnt mind usin em and trying to do a GTA SA imagining of them or something

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

I wonder how much was cut from the talk stations, Chaka attack was too good to only have just 1 ep. Hopefully the PS4/Xbox1 will stop GTA's being watered down with a delay like Vice City, San Andreas, IV, and V. sigh

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

Edit: So, wait only the cut songs' names exist in some text file? Why would V be the only GTA to have this? NONE of the others GTAs have this. afaik

I'm still going with future dlc, but the audio files are apparently not on the disc. Although, it seems the script is already there for them.

Actually. GTA IV had this, as well as The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony.

GTAV has been in development A LOT longer than those were, so naturally the list is a lot bigger. In GTA IV we found out tracks by the Rolling Stones and Cassie were cut, etc. In GTA IV and EFLC it was all apart of the ZIT listings, for GTAV it's just under the basic Track ID system.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

OK, seriously, who did that list in the OP, like, who put those songs to the radio stations, because I've had a good look at them now and like half of them are completely wrong for the station, I've mentioned this before, but seriously, these tracks DO NOT go to a specific station, there were three cut stations and many station changes over the course of the four years since the initial build.

I'm mainly saying this because whoever did that list has put tracks like "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)" on f*cking REBEL RADIO??? That psychedelic Classic Rock track, and whoever did that list put it on a country station, come the f*ck on, listen to "Odgens Nut Gon Flake" and then that song back to back, they are a style match.

When I extracted this list of songs, I did it so people would know the truth and not the stupid rumours people passed around, so to see my work then badly chopped up and put into a bullsh*t order is just stupid as THERE IS NO EVIDENCE of what station these songs are suppose to be on, and thus the station order to track is COMPLETELY MADE UP.

There's enough bullsh*t going around, so yeah, at the moment I am a little pissed off to see my work which was complete fact from the in game files to then be messed up and passed around like this, most people here believe the cut tracks are now from these stations, which is bullsh*t. OP, at least just post the tracklist in it's entire order instead of this made up format which holds no ground.

What were the radio station names that were cut? I wouldnt mind usin em and trying to do a GTA SA imagining of them or something

We only have a name (in letters anyway) for the 90s Rock Station, it was called "P.M.R", it's logo can be seen here from a leftover early version of the Radio HUD:

300qln7.png

The rest are only left behind as linking names "90s_rock", "jazz" and "80s", as an added bonus there was also the GTA IV style Radio Hud included to, noted as incomplete:

ftkoqp.png

• Ss4gogeta0, Testarossa and MangledCrow like this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Modding again

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

We only have a name (in letters anyway) for the 90s Rock Station, it was called "P.M.R", it's logo can be seen here from a leftover early version of the Radio HUD:

The rest are only left behind as linking names "90s_rock", "jazz" and "80s", as an added bonus there was also the GTA IV style Radio Hud included to, noted as incomplete:

I see, PMR seems like a Russian Radio station. Might remake that for a GTA IV mod. 

Also did you find a file listing off the gangs? maybe some of the cut ones?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:18 PM

P.M.R is the "90s_rock" handle. I don't know why the R is backwards, but looking around style wise, it seems to fit the stereotyped font on the Grunge era kinda thing, but that's just a guess on my part.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Modding again

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

P.M.R is the "90s_rock" handle. I don't know why the R is backwards, but looking around style wise, it seems to fit the stereotyped font on the Grunge era kinda thing, but that's just a guess on my part.

hmm, maybe it was coined as "Past Mosh Rock" or something simple like that

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

When a preview over a year ago in November said they heard Radar Love on the radio, I got excited only to get really disappointed when I found out it was cut.

MagzGTA
  • MagzGTA

The 1975-Tones

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

Can already picture rolling around with Franklin listening to Rack City and f*ckin Problem. Heavy bass rap is always good haha

Bloothehedgehog
  • Bloothehedgehog

Third Street Saint

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

The Britney Spears song was a joke. Also west end girls is annoying

Would've traded both of em for Meet me halfway, loved that song when I was younger  :lol:

STRICTLY187MURDER
  • STRICTLY187MURDER

Because nukes solve your problems

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:34 PM

Damn some good tracks

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

"Everybody Wants To Rule The World" really didn't make the cut... would have been f*cking awesome to have it in. I know it sounds dumb, but they probably left that song out because they found out that the same song was featured in "Saint's Row 2". "American Boy" by Estelle and Kanye West would have been a great addition too. So many great tracks left out.

The Shadow
  • The Shadow

Heroes never die

• GTAF Crew
  • Greece

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

They cut 'Meet Me Halfway' ?!? Really... I liked that song!

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

"Everybody Wants To Rule The World" really didn't make the cut... would have been f*cking awesome to have it in. I know it sounds dumb, but they probably left that song out because they found out that the same song was featured in "Saint's Row 2".

Considering that "1 Thing" by Amerie was left in, this is probably not the reason.  Perhaps the fact that 2K had the rights to the song might have something to do with it.  It did appear (in a slightly different form) in one of their games this year, after all.

• Capricornus likes this

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

"Everybody Wants To Rule The World" really didn't make the cut... would have been f*cking awesome to have it in. I know it sounds dumb, but they probably left that song out because they found out that the same song was featured in "Saint's Row 2".

Considering that "1 Thing" by Amerie was left in, this is probably not the reason.  Perhaps the fact that 2K had the rights to the song might have something to do with it.  It did appear (in a slightly different form) in one of their games this year, after all.

Good point mate. I completely forgot "1 Thing" was in Saint's Row 2

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Masked Felon

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:06 AM

I was really bummed that they cut "Animal" by Neon Trees.

That was one of my favorite songs to listen while driving around and racing in Forza Horizon.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:40 AM

ROCKSTAR!!

What-the-f*ck?!

If you woulda left those songs on there, the soundtrack would've been EPIC! Best soundtrack in gta history.

What's the reason behind leaving out those tracks? Too much disk space? Licensing issues? (sorry if already mentioned, topic is tldr)
  • Cutter De Blanc likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

fu*k

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:49 AM

The radio is pretty small as it is, and they decided to cut all that?

But knowing the modern day Rockstar, they most likely cut them just to scam consumers into buying them back through DLC. It's common for companies nowadays to give you 20% of a game, and make you buy back the rest...

god i hope not. otherwise rockstar will be added to my list of hated game companies such as electronic assholes, ubi-sh*t, micro-sh*t, and act-dick-vision. they will be given a new nickname, cockstar

• Bertanius likes this

MagicNarcosis
  • MagicNarcosis

South Central, Los Angeles Native.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:16 AM

They cut Westside Slaughterhouse from West Coast Classics?

THATS DOUBLE WACK WTF.

Phnx.
  • Phnx.

Time Flies

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

Refresh. xD

"Animal" by Neon Trees on Non-Stop-Pop FM? This is song should be on Vinewood Boulevard Radio, beacuse Neon Trees plays alternative rock, not pop music.

smokeysmokeonsmoke
  • smokeysmokeonsmoke

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

Hope these get put in for the DLC some good songs on there they cut

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

it really is heartbreaking...

I cri evrytim...

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:16 AM

Hope these get put in for the DLC some good songs on there they cut

While there are some songs I would like to see in the DLC (e.g. Radar Love and Everybody Wants to Rule the World) I doubt any of it will make an appearance. Look at the cut songs in IV, none of them made it into TLAD or TBOGT. However the fact that tried to licence that Cassie song for a second time gives me hope that they may try again with these songs.

Cr!minal
  • Cr!minal

Career Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:00 AM

Well, I finally got all the cut tracks I liked and "added" them to GTA V. It's a bit messy workaround, but doable.

First I burnt audio CD's with songs I wanted to add into GTA V. Xbox 360 has a nice feature to rip music from CD-s and then play them back in-game. There you have it. Now I have gems like "Regulate", "Radar Love" and "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" in game :lol:

Feel free to try it out yourself.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Modding again

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

Can already picture rolling around with Franklin listening to Rack City and f*ckin Problem. Heavy bass rap is always good haha

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

witcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

Damn some of these songs would have been great! Now I'm hoping dlc will bring it back...

Papi Chulo
  • Papi Chulo

Honeys & Money

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

Well, I finally got all the cut tracks I liked and "added" them to GTA V. It's a bit messy workaround, but doable.

First I burnt audio CD's with songs I wanted to add into GTA V. Xbox 360 has a nice feature to rip music from CD-s and then play them back in-game. There you have it. Now I have gems like "Regulate", "Radar Love" and "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" in game :lol:

Feel free to try it out yourself.

Nah. I stream music from my laptop to my Xbox. 

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

Just looking over some old threads about GTA V previews and found this: (sorry I couldn't actually link, on my phone)

http://hobbyconsolas...wA1FegxIDY2fcN9

And basically, if you translate it, it says that they heard an Elvis Presley song in the game. So I need to ask if this is the entire list of songs or if there's still some text in the files? Because I have trouble believing that someone (even not from the English speaking world) could confuse an artist as iconic as Elvis for someone else.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

Just looking over some old threads about GTA V previews and found this: (sorry I couldn't actually link, on my phone)

And basically, if you translate it, it says that they heard an Elvis Presley song in the game. So I need to ask if this is the entire list of songs or if there's still some text in the files? Because I have trouble believing that someone (even not from the English speaking world) could confuse an artist as iconic as Elvis for someone else.

There's no trace of Elvis or Elvis Presley in the trackid file.

• Budweiser Addict likes this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

There's no trace of Elvis or Elvis Presley in the trackid file.
Hmmm, that's strange. The only thing I can possibly think of is if they got that Charlie Feathers song from Rebel Radio confused for Elvis.

It's a shame though, because back in May when I rad about this I was hyped as f*ck to think that I would finally hear something by the King in GTA. That being said, I doubt that due to the cost to licence his songs, Rockstar wouldn't even think of touching Elvis for a long time.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users