Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:22 AM

WHY THE f*ck WASNT TUPAC CALIFORNIA LOVE INCLUDED
  • tom_p1980, Deadly Target and anticlimatic like this

GTAforthe21thcentury
  • GTAforthe21thcentury

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:27 AM

Honestly i was disappointed with the track. These songs would have made it bigger and better.

Hotband
  • Hotband

Cheesehead

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:37 AM

Wow, those are some good songs too. :cry:

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:41 AM

What R* cut isn't any better than what they chose, other than a handful of good songs. It's almost like they have no idea what people here deem as good music. I wish R* would release a DLC where we have the option to ram our fist through the vehicle radio so it won't work. I'd use that all the time. Terrible, forgetable music is GTA V. Ivan 'the terrible taste in music' Polvich needs to be sent packin', and whomever else help choose this bland sh*tfest of music(other than a handful of songs)

You do realise that Rockstar doesn't have literally tens of millions of dollars to blow on a soundtrack comprised of music by known and famous artists right? The only reason why older games have these mainstream artists is because GTA, at the point, was a timed PS exclusive, which gave them unlimited and discounted music by artists licenced under Sony Music.

Well thats one helluva excuse.

I suspect it will be rolled out when GTA6 is released too. Despite making over a $billion on GTA5.  :lol:
What, so you think that everybody who works on these games works for free? You don't think that Take Two takes a sizable cut from the profit? You don't think they Rockstar need to do upgrades and replacements to their systems. Give me a f*cking break, not every dollar they earn goes towards all their game's soundtracks.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:35 AM

Looks like the cut songs are equally as bad, lol.

• im_stoned likes this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

Not paying for the cut content in game present in game data.
This is stupidity to pay and ask for releasing these when I have them sitting inside the installation files.
Also, I don't think they will ever release as DLC either for same reasons.
May be these are exclusive for GTAO in future updates.

Ewok626
  • Ewok626

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:54 AM

That is a lot of good music but I bet they couldn't get all the licensing.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:55 AM

OK, seriously, who did that list in the OP, like, who put those songs to the radio stations, because I've had a good look at them now and like half of them are completely wrong for the station, I've mentioned this before, but seriously, these tracks DO NOT go to a specific station, there were three cut stations and many station changes over the course of the four years since the initial build.

I'm mainly saying this because whoever did that list has put tracks like "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)" on f*cking REBEL RADIO??? That psychedelic Classic Rock track, and whoever did that list put it on a country station, come the f*ck on, listen to "Odgens Nut Gon Flake" and then that song back to back, they are a style match.

When I extracted this list of songs, I did it so people would know the truth and not the stupid rumours people passed around, so to see my work then badly chopped up and put into a bullsh*t order is just stupid as THERE IS NO EVIDENCE of what station these songs are suppose to be on, and thus the station order to track is COMPLETELY MADE UP.

There's enough bullsh*t going around, so yeah, at the moment I am a little pissed off to see my work which was complete fact from the in game files to then be messed up and passed around like this, most people here believe the cut tracks are now from these stations, which is bullsh*t. OP, at least just post the tracklist in it's entire order instead of this made up format which holds no ground.

• Tashan and Ss4gogeta0 like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:58 AM

Not paying for the cut content in game present in game data.
This is stupidity to pay and ask for releasing these when I have them sitting inside the installation files.
Also, I don't think they will ever release as DLC either for same reasons.
May be these are exclusive for GTAO in future updates.

These tracks as audio are NOT in the game, these tracks are recovered from the in-game GXT files relating to the Radio. The earliest build of it dates back to Mid-2009, and the file was updated and moved around since then, adding new tracks, but NOT removing the old listings, which is why I was able to compile this list (The ORIGINAL one not the bullsh*t one in the OP) by cross referencing and getting rid of the tracks which DO appear in the game and then matching up the rest.

• Tashan likes this

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:11 AM

They cut Bob Dyaln? They cut Bob Dylan. THEY f*ckING CUT BOB DYLAN!

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

Thank god. That/'s the only right choice that R* made when it comes to the music. I can't listen to Bob Dylan. It's like fingernails and chalkboard to me.

• Peregrin Brandytook likes this

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

What R* cut isn't any better than what they chose, other than a handful of good songs. It's almost like they have no idea what people here deem as good music. I wish R* would release a DLC where we have the option to ram our fist through the vehicle radio so it won't work. I'd use that all the time. Terrible, forgetable music is GTA V. Ivan 'the terrible taste in music' Polvich needs to be sent packin', and whomever else help choose this bland sh*tfest of music(other than a handful of songs)

You do realise that Rockstar doesn't have literally tens of millions of dollars to blow on a soundtrack comprised of music by known and famous artists right? The only reason why older games have these mainstream artists is because GTA, at the point, was a timed PS exclusive, which gave them unlimited and discounted music by artists licenced under Sony Music.

Well thats one helluva excuse.

I suspect it will be rolled out when GTA6 is released too. Despite making over a $billion on GTA5.  :lol:
What, so you think that everybody who works on these games works for free? You don't think that Take Two takes a sizable cut from the profit? You don't think they Rockstar need to do upgrades and replacements to their systems. Give me a f*cking break, not every dollar they earn goes towards all their game's soundtracks.

We'll find out in April whether they broke even or made a loss making the game.  ;)

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:16 PM

Who the f*ck cuts Everybody Wants to Rule the World? Damn, some of the stupidest decisions were made on this damn game.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:28 AM

this is the BIGGEST thing that bothers me about the game. the rap station could've been off the chain. the pop, techno station woulda been balla, even the rock wouda been cool...a little bit for everyone....now its this weak ass repetitive soundtrack we have now. my f*ckin jesus...

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

Who the f*ck cuts Everybody Wants to Rule the World? Damn, some of the stupidest decisions were made on this damn game.

Seems as if this is the one song everybody is dissapointed didn't make the cut. Rightfully so however, since it's probably the greatest song from the 80's.
Imagine slowly driving through the beautiful wine country outside Los Santos in a convertible.

UndraftedTalent
  • UndraftedTalent

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

Thank god. That/'s the only right choice that R* made when it comes to the music. I can't listen to Bob Dylan. It's like fingernails and chalkboard to me.

249.gif

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

249.gif

May I ask you a question? 

Where is your twin that often makes an appearance in the post?

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:39 AM Edited by NightSpectre, 03 December 2013 - 11:41 AM.

Fun Fact: This is the second time that "Me & U" by Cassie has been cut from a GTA game. That song was originally going to be on The Vibe 98.8 in GTA IV.

I know Saints Row gets a lot of crap here, but at least they were able to get the song on their first try.

• Osho likes this

robban
  • robban

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

Would be this cool if they had kept this song....

(not my video)

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Capt. Phill Bellic. The New Aldernian Cop.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

Is it just me or was West Coast Classics the only radio station that had any love/consistency put into it?

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:07 PM

Fun Fact: This is the second time that "Me & U" by Cassie has been cut from a GTA game. That song was originally going to be on The Vibe 98.8 in GTA IV.

I know Saints Row gets a lot of crap here, but at least they were able to get the song on their first try.

Funny enough, a number of these songs Saints Row managed to get first time.

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

Isnt there a cut list for worldwide FM?? It was like the best radio station in the whole game

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

That's 133 tracks, and there's probably more.

Does the game really have 240 in total? It sure doesn't feel like it.

Are these tracks actually on the disc and need unlocking, or just the titles (which would seem weird to me: why would the titles alone still be on the disc? What about DJs naming these titles? Is relevant dialogue on the disc?

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:13 PM Edited by NightSpectre, 03 December 2013 - 03:14 PM.

-Ignore-

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:39 PM Edited by AtomicPunk, 03 December 2013 - 03:40 PM.

249.gif

May I ask you a question? 

Where is your twin that often makes an appearance in the post?

THAT'S EXACTLY HOW I LOOK WHEN I HEAR BOB DYLAN!!

Are you talking to me? If so, I don't know who you mean.

Everybody wants to rule the world was a great song. I liked it when it came out, and I still like it. But saying that it was the greatest song of the eighties? I just don't agree with that. It was definitely in the top ten, though.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me

Ewww... biggest sh*t I ever heard.

Jack0711
  • Jack0711

Bugstar Employee

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

Holy sh*t Los Santos Rock Radio was going to have Indie music :(

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

That's 133 tracks, and there's probably more.

Does the game really have 240 in total? It sure doesn't feel like it.

Are these tracks actually on the disc and need unlocking, or just the titles (which would seem weird to me: why would the titles alone still be on the disc? What about DJs naming these titles? Is relevant dialogue on the disc?

OK, I'll answer:

1) YES, there's 240 tracks in the game right now, you have to consider mix stations like WorldWide FM, SoulWax FM, FlyLo FM, etc, which can jump through like 3 songs in the space of 5 minutes.

2) These "cut" tracks are NOT in the game, you seem to be mistaken in thinking this was just a list of cut track lying around, it's not, this was the entire music back log dating back to the 2009 builds of the game, Rockstar simply added the tracks as they went on but never deleted the older text entries, I had to go through the entire and get rid of all the tracks that DID appear on GTAV to get the list of remaining songs that were left out or cut from the game.

3) The ONLY song that was cut pretty late was Moloko's "The Time Is Now" which has DJ audio from DJ Clara talking about the song.

4) I believe my final count was 134 tracks, so if that list in the OP is only 133, then one has been missed off. Here is the link to my original article where I posted this information (http://www.gtagaming...o-inconsistency).

@Jack0711: NO IT WASN'T, that's the problem with this list in the OP, it is wrong, I found did the original list and there was no radio station tagging on these tracks, so, whoever took my list and did the OP version has just GUESSED without taking into consideration the THREE cut radio stations, one of which was a 90s Rock Station.

yoshiandluigi3
  • yoshiandluigi3

modder.

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:44 PM Edited by yoshiandluigi3, 04 December 2013 - 10:45 PM.

DLC is pure greed

First and foremost, every post that's against you, you always  reply to them, calling them "mindless rockstar zombies", you also seem to call them Rockstar fanboys an awful lot and you automatically assume that everyone on this forum thinks, "ROCKSTAR IS DA BEST COMPANY IN THE WORLD!!!!" No. People disagree with you, if you can't handle that then please, don't write a forum post on here! And I heavily disagree with you. Corporations need to make money for online and to continue developing games. What's the best way to do that? Downloadable content, of course! See, after the game is released, the company makes a lot of money. But overtime, everyone will have the game, and very few people will purchase that game anymore. As Rockstar Games has to run both an extremely popular online multiplayer game, has to pay people to maintain it, has to pay for people to develop GTA VI when the time is ready, still paying for the GTA IV servers, and pay people to maintain GTA IV... so.. how are they going to do this? Well with DLC of course! DLC adds content to not only make  the game fresh for you and a lot of other people, but to make money and keep GTA V alive! I know you still think it's 2001... but really, it's not. DLC is almost essential to make more money. It's like complaining that a "free trial" of a product is pure greed from the company. It's not. Stop it. I know your signature says "(I pirate all of my games)" so I don't really expect you to understand, so if you don't, I can try to explain this in better words for you.

And before you say I'm a mindless rockstar zombie, I don't think Rockstar is the best company in the world. They are far from that title IMO.

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:44 PM Edited by elburrosleftnut, 04 December 2013 - 10:54 PM.

Edit: So, wait only the cut songs' names exist in some text file? Why would V be the only GTA to have this? NONE of the others GTAs have this. afaik

I'm still going with future dlc, but the audio files are apparently not on the disc. Although, it seems the script is already there for them.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users