Photo

Cut Songs From GTA V's Soundtrack

233 replies to this topic
Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:26 PM Edited by Empty World, 30 November 2013 - 06:33 PM.

Okay, you're right, they aren't that bad. But putting Britney Spears in GTA was the worst idea ever.

Yep, definitely. Seeing her on the leaked soundtrack along with Rihanna was horrifying, I never thought Rockstar would sink that low to pick such sh*tty mainstream pop/R&B artists to be on the soundtrack.

Oh yes, Rihanna too. I thought R* would put some not very known songs in their soundtrack to introduce different vibe to the game.

By the way, they should've put songs like 'Livin' La Vida Loca' on East Los FM instead of that garbage there is. After all Shrek 2's setting was based on reimagined Hollywood.

• Testarossa likes this

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

The game needs Radar Love.

One of the best driving songs ever!

• lol232 likes this

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

Is it possible that these songs will drop with future updates? I'm not sure if that's already been hinted to or even announced.. But if they are listed in the files, it makes sense right?

Now don't you be giving them ideas.

I can already see it: Radio Station DLC - $4.99 each!

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

im absolutely astonished as to how the songs on the cut track list straight sh*t on the songs we have now...I genuinely hope that they will add these songs later...if not, another f*ck up up by cockstar lames...

Soda and Soap
  • Soda and Soap

Dr Pepper

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

Wasn't Love Sosa by Chief Keef going to be featured on the game? 

It really does suck though that ALL these songs were cut, the radio would have been much better especially Non-Stop Pop. I'm not a "pop" person really, but I would have liked to hear some of them songs in the game such as Cassie's Me & you.   

yonatan755
  • yonatan755

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

I would love a mod that changes V's stations into san andreas's stations on pc

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:09 PM Edited by GtaIvFanboy, 30 November 2013 - 07:11 PM.

This is actually f*cked me OFF! so let me get this straight they cut everybody wants to  rule the world a  classic one of my favorite tracks of all time! a song which would have fitted in with the games atmosphere and storyline perfectly ! BUT kept sh*tty pop songs like glamours gimme more and only girl in the world? 

who ever made that call deserves to be tortured and killed.

• CharlesManson855 likes this

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

This is actually f*cked me OFF! so let me get this straight they cut everybody wants to the rule a  classic which would have fitted in with the games atmosphere and storyline perfectly ! BUT kept sh*tty pop songs like glamours gimme more and only girl in the world? 

:dozing:

Why does everyone keep attacking the same three songs?

• yonatan755 likes this

yonatan755
  • yonatan755

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

This is actually f*cked me OFF! so let me get this straight they cut everybody wants to the rule a  classic which would have fitted in with the games atmosphere and storyline perfectly ! BUT kept sh*tty pop songs like glamours gimme more and only girl in the world? 

OMG why do you hate on britney's glamorous?

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

wooo! if my morning wasn't ruined efore, it certainly is now.... I mean, nigga what the f*ck?!

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

Mainly because their sh*t and now i find they somehow beat a classic to be in the game which makes me hate them even more.

• CharlesManson855 likes this

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

This thread is going nowhere. I'm out m8.

done.gif

• Lock N' Stock likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

OK, also noticed that the list in the OP has tried to put them on the current Radio Stations, THAT IS WRONG, there's THREE Cut Stations where some of these tracks would have ended up, along with the format changes on Non Stop Pop, etc, the style would have been very different over the course of production, for example, I seriously doubt "The Only One I Know" would EVER be on Los Santos Rock Radio where as the cut 90s Rock Station, that's where it would have fit a lot better. In the files they are not tied to a station, which is why many of them fall out, whoever took the full list and then forced them into the current line up has wasted their time.

To restate, the cut stations from the internal files are listed as "90s_rock" and "jazz" with hints of an 80s pop station to, the 90s Rock Station actually has a logo left behind in an older build of the games Radio HUD textures, it's simply known as "P.M.R".

manutd36
  • manutd36

Manutd36

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

Why is it that everyone seems to think they cut these songs to add them back as DLC? Only one person seems to understand that it's most likely due to the fact that they didn't get the rights to use the songs in the game.

• Spider-Vice likes this

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

This is actually f*cked me OFF! so let me get this straight they cut everybody wants to  rule the world a  classic one of my favorite tracks of all time! a song which would have fitted in with the games atmosphere and storyline perfectly ! BUT kept sh*tty pop songs like glamours gimme more and only girl in the world? 

Tortured and killed? No. Fired? Definitely.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

I want to punch the person in the face who decided for whatever reason to not put Bob Dylan in. I don't give a f*ck if it's super expensive, it's motherf*cking Bob Dylan.  

• Lock N' Stock likes this

yonatan755
  • yonatan755

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

I hope they won't destroy San andreas's mobile release with missing songs like in vice city and III

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

I hope they won't destroy San andreas's mobile release with missing songs like in vice city and III

Yeah, I noticed that Herbie Hancock song on Wildstyle was removed while playing the IOS version of Vice City.

bensons
  • bensons

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

I remember on GTA SA and VC on PC I could rip the music off the disk with some software. I wonder if the same could be done here?

The Quench
  • The Quench

'SEVEN1FO'

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:02 PM

[This post will be only relevant to hip-hop heads]

Am I the only one that missed how songs on The Beat 102.7 (IV) were mixed/blended together from the end of one to the beginning of another?

And the DJ segments on RLS are terrible/not even relevant. IV killed it with Statik Selektah and Funk Flex! (Man I miss this game now  :/ ). But like somebody earlier mentioned, out of all the Gucci Mane songs...WHY that one? I hope R* is holding these cut trucks for the DLC (which everybody will buy, so stop complaining) and re-works some more DJ dialogue. 

PS. Featuring Slow Down by Clyde Carson gets R* a  :cookie: from the West Coast. 

VileClown
  • VileClown

Terrible In Terra-Belle

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

The radio is pretty small as it is, and they decided to cut all that?

But knowing the modern day Rockstar, they most likely cut them just to scam consumers into buying them back through DLC. It's common for companies nowadays to give you 20% of a game, and make you buy back the rest...

Lol, I'm only sad that the LSRR songs were cut (Black Betty and Radar Love especially) - every other one was crap.

Also, they did a similar thing with EfLC, that might as well probably be the radio of a SP DLC (if there is gonna be one), so a different radio would be nice.

You in particular were completely fine when they did that in EfLC, now when they're probably about to do the same with V somehow it's 'DLC GREEDINESS HURR DURR'.

Alternatively they cut it because of some copyright sh*t, so stop talking out your ass.

Don't try reasoning with this kid. He's 16 years old and thinks that every single DLC is founded by corporate greed. He is the basic angst filled thinks-he-knows-it-all teen. Let him be, he never responds to anybody because he never has an argument. Every thread he posts in is just him commenting a long winded, copy-paste speech about corporate greed and how everything Rockstar does is greedy.

• lol232 likes this

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:31 PM Edited by jarredxmorris, 30 November 2013 - 09:33 PM.

The only ones I am even slightly disappointed about are Everyone Wants To Rule The World and Radar Love. Though I doubt that the former would have been on NSP, it's clearly LSRR territory. It's the perfect song for cruising around Los Santos. Radar Love on the other hand is the perfect song for cruising around Blaine County. 

Still, the soundtrack was great as it is. It's the first one I've really really enjoyed since Vice City Stories (though that one was seriously limited due to the small disk size). IV's was a soundtrack I really found very difficult to enjoy, the only track on there I really love is Oxygene Pt IV and that's kind of a niche thing anyway. 

Also am I right in thinking Everyone Wants to Rule the World was in one of the SR games? 

sukmieazz
  • sukmieazz

Put out to pasture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:45 PM Edited by Sasqui, 30 November 2013 - 09:50 PM.

Disappointed that they cut "Take The Money and Run" by the Steve Miller Band. It was the perfect getaway song!

EDIT: Actually, I'm sad about all of the cuts. Everything would have been less repetitive after story mode had they kept these songs. Seems like I hear "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way", "Mouth Don't Stop", "Radio Gaga", "Ali Bomaye", and "Ambitionz Az A Ridah" every f*cking hour. I love all of those songs, but I'm getting a little sick of then.

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

But knowing the modern day Rockstar, they most likely cut them just to scam consumers into buying them back through DLC. It's common for companies nowadays to give you 20% of a game, and make you buy back the rest...

Lol, I'm only sad that the LSRR songs were cut (Black Betty and Radar Love especially) - every other one was crap.

Also, they did a similar thing with EfLC, that might as well probably be the radio of a SP DLC (if there is gonna be one), so a different radio would be nice.

You in particular were completely fine when they did that in EfLC, now when they're probably about to do the same with V somehow it's 'DLC GREEDINESS HURR DURR'.

Alternatively they cut it because of some copyright sh*t, so stop talking out your ass.

Don't try reasoning with this kid. He's 16 years old and thinks that every single DLC is founded by corporate greed. He is the basic angst filled thinks-he-knows-it-all teen. Let him be, he never responds to anybody because he never has an argument. Every thread he posts in is just him commenting a long winded, copy-paste speech about corporate greed and how everything Rockstar does is greedy.

Yep, you're right, I guess I shouldn't feed the troll.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

One shot, one kill.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:26 AM

Would anyone else not be surprised of R* released "Musical Packs" and sold these songs back as DLC?

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:36 AM Edited by NYdreamz, 01 December 2013 - 03:42 AM.

so da f*ck was chief keef talkin bout when he said love sosa was supposed to be in the game ....

idk i guess that aint the full list of songs cut from the game or maybe he lied who knows....

but

its always nice to see what the game could have been tho.. whether it b songs or content...

Art:Vandelay
  • Art:Vandelay

Architect, Latex Producer, Marine Biologist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:48 AM

Of course they leave out all the good songs and keep the outdated unpopular ones, rockstar never does music right

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:59 AM

so da f*ck was chief keef talkin bout when he said love sosa was supposed to be in the game ....

idk i guess that aint the full list of songs cut from the game or maybe he lied who knows....

but

its always nice to see what the game could have been tho.. whether it b songs or content...

He lied to get attention, just like Kavinsky did to.

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Classic car fan

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:09 AM

Oh look, a user who acts tough on the Internet. You must be one of those generic Rockstar followers who claim they're the best company in the world. DLC is pure greed, do you think buying back cut content is fair? Believe what you want, I don't care. I respond to comments all the time, I'm even responding to yours, even though you made it just as a blatant attempt for attention. Please direct me to where I stated I am a "know-it-all"? I do not act like that, nor do I like those who act superior to others, and that's exactly what you're doing, trying to make yourself look like you're the good guy here.

Oh, and at least I have the competency to type up long responses, but since most users here have a short attention span, they whine about how it's too long. Is that the case with you? Are you incapable of reading more than 2 sentences? As for that other user, no, I am not a 'troll', is that a typical response nowadays? "I don't agree with what he said, he must be a troll". It's really sad...

Get over yourself, stop acting tough on the Internet, you're not tricking any of us, all you're doing is trying to make yourself look like you're superior to others, and that those who you don't agree with are evil. If you want to complain about me posting my opinion, call a news company or something, I can see the headline right now: "User Posts Opinion on the Internet".

• ThinRedLine1981 likes this

mikezilla2
  • mikezilla2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:15 AM

disappointing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users