Cut Songs From GTA V's Soundtrack

136 replies to this topic
NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

Cut content seems to be the hot topic lately, so in keeping with that subject, here are the songs found in the games files that didn't make it to the final product:

Spoiler

I suspect there might have been more songs cut from the soundtrack than featured in the actual game.

• Wolfhuman and codename_duchess like this

Justin..
  • Justin..

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

Damn some good tracks
  • TheCornking101, STRICTLY187MURDER, codename_duchess and 1 other like this

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

Damn, they should have kept Radar Love.

• ThinRedLine1981 and jondean31 like this

Massive Roy
  • Massive Roy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

Is it possible that these songs will drop with future updates? I'm not sure if that's already been hinted to or even announced.. But if they are listed in the files, it makes sense right?
  • jondean31 likes this

EpiclyUber
  • EpiclyUber

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

Those tracks esp. in Non-Stop pop are better than what they are now!

• SkylineGTRFreak likes this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

It annoys me that the one song, the one and only song, I wanted in the game almost made it in and was cut. Well, lets hope that Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears makes it into a GTA installment sooner or later.
  • xXGst0395Xx, Legomanarthur and ReekyAlex like this

ChrisFley
  • ChrisFley

PS4

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

They should add most of these songs into new radio station in the next BIG DLC. Example - TLAD and TBOGT in GTA IV.

• jondean31 likes this

TrevorsMom
  • TrevorsMom

Wee wee pipe

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

They announced this a while ago that it will be DLC $1.99 per song. They said it won't be out before the end of the year though.

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Yay.

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

The radio is pretty small as it is, and they decided to cut all that?

But knowing the modern day Rockstar, they most likely cut them just to scam consumers into buying them back through DLC. It's common for companies nowadays to give you 20% of a game, and make you buy back the rest...

RonaGui
  • RonaGui

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

Cut content seems to be the hot topic lately, so in keeping with that subject, here are the songs found in the games files that didn't make it to the final product:

[spoiler]

Non-Stop Pop FM:

• The Black Eyed Peas - Meet Me Halfway (2009)
  • Beyonce ft. Jay-Z - Deja Vu (2006)
  • Enrique Iglesias - I Like It (2010)
  • Estelle ft. Kanye West - American Boy (2008)

Lowdown FM:

• Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine (1974)

I will miss these songs.

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

The radio is pretty small as it is, and they decided to cut all that?

But knowing the modern day Rockstar, they most likely cut them just to scam consumers into buying them back through DLC. It's common for companies nowadays to give you 20% of a game, and make you buy back the rest...

Lol, I'm only sad that the LSRR songs were cut (Black Betty and Radar Love especially) - every other one was crap.

Also, they did a similar thing with EfLC, that might as well probably be the radio of a SP DLC (if there is gonna be one), so a different radio would be nice.

You in particular were completely fine when they did that in EfLC, now when they're probably about to do the same with V somehow it's 'DLC GREEDINESS HURR DURR'.

Alternatively they cut it because of some copyright sh*t, so stop talking out your ass.

• Jessafur likes this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:16 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 30 November 2013 - 01:17 PM.

It annoys me knowing how better this soundtrack could have been. Los Santos Rock Radio could have used most of those songs rather than the boring soft rock it got (except for Simple Minds). I would have liked some Britpop and 90s alternative in there.

Non Stop Pop had some good cut songs as well like the Tears for Fears and Superman Lovers song as well as that one by Duran Duran, who still have yet to make it into a GTA game after their questionable absence on both Vice City soundtracks. Still, the inconsistency shines with this cut playlist. Modern pop and R&B crap (which doesn't fit GTA's vibe) mixed with Eurodance and 80s/90s pop, it's too much at once. It wouldn't have been that bad had it stayed an 80s/90s/early 00s pop and house station.

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

You guys seem to forget in what consoles is this game played; the same as the crappy And repetitive CoDs, Assassins Creed's, Just Cause, GTA IV, RDR, Max Payne, and any other game that comes to your mind. Now compare all the content any of those games have with all the content GTA V and also with the content you wanted in GTA V. It's impossible to have it all running at the same time without having low FPS or crashing. If that was to happen, there'd be a lot of people complaining about it, and also, that's why there is a lot of stuff in GTA Online that isn't in SP, since Online is a more controllable environment.

BienQueLEnfer
  • BienQueLEnfer

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

No wonder why rls sucks, u have bullsh*t songs like Bassheads, too many songs with Kendrick Lamar, & a song by Gucci Mane collabing with an R&B singer.
1. Take out 1 of the songs Kendrick is on, replace it with Waka Flocka Flame
2. Replace Too Hood with either Kitchen, Servin, Darker, Young Niggas, Bought a Chicken, etc, Gucci Mane shouldnt have R&B collabs
3. Get rid of Bassheads & add Pop That. How can u have a French Montana reference in Ali Bomaye but not have him on the soundtrack?
4. Replace Say That Then with Rack City, why take out Tyga? Hes both mainstream & from the west.
5. Replace Slow Down with Check This, Dig That. Its just a better song.

Fagstar needs to get their sh*t together & quit adding bullsh*t to the stations. I can only speak for the rap side of things but its more than likely they did the same to the stations u guys listen to.
  • Jordan_LDN likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

What R* cut isn't any better than what they chose, other than a handful of good songs. It's almost like they have no idea what people here deem as good music. I wish R* would release a DLC where we have the option to ram our fist through the vehicle radio so it won't work. I'd use that all the time. Terrible, forgetable music is GTA V. Ivan 'the terrible taste in music' Polvich needs to be sent packin', and whomever else help choose this bland sh*tfest of music(other than a handful of songs)

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

What R* cut isn't any better than what they chose, other than a handful of good songs. It's almost like they have no idea what people here deem as good music. I wish R* would release a DLC where we have the option to ram our fist through the vehicle radio so it won't work. I'd use that all the time. Terrible, forgetable music is GTA V. Ivan 'the terrible taste in music' Polvich needs to be sent packin', and whomever else help choose this bland sh*tfest of music(other than a handful of songs)

You do realise that Rockstar doesn't have literally tens of millions of dollars to blow on a soundtrack comprised of music by known and famous artists right? The only reason why older games have these mainstream artists is because GTA, at the point, was a timed PS exclusive, which gave them unlimited and discounted music by artists licenced under Sony Music.
  • Spider-Vice and Ss4gogeta0 like this

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Legendary

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

Words cannot express how angry and disappointed I am at this.  :blink:

Well there are a few words however they're expletives.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Legendary

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

You do realise that Rockstar doesn't have literally tens of millions of dollars to blow on a soundtrack comprised of music by known and famous artists right? The only reason why older games have these mainstream artists is because GTA, at the point, was a timed PS exclusive, which gave them unlimited and discounted music by artists licenced under Sony Music.

Well thats one helluva excuse.

I suspect it will be rolled out when GTA6 is released too. Despite making over a $billion on GTA5.  :lol:

• AtomicPunk likes this

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

how the f*ck you gonna cut out supermen lovers-starlight? are you serious?????

• tali vas Normandy likes this

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

Damn, that list is quite.. long  :dontgetit:

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

@NightSpectre

Can you give a source to Ash's post? :p

gtarules_95
  • gtarules_95

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

wtf soo many good songs cut from the game

I hope we will see at least some of them in future dlc

Gauntlet Hair
  • Gauntlet Hair

The Gold Road's sure a long road.

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

I'd seen this earlier. Really bummed me out. Tears For Fears, Charlatans, The Clash, some of my all time favorite bands were on the cut list. 

• xXGst0395Xx likes this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:40 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 30 November 2013 - 05:40 PM.

I don't know about it, they certainly had enough money to license Rihanna and Britney Spears. Isn't that because they're more mainstream these days? I honestly don't know how music licensing works.

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

[spoiler]

Non-Stop Pop FM:

Lowdown FM:

I will miss these songs.

This. These song could have been a lot better than West End Girls, Music Sounds Better with You or sh*tty Britney Spears. Frankly these songs are annoying the sh*t out of me.

• SkylineGTRFreak likes this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:52 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 30 November 2013 - 05:52 PM.

[spoiler]

Non-Stop Pop FM:

Lowdown FM:

I will miss these songs.

This. These song could have been a lot better than West End Girls, Music Sounds Better with You or sh*tty Britney Spears. Frankly these songs are annoying the sh*t out of me.

Those songs (except for that sh*tty arse Britney Spears track) are actually good, better than those listed NSP songs imo.

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

Okay, you're right, they aren't that bad. But putting Britney Spears in GTA was the worst idea ever.

• bensons likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:01 PM Edited by Ash_735, 30 November 2013 - 06:02 PM.

Yeah, just listing the tracks on their own without the reasons is a bit of a move to make, as CP said, I'm the one who found this and did an article on the format changes and shifts with the entire radio over the course of production, you can read it Here: http://www.gtagaming...o-inconsistency

• tom_p1980 and Mr. Jago like this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:05 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 30 November 2013 - 06:09 PM.

Okay, you're right, they aren't that bad. But putting Britney Spears in GTA was the worst idea ever.

Yep, definitely. Seeing her on the leaked soundtrack along with Rihanna was horrifying, I never thought Rockstar would sink that low to pick such sh*tty mainstream pop/R&B artists to be on the soundtrack.

• bensons likes this

COASTERPUNK
  • COASTERPUNK

These are the real sounds of Southern San Andreas

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

I'll admit some pretty good tracks were cut, but I still love the soundtrack as it is. Maybe they will come as DLC as others have suggested, and I would definitely pay some money for all those songs.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users