Photo

How do i fix this?(shadows under cars)

12 replies to this topic
gile0506
  • gile0506

I'm not who you think I am.....

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:32 AM

Hey guys i have a problem and im new here and like the topic says how do i fix the shadows under cars and not just the cars but the whole environment (except for the peds)

If you dont have any idea what im talking about here IRpF8s0.jpg

kj6nkSJ.jpg

xPJKxnV.jpg

I hope you guys know the fix thx :D

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:05 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 30 November 2013 - 10:11 AM.

I honestly can't see the problem.. although you should try the shadow settings extender

Also, what texture mod do you use? It doesn't look like SRT and it looks nice.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed what you mean by the car shadows. It seems like you're using a car mod which most likely has new collisions, but hasn't got any shadows. As far as I know, the shadows are based off of collisions which the mod author most likely didn't add. So you're out of luck. I'd still like to know what texture pack you use though. :p

gile0506
  • gile0506

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:08 AM Edited by gile0506, 30 November 2013 - 11:11 AM.

what do you mean? most of the cars are from the original game....and what about the environment shadows its the same with the cars the shadows are under it......and some of the cars are from gta iv like that taxi and the collisions are the same and when i saw the vid of the gta iv cars it had shadows like the same thing of the ped shadow or not under the ped so please i really need help

PS:I'm using the GTA IV texture pack where it changes all of los santos....

gile0506
  • gile0506

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

MORE SCREENSHOTS

AeNkwjE.png

shHB7Pg.png

klHY8g8.png

VU9xH1l.png

JeHostk.png

pjoNb2Z.png

SUcgAQe.jpg

0kCeUxD.jpg

mdqVugP.png

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

Are you sure you haven't got a mod that disables every shadow other than the player shadow? And you're playing on very high settings too, right? Try the shadow settings extender too.

gile0506
  • gile0506

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:09 AM

yes im sure I dont have any mod that disables shadows and i think i found the fix my self :p by instead of 1280x720x16 i changed it the 16 to 32 and im not sure if it fixed cause I installed robert's ENB v5 and fixed the shadow prob so im really not sure though :/

JohnPro
  • JohnPro

GTAHalo.com

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

This is simple. Shadow models are found in the collision file.

A shadow model in the col file is a low quality model that is the same shape as the car.

Regarding objects - Trees have shadow models, wires, and telephone posts.

Most buildings do not have shadow models.

So if you want GTA SA to be like GTA 4 with shadows very realistic - you would need to create a shadow model for every buildings col file. - a lot of work.

Regarding cars if the default cars do not have a 3d shadow (like player model) then you need to increase graphic settings in the GTA SA menu.

Your cars are using the boring "rectangle texture" as shadows because you probably have settings on low. Use very high and you will see cars have nice proper shadows ;)

BMWSauberF1.08
  • BMWSauberF1.08

San Andreas Rewind Vehicle Artist

• Feroci
  • Italy
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

gta sa vehicles dont have dynamic shadows so shadow are just a black texture under the car.
Shadow textures can be found in particle.txd or effects.txd (i can t remember)
Hope this help you.
Sorry for my bad english

nyolc8
  • nyolc8

-

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

gta sa vehicles dont have dynamic shadows so shadow are just a black texture under the car.
Hope this help you.
Sorry for my bad english

Wrong. Gta sa cars have a lowpoly model in the dff file which is the model of the shadow, and the game projects realtime shadow from that low poly model. So it's not just a texture on the ground.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

Hope this help you.
Sorry for my bad english

Wrong. Gta sa cars have a lowpoly model in the dff file which is the model of the shadow, and the game projects realtime shadow from that low poly model. So it's not just a texture on the ground.

Great bump! But since you already brought it up, I thought even car shadows were controlled by the shadow mesh in the .col for the car?

BMWSauberF1.08
  • BMWSauberF1.08

San Andreas Rewind Vehicle Artist

• Feroci
  • Italy
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:26 PM Edited by Aztecas_5, 16 July 2014 - 08:28 PM.

No,SA doesn't have vehicles .col.
Collisions are stored in the dff aswell the shadow.(yeah i wasn't good when i posted the post above)

SAPBird
  • SAPBird

Living the dream

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:00 AM

If I'm right, you're trying to get rid of the shadows and, judging by your screenshots, you're running on low FX.

The shadows you're talking about are stored in a file called particle.txd inside the folder 'models'. You can use TXD Workshop or any other .txd tool to open it. The shadows you're looking for (skipping peds) are called shad_rcbaron, shad_car, shad_heli and shad_bike. What you can use to get rid of them is a transparent .png file that will replace the shadows so nothing is displayed in-game.

If you have FX set to high, then it is a time consuming task since every vehicle has its own low-poly model stored inside their respective DFF that projects on the ground as a flat, dynamic shadow.

Hope this helps.

uokka
  • uokka

Actually living entity

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:06 PM

Sorry for the bump but the OP itself already posted the correct solution:

[...] and i think i found the fix my self :p by instead of 1280x720x16 i changed it the 16 to 32 [...]

In 16 bit color mode, there won't be any 3D shadows (except for the player and peds).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users