Photo

Should I get Skyrim?

35 replies to this topic
W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

Don't forget to check out the official DLC add-ons Ace (if you end up enjoying Skyrim)

I have to say I was kinda disappointed in the first 2 official add-ons. The first one (Dawnguard) was just ok, and Hearthfire was boring and I hated the (imo, pointless) child adoption feature.

The third and final one, Dragonborn, was the only worthy add-on and the only one I really liked, but it wasn't nearly as good as Oblivion's Shivering Isles (which I personally regard as the best add-on in TES series). Still, it was nice to be back in Solstheim after all those years. Brought back memories from my Morrowind days, even though the place looked completely different. And the new quests are cool. I hated the new ability to ride dragons though. I felt it was badly implemented, but maybe I just never got the hang of it...

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:10 PM Edited by ShadowDog94, 01 December 2013 - 03:11 PM.

I got it, played it about two hours and just gave up. Found it incredibly slow and boring. Oblivion was so much better. Not my kinda game at all. It's weird though cuz I really love the Fallout series.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

This is all true, but the Stormcloak's leader beat the old king in a duel, and is therefore the new king. I don't care what his politics are nor do I care about the political ramifications of him assuming the throne, he won the throne in honourable battle!

He lost his honor and any rights to the title when he ran. That is the Northern way. You, southerners, wouldn't understand.

Nothing in the rules says you can't just kill the old king and immediately bail. >: (

Rules? Rules are for the beurocrats in Cyrodiil. Up here in the North, we have Traditions. No man fit to be High King would run before, during, or after a fight. Torygg accepted the challenge despite being clearly outmatched, as honor demanded. He stood and fought when he had no chance to win. He was a true Nord and a worthy High King. Ulfric knocked him down with his thu'um, and gutted him while he was down. Then he ran. You call that honorable? Ha! He is a coward and a traitor.

Melchior
  • Melchior

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

Bah! And what of the years he spent training in High Hrothgar to earn the power of the thum, while Toryg sat on his big arse!

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

Bah! And what of the years he spent training in High Hrothgar to earn the power of the thum, while Toryg sat on his big arse!

Torygg was a child. Presumably, learning about honor, tradition, and actually ruling a kingdom from his father.

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:58 PM Edited by Greasepalms, 01 December 2013 - 06:59 PM.

Get the GotY package.

Beware that if you get it for a console, it'll become unplayable after like 60 hours on a save game.

not unplayable but the lag and crashes make it unbearable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users