I'm calling it now...

47 replies to this topic
John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:32 AM

I have absolutely no doubt this is going to happen. Ever since the release of San Andreas, there has been this creation of entitled brats who won't be happy unless they get everything their own way.

Unlikely, but I do believe that it isn't going to be the step ahead that most are expecting of next-gen...But surely will be a step ahead of current-gen's GTAV.

GTA IV was a step ahead of San Andreas that was also on a new gen console, yet it was still bashed by the curse of the GTA series aka SA fanboys.

Wouldn't it technically have started with Vice City? I remember hearing quite a lot of complaining about how San Andreas did not feel like GTA because it wasn't about a white mafia guy. It could have happened to Vice City too after III. Though,I never heard about it. These kind of people probably existed for GTA2 when GTA III came out and GTA when GTA2 came out. We've just made it a lot easier to find these complaints now. A side effect of how much we can share over the internet I suppose. 

I never really heard anyone complaining that SA didn't feel like GTA if I'm being completely honest. I'm not saying it didn't exist, but it was nowhere near as prominent as it became when IV released. For years, all we got was..."wahhh no planez wahhh no car cuztomz wahhh no haircutz wahhh no c*ntryside wahhhhhh!!!!"

R* brought all this back, and now it's..."wahhh not enuf interiorz wahhh no gang warzzz wahhh no crouching wahh no bowling wahhhh!!!!".

Like somebody said in another thread, R* should just stop listening to these cry babies, as they're never going to please them, and make the game how they want to make it.

• GTA564 and ten-a-penny like this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:05 AM Edited by spamtackey, 02 December 2013 - 02:08 AM.

I never really heard anyone complaining that SA didn't feel like GTA if I'm being completely honest. I'm not saying it didn't exist, but it was nowhere near as prominent as it became when IV released. For years, all we got was..."wahhh no planez wahhh no car cuztomz wahhh no haircutz wahhh no c*ntryside wahhhhhh!!!!"

R* brought all this back, and now it's..."wahhh not enuf interiorz wahhh no gang warzzz wahhh no crouching wahh no bowling wahhhh!!!!".

Like somebody said in another thread, R* should just stop listening to these cry babies, as they're never going to please them, and make the game how they want to make it.

I used to frequent the GameFaqs and Sony forums and I heard plenty of complaints about it. It wasn't a whole forum of whining, but in 2004/5 the internet was still sort of finding itself. Not saying that nobody was stupid on the internet in 2004 but it definitely seems to have gotten a lot worse. Nowadays everyone is on the internet and the native tongue of the internet is hyperbole. Give a reason for a legit complaint and it'll get blown way out of proportions. 

I definitely think Rockstar should just do what they want. If listening to people hurt GTA V then Rockstar should not have done it. Fans often don't understand the process behind making these games nor do they truly know what they want. They only think they do until they get it and realize it wasn't what they wanted. 

@ Woggleman

It's most likely the timing of the releases and the state of the internet. I can see people having some legit complaints about both IV and V. I have my complaints about both. However, nowadays everyone loves to complain about everything. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

I have absolutely no doubt this is going to happen. Ever since the release of San Andreas, there has been this creation of entitled brats who won't be happy unless they get everything their own way.

Unlikely, but I do believe that it isn't going to be the step ahead that most are expecting of next-gen...But surely will be a step ahead of current-gen's GTAV.

GTA IV was a step ahead of San Andreas that was also on a new gen console, yet it was still bashed by the curse of the GTA series aka SA fanboys.

Wouldn't it technically have started with Vice City? I remember hearing quite a lot of complaining about how San Andreas did not feel like GTA because it wasn't about a white mafia guy. It could have happened to Vice City too after III. Though,I never heard about it. These kind of people probably existed for GTA2 when GTA III came out and GTA when GTA2 came out. We've just made it a lot easier to find these complaints now. A side effect of how much we can share over the internet I suppose. 

Exactly and just watch what happens when VI adds plenty of interiors.

autotheftisgrand
  • autotheftisgrand

Fries optional

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:39 AM Edited by autotheftisgrand, 02 December 2013 - 02:40 AM.

It's gonna happen eventually, but will people stop buying it? I guarantee that's a big fat no. I'm sure R* can handle it and they will give us a great game, some will nitpick on a few details but overall they will still continue to play it.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

I always thought that IV was bland because it had less content than the former. Other than that, it took some good chances and is a great game. With V, it just seems that it isn't in the same spirit as all the other GTA's. If R* is serious about 6, then they need to add new content, many mini games, interiors, and all the other stuff that was in former games. Something as simple as scratch-off lotto tickets would've been cool in V. It's like no effort went into anything except the graphics. I never thought that I would arrive at the opinion that IV is more likable than V, but for me, it just is. I'll only bash GTA 6 if it deserves it. I hope R* has been listening.

How exactly would you do scratch off tickets in GTA. Do you pick a number and if matches a computer generated one you win the money?

No, it'd be like in Chinatown Wars. Another thing is how in Chinatown Wars we could fill up our own molotovs. That's the things missing in V. The innovation.

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:29 PM

OP is right tbh

I mentioned this a while back

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

All that would change is the graphics. It's not like they'll add in more content to the story or anything. 

So yes, people will continue to hurt their own butts for no reason. 

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

People think V is a step down?  

Okay, You could argue there are things that just carried over and should of been improved.  

The wanted system is a complete buzzkill... but a step down?

No... No sir.

But on the new consoles, graphics for V will improve... gameplay and all warts will just port over... maybe some mechanics will need to be tweaked... but will basically be the same game, just prettier...

So... Yeah, people will bitch... especially those who will expect it to be a different game than on the current consoles, all  because they spent their savings on the new systems.

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

I wonder if actually anyone in this forum could actually make a better or anything that looks like GTA 5 or even GTA 4.

PROBABLY NOT.

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

It will be a huge step up in terms of content...no more 8GB of space crap.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:14 PM

:^:

I was gonna make a thread about this today. When SA came out, people bitched about how it's just not as good as VC. When IV came out, people bitched about how it's just not as good as SA. When V came out, people bitched about how it's not as good as IV.

They go from bitching at a game saying it's the worst thing ever and then praising it as the greatest thing in the world once the new whipping boy is shipped out.

This especially annoys me in the cases of IV and Oblivion. People bitched SO hard about them being complete sh*t and were panned for straying too far from the formula. Once the newer installments came out (V, Skyrim), people are totally praising them now: "oh, I just didn't GET how good IV/Oblivion was until I played V/Skyrim"

The GTA/ES fanbase is full of damn hipsters.

• Officer Ronson likes this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

I was gonna make a thread about this today. When SA came out, people bitched about how it's just not as good as VC. When IV came out, people bitched about how it's just not as good as SA. When V came out, people bitched about how it's not as good as IV.

They go from bitching at a game saying it's the worst thing ever and then praising it as the greatest thing in the world once the new whipping boy is shipped out.

This especially annoys me in the cases of IV and Oblivion. People bitched SO hard about them being complete sh*t and were panned for straying too far from the formula. Once the newer installments came out (V, Skyrim), people are totally praising them now: "oh, I just didn't GET how good IV/Oblivion was until I played V/Skyrim"

it's especially annoying to see anyone who does that after you spend a long time defending the game in question. I can't tell how many times I tried explaining the difference between what Rockstar did with IV and San Andreas to some people who turned around and started agreeing only after V came out. It's ridiculous. I haven't been here long enough to see anyone do that, but some people I've spoken to elsewhere did exactly that. 

Can't say I saw any of it for Oblivion or Skyrim though. I generally found Oblivion to be well received and fun and Skyrim well received and fun. Then again, I'm not a huge ES fan anyway so I don't talk to too many people about it. 

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

"I have a cousin that works at R*. He said that GTA VI is in Tokyo and it's coming out for PS4 next year."  :sarcasm:

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

GTAF is more predictable than Sunrise, What OP says, is 100% accurate.

It will happen again, mark my words.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:22 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 03 December 2013 - 08:22 PM.

it's especially annoying to see anyone who does that after you spend a long time defending the game in question. I can't tell how many times I tried explaining the difference between what Rockstar did with IV and San Andreas to some people who turned around and started agreeing only after V came out. It's ridiculous. I haven't been here long enough to see anyone do that, but some people I've spoken to elsewhere did exactly that. 

Can't say I saw any of it for Oblivion or Skyrim though. I generally found Oblivion to be well received and fun and Skyrim well received and fun. Then again, I'm not a huge ES fan anyway so I don't talk to too many people about it. 

What's stupider are the SA/Morrowind fanboys... they only get the new games so they can bitch about how much better the games they like are. A person with common sense would stop playing a game franchise if two consecutive main, 5-year-gap entries were sh*t. I used to LOVE Spyro on the PS1. I bought two PS2 Spyro games on the ps2 when they came out: and they were utter sh*t compared to the original trilogy. I didn't continue buying every single Spyro game that came out and go to their forums to bitch about how they'll never be as good as Spyro 3, I just stopped f*ckin' playing the games and moved on with my life.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

When the next Red Dead comes out people are going to tear it apart. I am calling it right now.

KaKaja
  • KaKaja

GTA 5 GLITCHES <3 WITH PRIDE

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

I always thought that IV was bland because it had less content than the former. Other than that, it took some good chances and is a great game. With V, it just seems that it isn't in the same spirit as all the other GTA's. If R* is serious about 6, then they need to add new content, many mini games, interiors, and all the other stuff that was in former games. Something as simple as scratch-off lotto tickets would've been cool in V. It's like no effort went into anything except the graphics. I never thought that I would arrive at the opinion that IV is more likable than V, but for me, it just is. I'll only bash GTA 6 if it deserves it. I hope R* has been listening.

you have the most pretentious signature i have ever read ever in any forums

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

Well, since there are so many "Nostradamus" around here that seem to know how a specific community will behave upon a specific situation, I'd like also to see some reliable statistics first that actually show without any doubt that "THE SAME PEOPLE" change their speech every time a new title is released. I love how people use stereotypes without any freaking clue of what they're saying.

Hardly the "same people" say how bad a game is and praise it 5 years later when a new one gets released, in fact it's not very common that most of the "whiners" are still around after so long, they come like a tsunami when a new title is about to be released or has just been released and camp for a few months and disappear without any trace. So your statement is indeed wrong.

Yes there are people now saying the game sucks, yes there are people they say the game is amazing and yes there will once again be people that say the new title sucks and is amazing and always be like that, but I really doubt that the same people that now hate the game or love it will change their feel in 5 years when a new title comes out, unless something very good or bad happened in the process... assuming they don't have any medical condition.

As for the haters of the game and the complainers, there are some that just don't like the vibe of V and enjoyed other games more, like IV with the urban jungle or SA for the "gangsta theme" and multiple cities, well those are legit complains not everyone like the same thing. But there are others that hate it now and were "in love" with it when it was announced but that was Rockstar fault only, they promoted one thing but delivered another and I'm not only talking about graphics.

I'm sure when the NG version is released it will have a lot of differences, in fact I'm already imagining that the same will happen with everyone looking forward for WD when they actually see the current gen version in action. Overall you should think that it would be a lot worst if they didn't take the trouble to release it for current gen, they made an amazing job but I'm sure they felt frustrated with the cuts they had to do during the all process.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users