Photo

I'm calling it now...

47 replies to this topic
TheDust
  • TheDust

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

Once the new Grand Theft Auto is released on the next generation consoles, we're going to have a whole bunch of people bitching about how "It just is a step down from V" or "V was a much more fleshed out game in the process".

History repeats itself and that's what happened with IV. It got trashed on these forums, and now it's held up to high standards.

• Fuzzknuckles, D1RTYŽ, Wolfhuman and 6 others like this

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:32 AM

huehuehuehue

cuebutthurttrolls

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:32 AM

Interesting...tell us more.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

ExitiumMachina
  • ExitiumMachina

What?

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:33 AM

Unlikely, but I do believe that it isn't going to be the step ahead that most are expecting of next-gen...But surely will be a step ahead of current-gen's GTAV.

TheDust
  • TheDust

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:34 AM

Interesting...tell us more.

The graphics will be pretty nice on nextgen too.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Something I look forward to.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

I would bet hundreds of dollars on it I am so sure.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

I never complained about IV but I have complained about V. Your logic is flawed.

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:37 AM Edited by NYdreamz, 30 November 2013 - 02:41 AM.

So if history repeats itself ... and judging by the last sentence .... Gta V will soon be held up to high standards ....

Which also means that if ppl sh*t on GTA VI that history will repeat itself and be held up to high standards .... so da f*ck was thread made for

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Smoother than silk

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:52 AM

You know this generalisation makes no sense to me. It's likely the people who never liked GTA IV when it was new still don't like it now and the ones holding it to a "higher standard" are the long term GTA IV fans, but to be honest GTA IV on a critical level has been flogged like a dead horse.

GTA V is like a fresh piece of meat being thrown into a lion's den. Of course when GTA VI comes out GTA V will have its loyal fans looking at it with great admiration. Like GTA IV fans now and SA fans back when GTA IV was new and so on.

• Wolfhuman, ten-a-penny and Sting4S like this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

Yep, even tho i liked GTA san andreas even after gta iv. I find GTA V a lot better then san andreas.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:06 PM

I will not stop bitching about any GTA no matter what :D
  • AtomicPunk likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

I will actually bet real money on this I am so sure of it. The best thing that happened for IV fans was V being released and the best thing that will happen for V fans will be VI being released. People will also complain about too many interiors and most of them being empty with nothing to do. They will be talked about the way the countryside so many demanded is talked about in V. People will also complain that they took yoga out like they do with the annoying calls in IV.

• D1RTYŽ likes this

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

Except the people who hated on GTA 4 are not the same ones praising it now. Get the hint.

• boxmonster likes this

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

I never complained about IV but I have complained about V. Your logic is flawed.

So you are now the whole GTAForums comunity?
What OP says it's true.
  • blakeney and Valdorien like this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

What OP says it's true.

So you are now the whole GTAForums community as well?

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

So if history repeats itself ... and judging by the last sentence .... Gta V will soon be held up to high standards ....

Which also means that if ppl sh*t on GTA VI that history will repeat itself and be held up to high standards .... so da f*ck was thread made for

To highlight to the masses/fools exactly how moronic they are... dat da f*ck is da point. :p

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

Wasn't San Andreas bashed for not being as good as Vice City?

• DeafMetal likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:45 PM Edited by StingrayX, 01 December 2013 - 05:47 PM.

Ahh, I knew this thread would be about this. I'm calling it now, that some idiot is going to go around say, "You all bitched about V and now you're bitching about VI" Hell this could go on to, "You all bitched about GTA: San Andreas 10 now you're bitching about GTA: San Andreas 11"

What OP says it's true.

Oh the irony. :sigh: Man you post as dumb as you're avatar looks.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

I always thought IV was a massive leap forward over SA, in everything but content.

Depends how long Rockstar take to develop VI. I doubt it will be another 5 years.

FutoDriver
  • FutoDriver

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:59 PM Edited by FutoDriver, 01 December 2013 - 05:59 PM.

Yeah, what about my group who played GTA IV and loved it from the start, and the steps taken to take the series forward. Turned on GTA V and thought "what the hell is this?"

I don't appreciate everyone with this opinion is now viewed as bandwagon haters on these forums.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:45 PM

I except that many of the complainers might not be the same people but where was all this love for IV a year ago? They are coming out of the woodwork lately.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

It's been a ride

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:52 PM Edited by saintsrow, 01 December 2013 - 11:53 PM.

Once the new Grand Theft Auto is released on the next generation consoles, we're going to have a whole bunch of people bitching about how "It just is a step down from V" or "V was a much more fleshed out game in the process".

History repeats itself and that's what happened with IV. It got trashed on these forums, and now it's held up to high standards.

I think that for GTA on the next gen consoles, Rockstar will add a Tai Chi activity, and dis-incentivize carjacking by increasing the police response.  :) Continuing the bold new direction and fanbase satisfaction. 

notsoslimshady14
  • notsoslimshady14

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:38 AM

People actually think GTA V is a step down from IV? 

LMAO

• StarFyer, DeafMetal, Valdorien and 1 other like this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

I always thought that IV was bland because it had less content than the former. Other than that, it took some good chances and is a great game. With V, it just seems that it isn't in the same spirit as all the other GTA's. If R* is serious about 6, then they need to add new content, many mini games, interiors, and all the other stuff that was in former games. Something as simple as scratch-off lotto tickets would've been cool in V. It's like no effort went into anything except the graphics. I never thought that I would arrive at the opinion that IV is more likable than V, but for me, it just is. I'll only bash GTA 6 if it deserves it. I hope R* has been listening.

• PulpFiction likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

I always thought that IV was bland because it had less content than the former. Other than that, it took some good chances and is a great game. With V, it just seems that it isn't in the same spirit as all the other GTA's. If R* is serious about 6, then they need to add new content, many mini games, interiors, and all the other stuff that was in former games. Something as simple as scratch-off lotto tickets would've been cool in V. It's like no effort went into anything except the graphics. I never thought that I would arrive at the opinion that IV is more likable than V, but for me, it just is. I'll only bash GTA 6 if it deserves it. I hope R* has been listening.

How exactly would you do scratch off tickets in GTA. Do you pick a number and if matches a computer generated one you win the money?

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:08 AM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 02 December 2013 - 01:09 AM.

I have absolutely no doubt this is going to happen. Ever since the release of San Andreas, there has been this creation of entitled brats who won't be happy unless they get everything their own way.

Unlikely, but I do believe that it isn't going to be the step ahead that most are expecting of next-gen...But surely will be a step ahead of current-gen's GTAV.

GTA IV was a step ahead of San Andreas that was also on a new gen console, yet it was still bashed by the curse of the GTA series aka SA fanboys.

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:14 AM

Yes, but which GTA tastes the most like strawberries?

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:21 AM Edited by spamtackey, 02 December 2013 - 01:21 AM.

I have absolutely no doubt this is going to happen. Ever since the release of San Andreas, there has been this creation of entitled brats who won't be happy unless they get everything their own way.

GTA IV was a step ahead of San Andreas that was also on a new gen console, yet it was still bashed by the curse of the GTA series aka SA fanboys.

Wouldn't it technically have started with Vice City? I remember hearing quite a lot of complaining about how San Andreas did not feel like GTA because it wasn't about a white mafia guy. It could have happened to Vice City too after III. Though,I never heard about it. These kind of people probably existed for GTA2 when GTA III came out and GTA when GTA2 came out. We've just made it a lot easier to find these complaints now. A side effect of how much we can share over the internet I suppose. 

• DeafMetal and dreadluxx like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:28 AM

Wouldn't it technically have started with Vice City? I remember hearing quite a lot of complaining about how San Andreas did not feel like GTA because it wasn't about a white mafia guy. It could have happened to Vice City too after III. Though,I never heard about it. These kind of people probably existed for GTA2 when GTA III came out and GTA when GTA2 came out. We've just made it a lot easier to find these complaints now. A side effect of how much we can share over the internet I suppose. 

True but it seemed to get even worse once GTA moved into the HD era. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users