Photo

Im confused about the hate for Gta V

145 replies to this topic
Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:55 PM Edited by Osho, 03 December 2013 - 01:02 PM.

Im confused about the hate for Gta V as well. Compare V with past any GTA :p you'll find much broken or downright unrealistic elements in the design, in addition to poor graphics, smaller map, much desired improvements to other open world titles for that time and much more.

GTA V succeeds in at least giving a start to a right direction the way many rival open world developers are leaning towards. 

There is good amount of realism involving physics and game features. Great graphics, feel for it and a map to roam about and enjoy them.

And like every GTA there are shortfalls but much small in number that could still be addressed in PC game, once it comes out. Besides, the modding will do the needful.

So, all in all it's a good situation for a GTA first time so why are we hating it so much :)

Seriously, you are not a true GTA Fan if you can't see the difference.

• Tashan and BFR579 like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

You're not a true GTA fan if try overlook or ignore significant flaws in a GTA game that clearly deserves criticism. It just makes you an ass-licker of Rockstar. 

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

You're not a true GTA fan if try overlook or ignore significant flaws in a GTA game that clearly deserves criticism. It just makes you an ass-licker of Rockstar.

Both of you are wrong.
You're not a GTA fan if you don't like or play the series.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

You mean in the past there were no significant flaws? The way I see they have got rid of a good number of them and the flaws (afaik and read about) are mostly bitching about online affecting single-player, map size, car handling, less interiors, less activities and radio stations.

What's significant here, buddy? Will someone please enlighten me as to what is a 'clearly deserving criticism' with this game so SERIOUS?

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:30 PM Edited by Osho, 03 December 2013 - 01:33 PM.

I am waiting .... :blink: are you dead or alive?

EDIT:

Alright, then

I take it as GTA V is the best experience a true GTA player can ever expect to hit the consoles :)

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

You mean in the past there were no significant flaws? The way I see they have got rid of a good number of them and the flaws (afaik and read about) are mostly bitching about online affecting single-player, map size, car handling, less interiors, less activities and radio stations.

What's significant here, buddy? Will someone please enlighten me as to what is a 'clearly deserving criticism' with this game so SERIOUS?
Keep in mind what you consider significant may not be what someone else considers.

Someone may find the change of vehicle physics or radio stations to be significant flaws.

You can't objectively say what's "significant" and what isn't.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

Sir, I am asking what's new that we have never seen before to be considered as a serious flaw?

Just saying, In Vice City Tommy couldn't not swim but now we have a beautiful beach and a DLC to enjoy.

Point is those flaws were present right from, say GTA 2? and with V they are much improved.
Even I agree not to an extent of perfection but still it's better and we are enjoying it, aren't we?

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

I belive many people are still not clear about difference between flaw and 'neglected improvements'.

The list is still pending but it's also true the list of neglected items is small by all this time.

Lastly the new players who are quite used to GTA 4 over GTA SA too are stuck in the middle of huge map size to roam and tight number of options to play on it.
If you stop comparing then this last confusion can easy fade away.

IMO only major flaw about GTA V is the Story which has taken a step down rather improved upon.

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

The wanted system ruins most amount of fun to be had. It would be my favourite behind Vice City if it weren't for that.

Can you (or anyone else) specifically state the flaws about the wanted system or the LCPD in the game?

I've seen some people say that it's better this time, while others pretty much say the opposite. I didn't play much of the game, only f*cked around it on my friend's system.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia
  • Worst Bellic [All Time]

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

Overall I had some fun with the game but ultimately was let down by a lack of consistency with the story etc. As Official General said above, when the negatives outweigh the positives your opinion of the game suffers.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

But what are those negatives?
I would like to know it as well.
In this thread I didn't get anything seriously as negative as what is felt for V by many.

This IS AS BEST V As A Console Game Can Be.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

When you play V there is a sense of being lost in real life world with amazing beauty wrapped around it. It's like a tour of a new city rather same old LS. A few desired design changes aside you can literally spend a day exploring around.
I can't believe why suddenly such a hate has erupted?
Otherwise I had so much fun playing it. Now only I get the PC game as early as possible to enjoy it even more.

Such a shame we could not appreciate the hard work of Rockstar for the age old complaints that are being looked upon with every release while our GTA Series has shown such a great potential for future.
Seriously I am confused and saddened about the hate for V

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

@AtomicPunk

So this should embarrass them?

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

The damage could have been great if they just sensitized it more. Hopefully they patch it.

That's a good way to look at it. It DOES need sensitized. In IV, if you're going fast, and sometimes even slow, and you hit something, there is damage. I'm pretty sure that all GTA games are like that up until V. With V, you can be going full speed ahead and crash into a wall but nothing happens. That makes no sense. The damage in V is very inconsistant and it really takes away from the game sometimes, for me.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:00 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 03 December 2013 - 06:07 PM.

The wanted system ruins most amount of fun to be had. It would be my favourite behind Vice City if it weren't for that.

Can you (or anyone else) specifically state the flaws about the wanted system or the LCPD in the game?

I've seen some people say that it's better this time, while others pretty much say the opposite. I didn't play much of the game, only f*cked around it on my friend's system.

It's just how extreme they react to everything. Beat up two pedestrians and you'll automatically get a one-star level with squad cars searching for you. This especially makes trying to build your Strength up annoying. I liked it better when they carried batons and just tried beating you up with them, now they're simply cowardly bastards who point their firearms at you and blow you away should you even make an attempt to escape.

You'll also get a two or three star wanted level for so much as harming a cop, even if you just use your fists to knock them out with one punch or from using stealth, next thing you know a helicopter is on your arse. it doesn't stop there though, they (especially the FIB) have very good accuracy, and by four or five stars they'll have you cornered no matter where you are. The amount of health you have is noticeably less than previous games, even if you max out your Strength skill. It's a bit of a joke that they include different levels of armor when not even the full one is enough to project yourself against these psychos. Had they included an upgrade that doubles/triples your health then this wouldn't have bothered me.

Maybe it is a bit more realistic (except for being totally over-aggressive), but this trigger-happy wanted system for me has at least made going on a raging police massacre even harder and more frustrating. One thing I do like though is the ability to save game at any time so if you get gunned down, you can load from where you left off. Even then, GTA III's is still harder to fight off cops, mainly because of a sh*tty aiming system, low health, fast police spawning and a lack of things like a cover system.

Trevor is not bad for doing this sort of thing but only because of his special ability. Michael's can be useful but it's simply not enough to hold them away. Franklin's ability is driving based though it can be handy when shooting in cars or trying to lose them.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

Get the character's strength up and they can take a lot more damage which makes rampages much more fun.

Ermac
  • Ermac

Black Spasmodic

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

Get the character's strength up and they can take a lot more damage which makes rampages much more fun.

The amount of health you have is noticeably less than previous games, even if you max out your Strength skill.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

The amount of health you have is noticeably less than previous games, even if you max out your Strength skill.

Yep, I've not noticed much of a difference. Even Online has a "Max Health" stat.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

But what are those negatives?
I would like to know it as well.
In this thread I didn't get anything seriously as negative as what is felt for V by many.
This IS AS BEST V As A Console Game Can Be.

You need to read previous posts on this thread. This has been explained many times on here before on many threads. You can't be that blind or incompetant to miss it all.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:09 AM

..sigh...well where to start with this game? I guess lets get it going straight off that this isn't a bad game at all. If this is a bad addition in the series then still It's pretty damn fun and quite enjoyable at times but it really is not at all that flawed as of the previous two games (GTA SA and IV).

Two things: it doesn't improve on really anything at all? and really only has a few positive things to supposedly makes the negative so strong that you literally hate it?

Yes, I have read the pages back and forth but seriously nothing that serious to be kind of feel angry about. Disappointed? Fine! but why such an extreme dislike?

It lacks the writing but story was never a significant strength of this game as much the game play except the characters kept the fun going. I can't say about how much the characters make an impression since I don't really care about it. I am a hardcore GTA player not driven by the story but only the gaming aspect specifically.

To me it appears It is just more of the same complaints and I would be more interested to understand any thing new that a  player has noticed in the game that takes a big hit on his expectations.

I don't think so that such a situation has been for V given that as a console game you have been given one of the finest product ever plus the ever promising online as well. 

If you are only a single player then I must stress that there is no need to hurry and conclude that the game has nothing more for you, in future. 

Let some time pass out you'll be surprised how much Rockstar has planned for you too.

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:23 AM

Two reasons:

Some people are never satisfied with anything and,

Some people have sh*t taste. 

There you go.

• Osho likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:24 PM Edited by Official General, 04 December 2013 - 12:28 PM.

..sigh...well where to start with this game? I guess lets get it going straight off that this isn't a bad game at all. If this is a bad addition in the series then still It's pretty damn fun and quite enjoyable at times but it really is not at all that flawed as of the previous two games (GTA SA and IV).

Two things: it doesn't improve on really anything at all? and really only has a few positive things to supposedly makes the negative so strong that you literally hate it?

Yes, I have read the pages back and forth but seriously nothing that serious to be kind of feel angry about. Disappointed? Fine! but why such an extreme dislike?

It lacks the writing but story was never a significant strength of this game as much the game play except the characters kept the fun going. I can't say about how much the characters make an impression since I don't really care about it. I am a hardcore GTA player not driven by the story but only the gaming aspect specifically.

To me it appears It is just more of the same complaints and I would be more interested to understand any thing new that a  player has noticed in the game that takes a big hit on his expectations.

I don't think so that such a situation has been for V given that as a console game you have been given one of the finest product ever plus the ever promising online as well. 

If you are only a single player then I must stress that there is no need to hurry and conclude that the game has nothing more for you, in future. 

Let some time pass out you'll be surprised how much Rockstar has planned for you too.

Bro, if you have read the relevant posts, and you still don't understand the reasons for GTA V being criticized, then I'm sorry I cannot help you if you any further. Especially if you are lacking brain cells, which in this case you clearly seem to.

And just to clarify to you (like I've done a million times already on here to others), most of the critics of V like myself don't necessarily hate the game or extremely dislike it - overall we enjoyed playing it and had a blast for most part, but we are simply disappointed with it at the same time. It is still a very good game - but to us, it's just not as great as it should and could have been, and that is where we feel letdown. It cannot get any clearer than that. 

I'm glad you love it so much and think it to be perfect or near-perfect, but we just don't like it in the same way you do, valid reasons have been given and it's up to you as to whether you personally agree or not. There is nothing else to analyze or understand about this. 

And of you are confused and saddened about other people's opinions and criticisms about a video game on an online forum, then you really need to re-evaluate your priorities in life. 

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

lacking brain cells? I’m personally not the best example of this for sure. Most of us are actually quite adept to enjoying V since release, otherwise how fast you learned of the negatives, does not show smart you are.

Looks like some super specific disappointment that has left at least me from being affected. But I do respect your opinion for the game except was looking forward for more details to catch the problem.

But, honestly after reading this thread even Rockstar might not believe the viewers criticism for the efforts they have put up.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:04 PM Edited by Official General, 04 December 2013 - 01:04 PM.

lacking brain cells? I’m personally not the best example of this for sure. Most of us are actually quite adept to enjoying V since release, otherwise how fast you learned of the negatives, does not show smart you are.

Looks like some super specific disappointment that has left at least me from being affected. But I do respect your opinion for the game except was looking forward for more details to catch the problem.

But, honestly after reading this thread even Rockstar might not believe the viewers criticism for the efforts they have put up.

Bro, I don't wanna keep going over the same things in too much detail. There is an official GTA disappointment thread in the pinned topic section of this forum, there are a ton of details there, especially if you start from the early pages. I've posted in there too. Just do some intense browsing you will see relevant stuff on what you are looking for in many other threads.

How many GTAs have you actually played ? Maybe this is your first, so to you it feels amazing ? I don't know, but many others who have played previous GTAs extensively and closely followed V's pre-release hype train would know why V is being criticized so much. 

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

POV City Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:49 PM

It's actually your fault if you believe every pre-release info given. The fact is, R* never promised anything. Many things were just made up from various sources.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:21 AM

It's actually your fault if you believe every pre-release info given. The fact is, R* never promised anything. Many things were just made up from various sources.

Sure Rockstar never stated such things, but the only thing I'm disappointed in is how they went backwards on so many things.

Like being able buy things from food vendors, not marking convenience store on the map, removing the classic restaurants, a poor hunting minigame compared to RDR, peds not having different animations depending on their health, bullet wounds, gunplay like Max Payne 3 (well this one they actually did say would be in the game), being able to leave the car engine on, being able to just knock peds out (instead everything kills them), paramedics being able to revive NPCs (now they're always dead), removing crouching, cops still finding you in the middle of nowhere, helicopters arriving in less than three seconds.

Those are the things I can think off of the top of my head, but when I'm playing and I run into a design or feature that Rockstar has tackled before in IV, RDR, or MP3, it boggles my mind how they screwed it up in V.

Don't get me wrong (bah, what am I saying - there are idiots on this forum where this is going to go all over your hate-filled heads), I love the game. There are so many things V did great, and it's nice. But I just can't get over how many things were also screwed up along the way. Rockstar really took two steps forward, and one step back with V.

On the bright side, most, if not everything that's "wrong" with V can and most likely will be added/fixed with mods once it is released on the PC. So there's that.

• Ermac likes this

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:51 AM

GTA IV features aside, where are all the good San Andreas features? I expected GTA V to be the best of both worlds, but ended up bringing the worst of both.

San Andreas I feel was the most RPG like GTA of all time... people loved it for that reason. I mean you could own different homes in Vice... you have different safe houses in the others... but like San Andreas had 30 or so houses... houses not "properties" but houses you could buy. You also started your own gang and conducted gang wars. 

This being said... You can spend a ton of time collecting all those safe houses, modding out cars to go into them, even collecting helicopters and sh*t. You can also spend time taking control over the cities and eliminating enemy gangs.... In VCS they had this same function and I still play that on my PSP when I am bored at work.... just rolling around with gang members attacking other gangs and outrunning the cops, great thing to do in my downtime at work. Why I am stoked for San Andreas mobile. 

~~~ Its odd, After San Andreas... then VCS... Came IV.... I was expecting them to take the RPG thing even further... customizable properties, starting your own gang again, perhaps you could establish and build an empire like in VCS but with HD graphics and a bigger map with more interesting things to do. I was expecting you to be able to change your character's appearance to pretty much anything you wanted and be able to pretty much live anywhere you wanted. 

I was waiting to see 30 + safe houses, all with different goodies and what not... on top of the properties and businesses you an buy.... 

The IV came out... was pretty much all story based and I hardly got into it. No more leading the cops into the mountains to kill them, no more RPG feel... 

~~ Thats fine.. I love story games.. not as much as open ended RPGs but i do love the story... and I tried to get into IV but never bought it or really beat it... Never tried the stories either. (Tho I want to) 

I simply knew after playing it for 5 min that they branched away from the Role playing aspect that San andreas had and went more into the story... who is this Russian and what was he doing... THIS is why alot of people love IV and lots hate it... it had an interesting story, so those who like a good story were into it. But for me, who likes the ability to live either in LS, LF, the middle of the woods, or perhaps the desert, or perhaps that beach house..... or anywhere I damn please... and who likes to spend hours just doing gang territory wars? IV wasnt for me... One day Ill pick it up and sit down and play it through like I do action adventure games.... play them once,, damn cool story... had me going... but never play again. Dead space is like that... game rocked!!! the 1st time thru.... Bioshock.... theres others... IV was along those lines.... 

Now V came out... Woah! Bigger than San Andreas! 3 characters! A desert?! 3 cities LS being huge?! 

"Yea" I thought "They goin back to the RPG element" 

I thought... I was going to be able to buy a cabin in the woods, a beach house in Paleto bay, a high rise in downtown LS and have my mansion in Vinewood. Go hunting in the woods then come home for dinner and plan for a weekend trip to Paleto bay... I dont f*cken know... but choices man choices... 

I thought I was going to have a bunch of businesses, banks, stores ect... and I was going to have the freedom to choose how to preform the heist, when it went down, and who came along. Like... there was a bunch of possible heist locations (sure have the main story but add additional ones to plan yourself) and you were going to be able to approach them as you see fit. 

This is not how it was... they stuck to how IV was... a story based game... Im cool with that... just wasn't what I expected. I thought, after I beat the story, Ill be able to do the RPG thing and like...take TP industries to the top, or get Franklin's gang going, or have the freedom to preform additional heists on targets I find around the city.... 

Needless to say, Im cool with the story of V... was a good story... not ALL the way through so cant completely judge it... but honestly I am more interested in GTA O .. which has that role playing element that is missing in V yet still lacking compared to San Andreas... anyways.. I like choosing my house in GTA O.. I like the open ended missions that let you choose what you do, tho I just wish the heist system was more open ended. (I know its gonna be a cut scene roller coaster like GTA V was)

That being said... this game is dope as a story game.. I enjoy the story, the craziness, the interactions between characters ect... HOWEVER it isnt R*'s best story.... its all over the place... one minute you are working for the FIB the next you are assassinating some dude then you are stealing money to fund the FIB... there were times were I had to pause it... take a fat dab... then go back and be like .. ok wtf are we doing now? 

And the Heists... come now.. they are cool really cool.. leave those heists in why not... but.. wasnt what I expected... I did NOT excpect the over the top cutscene roller coaster ride where Lester HOLDS YOUR HAND SO TIGHT IT TURNS PURPLE through the planning process.... GO OVER THERE,,, YOU WANT TO ENTER THERE, YOU HAVE TO DO IT THIS WAY OR THAT WAY... like f*ck! I thought this was a SAND BOX GAME let me plan my own f*cken heists...... 

See my point? Heists story... all cool... but like I felt like I was playing Uncharted... which is cool.. its this new direction for GTA... the cinematic story telling GTA... plot twists and in depth characters...  cool I like it... But.. I also like the open ended RPG element that you left behind in the 3d era.... 

All and all, if it werent for online GTA V would be another game I play, beat, go WOAH COOL RIDE then sell for another game... Games like Skyrim, San Andreas, even RDR in some respects, (though RDR had a bomb story, best R* ever told) where you can play for countless hours working on your own "empire" or "character" aside from a story. In an essence create your own story. 

I dont hate on V... they just deceived me, thought they were going back to their opened ended roots, and they should have THE WORLD IS SO f*ckEN MAGNIFICENT.... you just can only do so much with it, I feel there is more to do in the world itself online than SP... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users