» «
Photo

Im confused about the hate for Gta V

145 replies to this topic
tyranatopherrex
  • tyranatopherrex

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:28 AM Edited by tyranatopherrex, 30 November 2013 - 02:37 AM.

I've been playing gta V almost every day since the game came out and i am perplexed with all the hate for this game on the forums. I love the game and think it is a massive accomplishment in gaming. Its borderline perfection IMO. What is everyones problem with the game? I don't know what everyone was expecting… I mean damn i got what i was expecting and my hopes were really really HIGH! I was waiting anxiously everyday before the game came out and i was really pleased with the end result. The online is a great time and the single player was phenomenal in every way. The world is great (I will admit could have more variety), The controls are perfect and the driving is the perfect blend between realism and arcadey. Multiple characters is amazing and a great new addition to the franchise and i hope they keep it. Im just confused on how you could think this game is bad, or not as good as IV or San Andreas. Hell, when IV was out everyone said that they didn't think it was that good but now people are saying its a million times better then V. its like people who play COD always saying the previous game is better. I don't know. Am I The only one who thinks this way?

• Wolfhuman, DeafMetal, IveGotNoValues and 9 others like this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:31 AM

I don't know... I mean I want something that isn't this but at the same time, I really want the other stuff too...
  • saintsrow, davetopper, Tampinha85 and 4 others like this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:34 AM

I don't know... I mean I want something that isn't this but at the same time, I really want the other stuff too...

Well, tell me exactly what it is that you want, and I will very carefully explain why it cannot be.
  • DeafMetal, Murad The Murderer, davetopper and 8 others like this

ExitiumMachina
  • ExitiumMachina

What?

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:35 AM

I'm confused by it too, but you can't please everyone and the game certainly does have its flaws.  Still a top-notch title though, as R* always delivers (Well, mostly).

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:37 AM

Well, tell me exactly what it is that you want, and I will very carefully explain why it cannot be.

What!?
  • Billy james, bish0p2004, ahmadjufri and 1 other like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:42 AM

Dad! He said I had a massive.. Jimmy called me a bitch! Oh wait..

On topic:

There is people who ask for too much, R* tried to appeal both crowds both the realism and the over the top fun ones.

But it seems you can never please people..

• robban likes this

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:44 AM

A lot of people felt there wasn't a progression, or there was even a regression, in the game's physics/mechanics, mission/story telling and/or atmosphere from IV. It certainly has more content than IV (which lack of content was a big complaint when IV came out), but the gameplay itself isn't better to a lot of people.

• tom_p1980, saintsrow, boxmonster and 1 other like this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:49 AM

A lot of people felt there wasn't a progression, or there was even a regression, in the game's physics/mechanics, mission/story telling and/or atmosphere from IV. It certainly has more content than IV (which lack of content was a big complaint when IV came out), but the gameplay itself isn't better to a lot of people.

This is the best explanation for the OP. 

tyranatopherrex
  • tyranatopherrex

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:50 AM

Gta IV physics were more realistic, but that was also boring when you crash every five seconds if you go over 30 miles per hour… I also don't see how the gameplay is better when controls and cover system clearly are better in V. I also feel like IVs story was boring and dragged on and on and on, While Gta Vs missions felt different and new every time I played one. Plus you can't compare the typical Nico Bellic to the likes of Trevor, Michael, and Franklin (well maybe Franklin). Idk I'm still confused

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:51 AM

Your hopes were really really really high and you got what u wanted ????

Hmmm...

tyranatopherrex
  • tyranatopherrex

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:54 AM

Hmmm...

You have no idea…. I stayed up all night for the gameplay trailer, And went to the Midnight release!  :lol:

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:56 AM

Plus you can't compare the typical Nico Bellic to the likes of Trevor, Michael, and Franklin (well maybe Franklin). Idk I'm still confused

Can you compare god to a regular human being? That's why you can't compare Niko to Michael, Trevor and Franklin.

He's the almighty.

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

Hmmm...

You have no idea. I stayed up all night for the gameplay trailer, And went to the Midnight release!  :lol:

and that's crazy because from what I've read on here .... people with that high of excitement for the game were the ones who were disappointed in it

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:11 AM

Trailers,info.Misleads.false ads

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:11 AM

Because they need something to bitch about.

You have no idea how excited I was for this game. Did it meet my expectations?

Hell yes.

• tyranatopherrex likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:17 AM

@SonOfLiberty

Almighty? HA.

Only when in combat though, he was able to pull some awesome counter attacks.

But then again, Michael can slow down time and shoot Niko over 60 times in the head.

Trevor can become invencible for quite a fair amount of time and head-butt him.

Franklin could just slow down time while driving and run him over.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:29 AM

@SonOfLiberty

Almighty? HA.

But then again, Michael can slow down time and shoot Niko over 60 times in the head.

Bitch please. Niko has his sexy serbian sprinting to escape from those noobs.

• Officer Ronson and Ermac. like this

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:35 AM

@SonOfLiberty

Almighty? HA.

We all know Niko would just pull out his phone and spam the health and weapons cheat. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:50 AM

@SonOfLiberty

Almighty? HA.

We all know Niko would just pull out his phone and spam the health and weapons cheat. 

But if he gets shot, then his phone goes down. Then he'll be vulnerable!

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Out of Commission

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:56 AM

You all seem to forget that Niko is a guest in the country, therefore M, T, and F have to treat him with the utmost love and care, just like the LCPD do on a daily basis.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:00 AM

@SonOfLiberty

Almighty? HA.

Niko doesn't need any of that sh*t.
  • SilverRST likes this

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Dont take anything for granted, it could all be gone soon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:00 AM

Believe me I'm still confused about it too, this game still has me amazed and excited after 2 months.

tyranatopherrex
  • tyranatopherrex

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:03 AM

Believe me I'm still confused about it too, this game still has me amazed and excited after 2 months.

I agree sometimes i still get excited seeing the sunset and how amazing this game looks… Especially to be on current gen

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:39 AM

Hmmm...

You have no idea. I stayed up all night for the gameplay trailer, And went to the Midnight release!  :lol:

and that's crazy because from what I've read on here .... people with that high of excitement for the game were the ones who were disappointed in it

Oh of course. If you had high expectations for the game, and it actually met or exceeded your expectations, then that's great! Terrific! You're a true R* fan!

But, if you had high expectations and were disappointed, you're a whiny crybaby who should have never got his hopes up in the first place.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:10 AM Edited by GtaIvFanboy, 30 November 2013 - 05:11 AM.

V is a good game that there is no doubt BUT To many people and me included had the impression this WAS GOING TO BE THE ULTIMATE GTA THE Special  ONE! the game that embodied everything from the past games and took it to a  whole new level it was going to have a great storyline like IV The content of San Andreas the style of Vice City. and be the perfect Grand theft auto be  R* Last masterpiece This Gen! but its not im afraid  its still a good game. 

but i do think it could of been a masterpiece it could of had a  ridiculous amount of content a fantastic well written storyline that blew every  Scorsese and Tarantino  screenplay out of the water  but people would still hate on it because  Its Human Nature nothing can be perfect because the Definition  of perfect is Different For everyone.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

OP took the words out of my my mouth. Same with Gta iv indeed, people said the game was bad but some now suddenly praise it. Although not all members, some. People expected just way too much.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

OP took the words out of my my mouth. Same with Gta iv indeed, people said the game was bad but some now suddenly praise it. Although not all members, some. People expected just way too much.

Did it ever occur to your thick skull that the same people who did not like or criticize GTA IV, are not necessarily the same people who don't like or criticize GTA V ??

• bish0p2004 and 727gta like this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:12 PM

Did it ever occur to your thick skull that the same people who did not like or criticize GTA IV, are not necessarily the same people who don't like or criticize GTA V ??

Oops, no need to get angry. I said: some people.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:13 PM Edited by bish0p2004, 01 December 2013 - 03:14 PM.

Of course not...this is how dimwitted a lot of fans are.

Oops, no need to get angry. I said: some people.

Hell, you don't even know if those "some" people are the same people.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

The wanted system ruins most amount of fun to be had. It would be my favourite behind Vice City if it weren't for that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users