WHY CHANNEL X?

74 replies to this topic
Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

I wish R* would add a custom channel you can add your Pandora or Itunes to.

Peaches84
  • Peaches84

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

My music volume is on zeo do it's never on. I prefer to hear people shouting at me over the mic instead :p

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

if this is punk what's Vinewood Boulevard? alternative?

coz I quite like that station

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

if this is punk what's Vinewood Boulevard? alternative?

coz I quite like that station

im not sure what that music is classed as but i dont mind it either.

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

In San Andreas Radio X was the best Radio ever. Now Radio X is pretty lame.

But to be honest, all Radio Stations in San Andreas were pretty awesome. I remember Radio X, Radio Los Santos, K-Rose, MasterSounds FM etc. I don't like the choise in music in V.

Preusse
  • Preusse

König von Preußen

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:04 PM Edited by Preusse, 30 November 2013 - 12:05 PM.

Punk music sucks imo. Channel X sucks imo.

For me, when it turned on, I immediately hit d-pad and swap frequency to Rebel Radio any other radio station.

Fixed. I even prefer the Mexican radio station over Channel SuX and I don't even understand more than 20 words Spanish.

LHC616
  • LHC616

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

Channel X ist the only decent alternative for me, even if the only good Song is "Amoeba". I mean seriously, that Pop&HipHop people get ppl like Rihanna, Snoop Dog, Phil Collins, Britney Spears, and what do we MetalHeads get?

Nothing just about 5 Punk Songs and thats it. But SR4 made the same mistake, in SR2&3 they good Bands like As I lay Dying, MM, Amon Amarth, and in 4? that was really sad just Papa Roach and the not so good In Flames Song.

I mean seriously, everyone should listen to what he prefers, but well I cant concentrate to that Pop/Hip/Electro Stuff people listen to nowadays, but well thats why I dont get into other Peoples Cars xD

I Also Put East Lost in it too, cause well it`s always good for making fun.

---

Custom Soundtrack Online like we had in Burnout, Need For Speed would have been possible I think, but I dont think that Cloud Thingy would`ve been that friendly to it.

• ShinyBacon likes this

Mart1001
  • Mart1001

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

I just don't know why R* has let slip the music side of GTA. One of the biggest  contributors to every GTA game was the radio. The very first GTA wouldn't have been half as successful without it. I was amazed with the radio stations of GTA3, Head radio, Flashback, Game and Double Clef were amoungst my favourite and the introduction of Lazlow and chatterbox just kept me hooked....'pogothemonkey.com'. There was something about being able to listen to Opera on the way to an assignation mission and then, listening to 'Tony' threatening Lazlow over the radio on the way back :)

Vice city's radio stations just rocked and then the best yet, GTA San Andreas, Radio Los Santos, K-Jah, Bounce FM, Radio X, K-Rose. The great work continued into Lib and vice city stories but then suddenly, it all came to an abrupt end in GTA4. It was absolute rubbish, I can't remember one tune I really liked and why did they turn Lazlow into a twat. Every single time I jumped into a car I had to reach for the 'radio off' until I got so fed up, I turned music volume to 0.

GTA5's music is much better than 4's but, not by much. Yes, there's a few good tunes but you know that once that good tune has played out, the next is gonna be crap. The humour is none existant now, I can barely hear the dialogue anyway, the recording and choice of voice actor is so poor. I would give anything to be able to have the soundtrack from San Anfreas, GTA3 or even GTA1 dubbed over this load of crap.

It can't be budget that's lowered this side of the game now can it R* ?

• ShinyBacon likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

Worst radio moment in GTA V...

http://youtu.be/S1x9tYgCFjo?t=32s

(not posting the actual video in the post as it has a timestamp in the URL)

Constantfluxation
  • Constantfluxation

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

Hate channel X apart for that song the mouth don't stop, other songs in there do fit well wen being chased

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

member QotD

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

At this point I hate every f*cking station in the game. I wish they had included a mix tape option like SR. As it is I turned off the in game music volume and just listen to my music from my laptop.

The Spook
  • The Spook

Lieutenant Queen - Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

My war

You're one of them

You say

That you're my friend but you're

One of them

Them

Them!

THEM!

THEEEEEM!

• DMC14 likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

Basic rule of GTA is all the music if AWESOME. EVen if you never liked it prior.  Once its in GTA its part of the family.

Dtgodmage
  • Dtgodmage

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

if you hate punk rock you are a piece of sh*t failure to life. Punk rock is pure. it's self expression just like hip hop. but these days hip hop is awful.

the rap stations on this game are god awful the only tolerable music is channel x and blue ark.....

punk rock is pure. listen to it more and love it. if you hate channel x you need to off your self.

so much meaning so much knowledge so much truth in punk rock

• ShinyBacon likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

if you hate punk rock you are a piece of sh*t failure to life. Punk rock is pure. it's self expression just like hip hop. but these days hip hop is awful.

the rap stations on this game are god awful the only tolerable music is channel x and blue ark.....

Dafuq?

Im sorry but west coast classic is the old skool chronic.     What are you talkin about? ..lol

Dtgodmage
  • Dtgodmage

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

i hate west coast hip hop.... all of it.... hip hop is sh*t hip hop is garbage it makes people stupid it makes the youth want to act like idiots.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

i hate west coast hip hop.... all of it.... hip hop is sh*t hip hop is garbage it makes people stupid it makes the youth want to act like idiots.

You can hate all you want.  Doesn't matter what you think.

Cube, MC Ren, Snoop, Eazy E, Dre.  Tupac etc.  are f*ckin RAP legends and that's really just fact.    

NWA....Seriously.  That sh*t is classic.

Dtgodmage
  • Dtgodmage

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

yeah and black flag the romones sucidal tendcies are legends in there own f*cking right.

hip hop is god awful tho. f*cking AWWWWFUL. the golden era was the best now hes crap

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

yeah and black flag the romones sucidal tendcies are legends in there own f*cking right.

hip hop is god awful tho. f*cking AWWWWFUL. the golden era was the best now hes crap

Hey man, I like to enjoy all kinds of music.  Legends are legends in all genres.

Toss on some old skool Cube or Eazy and that sh*t is just awesome to listen too even after all these years.

I personally don't like hip hop.. But I love me some old skool rap just like some old skool punk and even country. Hell, Johnny Cash is the f*ckin sh*t!  :D

TheStranger_NL
  • TheStranger_NL

Ronins MC

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

I hate it when i call my mechanic and he pulls up blasting channel x. But sometimes there is that one song playing about women and it always makes me smile

SomeGuy2
  • SomeGuy2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

I can't stand that song on radio x with " America land of the free power or something" whatever it's called and when my mechanic brings me my car and has channel x playing again when I'm stranded in online, I'll just shoot him. Blaine County Radio is the best station imo with Ron's Conspiracy show and Paula Dean. (Blue Ark is my second Favorite).

TheStranger_NL
  • TheStranger_NL

Ronins MC

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

I can't stand that song on radio x with " America land of the free power or something" whatever it's called and when my mechanic brings me my car and has channel x playing again when I'm stranded in online, I'll just shoot him. Blaine County Radio is the best station imo with Ron's Conspiracy show and Paula Dean. (Blue Ark is my second Favorite).

Beyond insemination is the best

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

the best station on any game was lchc on 4 max calavarea from soulfly was the dj.

MAKAVELlil
  • MAKAVELlil

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

I'd rather watch paint dry than listen to channel x
  • Deadly Target likes this

representa
  • representa

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

cool

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

feel the same about the sh*tty rap channels

Dtgodmage
  • Dtgodmage

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

punk>hiphop

elmo87
  • elmo87

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

f*ck you pussies. It's the best station.

Get the f*ck out ! Somebody likes this station

Moses Cashin
  • Moses Cashin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

Every time I enter a vehicle I immediately hear 'They're f*cking with me, subliminally!'.

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

the best station on any game was lchc on 4 max calavarea from soulfly was the dj.

soulfly suck arse. Sepultura is where its at (at least when Max was still in the band).

artworks-000012112630-yrb1gf-original.jp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users