Quantcast

» «
Photo

Has This Forum Ever Held a Meet Or Get Together Before?

34 replies to this topic
Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:47 PM

Everyone come to my house.

Just avoid the Kangaroo sh*t and empty Fosters cans around the place.

I'll keep that in mind.

Anyone is welcome to my house too for tea and crumpets.

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

Sortve have a life outside of video games, go easy

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:09 AM

I actually was on another board or two in my time. Made some great friends and we had many board sponsored meet ups and what not. Tho the last one was when I was 19 so almost ten years ago, but it started when I was 15.

We had a few softball games in the summers and bowling n bar meet ups in the winter. Was some good times.

People actually ended up getting together and even a few got married.

Honestly as far as weirdos or unwanted people showing up, it's not somthing you worry about. The most active and regular people are the ones that usually show up. Only a few strange people took part lol.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:23 AM

I actually was on another board or two in my time. Made some great friends and we had many board sponsored meet ups and what not. Tho the last one was when I was 19 so almost ten years ago, but it started when I was 15.

We had a few softball games in the summers and bowling n bar meet ups in the winter. Was some good times.

People actually ended up getting together and even a few got married.

Honestly as far as weirdos or unwanted people showing up, it's not somthing you worry about. The most active and regular people are the ones that usually show up. Only a few strange people took part lol.

Define the "Strange ones"

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:01 AM

Lol strange ones meaning the not the most socially skilled people or the ones you could tell had no real life friends outside of the board. Everyone was pretty cool for the most part. There were plenty of events that I didn't go to that had some things happen but nothing too rediculous.

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:06 AM

Bear in mind that I only start going to any events after I had spent a considerable amount of time on the board and talking and making friends. We had a chat room on another site that we all talked in plus there was AIM and yahoo voice chats as well.

If there was an event planned in my neck of the woods, I just might consider going. But with a lot of us all spread out and other things such as age difference and whatnot, I doubt it'd happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users