Photo

New to the GTA series

17 replies to this topic
Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

I've been lurking for a little while, and I've decided to join this board.

Prior to August of this year, I had zero interest in GTA. I'm mainly a survival horror person, as most of my favorite games are horror. Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Dead Space, Condemned, etc.

When GTA V came out, I took a gamble and bought it, and I'm so glad I did, because I absolutely love it. A few days later, I got a hold of IV with the BOGT and LATD add ons, so I've been playing that. I beat BOGT and I'm quite close to beating the main campeign of IV, though I'm having kind of a tough time with LATD.

A few days ago, I bought III, Vice City and San Andreas on ebay, and I should be getting them sometime next week.

I never thought I'd say this, but GTA is actually threatening to replace Silent Hill as my #1 favorite game series, and I haven't even played all the games yet.

• SonOfLiberty, 018361, DeafMetal and 4 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

Glad to hear it amigo!

I f*cking love GTA because theres still sh*t to do after you beat it. None of this "one-track linear" cockmonglery you see in stuff like COD and the likes.

• JustOneMonth likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:28 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 30 November 2013 - 12:31 AM.

I highly recommend you pick up the GOTY edition of Red Dead Redemption. It has a zombie expansion pack that sounds like it'll be right up your alley. Glad you're enjoy it, man, can't beat your first few go-arounds with GTA.

http://www.amazon.co...redemption goty

If you wait a little bit, it should go down in price, it was I think $11 or $155 earlier today and all of yesterday.

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:44 AM

Glad to hear it amigo!

I f*cking love GTA because theres still sh*t to do after you beat it. None of this "one-track linear" cockmonglery you see in stuff like COD and the likes.

Linearity is fine in some genres, like the aforementioned survival horror. All of the Silent Hill games can be beaten in just a few hours if you know what to do, with the exception of the newest installment, Silent Hill Downpour. That one is longer and has about a dozen optional sidequests.

If you ask me, horror is one of the few game genres where open world just wouldn't work.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:30 AM

Ah, the magic of the GTA series... Once you start stealing cars, running over prostitutes and beating up old ladies you just can't stop.
  • 018361 and universetwisters like this

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:38 AM

Glad to see a new person hop aboard our crazy train. That being said, welcome to both the GTA series and our humble fan site GTAForums. Now, as you may likely already know, the internet is home to many interesting characters and with that being said many of them have made themselves home here at GTAF. I hope that you are able to be a member that contributes greatly to our GTAF family/tribe that we have going here and make yourself feel at home as well.  :^:  :)

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:38 AM

Don't worry. Soon you'll be naming cars by their GTA equivalents, repeating famous GTA quotes, mistaking McDonald's for Burgershot etc. That's when you know you're a GTA fan like all of us.

Welcome to GTAF and the series.:)

• 018361, PaletoChickenCapo, Sting4S and 1 other like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

mistaking McDonald's for Burgershot

You mean burger king for burger shot? :p

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

We don't have BurgerKings in Aussieland sooooo....

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:17 AM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 30 November 2013 - 02:18 AM.

Man, how I wish I'd just discovered GTA. Could you imagine purchasing all the titles in the series the OP listed, ang playing them all back to back for the first time? 

That would be one hell of a marathon.

I'd probably emerge from my house looking like this guy:

5426751_4dbc2569d8_l.jpg

And then as soon as the sunlight hit me, I'd look like this guy:

Raiders-of-the-lost-ark-melting-face.jpg

• Mister Kay likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:52 AM

But you do have hungry jack's, which is the same as burger kings

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:00 AM

Actually for a short while we did have BurgerKing..

Anyway my point still stands. When you play GTA long enough it becomes apart of you. You live and breath it everyday.:)

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:19 AM

Oh, you had a chance to run away, OP. Don't sue R* if you become addicted to this series. :p

Welcome to the club.

Mockage
  • Mockage

g#

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:26 AM

When you play GTA long enough it becomes apart of you. You live and breath it everyday. :)

Yup, that's right!

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:40 PM Edited by SOHC_VTEC, 01 December 2013 - 07:41 PM.

Prior to August of this year, I had zero interest in GTA. I'm mainly a survival horror person, as most of my favorite games are horror. Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Dead Space, Condemned, etc.

When GTA V came out, I took a gamble and bought it, and I'm so glad I did, because I absolutely love it. A few days later, I got a hold of IV with the BOGT and LATD add ons, so I've been playing that. I beat BOGT and I'm quite close to beating the main campeign of IV, though I'm having kind of a tough time with LATD.

A few days ago, I bought III, Vice City and San Andreas on ebay, and I should be getting them sometime next week.

I never thought I'd say this, but GTA is actually threatening to replace Silent Hill as my #1 favorite game series, and I haven't even played all the games yet.

Just wait til you pop in that San Andreas my friend :)

What silent hill??

Also, if you haven't tried red dead redemption, I'd give it a go as well, another R* masterpiece!

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

That and Max Payne 3, it's their best game as far as the story goes.

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

Welcome to the family my friend.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:19 AM

We've been expecting your arrival.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users