Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you accept or decline one-on-one deathmatches?

52 replies to this topic
TinyMcBig
  • TinyMcBig

BigMcTiny

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

Always decline. Pisses my opponent off even more.

I bet they would be flattered to know you're considering their feelings.

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:48 AM

Decline. IMO one of the stupidest inclusions in the game.

"Let's make both players visible to everyone but no one visible to them"

I accepted one in the beginning only to be killed by all the other players around me instead of the person I was against.

This is why I no longer accept one on one matches.  If I could see other players I would still do it.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:48 AM

Always decline. Pisses my opponent off even more.

I bet they would be flattered to know you're considering their feelings.

Poor Tiny, he said he felt just fine.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:50 AM

Decline - it angers them.  Then find and kill them, preferably with a melee weapon.  That also angers them, and I can feel their anger.

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

The whole system of challenging to a Deathmatch in a public match was poorly designed, if it made us invincible from damage by other players in the game or maybe just gave us our own separate instance then that would be alright, but I refuse to gimp myself just because some asshole who picked a fight with me got owned and is now buttsore. I've had plenty of epic fights, and none of them ever in a silly Deathmatch.

I thought of this at first too. However, It would be highly exploitive to be "invincible" to everyone else, people would be deathmatching their friends just to go on rampages etc.

Unless they could somehow block off a perimeter to enclose the 2 players this wouldn't work.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:59 AM

The whole system of challenging to a Deathmatch in a public match was poorly designed, if it made us invincible from damage by other players in the game or maybe just gave us our own separate instance then that would be alright, but I refuse to gimp myself just because some asshole who picked a fight with me got owned and is now buttsore. I've had plenty of epic fights, and none of them ever in a silly Deathmatch.

I thought of this at first too. However, It would be highly exploitive to be "invincible" to everyone else, people would be deathmatching their friends just to go on rampages etc.

Unless they could somehow block off a perimeter to enclose the 2 players this wouldn't work.

It should just start you in a deathmatch "mission", with just the two of you.  You'd have the full map and no other players.  I'd love that if you could do it with no blips.  I can hear the clock tower calling to me already!

kyleconway
  • kyleconway

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:31 AM

pffftt... most people kill me when i walk out of a store, so, in turn i have to kill them twice or i feel as if they "won" ( like it matters but it IT DOES ! ) and after i kill them, normally they challenge each time... pffftt f*ck outta here...

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:34 AM

I dont respond.

qop
  • qop

Overpowered

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:35 AM

Always accept.
Then call a backup helicopter and fire away.

This is genius. Unfortunately my merryweather is glitched and my mercenaries don't turn up and my backup helicopter doesn't shoot

Back up helis only shoot when fired upon.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:11 AM

Always accept.
Then call a backup helicopter and fire away.

This is genius. Unfortunately my merryweather is glitched and my mercenaries don't turn up and my backup helicopter doesn't shoot

Back up helis only shoot when fired upon.

Mine don't shoot at all.

heybud
  • heybud

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:12 AM

decline always

Zombiejaeger
  • Zombiejaeger

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

I never decline, just simply ignore. I've done one 1vs1 (I won) just to have done it for game purposes. But that was also my first and last one I will accept.

It's just a retarded game mode. For people who send them, why can't you fight it out in Free Mode? The only difference is that both of you are at disadvantage towards other players in a 1vs1.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:13 AM

I usually only get that option popping up from someone when I've been egregiously raping them.  And if I've got eight kills on them, why the hell would I choose a death match when I can just pop them in the head a few more times?  In my experience the one on one deathmatch is just a last chance for someone who's getting obliterated to try and get some comeuppance.

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

decline, im not about to feed the guy in godmode some more free kills.

Fuquan
  • Fuquan

Brucie still owes me

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Decline. My first 1vs1 ended with the guy running like a chicken after he got the first kill... The second one was a 3vs1. The third one was an utter defeat for the other guy (I think he was level 20 or something and I was 70something and HE challenged me).

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

Never understood why people even want to do 1v1 deathmatches. I always decline. We're already killing each other, what's the difference?

ROADSIDE_BUM
  • ROADSIDE_BUM

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

decline.  it's just a sign of ther butthurt and usually we just had an unofficial 1 on 1 anyway.. 

*continues on to the next fight

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

I don't shoot at other players in Freemode unless they shoot at me first. So, no, I don't request or accept 1v1 DM's.

I have no problem playing actual Deathmatches. But the horrible implementation of this Freemode 1v1 nonsense is a joke.

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

I sometimes accept when in the tank, noobs don't know that you're still in the tank when you start the 1v1

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

I neither accept nor decline 1 on 1 rage-requests.  I just chuckle if I even notice it.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

Decline. IMO one of the stupidest inclusions in the game.

"Let's make both players visible to everyone but no one visible to them"

I accepted one in the beginning only to be killed by all the other players around me instead of the person I was against.

This and it makes the other player pissed. So win win for me :p

eric91611
  • eric91611

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:50 AM

When i was new and wasnt very good/didnt have good guns i always declined cuz i knew id lose but now i am hard to kill so i always accept the challenge.

Mart1001
  • Mart1001

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:23 AM

Normally, the guy sending the invite is the guy losing....he hopes to make a point...'oh you can kill me in free roam but I bet you won't in 1v1' sort of thing. Why would the guy who's winning send the invite? I used to accept them and would normally win but I would always ask myself...'surely we are already having a 1v1...you shoot me and I shoot you'.

The once I was giving a guy a whooping after he had shot me in passing...he sent the invite and I accepted. The cops were all over me at that point and he killed me...1-0. I respawned and headed over to the block where his blip was, I spent quite a while crawling round the building, taking cover and aiming, trying to spot a guy with a blip that didn't seem to be moving. After several minutes, I realised that he wasn't at ground level and after running across the road and looking up, I could just about make him out on the roof of the tallest building in the area.

Well it suddenly dawned on me that because he had the lead, he was gonna hide until the timer runs out and sure enough, just then the wobbly music started....the only way up was up the fire escape and sure enough, he just started lobbing grenades down.

That was it, 1v1 done and it was announced to the lobby that I had lost...I was well pissed off with that and from there on, they can stick their 1v1's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users