Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you accept or decline one-on-one deathmatches?

52 replies to this topic
HammerLarry
  • HammerLarry

Boss member

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:57 PM Edited by HammerLarry, 29 November 2013 - 11:58 PM.

In freemode, we have the ability to start a one on one deathmatch when we're killed. yeah everyone knows. question is, when you kill someone, and they send an invite to a one-on-one, do you accept or decline? (and explain) do you send the invites? discuss.

i send the invites when someone kills me. when that player declines, it just tells me that they're pussy, so i move on. when they accept, aww sh*t... i never lost.

but when they decline and still kill me, that's f*ckin stupid. they deserve a dunce cap.

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

i decline. im always with at least one crew mate.

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

you know how it is man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

nobody ever offers me one, and mine almost always get declined

people seem to want to get revenge another way :(

Deathmaker158
  • Deathmaker158

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

People only challenge me when I'm in a tank and they're on foot for some reason... so yeah, I usually accept.

Gutslub
  • Gutslub

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

I always decline. Gotta pad that k/d.

HammerLarry
  • HammerLarry

Boss member

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

its controversial how much declines i get. i mean people really suck, they chicken out of that possibility of earning the Loser/Winner title.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:04 AM

Decline. IMO one of the stupidest inclusions in the game.

"Let's make both players visible to everyone but no one visible to them"

I accepted one in the beginning only to be killed by all the other players around me instead of the person I was against.
  • B Dawg, Ninjambie, lilpokerface and 5 others like this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Chrysocyon brachyurus's are awesome.

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:04 AM

People only challenge me when I'm in a tank and they're on foot for some reason... so yeah, I usually accept.

007Nick700
  • 007Nick700

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

Always accept.

Then call a backup helicopter and fire away.

• abfirstr8 likes this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

Always accept.
Then call a backup helicopter and fire away.

This is genius. Unfortunately my merryweather is glitched and my mercenaries don't turn up and my backup helicopter doesn't shoot

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

I accepted one in the beginning only to be killed by all the other players around me instead of the person I was against.

this. it only took me one time to see that sh*t is terrible. I accepted the invite, next thing i know, a car pulls up, two dudes point uzis at me and light me up. Worst part was they had a wanted level so you know no cars spawned for me. every time i tried to kill my opponet, they would come from behind. Obviously working as a distraction so the other guy can win. I lost the "1v1" and Eventually i managed to kill the driver and passenger and drive off while they screamed pussy into the mic.

if you send me a deathmatch invite, screw you. we can continue to war it out just as we were before without my HUD being tampered with tyvm.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

Always declined so far, as the only people who send them are people who I kill for killing me. 

And if they decide they would like to continue killing me, I can kill them back anyway. So there isn't really a point.

seanforever
  • seanforever

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

The unfortunate thing is, when in a one-on-one DM, you cannot see other peoples blips on your radar, but others can still kill you. So there is no point in entering one unless the 2 of you are all by yourself on the map, otherwise you're just going to get smeared while hunting the guy down. This can be especially frustrating if the other bloke has a friend in the room; it is now 2 vs 1 and the other guy is invisible, effectively. 

So that being said, yes I do enter them, but only when I think we can battle uninterrupted (fairly) 

• lilpokerface likes this

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

If you're dumb enough to come at me and you get bitch slapped, why would I accept the 1v1? Its a waste of my time. If you continue to come at me then I'll just make your life hell till you rage quit.

xXxTerrorist
  • xXxTerrorist

Snitch

• Members

I ignore them.

Why would I give a f*ck what some jackoff I just stomped into the ground wants.

Maybe if they concentrated more on what they were doing and less on meaningless options they wouldn't be road kill in the first place.

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

I only initiate or accept 1v1s in no one else is close by. Hate getting killed by people i cant see during them

jacka
  • jacka

jacked up

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:30 AM

I decline. I only kill for bounties and annoying pricks who try to start trouble with me.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:31 AM Edited by iFight, 30 November 2013 - 12:32 AM.

I killed 199 players, not a single invite dm 1v1 or message for revenge. I would accept.
That's strange.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

I decline, it's hardly a pussy move to get revenge on them and not accept when they can't handle losing in FR.

I got a message to "stop hiding like a bitch" because i was using cover in a shootout with 2 guys against me with far superior and longer-ranged weaponry and not accepting their DM. It's apparently "for noobs like me", that's why it was included in the game...

These challenges i do not accept, because they'd team up and the other guy would finish the job and get the win.

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

Luckily I heard about this before ever joining one. Always decline so I guess I'm pussy. Never sent one out so I guess I'm even more pussy

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:40 AM

Luckily I heard about this before ever joining one. Always decline so I guess I'm pussy. Never sent one out so I guess I'm even more pussy

Nah, you're just not a mouth breather who spams 1v1s every time they get killed.
  • Seanathon likes this

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:46 AM

I accept, simply because I think its a rare event and I like serendipity. 

I just wish there was a higher payout. You should get 10% of the other players bank if you win.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:49 AM

1v1 DMs are implemented TERRIBLY in this game

1) Other players can interfere and you can't really defend yourself from them because they won't appear on your radar but you'll still appear on theirs (and their name won't pop up in game for you either... you don't even get notices when you kill them).

Getting beaten 3vs1 so you send a 1v1 challenge? Well enjoy getting shot in the back by the other 2 guys during your 1v1.

Or even if that doesn't happen it's possible for a random stranger to come along and start shooting at the both of you whilst you're blinded.

2) Doesn't do anything about power vehicles.

Getting spawnkilled by a tank so you send a 1v1 challenge? Well enjoy getting spawnkilled by a tank throughout your 1v1

3) The rewards are terrible.

$100 entry fee for $200 if you win. $100 back if you draw. Don't know what happens if you lose.

Or $25/$50 if you're winning and the other guy quits.

Or $1000/$2000 if you win and the other guy had money on him (happens like 5% of the time, seen the $2000 reward literally once).

Also I think you lose money when you die in 1v1 DMs, certainly I've picked up money that other players have dropped in them.

I still accept a good number of 1v1s but only when I'm confident that no-one else will interfere AND that I can win quickly+efficiently AND when I would've stayed fighting the guy anyway. If any of those criteria are missing then it's just not worth doing.

The only advantages of doing 1v1s are you get rep for the kills and they count for the DM kills/ DM dominating awards (but not the DM streak award). Accepting a 1v1 leaves you extremely vulnerable to every player apart from your opponent and the rewards are utterly marginal (you'd get more money more quickly by punching pedestrians to death).

BockasaurusRex
  • BockasaurusRex

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:53 AM

this. it only took me one time to see that sh*t is terrible. I accepted the invite, next thing i know, a car pulls up, two dudes point uzis at me and light me up. Worst part was they had a wanted level so you know no cars spawned for me. every time i tried to kill my opponet, they would come from behind. Obviously working as a distraction so the other guy can win. I lost the "1v1" and Eventually i managed to kill the driver and passenger and drive off while they screamed pussy into the mic.

if you send me a deathmatch invite, screw you. we can continue to war it out just as we were before without my HUD being tampered with tyvm.

This happened to me as well. Two guys near Simeon drop off decided to kill me and one sent a 1 v 1. I accept. The person who didn't start the 1 v 1 proceeded to kill me which pissed me off.

Result, I won the 1 v 1 and also got 20+ kills on both of em. Sucks to be them.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

The whole system of challenging to a Deathmatch in a public match was poorly designed, if it made us invincible from damage by other players in the game or maybe just gave us our own separate instance then that would be alright, but I refuse to gimp myself just because some asshole who picked a fight with me got owned and is now buttsore. I've had plenty of epic fights, and none of them ever in a silly Deathmatch.

rlr149
  • rlr149

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:15 AM

i send the invites when someone kills me. when that player declines, it just tells me that they're pussy, so i move on. when they accept, aww sh*t... i never lost.

"Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." --- Sun Tzu

"He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious." --- Sun Tzu

you want to kill me, i don't want to die(more than necessary in a game with respawns) i win when you fail to kill me............. so f*ck your 1 vs 1 DM.

and the invitation is on your terms, not mine, why would i want to fight on your terms? it just gives you the advantage.

TexasToast712
  • TexasToast712

Native Texan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:15 AM

I decline, kill them again, then drive away laughing hysterically.

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

In freemode, we have the ability to start a one on one deathmatch when we're killed. yeah everyone knows. question is, when you kill someone, and they send an invite to a one-on-one, do you accept or decline? (and explain) do you send the invites? discuss.
but when they decline and still kill me, that's f*ckin stupid. they deserve a dunce cap.

I never take the offer. I'm so scared. Like wet myself scared, that I never can pull out my phone to accept.

GTA_Girl84
  • GTA_Girl84

Prankster

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

Accept most of the time. Unless I have a wanted level.

AlmightyLoso
  • AlmightyLoso

Free Max B

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

Always decline. Pisses my opponent off even more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users