Quantcast

» «
Photo

Chrome... Why does it exist?

62 replies to this topic

Poll: Should chrome be a color option? (105 member(s) have cast votes)

Should chrome exist?

1. Yes, I like it, I am a raccoon and I like shiny things. (28 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

2. No, it is ugly as hell, especially on supercars (*cough* Adder *cough*). (44 votes [41.90%])

Percentage of vote: 41.90%

3. Sometimes I like it as a secondary color/stripe. (33 votes [31.43%])

Percentage of vote: 31.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

I cant stand the looks of chrome, but whenever I see a chrome Adder, I know that person abused a money glitch lol.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:46 AM

i love the chrome as the secondary color on the ruiner with metallic midnight blue as the main color

ScreenSavior
  • ScreenSavior

The opposite of swag.

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:22 AM

Chrome exists so that glitchers can have a color to put on their adder, of course!

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

Combine it with yellow/orange crew color and you got yourself a gold car lol

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

I like it on dirty/rusty vehicles like the BJ Injection, agree about a secondary color on some vehicles like the Bifta (looks great as the topping on a Peyote).

I noticed one car looks good in full chrome: Carbonizzare. Its smooth curves are just right for that, though I prefer it in red or black.

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

BJ Injection

Wow... speechless.

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

BJ Injection

Wow... speechless.

LOL, I'm not even going to correct that, it's too good. Consider it a Freudian Slip!

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

I like it on dirty/rusty vehicles like the BJ Injection, agree about a secondary color on some vehicles like the Bifta (looks great as the topping on a Peyote).

I noticed one car looks good in full chrome: Carbonizzare. Its smooth curves are just right for that, though I prefer it in red or black.

i find that the carbonizzare in midnight blue really brings out the light colored interior . 

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

i put too much work into using the lime green as the secondary color on my bifsta along with lime green tires to change it into chrome

Druffmaul
  • Druffmaul

Dan Is The Bastard

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:05 PM

I chromed one car shortly after starting my first run through the game. I drove it around for about five minutes, that was about all I could take, it was so stupid and nasty looking. I went right back to an LS Customs and gave it a tasteful dignified respray. F@#$ chrome and anyone who likes it!

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

I chromed one car shortly after starting my first run through the game. I drove it around for about five minutes, that was about all I could take, it was so stupid and nasty looking. I went right back to an LS Customs and gave it a tasteful dignified respray. F@#$ chrome and anyone who likes it!

i would agree with that if it pertains to people who totally chrome their car .

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

It looks good as a stripe. I have a car with a blue matte paint and chrome stripe in the middle, it makes the blue look more matte-ish. However it looks terrible as a primary colour.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

To please those who like it. Plus, it looks f*cking good as a stripe. However, if I see you in a chromed Adder, I won't be responsible for my actions.  :miranda:

Druffmaul
  • Druffmaul

Dan Is The Bastard

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

Yeah that's what I was referring to. I never tried it as a minor secondary color, that might be cool. 

LosSantosKing
  • LosSantosKing

Los Santos King

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

LMAO
You don't like chrome so you start a thread about it?
FFS!

Hey i could be wrong and you are just as baffled as i am to see the replies and having a good laugh or you may be serious... nevermind because now im rambling on about... god knows what?

ADIOS!

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:50 AM

Yeah that's what I was referring to. I never tried it as a minor secondary color, that might be cool. 

chrome looks great as a secondary color on the ruiner .  

PreciousWall
  • PreciousWall

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:56 AM

"because i can buy it" mentality

these people who bought chrome paint doesnt have taste in style

RememberToTaper
  • RememberToTaper

PUSH through the BURN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:31 AM

I'm not sure if I'm imagining this, but when I try Chrome paintjob, the framerate feels slower. Like the game has to work harder to render the reflections?

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:42 AM

It can certainly look cool as a secondary color option, depending on the car. I haven't found a car that I like it on yet, but chrome would look nice as a basic trim.

But the whole thing chromed out? Hell NO! That is ugly as hell, and I think anyone that has a car all chromed out has awful taste.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:03 AM

Looks awful on all cars. Down with Chrome, unless it's the browser.

• ThroatSlasher2 likes this

Dr Salamander
  • Dr Salamander

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

I think it looks terrible as the primary colour on any car.

Nonetheless, it seems to annoy people, and, as a fan of annoying people, I chromed my Super Diamond (which I was really bored with and rarely used) and added dollar rims. Looking like a tasteless idiot is a small price to pay if I can piss people off without really doing anything. It's ruined the car, but at least I actually have a reason to use it now.

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

I think it looks terrible as the primary colour on any car.

Nonetheless, it seems to annoy people, and, as a fan of annoying people, I chromed my Super Diamond (which I was really bored with and rarely used) and added dollar rims. Looking like a tasteless idiot is a small price to pay if I can piss people off without really doing anything. It's ruined the car, but at least I actually have a reason to use it now.

pissing people off sure is fun , good work lol

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

LMAO
You don't like chrome so you start a thread about it?
FFS!

Hey i could be wrong and you are just as baffled as i am to see the replies and having a good laugh or you may be serious... nevermind because now im rambling on about... god knows what?

ADIOS!

Just wanted peoples opinions on it but, yes, at the same time, I do get some laughs while reading those damn replies!

• LosSantosKing likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:33 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 04 December 2013 - 08:35 PM.

I like it but it's tiring to see chrome Adders on every corner. Not sure why it's even there. Probably to satisfy kids or just R* is showing off that they can do different paint jobs like chrome.

Spoiler

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

I like it but it's tiring to see chrome Adders on every corner. Not sure why it's even there. Probably to satisfy kids or just R* is showing off that they can do different paint jobs like chrome.

Spoiler

Is that because I said raccoon?

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

For an extra customization option, it looks good on a stripe, I don't think it was ever Rockstar's intention for people to be making every vehicle chrome, the only vehicle I haven't seen a chrome version of is the 747.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

I would never have a real life car in Chrome. In Online, my car of choice for my personal character is an Adder in Black with Red stripes (ok, the Entity is probably the better racer, but I just like the style of it).

But... if you are doing Franklin's street races in SP, chrome does feel right at home with the other pimped up boy racer cars. Similarly I wouldn't wear clothes like Trevor's myself, but then he'd look a bit wrong in the suit I wear to work.

bobtje333
  • bobtje333

dog

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

it looks good as secondary color to me

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

LeonVegaSuarez
  • LeonVegaSuarez

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

If you dont like it then dont use it you stupid f*cks

NeedleBanger
  • NeedleBanger

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

Ah, I see now...some people just "have" to make their cars chrome, I see...as if it's a sign of status or achievement in the game to have it unlocked or something

Hahahahaha!! CrazyGay you finally said something intelligent! This is EXACTLY what chrome is basically being used for in GTA 5. I've already seen it in action. I have this one buddy (who's dumber than a stick) who actually took all 10 of his vehicles down to Los Santos Customs and one-by-one painted them chrome, with carbon fiber rims. Every single vehicle. And now whenever somebody new plays with us (even when he has friends over at his own house in real life) he makes it a point to show them his garage, boasting about how "sweet" his matching vehicles are. He honestly thinks it doesn't get any cooler than that. Wow.

And these are the types of people playing video games these days. They're so dumb that they literally need to be told what's cool, what sucks, what looks good, what doesn't, what to do, what not to do, etc. No wonder these companies have just thrown in the towel and say "Why bother, when 85% of our customer base are a bunch of dumbf*cks who can't even tell the difference".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users