Quantcast

» «
Photo

Franklin's Aunt's House as a Safehous

23 replies to this topic
KyleAElliott
  • KyleAElliott

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

Does anybody else wish that you could've kept Frank's Aunt's place as a Safehouse? I like being in that part of town..

• lizardman563 likes this

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

As did I.

In general I don't like the mansions. In GTA SA I was always the guy who bought the average homes out in the desert and sh*t. 

Living in a mansion just feels wrong. I am a criminal scumbag who kills people. I shouldn't be living in a house that will bring IRS attention to me. 

• notch and zielarz119 like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

Nice sig.

OT: We should be able to use the old safehouse, considering he owns half of the house. Plus, his garage is located waaaay closer. I don't want to literally drive from one extreme of the city to another just to get my cars. You can't even trust his safehouse garage. I don't want to know what kind of dimention it sends my cars to.

ArmyRaidFail404
  • ArmyRaidFail404

Welcome to the Union

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

Could've been cool to not actually lose those cars that you've kept in the garage. Let me tell you a story...

I randomly switched to Franklin after the mission Friend Request and he was driving around in Vinewood. I literally saw an Adder in front of me so I said "F*ck this Buffalo! I now have the rarest opportunity in the game!" So I took it to Franklin's old house and put it in the garage. I changed to Michael for a while then back to Franklin and he was driving it around. Took it back to the garage and found out that had performed the duplicating glitch!

Put them both in the garage, but couldn't get them out again...:(

So now Aunt Denise has two Bugattis' to play around in...Motherf*cking Denise stealing my million dollar cars that I rightfully found.

True Story Mind You, and the worst of my life aswell.
  • notch and TimelyMeerkat like this

[ÁT]
  • [ÁT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

I'm with you. Why would they deny options to us? I don't wanna live in some mansion cut off from society with nothing going on except the occasional deer running into the street lmao. On top of that I lost the car I had in my garage when I got the call to move.. buggy ass sh*t.

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

Could've been cool to not actually lose those cars that you've kept in the garage. Let me tell you a story...

I randomly switched to Franklin after the mission Friend Request and he was driving around in Vinewood. I literally saw an Adder in front of me so I said "F*ck this Buffalo! I now have the rarest opportunity in the game!" So I took it to Franklin's old house and put it in the garage. I changed to Michael for a while then back to Franklin and he was driving it around. Took it back to the garage and found out that had performed the duplicating glitch!

Put them both in the garage, but couldn't get them out again... :(

So now Aunt Denise has two Bugattis' to play around in...Motherf*cking Denise stealing my million dollar cars that I rightfully found.

If you ever want to keep a car, always save them in the separate garages. For some reason, all the safehouse garages (except Michael's I think) are broken and will eat anything you save in them. 

lightningun
  • lightningun

...Rage...

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

R* makes great decisions don't they.

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

Because R* loves to dictate the way you play the game. I find that ironic seeing as how it's supposed to be an "open world" game where you should be able to play the way you want to.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:24 PM

Yeah, but only if Franklin dragged his crazy aunt out the backyard and shot her in the face. Hated that annoying bitch slandering me every time I went in there.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

I'm with you. Why would they deny options to us? I don't wanna live in some mansion cut off from society with nothing going on except the occasional deer running into the street lmao. On top of that I lost the car I had in my garage when I got the call to move.. buggy ass sh*t.

Because it was part of the story. Franklin wanted absolutely nothing to do with his Aunt. When Lester gave him a MANSION, he didn't give a f*ck about his Aunt or that house. He would gladly give her the rest of the house.

He wanted absolutely nothing to do with his Aunt, that's why the safehouse isn't there after getting the mansion

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:27 PM

As did I.

In general I don't like the mansions. In GTA SA I was always the guy who bought the average homes out in the desert and sh*t. 

Living in a mansion just feels wrong. I am a criminal scumbag who kills people. I shouldn't be living in a house that will bring IRS attention to me. 

Agree. Also it would be better if we can actually enter the other houses/mansions around Franklin's one, so it would feel more like living place and not like out of the city

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

Put them both in the garage, but couldn't get them out again...:(

Should have used a tow truck to pull one out.

UndraftedTalent
  • UndraftedTalent

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

As did I.

You're a simple man, Lizard. Not many folks like you round here now. Stay safe Lizardman.

Carlton-Banks-225x300.jpg

• lizardman563 likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:30 PM

Thanks Aunt Denise

DeniseClinton-GTA5.png

(She still has a great ass thou)

[ÁT]
  • [ÁT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

Because it was part of the story. Franklin wanted absolutely nothing to do with his Aunt. When Lester gave him a MANSION, he didn't give a f*ck about his Aunt or that house. He would gladly give her the rest of the house.

He wanted absolutely nothing to do with his Aunt, that's why the safehouse isn't there after getting the mansion

Actually if you stand near the house after you get the mansion and go to the door Franklin says he wants back in but his aunt seems to have magically sealed the door and garage shut.. Just a cop-out for not letting us have options.

In SA for example once you're out in SF and Ballas have taken over all of the Families territories including Grove Street, you can still save at the Johnson House even if it's not consistent with the story.. Sometimes options need to take precedence over bullsh*t restrictions that don't allow us to play the way we want..

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:41 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 29 November 2013 - 11:41 PM.

Spoiler

In GTA V you lose Franklin's Aunt's safehouse for pretty much no reason.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Threadbare tapestry unwinding slow

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

That's a thing that needs to f*ck off from the series, we should never lose any of our safehouses. I never understood why they would think taking an option away from us is a good thing, it's still a loss of content and that's never a good thing. Now his Vinewood home is nice and all, really nice actually, but that sh*t is located in North Bumblef*ck Los Santos, and those narrow, windy roads are a bitch to navigate. So in most cases I'd have kept Franklin in the ghetto if he still had access to his Aunt's house because it's located in a more convenient accessible part of town.

• Shou and Ciaran like this

sukmieazz
  • sukmieazz

Put out to pasture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

I was sooooooo annoyed by Denise! I went back to the house and found I was locked out. I kicked the door a bunch of times and she threatened to call the police. I wish I could just f*cking break the door open, go inside, kill her and then burry her in the desert. Then I would feel bad and commit suicide as Franklin.
  • Officer Ronson likes this

zielarz119
  • zielarz119

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

atleast in GTA IV we keep our parking place an the cars that was saved there

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

I wish I could keep it. It's the only safehouse that actually felt like a "house".

If only they made the ghetto bigger than just a few blocks.

Herbiehunter
  • Herbiehunter

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

yeah why did it dissapear!? I was only thinking that today.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:36 AM

I have to agree, I wish we could have still had the ability to go into his aunts house. I actually really liked that house and it's location, it was so close to all the action, with gunshots popping off and ghetto birds shining their lights.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

I liked the Forum Drive house better.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

I said it from the git-go. Frank was more interesting living at his aunts. It just felt better than that boring ass life up in the hollyweird hills. The first time I walked out of his aunts house I really thought it was cool, but as most of us know, it wore thin, fast.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users