Game is dying

107 replies to this topic
BigBiff
  • BigBiff

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

I'm glad I started playing a month and a half after this thread.  Game is so dead.... :lol:

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:29 PM Edited by Gregers08, 11 April 2014 - 05:31 PM.

it's not dying until a lot of people stop playing it don't be a silly head

just exploit some cash and get everything you want it's a laugh and a half mate trust

The game is slowly dying, all my friends stopped playing it months ago. On free aim at least the last time I played it was struggle to get any games going and that was about 2 months ago so I can only imagine it's got worse since then.

If the game does come to PS4 I'll gladly rebuy it but it still saddens me that the online hasn't lived up to it's full potential. I was so excited about V's multiplayer that I made a big wishlist of what I hoped the online would be like 2 years before it even came out http://gtaforums.com...player-concept/ and while some of the stuff I wanted actually happened they messed up the basics of the multiplayer with some very questionable design choices such as segregating the player base into different aim settings, a terrible lobby system in comparrison to IV's, even having stuff like shooting and driving being something you have to level up when everyone should have equal footing on core mechanics like that especially when higher levels have access to better equipment which just makes the competitive gap even bigger.

I could go on but you get the point, I guess they always have GTAVI to finally nail the multiplayer we'll find out in 3-5 years....

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

I don't give a f*ck

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

Because 95% of the community have no idea how to change their aim preference. Free aim player count is an invalid stat to gauge how or if the game is dying. 

• BigBiff likes this

BigBiff
  • BigBiff

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

just exploit some cash and get everything you want it's a laugh and a half mate trust

The game is slowly dying, all my friends stopped playing it months ago. On free aim at least the last time I played it was struggle to get any games going and that was about 2 months ago so I can only imagine it's got worse since then.

Thats like interviewing people from massachusetts and claiming a democrat will be president.  Your sample size of free aim is too small since most people don't know it exists or how to switch.

Just because you and your group of no more than 100 friends on Xbox 360 don't play doesn't mean much either.  The game sold 32M copies, you and them at most represent .0003% of the gamer base.  Understanding your personal influence in this game is step one: It's nil.

• jakfox likes this

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

for the most part, the only people left in public lobbies are really little kids asking for help with glitches or extremely high level people that run their mouths and have everything blocked on the social club. so you cant call them out on all their bs about being legit players. the rest of the players drive backwards in supercars, drive tanks and are selling youtube subscriptions or modd accounts.

i heard the heists require an hour of play time to finish. i hope they figure out the constant freezing problem before we all get disconnected in the middle of a heist.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

Thats like interviewing people from massachusetts and claiming a democrat will be president.  Your sample size of free aim is too small since most people don't know it exists or how to switch.

Just because you and your group of no more than 100 friends on Xbox 360 don't play doesn't mean much either.  The game sold 32M copies, you and them at most represent .0003% of the gamer base.  Understanding your personal influence in this game is step one: It's nil.

Alright fair enough maybe that is the case for free aims low numbers. Why isn't R* doing anything change that though? A simple message while GTAO is loading saying something like "Want more Money + XP?Give free aim a try by switching your aim preference in story mode". Even if they did do that I doubt it would help much, free aim lobbies in R* games have never been very popular I've seen free aims player base at it's worst in Max Payne 3 and I can see where GTAO's free aim is going regardless of players knowing how to switch.

BigBiff
  • BigBiff

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

Alright fair enough maybe that is the case for free aims low numbers. Why isn't R* doing anything change that though? A simple message while GTAO is loading saying something like "Want more Money + XP?Give free aim a try by switching your aim preference in story mode". Even if they did do that I doubt it would help much, free aim lobbies in R* games have never been very popular I've seen free aims player base at it's worst in Max Payne 3 and I can see where GTAO's free aim is going regardless of players knowing how to switch.

Because its not worth the effort.  People generally play games with default settings, just get on and go.  So, to go in and change it in another game mode, and then go into the game you want to play, and have to do the same every time you want to switch...f that.

Phthalate
  • Phthalate

Hater Player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

Stop saying "game is dying" like it's dying for everyone. You're entitled to feel how you want to feel but there are many others who will disagree. There are so many things to do in this game if you have the right group of friends. You need to get a good group of mates, people you can trust, and organise times to play together. Recreate scenarios, start a Facebook message so you can communicate offline, share pictures, suggest ideas, etc. Speaking from experience, that is how you keep this game exciting.

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

Just do what i did

Buy a Xbox One, and play Titanfall

Then forget about bad multiplayers all together.

The only time im picking up GTAV again is if they come out with a story mode DLC, and i still might not even pick it up.

They dropped the ball with online.

anyway Titanfall :)

you said to buy a bad thing and then said not to play a bad thing.

and titanfall is "the latest thing", cod with double jumps and mechs. no thanks

and xbox one? yes pleas, so i can trade it in to gamestop toward a ps4.

BigBiff
  • BigBiff

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

Stop saying "game is dying" like it's dying for everyone. You're entitled to feel how you want to feel but there are many others who will disagree. There are so many things to do in this game if you have the right group of friends. You need to get a good group of mates, people you can trust, and organise times to play together. Recreate scenarios, start a Facebook message so you can communicate offline, share pictures, suggest ideas, etc. Speaking from experience, that is how you keep this game exciting.

You don't even need that.  There are enough full lobbies you can just sign on and play.

Phthalate
  • Phthalate

Hater Player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

You don't even need that.  There are enough full lobbies you can just sign on and play.

Well then what is the point of this thread? The game is not dead if you can just sign on and play, and have fun.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:06 PM Edited by Gregers08, 11 April 2014 - 06:09 PM.

Because its not worth the effort.  People generally play games with default settings, just get on and go.  So, to go in and change it in another game mode, and then go into the game you want to play, and have to do the same every time you want to switch...f that.

Lol that just seems lazy to me, first you went from people not knowing how swtich, to people not being bothered to make a 5 second switch in options. I get that some people just want to have mindless fun but there's got to be a way to keep one side of the player base from dying while the other side is supposedly packed full of players, R* isn't doing enough to keep both sides active.

teh_g
  • teh_g

Time for a brew..

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

Interesting thread.

I used to play assisted aim when I first started, but forced myself to play free aim, and enjoy it so much more now. 

It was a painful learning process, but I can see such a difference in my skill and have gone from getting owned every time, to most of the time ;)

It's probably too late now, but R* should seriously consider removing assisted-aim.  It would fix a lot of the issues about "playerbase", and "the game dying" for online.  It didn't matter at all with GTA5 story mode, but in online it totally fks it up I agree.

• Gregers08 likes this

BigBiff
  • BigBiff

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

Lol that just seems lazy to me, first you went from people not knowing how swtich, to people not being bothered to make a 5 second switch in options. I get that some people just want to have mindless fun but there's got to be a way to keep one side of the player base from dying while the other side is supposedly packed full of players, R* isn't doing enough to keep both sides active.

I didn't go from one to the other.  I literally said not many people know how to switch, and I would imagine a lot of those who do find it a pain to jump back and forth like myself.  It may be lazy, but thats life.  Plug and play will always win out of customizing settings, especially when it takes you out of the game to do it.  If they wanted free aim to work, they should've just put the setting in online, not all the way out.

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:47 PM

let me head over to the titanfall, watch dogs, destiny, the division or whatever the hell the " train hype " is going and ask those forums in 2 years and say the same old BS of this game is dying.... back to old gen

half the people saying this game is dying cause they cheated their way to high RP or cash and are now bored to death

and for those of you who are back to these forums? welcome back losers

spawnkiller187
  • spawnkiller187

Mack Daddy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

We are all dying OP... so sad so sad.

Hanshot 420th
  • Hanshot 420th

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:57 PM

Just do what i did

Buy a Xbox One, and play Titanfall

Then forget about bad multiplayers all together.

The only time im picking up GTAV again is if they come out with a story mode DLC, and i still might not even pick it up.

They dropped the ball with online.

anyway Titanfall :)

you said to buy a bad thing and then said not to play a bad thing.

and titanfall is "the latest thing", cod with double jumps and mechs. no thanks

and xbox one? yes pleas, so i can trade it in to gamestop toward a ps4.

Play Dark Souls 2

COD is ghey

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:02 AM

You guys are funny. I have a gf that I bang all the time and I'm a full time engineering student. I did play a lot since launch but in my spare time I did enjoy me some gta online. Just now the game is flat out dead. I own everyone I one on one in free roam since they rely on auto aim tactics and I know almost every mission cold where I can run most solo with speed and ease. It's not hard to level up. Just because you suck at the game doesn't mean I don't have a life.

I have 3 gfs that I bang the brains out of. We could do a temp switch if you want, since we all have gfs here.

the thing is his sounds more convincingly real than yours.......   :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users