So far I am convinced that GTA V is nothing but pile of crap, since people are complaining about it so much. I do not own a console,I own a personal computer and I cannot wait for the release but what I read on the net makes me think that the whole GTA V hype didnt live up to what Rockstar has promised us.
SP has it's good and bad points. Just off top of my head:
* graphics and environmental realism are everything which R* promised and more. SA will look even more superior on the PC!
* several excellent immersion features like being able to rent/take a bike at the base of Mt Chillad, put it on the Sky Tram, take the Sky Tram up to Mt. Chilliad, and ride the Mtn. bike back down Mt. Chilliad.
* heists are decent for SP
* random world events keep game interesting depending on which protags you play
* has new features like limited interactions in safe house (drinking, smoking, watching TV, sleeping etc). Old features (like hookers, working strip joint) return from SA.
* has new game play features that take place of SA mini games. Hunting, skydiving, random world encounters (RDR style), ammunation with range, etc.
* Underwater activities like collectibles (toxic waste, money/armor stashes from plane wrecks etc) and associated skills like lung capacity. New equipment like scuba gear, new water craft like sub, recreational water craft like sail boats that you could use on missions etc.
* having the new pet follower (Chop) is a cool new feature. The iFruit feature allows you to customize Chop's accessories and in game behavior (doing tricks, being good at find collectibles etc).
* wildlife (coyotes, cougars etc) keep the game interesting when exploring/free roaming outside of missions. That cougar near the yoga point on Mt. Chilliad is a perfect example
* not enough heist missions!
* R* told a dirty white lie when they advertised you could play as a dog (this might have been from a gamestop review though). The only time you get to play the game as a dog is with Chop in exactly one mission.
* having 3 protags was a unique revolutionary feature. But this game design cut the game by a third. And perhaps with the exception of Trevor, the other 2 protags are unfortunately forgettable. Their back stories are not compelling (especially Franklin's)
* that iFruit Chop app will become the bane of your irl smart phone existence if you make the mistake of initializing it.
* Cop AI is on bull shark testosterone sugared with Yay on a 24/7/365 basis
* Gang bang feature--while heavily implied in previews of SP--is completely non existent. The gang AI to protag presence is the exact opposite that of the police---extremely underwhelming.
* Map is 99.9% eye candy with little to zero interiors. Can't enter some 99% of the buildings on the map. Even those few buildings with interiors in missions are completely inaccessible afterwards. Even after completing 100% ???
* aircraft and land vehicle handling is sh*tty. Trying to fly a lazer while shooting is close to impossible. The Thomas the Tank Engine attack chopper is AWOL. The physics of cars in particular, are physically impossible in many cases. I shouldn't be able to take a Weebly off roading anywhere in Blaine county and have it handle the same way a monster truck does....
* can't buy police/law enforcement vehicles or have them delivered for missions or FM in SP
* can't shower in the bathroom the way you can on GTAO. The majority of the store clothing and other shop content are restricted to GTAO.
* No independent money making side missions like back in SA and GTA IV i.e. freight, firetruck, vigilante, home invasion, trucking etc.
* No boating or driving schools. Flying school is the only one that exists.
* some of the best new side missions/non mission activities are limited/restricted to certain protagonists. Trevor is the only one who can do the hunting mini game, air/ground drug trafficking, and weed farm raids. Only Micheal and Trevor can play tennis. Only Franklin can own Smoke on the Water etc etc.
* of all the f*cking properties with for sale/foreclosure signs on the map, your active protagonist can only own one (and only one). Gone are the days of multiple property ownership in GTA 3 SA.
* the amount of money making business is limited/customized to certain protagonist. eg. only micheal can own the movie theaters
* LCN stock market is not dynamic and a somewhat overly scripted, broken feature.
* you make very little money until the last 1-2 heists in the game. After that (especially if you invest in LCN doing the assassination mission with tips from Lester) you'll make a sh*t ton of $$$$. But very little to buy with it once you've bought all properties.
The bad list may seem overwhelming. But my disappointment comes from the sh*tload of content R* decided to descope from SP in favor of online. Regardless, you should'nt let this stop you from playing --or enjoying--SP. I'm willing to bet the game features will improve with mods once game ports to the PC.