Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V - is it really that bad?

95 replies to this topic
Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

That sarcastic asshole you all have grown to love.

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

So far I am convinced that GTA V is nothing but pile of crap, since people are complaining about it so much. I do not own a console,I own a personal computer and I cannot wait for the release but what I read on the net makes me think that the whole GTA V hype didnt live up to what Rockstar has promised us.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

It's not crap...just overrated imo when compared to the 3D era games (during their release). Still a good game though.
  • manutd36 likes this

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

bizarro starter kit

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

It's definitely worth it. That said, it doesn't seem that it ended up being the big, highly involved game we thought it would be.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

GTA V is not a bad game. It's not what people expected, but it's not a bad game. The problem is that it's not a straight improvement from GTA IV. It weakens some things while it improves others and it doesn't add as much as people expected after a 4 year wait. It tries to satisfy the fans of the 3D era GTA games while also attempting to satisfy those who were happy with the new direction IV took and it doesn't really capture either side well. GTA was always improving up until GTA IV. GTA III brought the series to 3D, Vice CIty improved upon that, San Andreas improved upon that, and GTA IV reinvented the basics for the HD era, so everyone expected GTA V to be a solid improvement upon that and it didn't really do it or it did it in a way that people didn't intend or desire. None of these things make the game boring or un-fun. It's definitely worth a play through regardless of the constant complaining. It's just not what it could have been. 

• B Dawg, GroundZero, Ermac and 1 other like this

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

From my point of view, it's not as good as it could have been, but it does alot of things well. The PC version should be better for you considering they'll possibly be a replay editor, custom soundtracks and modding.

• BlackScout likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

It depends. Some think V lived up to the hype, some were meh about it, and others like me think V didn't live up to the hype. If you like really loved IV, you probably won't like V that much when you're far into it's gameplay, but I could be wrong.

• Lock N' Stock and hooma like this

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:10 PM Edited by IntoGloryRide, 29 November 2013 - 04:11 PM.

Many of the complaints on the internet are quite overblown. Sure this game isn't perfect by any means, but as someone who greatly enjoyed IV I can honestly say V has improved on it in several ways. But it all comes down to personal taste. Who knows...when you finally play it it could be a surprisingly good experience for you.
  • GroundZero and John Smith like this

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

gta v is a really good
I bought the console just to play this game
  • Herbiehunter likes this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

IMO this game suck ass. It's stupid and going on rampage is very limited.

GTAV shoudl never have been released. It is way too and too overrated, just like CoD.

R* is the new EA.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:27 PM Edited by Echolex, 29 November 2013 - 04:28 PM.

Listening to the personal opinions of a bunch of forum lurkers isn't the best way to make your own decisions

But here have another opinion: It's one of, if not the best game that exists for this generation of consoles.

• GroundZero and John Smith like this

KaKaja
  • KaKaja

GTA 5 GLITCHES <3 WITH PRIDE

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

its better than u tought

OldGamer67
  • OldGamer67

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

I'm new to the series and so I had no previous expectations about the game. It's a beautiful open world and I'm enjoying the game.

That said, you have to make your own fun. The story was very short compared to what I'm used to and the amount of diversity in activities is rather limited compared to something like Skyrim. I'm forced to advance the story in order to unlock more items and activities and the story itself is heavily scripted. I have no experience with GTA:O but from what I'm reading it's a mixed bag. Some love it, some think it's boring. Like most things, what you get from the game will be highly subjective and it all depends on what you're looking for.

This is still a fairly new game and I fully expect more content to be released. Since you're on a PC you will undoubtedly reap the rewards of having access to a modding community so even if you think the game is crap now, it still has potential to improve.

• Lock N' Stock likes this

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:41 PM Edited by Echolex, 29 November 2013 - 04:41 PM.

the amount of diversity in activities is rather limited compared to something like Skyrim.

How is that possibly true? Skyrim has the same gameplay throughout the entire game, but GTAVs gameplay changes dramatically with every activity.

vahnx
  • vahnx

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

GTA 4 took away a bunch of stuff that San Andreas added - swimming underwater, flying jets, gambling, stats, bicycles, parachuting, etc.

GTA 5 brought most of that back but it's still missing some stuff that was in San Andreas.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

Just ignore all the trolls blowing everything way out of proportion with complaints. Of course there will be some flaws, just like any game (even San Andreas had many, cough* cough* SA fanboys)

Overall the game is pretty amazing in every way. The mechanics, graphics, fun missions, just overall beautiful world are something you won't wanna miss out on.

• John Smith and BlackScout like this

EQUIN0X
  • EQUIN0X

Above The Rain

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

IMO this game suck ass. It's stupid and going on rampage is very limited.

GTAV shoudl never have been released. It is way too and too overrated, just like CoD.

R* is the new EA.

This is the kind of person OP gets his impression from.

Needless to say, OP, the game is very good in my opinion and it all depends on your taste. However, to say it "sucks ass" is just outright ignorant and, truthfully, disrespectful to the people who worked hard on the game.

You can tell when you play it that the creators put a lot of time and effort into the game, not only by the surface game, but all the little details that make it just that much better.

So, long story short, don't judge a game you've never played just by some immature critics.

• IveGotNoValues and GTA564 like this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

Just ignore all the trolls blowing everything way out of proportion with complaints. Of course there will be some flaws, just like any game (even San Andreas had many, cough* cough* SA fanboys)

Overall the game is pretty amazing in every way. The mechanics, graphics, fun missions, just overall beautiful world are something you won't wanna miss out on.

Anyone remember how Zero's plane bugged and wouldn't stop losing fuel even if you weren't accelerating? How about all the crashing planes in the earlier prints of the game? 

Anyone remember the ice cream factory save bug in Vice City? That one was particularly game breaking if I recall. 

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

Crap?

GTA V is a high quality game. However, I would not say that GTA V is the best game in the series.

OldGamer67
  • OldGamer67

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

the amount of diversity in activities is rather limited compared to something like Skyrim.

How is that possibly true? Skyrim has the same gameplay throughout the entire game, but GTAVs gameplay changes dramatically with every activity.

Gameplay changes based on whether you want to be a warrior, thief, mage or combination of the above. Each employs a different strategy. I can be a merchant that just wanders around gathering ingredients to make and sell potions if that's how I want to play the game. Which activities are you referring to? Are they a satisfying way to keep playing or are you doing the same things over and over in the same locations?

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:39 PM

if you want my honest opinion bro here it is:

I say don't listen to those crazy haters who just hate everything about the game BUT also don't listen to

crazy (if not crazier) fanboys who think its perfect and a masterpiece

GTA V is a very good game no doubt about that its far from a bad game BUT also far from a masterpiece

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

Imho, V is the best game I ever played, buuuut it could have been much better.

It's worth it.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

if you want my honest opinion bro here it is:
I say don't listen to those crazy haters who just hate everything about the game BUT also don't listen to
crazy (if not crazier) fanboys who think its perfect and a masterpiece

GTA V is a very good game no doubt about that its far from a bad game BUT also far from a masterpiece

Pretty much sums it up.

It is worth checking out.

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

POV City Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

Remember the Madd Dogg crib glitch where once you saved there, you couldn't play BBall anymore? Just saying.

Anyway, people in GTAforums are like the 5% of the total GTA fanbase? The butthurt whiners here are not representative of the quality of the game. It has minor flaws like all previous GTA, but in general it's probably the best game of this generation. Some people here are obsessing so much with the 3D era GTA's, but what we are asking here is the moon that cannot be had.

• Rock Howard likes this

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

Dont listen to people on here this place is a cesspit. Alot of people say it looks bad, has a poor framerate, lacks activities, world doesnt feel alive ect.

Its all bullsh*t, I want to know what games these people are playing.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

Take a few peeks outside GTAForums and you'll probably end up changing your mind.

It really feels like those who don't like the game have ganged up on GTAForums, while those who liked it (Hell of a lot more than those who don't) aren't.

Kind of ironic, if you ask me.

• GTA564 and BlackScout like this

imakuni1995
  • imakuni1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

It's not bad! it's great, the best GTA imo and one of the best open world games I have ever played. (and I've played quiet a lot of open world games) It's just that a game this big is bound to have some problems and so far R* didn't seem to care much about them.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

I don't think it's crap. I think it's a different kind of game. Definitely a new generation.

III-SA was about over the top fun. IV and V seem to be more down to Earth and border on realism and roleplay. 

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

I don't think it's crap. I think it's a different kind of game. Definitely a new generation.

III-SA was about over the top fun. IV and V seem to be more down to Earth and border on realism and roleplay. 

V seems to restore some of that over-the-top style though.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

People expected way too much. Their over the top fantasies made it break the game. IMO, its a great game. And don't be like some user here that says: "online s*cks!". While he haven't played it.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

The problem with GTA V was the former faults and errors. Including online not working for several days, continuing to get kicked out of matches and not being able to get back online for a good 20-30 minutes, and perhaps the storyline was too short. A mixture of the errors and small things which let the game down. If all of the bugs didn't screw the game, the game would be doing pretty good as of now.

The gameplay is good. I enjoy the cars, not enough motorcycles, and customizing cars+motorcycles. They actually have a good range of customization, wheels, body-spray are all included. The thing which really stands out is investing in the stock markets, purchasing businesses and apartments, flying fighter jets and the huge army cargo plane, buying guns and clothes. They added so many new weapons. It just depends from your perspective.

• Teo265 and Lock N' Stock like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users