Photo

The physcology of griefing

73 replies to this topic
ROADSIDE_BUM
  • ROADSIDE_BUM

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

the solution is to continue crying on non official forums about a game you should've known was going to be mostly violent interactions.  i'm glad we have these noobs to keep making new threads about it since bumping old ones is so 2012

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

Also, lol at "not morally correct" Morailty is relative. If it weren't, there wouldn't be differing schools of philosophical, religious, and political thought. There wouldn't be differing cultures and standards, et cetera. I find it sad/funny that, even in a video game, you have people incessantly pushing their viewpoints on others, telling people how the game "should" be played and such. Newsflash: you don't make the rules. Neither do I nor anyone else on this forum.

But don't let any of that prevent you from armchair analyzing strangers you briefly meet in a video game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

And the ruleset is how the game is supposed to be played, btw. 

That is the funniest article I've read in a long time and it has given me many new ideas. Thank you.

vaas
  • vaas

Soprano

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

tell them not to breed

Better off taking them out behind the shed and shooting them.

:p

here have my gun

TheWhiteKnight
  • TheWhiteKnight

Griefer Exterminator

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

tell them not to breed

Better off taking them out behind the shed and shooting them.

:p
here have my gun
Water pistols dont count.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

Yeah... obvious troll topic, but I’ll bite this time.

On this forum griefing has been watered down to mean “anything that annoys me in the slightest”. Shot me once? GRIEFING. Ran away when I wanted to shoot you? Probably GRIEFING. Bumped my car? GRIEFING. Took a car I wanted? GRIEFING. Having a stupid voice? GRIEFING. Chrome Adder? GRIEFING.

When people here complain about ‘griefing’ they usually mean getting attacked repeatedly without provocation... and really there are 3 motives for such attacks.
1) Progression/Advancement

2) Entertainment / Amusement

3) Trolling / Provoking a reaction

For 1 there are weapon tints and platinum awards that can only be unlocked by killing other players. Many of these can be achieved in DMs but some are only possible in free-roam and others are much more viable in free-roam. And for people who prefer FR over DMs they might prefer to get their kills from FR, and telling them to go to DM instead is rarely a compelling argument.

For 2 some people want to have exciting gunfights and car chases... and often the best way to get what they want is to instigate a fight. If people don’t retaliate or counterattack then these players can get bored rather quickly but if their target does fight back then they’re think it’s fun little battle.

For 3 it can be fun or funny antagonizing other players. Obviously killing another player 50 times in a row just to hear them rage is kinda sadistic, but I think most people have played jokes on their friends at one stage or another. So you have this broad spectrum between occasionally performing a harmless prank and constantly being a game-ruining dick... and exactly where you draw the cutoffs is going to be highly subjective. I would also point out that your primary mode of interaction in this game is shooting things.

Of the various motives I think only motive 3 can really be called griefing, and even then the term only applies when it goes overboard. The strictest definition of griefing is “playing in an unintended manner to ruin the game for other players” but I would probably go by the slightly looser definition of “intentionally ruining the game for other players”.  

If a guy ruins your game just by playing how he wants then that isn’t griefing (your playing styles just aren’t very compatible and GTAO has people with wildly different ideas on how the game is ‘supposed’ to be played.)

If a guy wants to ruin your game because that’s his idea of fun then I can call that griefing.

If a guy kills you 50 times because he wants his weapon tints then that’s okay because it’s playing within the rules of the game (though you’re well within your rights to think of him as a total dick and you could campaign for the rules to be changed)

If a guy kills you 50 times because he wants to ruin your game then that’s griefing.

The advantage of the strict definition is that it doesn’t rely on nebulous, possibly-unknowable intentions, but I think it misses some methods of ‘legitimately’ ruining the game for other players. Specifically I think it’s perfectly possible to ruin other people’s games without relying on glitches or unintended mechanics if you’re the stronger player or if you have a powerful vehicle. I’d definitely accept the argument that the rules of the game could be changed to protect some players further but passive mode and switching session are obvious and powerful solutions too.

So in the majority of cases when someone complains about a ‘griefer’, the other party probably didn’t think they were doing anything wrong... and strictly speaking they probably weren’t. Not saying they didn’t ruin your fun, but it probably wasn’t a deliberate attempt to spoil the game for you... it was the inevitable consequence of players with disparate tastes being bundled together. So there is no moral decline to get to the bottom of... more than anything else it’s just people with a different idea of fun. But whatever, play armchair psychologist all you want.

• WBaker and biggsull like this

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

Also, lol at "not morally correct" Morailty is relative. If it weren't, there wouldn't be differing schools of philosophical, religious, and political thought. There wouldn't be differing cultures and standards, et cetera. I find it sad/funny that, even in a video game, you have people incessantly pushing their viewpoints on others, telling people how the game "should" be played and such. Newsflash: you don't make the rules. Neither do I nor anyone else on this forum.

But don't let any of that prevent you from armchair analyzing strangers you briefly meet in a video game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

And the ruleset is how the game is supposed to be played, btw.
Taken from that article

"A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game, using aspects of the game in unintended way"

I already covered that in my post. Derp.

Tell me, where is this 'ruleset' that states that people shouldn't kill each other in freeroam?
Let`s put it this way: If I kill you 10 times, it`s kiling you in free roam. If I kill you 50 times within 10 minutes, I am griefing you.

If you're getting killed 50 times in 10 minutes then that says more about your intellect than the "griefers"

The word griefer and troll is such an overused term nowadays.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:22 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 29 November 2013 - 06:30 PM.

If you're getting killed 50 times in 10 minutes then that says more about your intellect than the "griefers"

Are you argumentative for the sake of it, or just dense?

Say we have an alley and the only way to the mission marker for us two is through that alley. Say I put my car in such a way that I am blocking your exit. Say I find a way to keep you in the alley even if you go on foot, literally blocking your access to the mission marker. That is griefing on my part.

And yes, if I actively seek you and only you within a game session and I am constantly harassing you that is griefing. You might have a thicker skin than others, but what I am doing is still griefing.

It`s just like that Battlefield Bad Company 2 medic trick, where he would revive you over and over again just so you`d get killed by the same shooter, literally blocking your respawn. As funny as it would have been for the medic, it was griefing. Even if, by some extraordinary event, he was THAT stupid.. it was STILL griefing.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

what is the reasoning behind these actions? do the griefers understand this is not morally correct? And what steps can we take to rehabilitate these kind of people?

Griefers provide a valuable service to the online community in my opinion.

Indeed. Trolls from my experience are hilarious. Making idiots look stupid and getting a good laugh with others. Most people assume any kid yelling obscenities is a "troll"

Any dumbass can scream obscenities and think they are the funniest,but in the end they're just an ass. If anything, they are troll bait.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

Funny how you can be reported for griefing. I went in a room and got killed but I don't really care, once people see you're for the most part a non combatant they give you rides lol.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

what is the reasoning behind these actions? do the griefers understand this is not morally correct? And what steps can we take to rehabilitate these kind of people?

Kill yourself.

• biggsull likes this

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:36 PM Edited by GankThis110, 29 November 2013 - 06:38 PM.

Say we have an alley and the only way to the mission marker for us two is through that alley. Say I put my car in such a way that I am blocking your exit. Say I find a way to keep you in the alley even if you go on foot, literally blocking your access to the mission marker. That is griefing on my part.

And yes, if I actively seek you and only you within a game session and I am constantly harassing you that is griefing. You might have a thicker skin than others, but what I am doing is still griefing.

It`s just like that Battlefield Bad Company 2 medic trick, where he would revive you over and over again just so you`d get killed by the same shooter, literally blocking your respawn. As funny as it would have been for the medic, it was griefing. Even if, by some extraordinary event, he was THAT stupid.. it was STILL griefing.
I'm not disagreeing with you about the griefing.(for the most part) The point I was making was if I'm letting you kill me 50 times+ over and over, and I haven't yet left the lobby, called in for help, or go into passive, then that says more about my intelligence than the griefer's.

The examples you gave are great examples of griefing, but people nowadays label anything and everything as griefing or trolling

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:38 PM Edited by biggsull, 29 November 2013 - 06:39 PM.

Griefing is natural and demonstrated in primates, they spend their day trying to get food, when they have eaten its all free time, used to make someone elses day hell.

It is only natural, you are griefing people with this post OP, you are griefing people for their actions and suggesting they are wrong, insulting them, attempting to instill a negative feeling inside them.. purely for your own self worth and positive feelings about how you made them feel.

If you realize it or not, you grief people. Some people are just really good at it and self aware they are doing it.

Possibly go back to games like candyland and hello kitty island adventure if you dont like the idea of natural human responses and actions.

vaas
  • vaas

Soprano

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:39 PM Edited by vaas, 29 November 2013 - 06:39 PM.

EliteGamer

I really hope you copied all that from somewhere coz typing all that useful sh*t and having 4-5 people read it just seams depressing to me

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:41 PM Edited by biggsull, 29 November 2013 - 07:09 PM.

On this forum griefing has been watered down to mean “anything that annoys me in the slightest”. Shot me once? GRIEFING. Ran away when I wanted to shoot you? Probably GRIEFING. Bumped my car? GRIEFING. Took a car I wanted? GRIEFING. Having a stupid voice? GRIEFING. Chrome Adder? GRIEFING

It's not this forum, thats every day life... tards gonna tard and generally being a tard includes whining about anything that you dont agree with.

This sums up offended/offensive

Its now very common to hear people say "Im rather offended by that" as if that gives them certain rights..It's no more than a whine, it has no meaning, it has no purpose..it has no reason to be respected as a phrase.. "I am offended by that" "Well so f*cking what"

"WAAAAAHHH U R GRIEFZORZIN MEH" is the exact same thing, so f*cking what, grow a pair.

The Irony btw is that he is gay and tells people who complain about offensive gay remarks(or anything people bitch about) to grow a pair.

Heres another video, same guy

"Would the World Have Been Better Without Hitler?"

Thats offensive by default so it must not be seen! Its bad ohhhh its bad! Suggesting the world might be worse if hitler werent born? Evil! I shouldnt have to hear that!

Its free speech, its a legit point, he explains it.. its valid, the fact you dont want to hear it doesnt give you any right to squelch him, in fact, you are simply showing yourself to be weak minded and unable to grasp concepts in an adult manor.

Point is, you dont like something someone says, you dont like something someone does.. f*ck off, your problem is not my problem... Normal people are supposed to be able to deal, to adapt, to handle things on their own.. not to look to some governing body to sort out all their own personal failings and mental inability.

If you dont like people who grief, if you manage to be someone who never griefs anyone (which op isnt, his name is whiteknight.. that screams I grief anyone who doesnt fit my morals) then you would be the extreme minority and I would argue mentally deficient for lack of ability to tolerate adult concepts in a human way.

Internet_white_knight.gif

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:44 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 29 November 2013 - 06:48 PM.

I'm not disagreeing with you about the griefing.(for the most part) The point I was making was if I'm letting you kill me 50 times+ over and over, and I haven't yet left the lobby, called in for help, or go into passive, then that says more about my intelligence than the griefer's.

The examples you gave are great examples of griefing, but people nowadays label anything and everything as griefing or trolling

I was trying to explain what griefing is in an ideal setting. Of course you`d be stupid to let yourself be griefed, but that is another story :)

That was intended with my first example. If you kill me 10 times within 10 minutes, it is gameplay. If you kill me 50 times within 10 minutes, as much of an idiot I would have been.. you are still griefing me :) Why? Because there is no reason for you to go out of your way to kill me that many times, assuming it is an unprovoked attack.

• GankThis110 likes this

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

Almost every lobby I go to, someone is trying to attempt to grief. This one jerk went around killing everyone in the room with a buzzard, after he killed me a couple times I took him out and spawn killed him a few times. We battled all the way up to him grabbing a tank and killing me over and over again. This went on for quite some time and he eventually left the room. This guys whole purpose for being in the lobby was to grief people. My theory is he had too much money and he got bored of playing nice and decided to be an asshole which he succeeded.  But its what to be expected, there are some diabolical people in this world, and its not surprising that some of them are also in the gaming community and actually defend their "right" to be as such.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

EliteGamer
I really hope you copied all that from somewhere coz typing all that useful sh*t and having 4-5 people read it just seams depressing to me

I enjoyed it.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

Almost every lobby I go to, someone is trying to attempt to grief. This one jerk went around killing everyone in the room with a buzzard, after he killed me a couple times I took him out and spawn killed him a few times. We battled all the way up to him grabbing a tank and killing me over and over again. This went on for quite some time and he eventually left the room. This guys whole purpose for being in the lobby was to grief people. My theory is he had too much money and he got bored of playing nice and decided to be an asshole which he succeeded.  But its what to be expected, there are some diabolical people in this world, and its not surprising that some of them are also in the gaming community and actually defend their "right" to be as such.

So, he went around free roam(where crazy sh*t can happen ) and killed people.(Like it or not its part of the game) He wasnt specifically going after any person. You fought back and killed him. After the fight kept escalating he brought a tank, made you his bitch, then you raged. Cool story.

My theory is you have no idea what griefing is.
  • AzraelX likes this

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

http://www.youtube.c...sIRfPmq7UQ&hd=1

This guy explain's Kant's Categorical Imperative to explain that greifing, when you look at it rationally... is a bad action.... 

Now.. to the gentlemen who claims that there is no universal good and evil... I have to agree with you... however.. there is a thing called good will and rationality plays a part in it. 

if you take any given action... to determine whether it is good willed or not, you think about whether or not it would be a good thing if everyone in the world did it as well. So.. take your genocide example... if you want to kill someone.. anyone... and you wait and think "well, if everyone in the world killed people would it be good?" well no because then over half the population would be dead from everyone killing one person. So that action is a bad action. [/background]

... This also works with defending yourself agaisnt someone trying to kill you... if someone is trying to kill you... and you defend yourself agaisnt him/her.... then take it it as if everyone defends themselves agaisnt someone who is trying to kill them then... ya thats a good thing... everyone should defend themselves.... [

Kant isnt saying what you -should- do is what everyone else is doing... but instead what you -should- do is only good if it remains good after everyone else does it as well. it kind of plays in the same as treat others as you would like to be treated because if you are treating someone bad and you apply the categorical imperative then if everyone treats everyone bad then no.. it is not a good willed action as you will be treated bad as well. 

The 2nd part of the lecture goes on the ability that we should let everyone be free to rationally choose their own decisions. This is the same as the 1st part as Kant says however it is a bit more simplified. This is where griefing is best seen as a bad or evil deed. If you are using another human to a means to your own end then you are limited his/her ability to make rational decisions for themselves. Griefing does exactly this... you are using that person for your own entertainment and while doing it you limit his/her ability to be a free thinking rational player. This is bad because if you apply the first bit of logic then if everyone griefed.. well if everyone griefed eachother GTA O would be waaaaaayyyy worse then it really is..... think about it... no cooperation ever... just griefing... durring missions, races, survivals, everything.... and dont tell me this is the way it is already because there is a good balance of cooperation and pvp as it stands now. 

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

What specific acts do people consider griefing? Deliberately screwing up or forcing people to quit missions? Freezing consoles with the tow truck. Spawn killing?

I have to say while these things can be a minor annoyance it's not ruining my enjoyment of the game. I'm not sure there is a way in game to truly grief someone.

TheWhiteKnight
  • TheWhiteKnight

Griefer Exterminator

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

Kill yourself.
Ladies first

HD95
  • HD95

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:25 AM

The f*ck is yolo even supposed to mean? You only die once too. Griefers are assholes because we all have the asshole impulse but nobody will knock your teeth out online. They can get away with it and don't have the necessary intellect or experience to understand that their interactions ARE real interactions. "Thing goes boom! Ha ha! You died! Ha ha! This game sucks! Yolo!" f*cking whatever.

Agreed

Canucks555
  • Canucks555

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:34 AM Edited by Canucks555, 30 November 2013 - 03:35 AM.

If you're not griefing in this game then you're role playing.

GAme was designed for griefing.

Last night I saw two role players having a little fisty fight below my Buzzard, got under the radar, did a loop, took both of them out with the chopper blades. They just never saw it coming.

-Got a nice fuzzy feeling out of that one.

Yolo..

whitebic
  • whitebic

lol

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

the strong prey on the weak. duhhh.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:11 AM Edited by AzraelX, 30 November 2013 - 09:18 AM.

There is clearly a difference between killing a player and spawn-trapping or other harassment.

Sure, but spawn camping isn't griefing. It's spawn camping. It's PKing. But no one is being griefed.

It only becomes griefing if you aren't supposed to be able to spawn camp someone, but still accomplish it via some exploit.

The most important part of this article is "in an unintended way". There is nothing unintended about getting killed multiple times in a PvP game. There isn't a certain point where you're losing so badly that you're being griefed. You're still just losing really badly.

All the mechanics are still being used as they were intended. Additionally, "Find new session" and "Passive Mode" are also mechanics which are available to players to prevent them from being spawn camped if they really don't want it to happen. Anyone it's happening to is voluntarily allowing it to happen, and the game is clearly designed with that in mind.

As a griefer myself, the misuse of the word offends me. I put a lot of time and energy into ruining the enjoyment of others, not to have my well-deserved label being given to every schmuck that puts fifty sniper rounds in some noob that can't figure out how to turn on passive mode.

The most severe method of griefing so far is using a towtruck to freeze people's consoles, and the most well-known method of griefing used to be players suiciding vehicles into stationary tanks. Considering that Rockstar largely addressed both methods in the latest patch, it can be assumed they're taking a hard stance against griefing (in free roam anyways) and trying to make it as difficult as possible.

As for people sabotaging jobs and driving backwards in races, well, I guess they haven't gotten that far yet.

GAme was designed for griefing.

Did you... did you skip over all the posts in the thread? That word definitely does not mean what you think it means.

It's paradoxical for a game to be "designed for griefing". Griefing requires not following the game's design. That makes no sense.

Do you mean killing other people? Its to unlock my wep skins and to get xp ... nothing personal bud you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time and i ran over you 10 times ... if it makes you feel any better i camped 5 other noobs that night and forget your name the second i left the session

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the OP just meant killing people. As if that isn't par for the course in a PvP game.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:26 AM Edited by AzraelX, 30 November 2013 - 09:33 AM.

"well, if everyone in the world killed people would it be good?" well no because then over half the population would be dead from everyone killing one person. So that action is a bad action.

Correction: If Y is the starting population, and X is the post-massacre population, then 0 < X < 0.5Y + 0.5.

Edit: In case the point isn't obvious, I'm only saying that it's possible for exactly half of the population to be dead as well.

And in this game, yes it would be good. If no one killed anyone, the game would not be fun, and no one would earn any awards or skin unlocks. I'd much prefer a session with 15 people intent on killing me than 15 people walking around in passive mode. One sounds like fun, the other definitely does not.

Volvo12345
  • Volvo12345

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

They are bullied IRL

AdmiralAugustus
  • AdmiralAugustus

Kush Kloud

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

I look at it from a competitive standpoint. If you can shoot in free mode, you can probably shoot in a DM. I like to test myself, because it's not always easy getting a good DM lobby.

I don't always fire on people in a free mode. Hell, lately I've been trying help low levels, and I understand why people get mad. It's disruptive, I know, but there's always passive mode. The people I end up camping are the ones who fire first, and are too afraid to take it to a DM, and people who are annoying on the mic.

I think both sides have valid arguments, they just don't play well with each other.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

It's too bad we can't have a discussion about actual griefing without a bunch of "I don't own a PC and have never played an online game before" people coming into it and equating intentional gameplay, like getting shot with a gun, with griefing.

The psychology of someone that kills you in a PvP game? That's pretty f*cking easy. They want XP, skin unlocks, money, awards, and the plethora of other rewards that come with murdering people en masse. They enjoy being better than other people at the game, and they want to win, so they go into the game and play competitively.

Not sure why anyone cares if they lost 50 fights in a row to the same person, or 50 fights in a row to 50 different people. Same sh*t, spawn camping is just some guy rematching you until you concede defeat.

Now actual griefing would be interesting to look at psychologically. Why would someone feel the desire to sacrifice actual game progress, purposely not playing the game in an anticipated way, just to ruin the game experience for other players? Why would someone seek out and make use of exploits, not to cheat and do better at the game, but instead to do worse at the game, for no reason other than being a spiteful prick towards unsuspecting strangers?

If you have any theories, feel free to throw them out there. We could potentially get some discussion that's interesting and relevant.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:06 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 01 December 2013 - 11:44 PM.

The most important part of this article is "in an unintended way". There is nothing unintended about getting killed multiple times in a PvP game. There isn't a certain point where you're losing so badly that you're being griefed. You're still just losing really badly.

All the mechanics are still being used as they were intended. Additionally, "Find new session" and "Passive Mode" are also mechanics which are available to players to prevent them from being spawn camped if they really don't want it to happen. Anyone it's happening to is voluntarily allowing it to happen, and the game is clearly designed with that in mind.

As a griefer myself, the misuse of the word offends me. I put a lot of time and energy into ruining the enjoyment of others, not to have my well-deserved label being given to every schmuck that puts fifty sniper rounds in some noob that can't figure out how to turn on passive mode.

The most severe method of griefing so far is using a towtruck to freeze people's consoles, and the most well-known method of griefing used to be players suiciding vehicles into stationary tanks. Considering that Rockstar largely addressed both methods in the latest patch, it can be assumed they're taking a hard stance against griefing (in free roam anyways) and trying to make it as difficult as possible.

As for people sabotaging jobs and driving backwards in races, well, I guess they haven't gotten that far yet.

You defined griefing yourself. Nothing against ruining my fun for a while, but if you are trying to forbid me from playing, that is griefing. We both have an equal right to play this game as we see fit and there are common sense limits to how far you can take YOUR fun.

I will reiterate the Battlefield example: One medic in cover could revive a fallen player before he would have a respawn timer / choice. That posed a problem when there is a shooter that keeps killing the revived player. Sometimes you ended up with full squads reviving one player - that is griefing. That is NOT tolerated on any half assed admined server.

Look at how his team mate is reviving him only to be killed again.

Your and all the assholes`s saving grace is the lack of dedicated servers and admins...

[EDIT] Just as one of the Call of Duty games and all the decent servers having a "no noobtube" policy. Unfair to assholes? Sure. But it was too cheesy nonetheless and everybody knew it.. especially with One Man Army perk.

[EDIT #2] You know it as well as I do that all those antics ARE pushing the limits of anyone`s patience. And killing one guy 10 times unprovoked proves your point nicely. 40 more kills and you proved your point more than enough. That includes and not limited to destroying allied assets, hindering objective play, etc. Beyond that point you are just doing it to test the admin`s patience. That WILL NOT fly and you know it. You will get ONE warning and 10 seconds to decide if you want to test the admin`s resolve. There is nothing grey about it - you know it full well that what you want is anarchy. You will never have it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users