A Wishlist for the Future

27 replies to this topic
Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Despair Disco

• Members
  • India

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

Well, there are many things which this society can have as an improvement in future.

Like a password protected toilet. You need to type a password so that you can enter in the toilet. But, in return, you will get full privacy and no stinking problems.

It would be nice to have a password protected toilets with voice passwords too. It could be used in public washrooms with passwords such as "I like the President".

Oh, and a Time machine. Would go in one and kill all the human race with a nuclear bomb.

Share your wishes and opinions. :)

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Previous Username: Bull12345Bull

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:10 PM

All I want is a Jetpack.

Spoiler

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

One shot, one kill.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

I want to get out of this recession.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

I want the 25 year car importing law to be kicked to the side. :p

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Warp drive. 'Nuff said.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

Half-Life 3. Half. Life. Thuh-REE.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:49 PM Edited by Typhus, 29 November 2013 - 02:55 PM.

Robotic sexual partners, I think they'd reduce the amount of spree killings, school shootings and instances of child molestation. A great many ills in society can be traced to sexual frustration, because of how tied up sex is with male identity.

Perfect cloning of an individual, this is my biggest dream of all, I want a perfect copy of myself to raise from childhood.

would say I'd love to see Dinosaurs brought back. But we have no way of knowing what they eat, no way of guessing what kind of environment they'd find agreeable, and could only offer them a life in captivity. So, whilst I find the idea amazing, in practice, it would be rather cruel.

It's the same problem I have with bringing back the Woolly Mammoth, I'd love to see them, but only if we could offer them a happy life.

I'd love to see some way to alter the make-up of humanity. Allow us to regrow our teeth an infinite amount of times, bring back the tail we lost, widen the scope of hair and eye colour. Cosmetic changes that could allow the individual to become all that they wished to be. No one should have to be ugly simply because of their genes.

• Max likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

Robotic sexual partners, I think they'd reduce the amount of spree killings, school shootings and instances of child molestation. A great many ills in society can be traced to sexual frustration, because of how tied up sex is with male identity.

Perfect cloning of an individual, this is my biggest dream of all, I want a perfect copy of myself to raise from childhood.

would say I'd love to see Dinosaurs brought back. But we have no way of knowing what they eat, no way of guessing what kind of environment they'd find agreeable, and could only offer them a life in captivity. So, whilst I find the idea amazing, in practice, it would be rather cruel.

It's the same problem I have with bringing back the Woolly Mammoth, I'd love to see them, but only if we could offer them a happy life.

I'd love to see some way to alter the make-up of humanity. Allow us to regrow our teeth an infinite amount of times, bring back the tail we lost, widen the scope of hair and eye colour. Cosmetic changes that could allow the individual to become all that they wished to be. No one should have to be ugly simply because of their genes.

Yes! Jurassic Park! :)

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

On a lighter note, at least the dinosaurs would be adorable.

They had feathers, apparently. Do you think they chirped? I can't imagine these bright, feathery things roaring and growling. I think they'd be really cute.

Failure
  • Failure

Gone for now.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

A time machine enabling me to go back to the first day of Year 10 would be great. I'd get to relive the best years of my life and not make the mistake at 16 which has made me bitter today. I'd learn Hebrew, join the IDF after my A levels and forget about the undue pressure which plagued my late teenage years. Of course this is all very selfish--were I actually to have a time machine, I like to think that I'd use it in a more altruistic way.

I sometimes muse upon cybernetics allowing the severely disabled to live full lives again, or genetic therapy which could rid the world of debilitating genetic illnesses which ruin lives. Sadly, I doubt such things will ever be available to the common man and his family.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

Elysium style medi-bed and possibility to download information into your brain. Those two would be at the top of my list.

Failure
  • Failure

Gone for now.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

possibility to download information into your brain.

Though tempting, I think this would rob a lot of the joy from learning. Sure, knowing things without the effort of learning them would be great, but you'd have none of the roughspun wisdom that comes with being a learned man, and little appreciation of the material.

With that said, instead downloading of technical drawings, manuals and such other dry material would be invaluable.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

Though tempting, I think this would rob a lot of the joy from learning. Sure, knowing things without the effort of learning them would be great, but you'd have none of the roughspun wisdom that comes with being a learned man, and little appreciation of the material.

With that said, instead downloading of technical drawings, manuals and such other dry material would be invaluable.

I agree, but what about the ability to upload information from your brain? I'd love to be able to record my dreams and play them back.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

Some way to save real world environments and a virtual reality deck that can simulate them. Want to visit Times Square? Trek through the Amazon rainforest? Get lost in the Grand Canyon? Just grab a copy off the internet, and explore to your heart's content!

Also open-source television software, easy enough for the user to be able to customize and change at their will without having to abide by the manufacturer's design constraints.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

Matrix. 'nuff said.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:10 PM

I agree, but what about the ability to upload information from your brain? I'd love to be able to record my dreams and play them back.

That I can get onboard with, not only would I love to be able to visualise thoughts and dreams but it also would be a great tool for emergency services and counsellors.  

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:41 AM

Why the heck would I want a password protected toilet? What if I'm about to sh*t my pants and have to make a run to the toilet, only for it to ask me to enter a password?

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Despair Disco

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:45 AM

Why the heck would I want a password protected toilet? What if I'm about to sh*t my pants and have to make a run to the toilet, only for it to ask me to enter a password?

That's the purpose. The goverment wants to protect their toilets "leaking" stuffs.

• MiamiViceCity likes this

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

One shot, one kill.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:39 AM

I want virtual reality to become a real thing.

Man, if I could be in the world of Pokemon, GTA or any other video game, what would be the point of living here?

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Despair Disco

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:42 AM

Man, if I could be in the world of Pokemon, GTA or any other video game, what would be the point of living here?

You mean like Swords Art Online?

Wait for five more years (or more). Asians will not disappoint us. :^:

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:56 AM

I'd like the same thing.

Spoiler

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Despair Disco

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:15 AM

I'd like the same thing.

Spoiler

Hey, don't mind the Animes. Atleast they are better than the few cartoons with bad art airing these days. Infact I suggest light novels instead of animes. They are better if you like reading.

And let's not start a war about cartoons. What I am pointing out is the idea of a virtual game; and not in the form of "sh*tty Anime".

As for my other wishes, I would like a notebook in future in which we can write a name of a person and he/she will die. Sounds cool if we want to remove bad people from this world. I could also give myself a nickname like "Kira".

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

?

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:33 AM

A world where every man is free, where no one has to die and where there's never need to lie.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

One shot, one kill.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

I'd like the same thing.

Spoiler

Hey, don't mind the Animes. Atleast they are better than the few cartoons with bad art airing these days. Infact I suggest light novels instead of animes. They are better if you like reading.

And let's not start a war about cartoons. What I am pointing out is the idea of a virtual game; and not in the form of "sh*tty Anime".

As for my other wishes, I would like a notebook in future in which we can write a name of a person and he/she will die. Sounds cool if we want to remove bad people from this world. I could also give myself a nickname like "Kira".

You people are dicks.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:51 AM Edited by F4L?, 30 November 2013 - 06:51 AM.

Hovercars/Landspeeders like Star Wars, even if they are theoretically impossible at this point, it'd still be damn cool.
Longer battery life for my phone.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:50 AM

• Body prostheses or exoskeletons to radically improve the strength. You know, like being able to crush iron or something with bear bare hands.
  • Iron Man suit.
  • Nanobots that heal you as you get damaged. Giving you healing ability equal to Wolverine's in X-Men, lol.
  • Flying cars.
  • Those epic cities from many set-in-future movies.
  • Virtual reality games, connecting your brain to the game giving you a Matrix-kind of an experience.
  • Colonies on other planets such as Mars so we can have Star Wars in Milky Way.
  • Holiday trips to Mars (heh, Total Recall-reference, heh).
  • Holograms similar to the one seen in Iron Man for example.

I think this is enough... for now.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:58 AM Edited by Joe Chip, 30 November 2013 - 09:58 AM.

I don't think "the asians" have done very much with computers/VR/electronics research recently, just in the 80s and 90s, and now everyone expects them to be this great powerhouse of technology and they're not. (Here's some recent CS rankings where Japan's best universities don't reach past 100 in any category - http://www.shanghair...jectCS2013.html, the US seems to have every country beat :cool:, and Hong Kong's the closest at #24 but still behind Canada, Britain, and Israel. The chemistry and physics programs get them pretty high though.) - Sorry for off-topic posting, I just wanted to correct you. :devil:

[*] I think adding the ability to feel physical touch/pain with VR would be important for the things I'd want to do. (Like petting cats, and uh, bowling. :whistle:)

[*] Also it'd be pretty cool if cities started beefing up on bike-only lanes, and intersection safety, and people who pull out past the stripes at stop signs and/or don't look both ways should have a stop sign bashed through their windshield by law.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

I sometimes muse upon cybernetics allowing the severely disabled to live full lives again, or genetic therapy which could rid the world of debilitating genetic illnesses which ruin lives. Sadly, I doubt such things will ever be available to the common man and his family.

I like that idea if only this were a reality.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users